• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yeah, they imply that Mugi lead a sheltered life as a kid. Saying that they need weeks in advance appointments to come over to the house, always on trips to Finland and other places. In the manga they say that she only had one friend growing up, who was a daughter of one of her family's servants, and had to have her buy Mugi manga for her because she wasn't allowed to have manga.
This is also how she developed love for yuri
It does make you want to sympathize with her.
It suddenly makes sense.

V6GeP.png

Narag

Guys, you could at least use his actual avatar, you know... the one he is currently using, because... lets see how I put it... HE IS NOT DEAD, DAMMIT!

I was like that last night. After a good night's sleep and some quiet time to ponder life, I moved on to acceptance.

Kagami

To be fair they only have themselves to blame. Expecting people to pay £60 for two episodes? That's the biggest joke from the whole show.

Nichijou 7,980 yen/2 episodes -- Sales: 2500 copies/volume
Strike Witches 2 9,240 yen/2 episodes -- Sales: 13,000 copies/volume

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Guys, you could at least use his actual avatar, you know... the one he is currently using, because... lets see how I put it... HE IS NOT DEAD, DAMMIT!

Had to choose a picture that would remind us all of the good times.

Grzi

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 02

I'm not sure if it's the lack of budget or talent in David Production but this show is barely animated. Too bad because I really like how stylized everything looks (thanks to the manga, but ok), even the tackiness of the colors has its charms.
That aside, the episode was great, I especially enjoyed the music, there were some really nice tracks.

Hiiro no Kakera 2nd season Ep 3

Zwei has my favorite type of weapon for anime.
The whole infiltrate the Logos mansion scheme was intense and emotional and quite flashy. Ohmi has really turned traitor and now all know about Shinji. Im afraid they may break up next episode and go separate ways or something, which will spell trouble if ONikirimaru wakes up too soon!

Jex

[JoJo's Bizarre Adventure] - 2

This show really manages to succeed despite it's obvious failings. It clearly runs on the love that the staff must have for the source material.

Also, I think the opening is really well directed, it's just a shame that it has to be ugly CG.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

This show really manages to succeed despite it's obvious failings. It clearly runs on the love that the staff must have for the source material.

Also, I think the opening is really well directed, it's just a shame that it has to be ugly CG.
That CG was classy CG, what are you talking about?

wat

The CG is pretty great in the opening.

Narag

CG kinda grew one me. It has that weird campy visual charm the show is running off of currently.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Man... maybe this show isn't for me... It's just too out there for me. I'll stick with what I enjoy so far. This will be on my #apathywatch.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Man... maybe this show isn't for me... It's just too out there for me. I'll stick with what I enjoy so far. This will be on my #apathywatch.

You don't want to grow a beard or lift weights after watching all that?

kayos90

I never said Kirito was manly. This is just.... I feel like I'm on some sort of drug when I'm watching Jojo.

Narag

I never said Kirito was manly. This is just.... I feel like I'm on some sort of drug when I'm watching Jojo.

I think you're mistaking that for a surge in testosterone so the uncomfortable feeling is understandable given your familiarity with Kiriito and his deficiency.

kayos90

Okay so I'll list the things I find odd and sort of unappealing to me in Jojo.

1.) Ridiculous flamboyancy of Jojo and Dio
2.) Odd coloring palettes and designs. I just find it somewhat... awkward compared to what I'm used to.
3.) Outrageous character designs.
4.) They say EVERYTHING. It's like they're forced to say whatever they're thinking.
5.) The random zoom-ins on their faces with super awkward shading and such.
6.) The Japanese characters always appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom