• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's a point. Are they still going to be limited by that "you have to look like yourself" (minus the ears of course) mechanic in the next game of SAO? Kirito looks a bit off there, but judging by his previous attempt we know Create a Character mode isn't one of his strengths.

While I know it won't happen it would be funny is
the girl who looks like Asuna is the game isn't her but just someone whose avatar coincidentally looks like her.

BluWacky

AnimeGaf, opinions on Book of Bantorra?

Want to get slowly back into anime, want to get only the best of the best, and Eureka sucked ;(

Book of Bantorra is by no means "the best of the best" in any way. If that's really what you're going for, you're not going to find it in that show.

What kind of things do you like? What didn't you like about Eureka Seven?

wonzo

Banned
Teekyuu 2
tkyuu2.jpg

This is still incredibly bizarre to the point of incoherence. That is all.
AnimeGaf, opinions on Book of Bantorra?

Want to get slowly back into anime, want to get only the best of the best, and Eureka sucked ;(
I don't know anything about Book of Bantorra outside of it being done by David Poroduction. Watch Dennou Coil, tsuritama, Mononoke, Trapeze, Time of Eve Movie, Sword of the Stranger or Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Taruranto

4.) They say EVERYTHING. It's like they're forced to say whatever they're thinking.

Welcometoshounenjump.

This is Naruto levels of filler.

"I'm mad at Utena/Anthy. Now I'm Black Rose'd and angry and lost my personality. Utena defeats me with PRINCE HAX. Now I'm fine and basically nothing happened."

This is bad. She's fighting basically the same person in the same way every episode.

You are not supposed to watch it for the fights, but for the characters (which are fairly interesting, with real flaws and psychology unlike 90% of other anime characters) and the subtle developments. Also, the payoff is totally worth, the arc final episode is mind-blowing.

Book of Bantorra is by no means "the best of the best" in any way. If that's really what you're going for, you're not going to find it in that show.

What kind of things do you like? What didn't you like about Eureka Seven?

Thanks,

I want some shonen, also I would need something with comedy, and as little "anime tropes" as possible.

The new Eureka was missing some of the spark of the previous show, at least in the first 4 episodes it did not grab me.

The new Saint Seiya was somewhat entretaining, however the changes in the mythos bug me a lot.

Teekyuu 02

Yeah, this show is something else. Most shows will at least give you a moment to maybe laugh at a joke, but this one just flies right to the next one one after another. You can barely tell if the joke was good or not cause another one is right in your face by the time you can think!

Ultimadrago

Hey, I pointed out how awful the CG mansion was last week, but for some reason David Production haven't fixed it yet. I can't see how anyone with an artistic eye could let such an abomination into their work. LOOK AT IT:

IIEuv.jpg

Nothing has beat the first-person "running" shot from episode 1.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure! 35:

I don't want to spoil too much because the episode was freaking amazing, but I at least want to point out the hilarious self-awareness:

I can't say I've ever seen an IN STORES NOW show poke fun at other IN STORES NOW shows. Just look at the third picture--kids are absolutely thrilled to be in line for a new mecha toy, but observe the expressions on the parents' faces. There are some people working on this show who are secretly empathetic toward the parents they're bleeding dry, lol.

Now, time to make some gifs and possibly make a second post on the episode with coherent impressions if I can get my head together sufficiently.

Lain

Sword Art Online 5-7

Asuna's comeback wasn't exactly the best, but it got better as the episodes went on. So far Asuna is firmly planted as the perfect waifu: she can even cook!
Episode 7 though put Liz as the perfect mistress. She'd just need some courage.

Instro

Thanks,

I want some shonen, also I would need something with comedy, and as little "anime tropes" as possible.

The new Eureka was missing some of the spark of the previous show, at least in the first 4 episodes it did not grab me.

The new Saint Seiya was somewhat entretaining, however the changes in the mythos bug me a lot.

Toriko is pretty good shounen. This season however we are graced with Jojo and Magi both of which would fit what you are looking for.

You might also like Gintama which is a comedy action show, I have never watched it but people seem to rave about it.

Cwarrior

Magi ep2

This maybe the worst adaptation of a good shounen I've ever seen.

-fun eating scene was removed

Thanks,

Sounds like you want One piece , the entire world runs on apsurd, there nothing like it out there and it doesn't use many common tropes or follow a guide, it does it own thing.

Branduil

Thanks,

I don't know how to recommend something both shonen, comedy, and without tropes, but you should watch Fate/Zero.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sounds like you want one piece , the entire world runs on apsurd, there nothing like it out there and it doesn't use many common tropes or follow a guide, it does it own thing.

Wat, One Piece is about as tropey as you can get.

Anyway, what war recon zero is looking for is Gintama.

Solune

Yeah it totes gets changed from stairs to an elevator. I hate you all btw.
I like this.
AnimeGAF = Tsun
ManGAF = Dere
Everyone!

It says Mushishi OR Detroit Metal City sequel could be possible, but he is strongly hinting towards Mushishi. (The fact that Yoshihiko Umakoshi is involved is what they are basing this off of)

Now if you will excuse me....

http://i.imgur.com/CBIkP.gif

Can you confirm that it says it's slated for Fall / Winter, but that it may also be delayed?

Okay so I'll list the things I find odd and sort of unappealing to me in Jojo.

1.) Ridiculous flamboyancy of Jojo and Dio
2.) Odd coloring palettes and designs. I just find it somewhat... awkward compared to what I'm used to.
3.) Outrageous character designs.
4.) They say EVERYTHING. It's like they're forced to say whatever they're thinking.
5.) The random zoom-ins on their faces with super awkward shading and such.
6.) The Japanese characters always appearing

There is not a single negative thing listed there.

Jeez... next thing you know cosmic is gonna fucking blow me up for not liking Jojo. I never said I hated it. It just doesn't suit my tastes....

Nah, you're fine. It isn't for everyone. Honestly, I didn't even care that much for Phantom Blood when I first read it. I only ended up liking it in retrospect, which is why I'm loving re-experiencing it in animated form.

Cwarrior

Wat, One Piece is about as tropey as you can get.

Anyway, what war recon zero is looking for is Gintama.

Can you shut up, I'm helping this man find the shounen his looking for, this is ain't your field so sit there and be quite, when this man asks he wants cute girls then it's your time to speak.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Can you shut up, am helping this man find the shounen his looking for, this is ain't your field so sit there and be quite when this man asks he wants cute girls then it's your time to speak.

Yes, he's looking for nontropey shounen, so all the "big three" are already out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom