• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Space Brothers 28 aka Feels Good Man : The Anime

Jesus, this anime makes me so happy whenever I watch it.
I always have a big smile on my face.

Thoraxes

I have my eyes set on Planetes, what does AnimeGAF think about it?

It's a slow burn, but the feels are so good and the character progression is great by the end.

Not to mention they spent a shitload of research on how to build the technology of the world they presented to make it seem believable. Do watch it, it's fascinating not only for the characters, but for the depth and meticulous attention to detail of the setting. They're not very forward with explaining it to you in most sections with words but prefer to present it visually and let the art and animation carry that part.

So goooooood, and I really loved all the characters by the end.

Well, that's your opinion, but I don't think it's particularly good at all. It's not even on the level of a PS2-era Final Fantasy cutscene.
I'd definitely give it to ya when you say the overall quality of it isn't up to snuff with some CG nowadays, but I feel that's part of the appeal. The campy look makes me think that the studio is really dumping their heart and soul into the anime, plus I'm not really used to seeing CG openings like that. I can totally see why people wouldn't like it.

But yes, the song is glorious!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This is Naruto levels of filler.

"I'm mad at Utena/Anthy. Now I'm Black Rose'd and angry and lost my personality. Utena defeats me with PRINCE HAX. Now I'm fine and basically nothing happened."

This is bad. She's fighting basically the same person in the same way every episode.
This is kayos levels of reductionism.

NIS America

zZygJ.gif

Emitan

I just think you are approaching this material from the wrong angle. It isn't really about the fights, not to mention you are about to hit one of the best episodes (MOO).

I'm not watching it for the fights but the show seems to be making a big deal out of them when the whole point was the emotions of the characters in the fight, not the fight itself.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm not watching it for the fights but the show seems to be making a big deal out of them when the whole point was the emotions of the characters in the fight, not the fight itself.
The show hasn't changed the focus yet. This is really a case of missing the forest for the trees.
I liked the first arc and want to like the show. 14 and 15 were just really awful :(
Episode 16 is what I'm talking about. Pro-tip: It's a Nanami episode.

Thoraxes

I just think you are approaching this material from the wrong angle. It isn't really about the fights, not to mention you are about to hit one of the best episodes (MOO).
Time Machine is pretty great.

Additionally, I noticed in my reviews of earlier episodes of my Utena-watch, you guys actually helped me realize these points like 3 episodes in. And once I realized it, I felt stupid for ever trying to base it on something that it wasn't intending to do.

Once I understood the Ikuhara symbolism and fabulousness, I was enlightened to the truth.

Grzi

Medaka Box Abnormal - 01

I expect to have a lot of fun with this one. It's already got me hyped for some sweet shounen action and some delicious sakuga, so I can't wait to see how it all plays out. I hope there's some people left at Gainax who can make this shit look stylized as hell because if I don't get A LOT of action during these 12 episodes I'm gonna flip out.

BluWacky

Oh, goodness me.

EDIT - on reading the article, I don't think this is actually confirmed. It was announced that they were making a sequel to either Mushishi or Detroit Metal City, and the article has concluded it's likely to be Mushishi because Nagahama and Umakoshi both worked on the first season. While I think that's a reasonable conclusion to reach, I don't think we can say it's confirmed yet.

Grzi

Shame the world's going to end in a couple of months, eh?

Dude, I'm watching the second episode of Code Breaker and find myself enjoying it, so I start thinking how good this year has been for anime fans, and what a nice selection of shows this Fall season has, I don't HATE anything I started watching, plus those news and I naturally start thinking how it could be possible that the Japanese know something we don't and they're giving us all the good stuff so we can enjoy ourselves before the world ends. And then you posted that! OMG ;______;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom