• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was probably me not explaining myself well, but I was referring more to this episode. Like I said in an earlier write-up, I appreciated that they addressed the issue, and it here, it suddenly felt as though she was (initially) being allowed to slip back into tendencies unchecked. Having watched it all, it's now clearer that it was all to act as the catalyst, and I presume to kick her the last big-push she needs. Her introverted is usually shown through her fears and anxieties (which are somewhat irrational, but most people have those ), but her extreme reaction to the play itself just struck me as raising a huge disparity to what would be acceptable in a normal context. However, this wasn't left unattended, so I feel safe in retracting the previous comment.

After all, we are shown the emotional toll it also takes on Ritsu, someone who is the opposite to Mio, and usually acts as a pillar of confidence (at least outwardly). I think the Mio that we saw at the beginning of Yui's induction to the Light-music club (in season 1) would never have pushed herself in the same way that her current-self would. I think her refusal to quit (when given a shining chance by Nodoka), certainly exemplified this.

I guess you can say old habits die hard. Now you know why I have the RoMio and JuRitsu figures, as this and the next episode are my favorites.

From the New World 2-3

Love it. Shun is such a boss. I like that he doesn't take Satoru's crap.
jbaqFVdTkbY6h9.jpg

I couldn't help giggling at how stupid he looked here, though. The clothing designs are generally pretty good, but those hats are awful.
I must say, the
Monster rat kids
were quite moe. Seems kind of weird that they'd just be dicking around there unaccompanied.

That rather ominous retrospective narration in episode 2 is making this ticket for the Maria Train a bit worrisome.

Question time:
-What was the deal with Saki's thousand-mile-stare when they were observing the Demon's Hand plant?
-Why did Satoru throw up, and why did no one particularly care?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm waiting for Episode 11.5
omo7r.gif

Or people to watch it with, which ever comes first.
Certainly didn't expect to see this gif again.

K-ON!! Episode 17
Mio also tries to remain relevant, with the expected outcome.
So both a reference to Pandas and Rin Rin. Polar Bear Cafe mentions before it was even on the box. K-On was ahead of its time.

Chuu2Koi 03

Secret sixth ranger!
The Green Gachi Ranger?

Now I'm hungry. Guess what's for lunch!
£3 Meal Deal at the local supermarket?

Emitan

My Little Monster 2

Making this brief because I should be sleeping but "real me on the internet" girl is totally me. Well, a lot better looking and dumber but basically me. <3

Show continues to be hilarious and it seems Haru is finally learning to show affection without being totally weird about it. The weirdness is great but you need a bit of normal, you know?

fertygo

Code:Breaker 1
So I'm checking because its suddenly became hot properties in here.
Its nothing special really, mediocre production value, derp face here and there.. the blue flame part in the end was really cool though. And..
When Sakura asked to speak with Ogami alone and the absurdly melodramatic music kicked in along with the shocked reaction of her classmates, I burst out laughing uncontrollably. Such delicious cheese.

My stomach hurt because this lol. At least this very hilarious and not make my head hurt unlike Zetsuen.

===========
Code:Breaker 2
Welp, thing downhill so fast.. what a boring episode. Nothing worth to mention, the stupid thing isn't even funny. Guess I'll check one more episode to see the fight.

About to dig into some more The Idolm@ster. What have I become?

In the mean time, took some random snaps of weird/charming shit at school today.

IMG_1200.jpg

Cute little chibi dudes drawn for the school festival coming up.
IMG_1199.jpg

You can tell some students put more effort into this than others. >.>
IMG_1198.jpg

Terrifyingly awesome.

mAcOdIn

Even mAc turned on S2!
I'm not sure I like the implications of "'even' mAc," lol. It's not like I'm one of the resident Yuri fans or anything, I wasn't supposed to like any of it.

But, well, Kobayashi.
Maria Holic 1
I have a feeling that Ishima will end up being the best character in the show.
Totally, 100% agreed, Ishima's the best.

Anyways, as was stated earlier, season one is OK, season two sucks.
Yay! Another fan! It's a really fun show with interesting characters and good comedy, I'm glad you liked it! :D
Hey now, it's the only show I like this season so far, count me too!

Kazzy

Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! - Episode 3

I think
Shinka
has something to do with book, right?
That she joined after seeing that meeting, as well as the fact that the name the club name was later amended (to summer, in reference to the book), seemed to indicate as much. But maybe it's all a big red herring, or that's just me reading too much into it.

I liked this episode mainly for the way in which it showed Rikka's world in microcosm, and then juxtaposed that with her interactions in the real world. Once her façade is broken, she crumbles alarmingly quick. I think the most telling thing was how she looked to Yuuta in the face of such confrontation, and how the other clubs reacted to her general aloofness. I was starting to think that everyone she encountered was going to play along, so I was surprised that
the teacher was simply placating her, rather than outright indulging her behaviour.

Rikka is already dropping her guard, and it's pretty clear in those dejected looks she keeps giving Yuuta, that she she wants him to accept her.
I liked the gradual reveal of real-world information she is giving to Yuuta also, like with her sister being a cook, and its clear that he is beginning to get through to her.
I love how quickly he can decipher her bullshit too, and pretty much translates what she is saying (albeit, in her roundabout way).

Sanae may be crazier than Rikka, if that's possible. And I just know people are going to be begging KyoAni to move away not slice-of-life after this (if they aren't already), what, with how good those fantasy sequences look.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Chuu 2 Lite 04:

Rikka and youngest Imouto go shopping for cooking ingredients. Cuteness and amusing ensues. :D

DiGiKerot

About to dig into some more The Idolm@ster. What have I become?

*Shrug* Personal iM@S fandom aside(*), it's a fun and extremely well made show(**) produced by a staff cursed with an over-abundance of give-a-damn. Regardless of what the show actually is, the fun the staff were clearly have making it is incredibly infectious.

(*) Speaking of iM@S fandom, kind of - I got the first of the Sentai Filmworks release of Xenoglossia a couple of days ago, and finished-up rewatching the first thirteen episodes this morning. I still like that show a great deal. It's genuinely a pretty good show. The kind of surprising thing is that two of my favourite episodes of the early batch -
the one where Chihaya tries to kill Haruka for painting her robot Pink
and
the kind-of subversive "Makoto gets trolled" episode
were written by Hiroyuki Yoshino as opposed to the generally far more accomplished Jukki Hanada... at least according to the credits on the DVD. ANN has Hanada writing the second of those two. Nice to see the omake translated finally too (also, an actual, competent translation for the actual show, minor niggle of them not leaving the goofy "Act On, Standby" alone aside).

(**) Except for the Hibiki episode, though they did at least fix the animation a great deal for the BD version. Doesn't make it any better, though.

Maedhros

Didn't all of their Munto iterations bomb?

Don't they have other writers?

God, even a mahou shoujo with some action would be welcomed. Something different... I feel they don't have any variation these days. Even their character designs feels the same in every show they do nowadays.

Considering they have excelent animators, it's a shame see them doing moeblob after moeblob.

Defuser

Chunnibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! ep 3

- I'm just watching this show now to hear Maaya Uchida making noises

- Dekomori is annoying.

- Am I missing something or Rikka seems to be popular despite her weirdness? The guy always seems to be excited to see Rikka.

- Tsuyuri..why can't you just go home and sleep on your own bed instead of starting a nap club?

- Something always bugs me when I started watching this show but ep 3 answer it. Chunnibyou is too hardcore for the drama club to handle it.

-What is Nibutani's intention of joining the screw up club? For Yuuta? Or does she wants to stand out more?

mAcOdIn

nvm, this can be long.

Whoops, didn't realize you edited it, I'm going there though damnit!

I agree that Kyoani technically blew Gonzo's production values out of the water, I don't think anyone can debate that Kyonai's art didn't look and animate better than Gonzo's.

And sure, I didn't like the arcs that they covered but I wouldn't say it was all serious business or whatnot compared to season one when season one had that Afghanistan arc that was way more serious in tone and execution that anything the Second Raid had to offer. I will admit though that the main reason I hate TSR is because of the story not because of what Kyoani did, Kyoani executed on their end perfectly I just didn't think the Second Raid was any good is all.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Some of their characters looks like they are from K-On.

I haven't watched it yet, I'm still a bit burned on Nichijou, but it's the next show on my list.
It's the best KyoAni show, I hope you like it. Nichijou is pretty lame.

As for K-ON characters, Dark Mugi makes an appearance in EP13:
175199.jpg

Metrotab

Banned
Same. Its what Kyo ani does best!

You have to give credit to a studio that knows where its artistic strengths are, and knows what it wants to do. I think the people at KyoAni genuinely like their niche and are passionate about its execution, and it shows in their works.

Kazzy

I haven't watched it yet, I'm still a bit burned on Nichijou, but it's the next show on my list.

Well, that explains the generalizations.

And why do you persist on watching KyoAni's output, when you so regularly voice your disapproval of it in here?

cajunator

Banned
You have to give credit to a studio that knows where its artistic strengths are, and knows what it wants to do. I think the people at KyoAni genuinely like their niche and are passionate about its execution, and it shows in their works.

I would have to agree. Kyoani knows exactly what its audience is and how to cater to it and they know how to realistically animate characters and make them seem believable.

Maedhros

Well, that explains the generalizations.

And why do you persist on watching KyoAni's output, when you so regularly voice your disapproval of it in here?

To annoy you. Only you. :D

There's no generalizations. The art of the show really looks like K-On, sometimes. I know the show isn't slice-of-life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom