• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recommending One Piece as a non troupe driven shounen is equivalent to saying that One Piece is the better series than Fairy Tail, simply rediculous.

Anyway for suggestions one should look into Fairy Tail or Katekyo Hitman Reborn which have the best amounts of comedy and shounen elements, or even just Sket Dance or try something more edgy like Bakuman or Tiger & Bunny.

Well, I guess you could think of the Straw Hats as a troupe.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hidamari Sketch x365 - 01

AVKVy.png

OTP

Not sure why I didn't catch this sooner, but I had no clue that each episode was on a random day. Starting season two with an opener that looks like it belonged in the first season threw me for a loop. XD

No problem. Since I know the characters now its nice to see how my OTP came to be.

Been paying nanaca crash again lately and thought I would share. Get nostalgic, AniGaf.

Oh wow I remember this!

7Th

Saint Seiya Omega 28

Recap episode. New OP sucks, but the song is so good... @_@

It's actually not the new OP; the real new OP debuts next week. Toei still isn't done with the new animation so they used a fake recap OP instead. The schedule for the show is Shaft-bad.

jman2050

Of course, I actually did for every episode for once becuase I foundthe ED themes to be quite good. But that whole thing
still don't make her disappearance any less unnecessary. Even if that black uniform was adorable.

I don't disagree fully, just two things to keep in mind:
1) Taiga left cause her family relationships sucked and she wanted to fix it before doing anything else, and 2) The anime kind of screwed up the ending anyhow and didn't make #1 all that clear. Also in the original LNs she was gone for only two months. Thing is JC Staff sort of had to wing it because they actually finished the anime before the last novel came out and all they had to work with was a basic "this is how it ends" outline.

cajunator

Banned

FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK. Time to triple dip if this makes it to the US :(
Then I guess I could sell my old boxsets. Or should I just keep those two and just set up an Utena shrine? Decisions...

Pretty cool art of SAO

Looking better.

Nichijou total BD sales increased by 37%.

Ice cold. Antarctic burn.

Sword Art Online 5-7

Asuna's comeback wasn't exactly the best, but it got better as the episodes went on. So far Asuna is firmly planted as the perfect waifu: she can even cook!
Episode 7 though put Liz as the perfect mistress. She'd just need some courage.

Liz is such a sweetheart. Love her.

So, uh, I'm morbidly curious about School Days. Somebody please describe the experience of watching this show for me.

The feeling is like having your brain smashed out with a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

OH MY HNNNNNNNGOD

Fool! Yuri is yuri! Whether it's legit or misinterpreted, whether its from a show that's excellent or terrible!

Unless its Yami, Best Student Council, or Kannazuki no Miko. Those shows can burn.

Yami gets a 10. The others can settle for a 7.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can confirm that K-On director Naoko Yamada not only dresses kind of like Yui, she also spells in English like her too :)
Lucky!

---

Smile Precure Robo
guxEFl.jpg

I'll just say that it's funny that the two sporty characters find otaku shit to be boring as fuck. lol
Yayoi was in extra derp mode this week too. :p

I will say though, madpierrot, is the preview for the next episode a total bait and switch?!

Jarmel

Banned
Magi 2-

Yep even I can tell this is fucking chopped to pieces. Also how the fuck is that slave guy still standing after like half a dozen stabs through the chest?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Magi 2-

Yep even I can tell this is fucking chopped to pieces. Also how the fuck is that slave guy still standing after like half a dozen stabs through the chest?
Shounen haato.

:cosmic power.

Take your pick.

Never, ever change. You hear that? Never.

P.S. we're all still waiting with bated breath for your official list of AnimeGAF ships.

I literally have not taken a breath since I read that post by DTL.
Now since I learned some shounen (most from just reading DTLs posts ) I can hold my breath for a couple of hours but if this list is not online when I return from my oxygenless slumber I might just die.

Maedhros

Jojo 02

Jojoooooo. God, everything about this is so fucking awesome. The style they uses makes this so fucking cool, it's hard to hate the problems it has. Also, the BD's will not have censor, I think, because the guro scenes were a bit too dark.

WAAAAAAAAAT!? What is this transition to the ending?? So fucking awesome. Damn, that's it, show of the season.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Fool! Yuri is yuri! Whether it's legit or misinterpreted, whether its from a show that's excellent or terrible!

Unless its Yami, Best Student Council, or Kannazuki no Miko. Those shows can burn.

Does... Does this mean you've finally accepted Strawberry Panic as your lord and savior? Hallelujah!

Jarmel

Banned
This analysis of the similarities between Psycho-Pass and Equilibrium was written with much more effort than I have exerted when I have talked about the show.

http://keikakudoori.wordpress.com/2...psycho-pass-is-a-prequel-to-jouka-no-monshou/

I also just read Jouka no Monshou today and there is one sharp difference between it and Equilibrium mainly that it feels very much like Urobuchi. Like holy shit. It's the exact opposite takeaway that I think the movie expects people to get. I wonder if he killed puppies or something when he was a kid. So if Psycho-Pass is going where I think it's going, then PP should be an interesting ride to say the least.

cajunator

Banned
Teekyu 2

This is seriously like one of those "_____ In a Nutshell" flash videos back in the late 90s/early 2000s. The fast talking, the "plot" moving at a ridiculous pace, the randomness. I love it. You don't even have time to react to how ridiculous this is.

Those character designs are HORRIBLE.

If I actually enjoy idolm@ster, I... I...

I just don't know anymore.

You very well might. there's much to enjoy about it. I know, we were all surprised too.

Been paying nanaca crash again lately and thought I would share. Get nostalgic, AniGaf.

I still play this on my phone. Such a great waste of time.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure Robo

http://i.imgur.com/guxEFl.jpg

I'll just say that it's funny that the two sporty characters find otaku shit to be boring as fuck. lol
Yayoi was in extra derp mode this week too. :p

I will say though, madpierrot, is the preview for the next episode a total bait and switch?!

Akane and Nao are valuable in these sort of episodes because they keep the little kids grounded with the message that otakuism is not something to be accepted and rewarded, lol. Remember their total apathy in the episode with the dance choreography? Zero tolerance for eccentricity.

Like 7Th said, the preview is probably an accurate depiction of the next episode's content but it's kind of a foregone conclusion what's going to happen!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Does... Does this mean you've finally accepted Strawberry Panic as your lord and savior? Hallelujah!

I-It's not like I'm saying it's good or anything! Hmph!

Is Strawberry Panic truly worth watching? I am currently reading the 3-in-1 novel, but I am not too sure I could make it through 26 episodes of yuri.

I would say no. But that's just because I'm still bitter about some things.

If anything, yuri is the reason why you should watch it.

Ixion Saga DT - 02
xyljal.jpg

Best reason to get revenge confirmed

This second episode is alright with some stuff predictable and some gags i wasn't expecting like the
loss of balance
mini joke.

it's not a great anime but i still have a pleasant time with it and for now that's what matters.i'm pretty sure they have a plot running in the background but everything either is cliché or totally the opposite that it's kinda hard to see what they really want to do with this anime...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
SSY 3:
This Shun guy is a natural born pimp. Who wouldn't fall for him?

Instro

Smile Precure 35

Dat mecha action man, shit. Fucking next week though!
Pandering to the american audience! lol

Ok so I guess he is British. Whatever!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I cannot say I don't dislike yuri, but 26 episodes is a bit much. If I enjoy the light novel omnibus tremendously maybe I will look into watching some of the anime.

Hmmm, I saw the omnibus at my local bookstore, I should get it
and send it to SDBurton for christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom