• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I recently saw the new BBC version of Sherlock and when comparing it against Hyouka, I realized I'm really getting sick of the high school setting in anime.
Yep. But then again, I'm just as tired of smart white guys with character ticks solving crimes every week, so what can you do? lol

Keep at it, GAiNAX! Maybe they will let you make more:

最強學生會長 異常 ED @ 隨意窩 Xuite 影音
http://vlog.xuite.net/play/N05EU0lYLTU2ODczOTcuZmx2/

Yeah, it shows a battle that transcends space and time.
Heh, lazy Toei!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Charc/Gifs/Cute/Janken-HNNG.gif

Speaking of which.

Smile Precure - 35

Best precure gets best episode because she's best precure.
I guess Nao and Akane were the stars of that episode! ;)

Gintama 255

Something tells me that after next week, they'll take a break to air reruns like they said they would. They'll probably do something like a month long break, then come back to complete another arc, then another month long break and so on.
Did they do anything special for their last rerun... run? There must be cheap things they could do to make the experience interesting. Whether that means stupid pop-up trivia facts or in character commentaries or whatever.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gintama's balls being taken out/mutilated/transformed is a daily occurrence. No one blinks when it happens so no would be surprised when they see Kintama's.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Psycho-Pass 02:

So this episode was Stage 2 of the exposition phase, this time providing glimpses into the artificial, synthesized nature of virtually everything in the society, the intrusive micromanagement of everyone's lives made possible by future technology, and non-law enforcement functions of the Sibyl system. In spite of the fact that most of this is Dystopian Society 101 and that this episode was just as bad about bludgeoning the viewer over the head with infodump disguised as conversation, I'm still very interested in learning more about this world. It's clearly crafted with care even if the exposition isn't as subtle as I'd like.

Akane has faith in the Sibyl system. She took the job as an Inspector not because it was her first occupational choice, but out of a sense of responsibility due to the Sibyl system determining that she was the only person qualified for the role in her graduating class. She just had a bad first day, and got off without reprimand because everyone agreed that her actions were within the bounds of the system.
Thank goodness that's cleared up. Now on with the show.

SAIN SEYA OMEGA 15
IwDJBl.jpg

Well then , you're gonna lose then .... [7min later] ..yep you lost
Not a bad episode after all ...
The "ninja" is back for a few scenes ..i was expecting a fight since it was his element for this episode but LOL NO ..michelango went away saying " i don't care about this guy" like the loser he is ( actually i dislike both characters ).
The plot wasn't bad and i was clearly reminded me of old SAIN SEYA episode

"So what can you do in this state ?"
"BURN !! BURN MY COSMO !!! raaaaaaah"
Same thing here ( really funny that the only one so far that haven't burn his cosmo yet is the ninja dude )

Yes i don't like the ninja dude.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I doubt they would rerun the episodes they just showed. Yeah, American TV does that, but I'm pretty sure they specifically mentioned old episodes.

Actually, I meant they'd reuse the same EDs/OTs.

But it would be fucking hilariously meta if they reran the same episodes but with Gintoki and Kintoki changing places. In fact, I would call that... Oscar worthy. (-IGN.com)

PSYCHO-PASS 02

Why yes, I would like a holographic pink floating jellyfish as my personal maid.

This episode was mostly about world building. Less heavy on talking exposition and instead of doing visual which worked really well. If anything, I just want to see more of the world and all the new fancy tech that everyone has grown accustomed to.

Plot-wise, I'm slightly less annoyed at the main girl. I do rather like the supporting cast as they are showing some character, but I still feel like I don't know where this series will go.

Jarmel

Banned
Psycho-Pass 2

Well this definitely felt like the 2nd part of a 2 part opener. It resolved a lot of the lingering questions regarding Akane in the first episode as well as delving into their mindsets as well, all on top of a big heap in world-building. I think this episode proved that Urobuchi was already aware about some of the issues regarding Akane when he wrote the prior episode as this episode really fleshes her out. She really didn't know much the prior episode and so the exposition dump was necessary for her. Apparently the wording in the previous episode is the problem as 'training school' seemed to imply training for this exact job but instead seems to be more equivalent to college.
Now for the OP sequence. Stylish all the way through. The storyboarding is fantastic and some of the editing such as the title sequence bit is very cool. I like the use of black and white as it gives it a sort of old-school feeling but could also be used thematically to represent the Sibyl system that society lives under. What's interesting is the focus on Shinya and Akane as I expected more :dtl and thus Shougo.
ibjpKAXaEPz0jK.jpg

Fucking liars
Visual-wise, the biggest problem with the show is again the character art. It's not consistent and feels like something that can really go to the shitter in future episodes. That said, the background art really is gorgeous and deserves to be commended. The way they handled the holograms is really fun visually and does raise the question how much these people depend on holograms for mental stability. It's a much gentler system compared to Equilibrium. Also while the CGI in the show is noticeable, it's not that bad and seemingly used for background shots for the time being.
iQdfO3y4sICpa.jpg

The most soulless breakfast possible
One interesting thing to note on the audio scale is around the 7:22 mark where there is this whine which (assuming it's not some sort of broadcast issue) could imply Akane's stress level and when she shakes her head it stops but then picks up again. It's a very subtle way of showing her mindset. I also liked the BGM piece at 10:15 with the use of strings. Hopefully that continues throughout the show.
What I liked the most about this episode was the world-building. The heavy usage on holograms is really interesting as it raises questions about actual nudity levels and do people get cold. It also explained how job selection and schooling to a degree works as well, not to mention the treatment of the Enforcers at the Ministry of Health.
There were some great character moments though for example
the patronizing way Masoka talked to Akane or the anger from Kagari. I also surprisingly enjoyed the discussion with Shinya as it makes him into a rather fascinating character in that he's scared in those situations but also his determination despite his rather cold persona. That shot into his mindset was rather uh interesting. I also liked how they tied the fans from his hospital room into his flashback.

SAIN SEYA OMEGA 16

For this episode , i'm introduced to the "ants" ( awefull design ) but then they're just grunts so it's ok

What could be the plot of this episode i wonder .. oh wait yuna lost her wallet and everyone's money ?
No way ....
orNlbl.jpg

This can't be ....

A part time job episode to get enough money ?
it's the first true "filler" episode ..

Moral of the story bronze knights should NEVER be part -timers !!

Ditto Noted*
jhzZ5l.jpg

Sorry girls the anime said so ..You're better at this job than us

Well so after they got fired of their jobs , they got attacked in the city by the "ants"...
They dispose of them of course and THEN everything is solved ..because everyone believe that was a show !!

Wait seriously who the heck wrote this episode ? FIRE THIS GUY !!!

i mean it ..
The first episode where everything was bad from start to finish.. They even managed to make the ninja dude fight! WTF

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 03
Fun show to watch and all, but I don't know how much of it I can really handle. It's fairly one note in a way that I'm already finding to make things rather predictable, and not all that interesting. I also feel like a number of pieces of the show are designed more around being .gifs ahead of being something that's a good show. It's sort of hard not to feel like this show is just a breather or something for KyoAni after Hyouka.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Ugh so... yeah.

Psycho-Pass 02

A poor and terrible episode to what was a great first episode. What could've been a great follow-up episode leading the plot somewhere is bogged down by explicit explanations of how the world works. The problem isn't really the fact that the episode primarily focuses on trying to build the world but it's redundant. There's hardly anything in this episode that the audience couldn't have gleamed from in the first episode.

For instance, the crime coefficient isn't just high when a person's a threat to society, but when they possess thoughts that will lead to some sort of negative result - whether it be to a large amount of people or one. Another is such as the Enforcers being in actuality not really criminals or such but the fact that they possess a well-rounded mental state where they can understand and even empathize with other latent criminals which leads to their possible high crime coefficients.

However, the most obvious thing that they beat to death throughout the entirety of the episode is Akane's role as a detective. It's quite clear from episode 1 WHAT her role in both the squad - and in the grand scheme of things, the narrative - yet they try to explain in a very drawn episode that she's someone special. Unlike others, she holds compassion and upholds a person's humanity in high regard making her different from the Enforcers and the primary inspectors. In addition, while everyone relies on machines and the Sibyl system to make the calls for everything, Akane questions it to a degree and expresses that through action. Anyone who saw the first episode can infer this yet for some reason they HAD to take another episode to focus on this. It's extremely frustrating and for an anime - that at least I think so - that is trying to be smart, it treats the audience like dumbasses. Annoying to say the least.

If anything, the second episode sets things in motion and gives slight foreshadowing of what's to come and that is in and of itself nice. Other than, a very poorly executed episode.

Jarmel

Banned
However, the most obvious thing that they beat to death throughout the entirety of the episode is Akane's role as a detective. It's quite clear from episode 1 WHAT her role in both the squad - and in the grand scheme of things, the narrative - yet they try to explain in a very drawn episode that she's someone special. Unlike others, she holds compassion and upholds a person's humanity in high regard making her different from the Enforcers and the primary inspectors. In addition, while everyone relies on machines and the Sibyl system to make the calls for everything, Akane questions it to a degree and expresses that through action. Anyone who saw the first episode can infer this yet for some reason they HAD to take another episode to focus on this. It's extremely frustrating and for an anime - that at least I think so - that is trying to be smart, it treats the audience like dumbasses. Annoying to say the least.

If anything, the second episode sets things in motion and gives slight foreshadowing of what's to come and that is in and of itself nice. Other than, a very poorly executed episode.

Yea you missed the point of the episode. The whole episode was about how horrible of a fit she was and since she was such a horrible fit, why did she go down this career path in the first place.

Maedhros

SAIN SEYA OMEGA 16

For this episode , i'm introduced to the "ants" ( awefull design ) but then they're just grunts so it's ok

What could be the plot of this episode i wonder .. oh wait yuna lost her wallet and everyone's money ?
No way ....

A part time job episode to get enough money ?
it's the first true "filler" episode ..

Moral of the story bronze knights should NEVER be part -timers !!

Ditto Noted*

Well so after they got fired of their jobs , they got attacked in the city by the "ants"...
They dispose of them of course and THEN everything is solved ..because everyone believe that was a show !!

Wait seriously who the heck wrote this episode ? FIRE THIS GUY !!!

i mean it ..
The first episode where everything was bad from start to finish.. They even managed to make the ninja dude fight! WTF
Saint Seiya has filler episodes. Seiya plays football (yes, football, go suck a dick soccer) in one of the episodes.

kayos90

Yea you missed the point of the episode. The whole episode was about how horrible of a fit she was and since she was such a horrible fit, why did she go down this career path in the first place.

Except you could gleam that from episode 1. You could tell why she was a horrible fit. You could easily deduce that she's a hesitant and an uncertain character. They didn't need to delegate an entire episode of redundancy to beat it into your head. I think you missed the point of my post.

Jarmel

Banned
Except you could gleam that from episode 1. You could tell why she was a horrible fit. You could easily deduce that she's a hesitant and an uncertain character. They didn't need to delegate an entire episode of redundancy to beat it into your head. I think you missed the point of my post.

Nope. The key part about this episode was why. Why did she choose this career path if she has such issues with it. The conversation with her friends and with Kagari was key, especially Kagari who didn't buy her bullshit excuse.

kayos90

Nope. The key part about this episode was why. Why did she choose this career path if she has such issues with it. The conversation with her friends and with Kagari was key, especially Kagari who didn't buy her bullshit excuse.

It's clear that this conversation is going nowhere and I feel like you're not even reading my posts properly judging by how you're responding. I'll just leave the conversation up for anyone else who wants to join in after watching it.

So I'm sick and bored, I decided to compile a list of all TV anime adaptations of manga (or LNs that I read the manga of) I had already been regularly keeping up with in the last year.

Summer 2011

Dantalian no Shoka

Fall 2011

Mirai Nikki
Hunter x Hunter

Winter 2012

Nothing

Spring 2012

Zetman
Medaka Box
Sankarea
Dusk Maiden
Rock Lee SD

Summer 2012

Binbougami ga

Fall 2012

To Love Ru Darkness
Magi
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Zetsuen no Tempest
Btooom!
Code:Breaker
Litchi de Hikari Club (does this count?)
Hayate no Gotoku
Medaka Box Abnormal

I think it's gotten to the point where every single season from here on out will have something I've read :(

Had this bookmarked for some reason. Anyway that is fortunate for you, or maybe not. I wish the stuff I read would get animated, seems most of the time the series (well ignoring the cancelled manga), just get drama cds...

Geneijin

Must remember to pick up my tickets when I get there on Saturday... see you there no doubt!

I'm planning on watching Ryosuke Nakamura's Aoi Bungaku episodes either tomorrow or on the flight on Saturday to prepare for NeraGaku. Hype most definitely get! I am assuming that NeraGaku is the film that the Lovesanimation Twitter feed mentions was only actually finished on Monday...
Probably. They keep mentioning on various podcasts that they're only getting the physical tapes the movie is being delivered on three days before the screening ^^;
Oh okay, now I'm jealous.

Saint Seiya has filler episodes. Seiya plays football (yes, football, go suck a dick soccer) in one of the episodes.

i'm not against filler episodes ...but everything was bad in that episode ....
----------
SAIN SEYA OMEGA 17

Hum i got an important information at the start of the episode ..
The reason the ninja dude comes and go all the time isn't because

-he is useless
-nobody like him

but because he is a wolf ... and more than that a lone wolf !!

Good to know i guess ??? With all things considered , it doesn't matter to me as long as i don't get a spin off or an entire episode dedicated to his adventures ...

Back to the episode then ..it was well done ( it wasn't a filler ) ...Some Plot elements toward the fact that only one repairer remain and our heroes met his apprentice , raki.
Yep kiki apprentice is raki ... Hey i suggest "deki" for the next genération !!

At least the apprentice-heroes encouter went more smootly than in the original saga.

It was a good episode overall with a crazy vilain for this week.
Yes this is not a mistake it's a cerberus boss vilain .. with more arms and head/bodies hidden ..... i guess there is still someone in that creative team that has still some weed to smoke left ..

NO need to guess the ending ." BURN MORE MY COSMO " is the keyword.

oh and sonia is still busy sitting on her throne ..i guess that with 2 cores destroyed she would take the matter in her own hands but no.....
that's some boss privilèdges she got there ,she probably isn't gonna move by herself untill the party destroy EVERYONE of her servants and is forced to move by herself to get her coffee .

Looks like we'll finally get the rest of the Cross Fight B-Daman series out of Japan.
The Japanese company d-rights confirmed with ANN that the company plans to release the Cross Fight B-Daman television anime worldwide under the name B-Daman CrossFire. d-rights plans to release the series worldwide in fall 2013.

d-rights told ANN that it plans to air the show on television, with home video "and other media" expected after that. d-rights plans to dub the series into English and "other major languages" as well.

The company confirmed with ANN that it plans to also release the Cross Fight B-Daman eS sequel series, with a target date of fall 2014.

It looked compelling.

Yup, I agree. Worst episode of this new series, easily.
Ditto
oh and sonia is still busy sitting on her throne ..i guess that with 2 cores destroyed she would take the matter in her own hands but no.....
that's some boss privilèdges she got there ,she probably isn't gonna move by herself untill the party destroy EVERYONE of her servants and is forced to move by herself to get her coffee .
SAIN SEYA OMEGA 18
And when i think this anime will stay in the cliché and predictable , this happens:

Sonia who i thought would stay in her castle untill the "finale" decided to take the matter is her own hands , you'do the same considering how her servants were beaten ...
This episode was very good , because :
We got some nice characterisation with soma
and then the fight :

Sonia plan was pretty much "ok" ....it wasn't bad but i guess i would have created a situation to separate them properly .. i guess she was overconfident and that was her downfall ..the fight itself i have nothing to say about it because it was well done .. nice esquives , nice attack , nice clashes ..and nice plot elements in the mix and no "burn my cosmo" to see ...

Trully that was a good episode ..for something they hinted so far back , they didn't disapoint ...

AND No mention of the ninja dude .. Really a perfect episode... ( i need more episodes like this )

Zetsuen no Tempest 3

The nonsense is beginning, but the action is getting awesome. Some actual strategy integrated into the fights, and they were some damn good ones if not a tiny bit contrived.

I wonder if Mahiro still thinks only 10 or 20 people are infected with metal rape.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite 4

It had the potential to be decent, especially since Imouto is always believing in the cool stuff, but the episode just never delivered.
She could have at least done the meat stew

DiGiKerot

That Blasty Tempest 3 - there were certainly a lot of things getting blasted this week. Show lived up to at least part of it's title. Excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom