• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Yeah, it's really weird isn't it. Her dad looks like a classmate or something, and her mom looks like her younger sister. Those designs... lol.

I didn't mind the dad so much, maybe the squinty eyes made him seem older to me. Though the mum did make me think he should probably be arrested.

cajunator

Banned
Recent Pick-up

Gunslinger Girl, Haibane Renmei, Nichijou Blu-Ray Special Edition 1

I went down the wrong rabbit hole:
Henrietta GoodSmile figure, Yuuko and Nano Prize Figures

Nice pick-ups! Great show choices. You should enjoy all of that.

So has anyone compared the video quality on the new Haibane Renmei release versus the old one?

Its slightly better in some ways, but I dont like the look.

Yeah. Its too hard edged and sharp. I prefer the softer look, although its a bit blurrier. It fits the show though.

If this is true, then that is yet another show that failed to sell yet has a sequel coming when far better sellers are being cancelled. Interesting turn of events.

Hey, I pointed out how awful the CG mansion was last week, but for some reason David Production haven't fixed it yet. I can't see how anyone with an artistic eye could let such an abomination into their work. LOOK AT IT:

IIEuv.jpg

Looks fine to me. It fits with the style of the show.

cajunator

Banned
Wasn't it Toradora that had some ghosting issues or something to that effect? I'd still like to pick that up although it'd probably be just the standard editions at this point.

Yeah it did but that was also their very first release and it never happened again. They also had issues with audio on another release but I didnt get that one.

Pokemon B/W Rival Destinies 35

We get our first Black/White 2 gym fight.

We see a Koffing!

We get a guitar version of the gym battle theme.

We get an actual competent gym battle and Ash is actually using his rarely seen Pokemon.

We get another episode of this? It's like magic!

Mature

Hey, I pointed out how awful the CG mansion was last week, but for some reason David Production haven't fixed it yet. I can't see how anyone with an artistic eye could let such an abomination into their work. LOOK AT IT:

IIEuv.jpg
Shots like this make the show even better.

Scrolling through this thread I became really worried for Hito for a second.
Well until I checked (yeah they made me google the thread).
So I am bothered by these avatars too.

Chuunibyou

I read through the discussion and I actually like the portrayal of Rikka.
With her behaviour she is at odds with societal expectation and if the anime portrayed that in a negative light it would blindly adher to the perform and functionality pressure (which creates a lot of disfunctions in the first place) Rikka is a countermodel against.
(I think especially Japan has a very high suicide rate among young people)
Let them teenagers be dumb, seriously.
Also lacking self-awareness is a very good thing at that age, which is exactly why teenagers do not have any.

Kurita

I would say the Diamond/Pearl era was good but it has gotten really good once they did the whole Black/White wipe and got rid of boring Brock.

I see.
I guess it can be quite enjoyable when there is nothing else to watch... I love Pokémon but never really bothered watching the anime.

Reknoc

Magi 2

siiiiiiiiiiigh

I would say the Diamond/Pearl era was good but it has gotten really good once they did the whole Black/White wipe and got rid of boring Brock.

Woah man, Brock was awesome. Though I did enjoy what I watched of B/W, should really get back into it again. First ED ruled.

Instro

SAO 15

I'm really looking forward to seeing how they
animate the flight sequences, it's rare that you see flight without CG outside of shows like Strike Witches.

From the New World 3

Loved this, fantastic stuff. There's a couple minor issues I have with how some of the less significant scenes are handled this week, mainly with some shot selection and scene cuts, but I can accept it considering the visuals and direction are generally impressive in this show, particularly during key segments. The opening was outstanding of course, there was something very vivid about the animation and colors on display there. What I really enjoyed about the show this week though was how well the sense of discovery translated from the kids to the viewers. As they were exploring this unfamiliar territory, I sort of felt right there with them. The music and banter work well to set the tone, and you are left with the impression that they are questioning their world as much as the audience is. The children seem to know about as much about their world as we do, almost all their information comes from second hand stories and rumors, and they often seem unsure about so much around them. It's something I find puts me on the same level as the characters I am watching, and am able to relate to them as such.

Oh yeah, lets keep it going with the wardrobe changes, that shit is the best. Particularly in a show where the setting allows for different styles of clothing we are not completely familiar with. Looking forward to what is revealed next week. Exciting stuff!

Branduil

IIEuv.jpg

I actually think my favorite part of this shot is that Jojo seems to randomly be doing the moonwalk.

Kazzy

K-ON!! - Episode 15

9vfRV.jpg

The assembly line.

A marathon is the least likely thing for the band to participate in, so naturally Yui does her best to duck out of it, in any way possible. I guess a decision was made to further explore the range of Yui's VA, as she pretty much gets by making a range of ridiculous sounds, and trying to sing whilst out of breath (more impressive than it sounds), becoming more animated as the episode moves on, it's truly something to behold.

as1Rz.jpg

Cute crazy girls doing cute crazy things

The moment where the footage actually started to rewind was incredible, and the end to the race was all round ridiculous. This was just a fun episode, and it involved all the characters, even Tomi! So there are bonus points there too. And Sawako got her just deserts, serves her right for torturing Yui before the race.

Mio, you did it again.

Lain

Sword Arts Online 4

Episode about PvP. I dislike PvP. I feel PvP in MMOs is only good in bringing assholish behaviours to the forefront and I believe this episode communicated that pretty well.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hidamari Sketch - 12 [END]

One season down with 3 more to go!

With memorable characters and cuteness out the wazoo, I can see why it's a favorite.

YunoxMiyako and HiroxSae make the world go 'round.

And
Sae's sister...

Should be arrested for being so adorable. Holy shit.

Specials for season 1 are next.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I am enjoying Code Breaker a lot more than Psycho Pass. At least the female lead in Code Breaker didn't totally put me off like Akane in Psycho Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom