• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

School Days 6

Fuck everybody in this show.

"I still love you Makoto! Even if you are dating someone else!" UGGHH. Goddammit, Kotonoha, he's cheating on your ass with your friend. The friend who set you up. HE'S BANGING HER NOW! AND YOU STILL LOVE HIM! WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Sekai: You're fucking your friend's boyfriend. That's FUCKED UP. You know it's wrong. You're miserable over it. You even wanted to tell her about it. But you're too damn weak to do anything about it. You continue this shit even behind your friend's back because you're too weak to draw the line and either end this shit or make Makoto end it with Kotonoha first. Fuck you.

Makoto: I've spoken about just how much Makoto sucks before. But HOLY SHIT. He has now moved wayyy past the threshold of being a horny idiot, and has gone on full scumbag. He cheats on his girlfriend and doesn't feel the least bit bad about it. And yet he won't tell her about he and Sekai because "She'll be mad." "It wasn't a good time." FUCK YOU! IT'S NEVER A GOOD TIME TO TELL A GIRL THAT YOUR BANGING HER FRIEND AND YOU LIKE HER NOW! THIS IS THE SHIT YOU GET INTO WHEN YOU DO THIS SHIT YOU STUPID, COWARDLY FUCK!

(deep breath)

Okay, I think I should go relax now. All I'll say is that if this insane ending everybody is talking about involves horrible, horrible things happening to Makoto, I think I'll enjoy it.

Pooya

Psycho Pass - 2

This episode answered most of my problems from last week, actually I think I understand the characters behavior in the first episode quite a bit better now. I like world building so this episode was to my liking. We got to see more about how the society is and see how the CID operates while not on a mission in their office and how enforcers are treated. It was good to see another example of how CID operates in a pre-crime situation.

I still don't like Akane's character, she's very out of place and from what one other character said, I again hope this doesn't turn into Akane changing how everything works at CID and everyone suddenly becomes lively and very friendly to each other or something like that. Speaking of that, looks like two of the characters are already
very friendly or maybe that wasn't what I think it was happening, lol

Introduction seems to be over now, I guess next week we will get to see a hint of what the overall plot is going to be about with Kogami.

Zetsuen no Tempest - 3

holy shit, this was the bestest. I really like this show so far, I don't care if story is going to turn terrible anymore, it's going to be an awesome ride I think. will watch to the end. Everything clicks with me. sogood.

Crazy Girl - 3

ok. this episode had a few good laughs at last. Characters can be really cute and adorable sometimes in a good way, I don't enjoy moemoe mostly but I actually enjoy watching this for some reason, seems to be getting more interesting with this weird club going now. probably will watch to the end.

Maedhros

I can relate to the chuunibyo characters.
Nothing wrong with their behavior IMO.
They are still young and not necessarily at the point where they would have to stop being silly. People like that will eventually grow out of it anyway.
But the world needs people who are a bit eccentric to give it some flavor.

"You can relate to everything with big eyes"

Someone's else quote.

duckroll

Zetsuen no Tempest - 3

holy shit, this was the bestest. I really like this show so far, I don't care if story is going to turn terrible anymore, it's going to be an awesome ride I think. will watch to the end. Everything clicks with me. sogood.

The power of Ando when reunited with the talent at BONES. Sogood!

School Days 6

"I still love you Makoto! Even if you are dating someone else!" UGGHH. Goddammit, Kotonoha, he's cheating on your ass with your friend. The friend who set you up. HE'S BANGING HER NOW! AND YOU STILL LOVE HIM! WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Sekai: You're fucking your friend's boyfriend. That's FUCKED UP. You know it's wrong. You're miserable over it. You even wanted to tell her about it. But you're too damn weak to do anything about it. You continue this shit even behind your friend's back because you're too weak to draw the line and either end this shit or make Makoto end it with Kotonoha first. Fuck you.

Makoto: I've spoken about just how much Makoto sucks before. But HOLY SHIT. He has now moved wayyy past the threshold of being a horny idiot, and has gone on full scumbag. He cheats on his girlfriend and doesn't feel the least bit bad about it. And yet he won't tell her about he and Sekai because "She'll be mad." "It wasn't a good time." FUCK YOU! IT'S NEVER A GOOD TIME TO TELL A GIRL THAT YOUR BANGING HER FRIEND AND YOU LIKE HER NOW! THIS IS THE SHIT YOU GET INTO WHEN YOU DO THIS SHIT YOU STUPID, COWARDLY FUCK!

(deep breath)

Okay, I think I should go relax now. All I'll say is that if this insane ending everybody is talking about involves horrible, horrible things happening to Makoto, I think I'll enjoy it.

Rofl those school days impressions make me smile EVERY TIME

EVERY TIME
( waiting for next episode impressions )

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And another 52 to get to the end!
And then it'd have to be BONES'd because the manga probably still wouldn't be finished. :p

Although back in the day, before she fell into writing manga about adolescent sexual confusion with the pacing of a tortoise crawling uphill through molasses, I remember reading a collection of classy smut comics (of both homo and hetero variety) Shimura wrote for Manga Erotics F that totally "went there" within the span of each single issue. So I know she has it in her to...go to there.

Remember when Wandering Son was about gender dysphoria? I sure don't!

I suppose it's not fair to say that the "lesbian book" has to be about lesbians all the time. Sure you start off with a semi-closeted girl being fucked around with by an older girl before somewhat confessing her feelings to her best friend, but that doesn't mean that all those side characters don't deserve equal time! Right?! (lol)

The interesting thing is that one of the Manga Erotics F chapters featured Yuki before her appearance as the older trans mentor in Wandering Son. I remember she picked up some guy who recognized her in that one, but I might be mis-remembering that.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Crap of Tempest 02
Oal7yl.jpg
nNtzY.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
School Days 6

Yeah, that's how most people in that situation react.

School Days 6

(deep breath)

Please proceede, Syrinx.

Articalys

So with the Madoka Magica US movie screenings just two days away (and L.A. starting tomorrow night), I figured it couldn't hurt to see who from AnimeGAF is going to them and maybe try to facilitate any kind of meetup at any of the five locations. I'll be at the Saturday night San Francisco screening if there's anyone in the Bay Area going to that as well.

cajunator

Banned
I think that was the point of the quote... you seem to like everything.

I took it to mean that I like everything just because its cute, which isnt entirely the truth.
However if it means that I like most anime (which happens to have majority big eyed characters) then I guess its correct.

Oh man, I completely forgot about Psycho-Pass. I have to start watching this. Seeing as the first Ep is already out. Is it any good?

And yes, I'm still here....and in one piece too :)

Jarmel

Banned
So with the Madoka Magica US movie screenings just two days away (and L.A. starting tomorrow night), I figured it couldn't hurt to see who from AnimeGAF is going to them and maybe try to facilitate any kind of meetup at any of the five locations. I'll be at the Saturday night San Francisco screening if there's anyone in the Bay Area going to that as well.

NY showing on Sunday

Syrinx

Yeah, that's how most people in that situation react.

Do you mean that most people watching School Days react like I did? Then most people are right.

Or do you mean most people in Makoto's position act as he does? In that case, most people suck more ass than the back two-thirds of the human centipede.

Edit: most people being most people in that situation.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
School Days 6

(deep breath)

Congratulations on reaching the halfway point. Keep going!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Do you mean that most people watching School Days react like I did? Then most people are right.

Or do you mean most people in Makoto's position act as he does? In that case, most people suck more ass than the back two-thirds of the human centipede.
Both.

Articalys

I see Toradora is a new catalog title on CR. Now I have no excuse.
Looks like they added five new titles this week to the back catalog: Hell Girl Season 3, Pandora Hearts, Kobato, Toradora, and Kimi ni Todoke S1. And they've got one more thing for Saturday.

Too bad they're all for US/Canada only.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Psycho Pass 02
Really digging in on this, and it caters to me extremely well with the intense focus on world development in a foreign environment. One of the issues I have with a lot of futuristic fiction is that certain things just aren't as advanced as they should be when it comes to making the world more convenient for the end user. It was cool to see a lot of that stuff dealt with appropriately in this show.

Even while introducing a bunch of stuff about the world I felt like I picked up a lot more on the characters in this episode too, and their relationships are established here really well. While the first episode was a good presentation of the premise, it didn't necessarily feel like it went much beyond that. This episode moved fast to fill in the gaps on characters while continuing to set up that world, which is a pretty impressive feat.

Oh, and OP fits real well too. Love the song.

What's Pandora Hearts about anyhow?

Isnt that like Kayos's most favorite story ever? Im still reading through it but the anime adaptation covered so little of the series that it may not even be worthwhile to check out. Though I do aim to watch to see how Gil/Oz was handled.

Some action though alot of mystery and uncovering the secrets of the abyss.

Narag

Isnt that like Kayos's most favorite story ever? Im still reading through it but the anime adaptation covered so little of the series that it may not even be worthwhile to check out. Though I do aim to watch to see how Gil/Oz was handled.

Some action though alot of mystery and uncovering the secrets of the abyss.

He may have referred to it as "The Greatest Story Ever Told" and that might be why it caught my eye. Maybe.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 081
Okay, that's tremendously silly.

All the fake deaths (Mittermeyer) and off-screen deaths (Fischer) make it reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally obvious someone is gonna bite the bullet very soon. Not like Narrator-kun has been conspicuous about this matter ("and that was the last time Yang and Julian bro'd out together").
The Imperial force that Reinhard commands is simply too large for him to do everything himself. Delegation of responsibilities is unavoidable. The goal in this situation is to make sure that your subordinates are as dependable and skillful as possible, but it is inevitable that the more people you have working under you the greater the chance of mistakes will be.
That makes sense, yeah.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I don't think there's anything I can say in response to that. That was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom