• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandoric

Banned
Anime needs more college years unless college is shit times in Japan.

Weird cuz I found high school years to be awful compare to college.

Cultural differences I guess.

I like the high school setting when you get out of it then characters seem to just have more problems, lose a bit of appeal, or often I guess their real world issues on their plates just get to be too much for them and lots of times they are depressed (work pressures, money pressures, marriage pressures, etc)

It just seems like most school settings just exist cuz someone wanted to draw cute school uniforms with tiny skirts.

Most of the anime audience, especially for middle-of-the-road T&A shows, is high schoolers. A HS show can be wish fulfillment for them and nostalgia for the older crowd, but a college show goes right over their heads.

cajunator

Banned
My Little Monster 03

This is one of the most adorable shoujos I have seen in a long time.
All the little character nuances and the blushing and awkwardness. Its all so perfect.
Shizuku is incredible.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Chuunibyo 03

HOLY.
FUCKING.
SHIT.
THiS.
SHOW.
IS.
ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's SO adorable! :3

Chuunibuyo - 03

5CYz8.gif

Spinning Heart FAIL!

Surprisingly damn near every character that has their moment to shine is awesome in their own way, lol at the teacher talking to Catherine.

That gif is amazing! Perfect transition!

only 2 hours until Hidamari!

a5fvju7cqaa903u.jpglanhril.jpg

from the Hidamari twitter

---

I thought I could watch 5 or 6 shows this season but being working class is suffering, so I dropped pretty much everything and only Hidamari gives me the energy to stay alive.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 080
I was surprised that Reinhard didn't punish Bittenfeld after how he fucked everything up through his impatience. I was also going to make some remarks about how Reinhard seems to not be as good a tactician as most seem to regard him: he just seems to have a bunch of loyal subordinates who come up with the plans for him and then he chooses the one that seems to best fit the situation at hand, but then he accurately predicted the point from which the rebel forces where gonna ambush him so... yeah.

I think the problem with Reinhard is that he delegates far too much responsibility in the battlefield. Understandable somewhat in how he is the Kaiser and we don't want our leader to be killed, but no matter how smart Yang is, there's simply far too many casualties in the Imperial side due to the sheer incompetence of some of the admirals (Bittenfeld, again). Reinhard seemed to due much better against Yang when he was a simple Admiral. Dude is kicking his butt again and again since he moved up the ranks.

Steinmetz' death shocked me after how Fahrenheit's demise was presented. No glory in his last moments, just the bitter solitude of war with none of his loved ones around. Poignant. Awful.

Defuser

One thing struck me interesting about the Chunnibyou ep 3 is the book written by obviously who you know. The book talks about dark flame masters and wicked eyes which makes it interesting because all this while I thought Chunnibyou is something people made up original characters with their own delusions but apparently the book shows there are predetermine characters you can suffer from.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Maria Holic 1

Already like Kanako as the lead. Her emotions throughout the episode was great and especially like the frequent visits to her inner thoughts. The moment that stood out to me is "call me a yuri, it's more dignified" moment with Mariya. Mariya's blackmail will be fun to watch.

I have a feeling that Ishima will end up being the best character in the show.

Also not a fan of cat ear dorm supervisor. Her cat ears are too realistic looking and it's weird to look at.

Kanako knows what's up. She's on a mission!

Ishima is indeed awesome.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 080

I think the problem with Reinhard is that he delegates far too much responsibility in the battlefield. Understandable somewhat in how he is the Kaiser and we don't want our leader to be killed, but no matter how smart Yang is, there's simply far too many casualties in the Imperial side due to the sheer incompetence of some of the admirals (Bittenfeld, again). Reinhard seemed to due much better against Yang when he was a simple Admiral. Dude is kicking his butt again and again since he moved up the ranks.

The Imperial force that Reinhard commands is simply too large for him to do everything himself. Delegation of responsibilities is unavoidable. The goal in this situation is to make sure that your subordinates are as dependable and skillful as possible, but it is inevitable that the more people you have working under you the greater the chance of mistakes will be.

One thing struck me interesting about the Chunnibyou ep 3 is the book written by obviously who you know. The book talks about dark flame masters and wicked eyes which makes it interesting because all this while I thought Chunnibyou is something people made up original characters with their own delusions but apparently the book shows there are predetermine characters you can suffer from.

Kids aren't known for being terribly original.

Steroyd

Tonari - 03

MY1Nd.gif

So far so good, the interactions between the characters are ace and I wonder how this new guy fits into the equation.

BluWacky

Bring on the weekend! Again!

Must remember to pick up my tickets when I get there on Saturday... see you there no doubt!

I'm planning on watching Ryosuke Nakamura's Aoi Bungaku episodes either tomorrow or on the flight on Saturday to prepare for NeraGaku. Hype most definitely get! I am assuming that NeraGaku is the film that the Lovesanimation Twitter feed mentions was only actually finished on Monday...

DiGiKerot

Must remember to pick up my tickets when I get there on Saturday... see you there no doubt!

I'm planning on watching Ryosuke Nakamura's Aoi Bungaku episodes either tomorrow or on the flight on Saturday to prepare for NeraGaku. Hype most definitely get! I am assuming that NeraGaku is the film that the Lovesanimation Twitter feed mentions was only actually finished on Monday...

Probably. They keep mentioning on various podcasts that they're only getting the physical tapes the movie is being delivered on three days before the screening ^^;

Emitan

Weird that pretty much everyone here seems to be praising it, but it takes duckroll recommendation for ya to watch it :X

From the screenshots people were posting it already looked visually interesting and I was considering researching it. Was bored and couldn't sleep so I gave it a try.

/XX/

Keep at it, GAiNAX! Maybe they will let you make more:

最強學生會長 異常 ED @ 隨意窩 Xuite 影音
http://vlog.xuite.net/play/N05EU0lYLTU2ODczOTcuZmx2/

So after 35 episodes, is there a pattern? lol
Yeah, it shows a battle that transcends space and time.

_____

Also, is that I see a faux-leather box finish? Trying to bring the classy look, for sure:

Amazon.co.jp: COWBOY BEBOP Blu-ray BOX (初回限定版): 渡辺信一郎, 山寺宏一, 石塚運昇, 林原めぐみ: DVD
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B008RFNCIM/

Jubern

Psycho-Pass 2

I didn't like Akane that much already, I guess that settles it. She is SO out of place with the whole setting she lives and works in. First world problem incarnate, I can't blame Kagari for hating on her considering how the system fucked him up when he was just a kid.

Robotics Notes 2

Not much happening yet, but I like the mood of the show and the characters. It's really charming in some way and isn't that heavy on fanservice or anything.

Is the PS3 game any good? What genre is it exactly, and is it the same story?

DiGiKerot

Robotics Notes 2

Not much happening yet, but I like the mood of the show and the characters. It's really charming in some way and isn't that heavy on fanservice or anything.

Is the PS3 game any good? What genre is it exactly, and is it the same story?

Visual Novel, and I'd have to assume so, though I'd imagine there'll be some alternate paths to what the anime will be following after a certain point.

Jackpot

Banned
Chuu 2 ep3

Can someone make a gif of the bit where the new girl wraps herself up in her own hair and have "THREAD BACKFIRE" appear when she starts wriggling on the floor?

Jarmel

Banned
HOLY SHIT at the Psycho-Pass OP. Now that's how you do style. Dat storyboarding.

Oh and they were full of shit when they said no moe.

This episode pretty much resolved all of my complaints about the first episode.

I'm forgoing some sleep for my animu this morning. I couldn't not watch Chuunibyo and My Little monster. I needed my fix.

Definitely worth it for those shows :).

Been a lousy couple of days...hoping my Hidarami Sketch DVDs show up today. I guess I could always give Anime Network my money since I'm already paying for Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll and Funimation Elite (or whatever it's called).

jbug617

Banned
Maria Holic 2

I like that Kanako is surrounded by beautiful women throughout her classroom. Her imagination gets the best of her and now that that Mariya appears in it to bad mouth her it make that part of the show more enjoyable.

I feel bad for Ishima, I can't wait to see her fan club because I expect them to be crazy.

I hope the rivalry of Mariya and the Student Body President escalates. If they were friends from when they are younger, Mariya should be exposed right now.

Thoraxes

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! - 02 - 03

I'm so glad Kyoani is back doing fun shows. This show is hilarious, and I can't help but laugh at every episode. Jun Fukuyama is really selling his role in an awesome way too, and is just great in this show. Not to mention the cast is super-likable.

Also the tomato explanation at the start of episode 3 is exactly how I feel about tomatoes. They are the seeds of horror and destruction.

Ultimadrago

Aikatsu! 2

First day at idol school...dammit.

It's amusing how the title students strive for is simply, "Top Idol". It sounds like that position someone is embarrassed to place on a resume, but feel compelled due the mere time they allocated into it.

Johnny-Bepp, the instructor...dammit.
I actually audibly laughed with this entrance.
At least he showed off some 2D dancing, as only the Lord knows how many minutes of it will be present during the entire run!

On the bright side, we also got .2 seconds of 2D dancing for a practice class.

Also Aoi's parents just let her go off to become an idol? That's no fun! It almost has me missing Mr. "Take down that poster BEFORE DINNER" from AKB. Of course, there's also the whole rivalry aspect that will "test the bonds of friendship". Not to say I'm completely mocking it, the show definitely knows what and to whom it wants to deliver.

The last stretch is well...a computer-generated version of the Presidential debates, but with dancing and "charming" clumsiness. They even have models for "Anon"!

anon2fsp2.png

Save me from myself.

Final Note: The sound effects are killing me slowly from the inside.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm debating whether or not to pick up My Little Monster. I haven't seen a shoujo yet, and I'm seeing good reactions all around.

My first reaction to it was "so good I forget it's actually shoujo". Granted, I didn't dislike the genre to begin with and I think this season is turning me into a shoujo fan between Kaibutsu-kun and Sukitte ii ya no, but no prior experience with the genre is required to enjoy the show.

Aikatsu! 2

The last stretch is well...a computer-generated version of the Presidential debates, but with dancing and "charming" clumsiness.

Where do you think that Aoi keeps her binder full of idols?

Gintama 255

You would think when people saw that, they would realize the dude is a machine. Must be some strong brainwashing.

Something tells me that after next week, they'll take a break to air reruns like they said they would. They'll probably do something like a month long break, then come back to complete another arc, then another month long break and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom