• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Sengoku Collection 26 [END]

sengokucollection263zda5.png

This episode was Nobunaga interacting with some girls shown prior near a bridge and then a musical montage of every main subject from previous episodes. It was alright, anything to finish it off.

When I first started this series, I thought I would be watching something unspeakably terrible. To my chagrin, it only ended up mediocre (not unlike AKB0048, but at least that came with some momentum).

There were some strong episodes with plenty of weak episodes and dull moments within the span of 26 episodes. 26. I can't believe I watched all of that. To be fair to myself, I don't believe it was the absolute worst series I could've set myself to watch in Spring or Summer 2012.

Before my final words on this pile, I'd like to thank Studio Pablo for their neat, and at times great, backgrounds. I hope they work on much better shows in the future.

To the rest, good riddance.

Well, at least it's all over now. *knocks on wood*

madp

The Light of El Cantare
30 seconds into Sword Art Online 05:

is Kirito seriously
arguing for the sanctity of NPC life
?

Especially when
NPCs respawn
? AAAAAAAASJGKHDDJGHDJGHGFFFFFFFF

Sengoku Collection 26 [END]

Well, at least it's all over now. *knocks on wood*

Great, now your schedule's free for the Aikatsu! challenge.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I should probably clarify (although this is obvious if anyone bothered to read the blurb in the OP!) that Psycho-Pass is not about a "pre-crime" unit like in Minority Report. They are not out to catch people before they commit crimes. That's not what the show is about.

The -system- exists to identify potential offenders, and this system is in place throughout all of society. There are scanners at street corners, patrol robots scanning people in the streets, etc. Potential offenders are indeed "removed from society", but that is not the job of the criminal investigation unit.

The detectives in Psycho-Pass are actual detectives. They investigate actual crime which has been committed, and they go after actual criminals and take them down. Simply having a system that identifies potential criminals does not actually stop crime. Because crime still occurs, obviously the system is imperfect. But it still needs to be dealt with.

What the system then does is that it suggests that the best people in a position to catch criminals would be those who can understand the criminal mind. This would mean people who have not committed any crimes, but have been identified as potential criminals by the system. Some are offered a deal to become detectives in the criminal investigation department, in exchange for their freedom. They are the enforcers. The "hounds" which do the dirty work.

To ensure that these "dangerous" collaborators are kept in check, the system also selects and assigns those found to have the most elite potentials in society to take a career path as intendants in the same department. Their job is the lead and manage the enforcers, and making sure that if they ever go out of line they are taken down. They hold the leash on the hounds.

Goddamit, ducky. Why do I always fall for your hype. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
30 seconds into Sword Art Online 05:

is Kirito seriously
arguing for the sanctity of NPC life
?

Especially when
NPCs respawn
? AAAAAAAASJGKHDDJGHDJGHGFFFFFFFF

Unlike players who turn into fairy dust upon their death, NPCs have proper death animations. So if they are impaled you will see the blood oozing from their chest, you will see their eyes popping open in horror and you will hear their blood curdling screams.

Kirito just doesn't want to have any nightmares.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
When's the last time AnimeGAF agreed on liking a J.C. Staff show anyway?

Probably Milky Holmes, if more than two or three people had watched it.

Unlike players who turn into fairy dust upon their death, NPCs have proper death animations. So if they are impaled you will see the blood oozing from their chest, you will see their eyes popping open in horror and you will hear their blood curdling screams.

Kirito just doesn't want to have any nightmares.

Poor delicate thing.

Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou 13 (end)

The episode was actually pretty good considering how well Kusanagi Godou is and how, in comparison to the other girls, Athena blows them away. Athena > Erica Blandellie and the rest. So many swords, swords, and even more swords, so I liked it.

7 / 10 I guess. Id probably buy it from Sentai. Only flaw is I wish Salvatore was in on more action, and just that we got to see more Gods. The whole mythology aspect was well done as well as how it can strip away the Gods power and the sword realm place always looked so cool. Too much kissing with characters I didnt care about, but I guess that is the concept.

Is there any more source material for more seasons?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Probably Milky Holmes, if more than two or three people had watched it.
The loli detective show? We would have hated it because of the lolis anyway.
Probably Utena. Lol.
Too much reused animation, pretentious self-indulging symbolism, and if I wanted to watch Stair Climbing: The Anime I have manlier alternatives in Saint Seiya.
Well I'm not seeing much hate against Joshiraku.
I think most people are indifferent towards Joshiraku.

Maedhros

Jojo - Phantom Blood - introduces some important characters. It can be slow, but it's important if their plan is to animate everything as they go.

Steroyd

I think most people are indifferent towards Joshiraku.

It's still a step up from hating on what JC Staff normally churn out.

Although maybe it's down to it being really hard to fuck up the format, and with this being the same author of Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei.

Ah! I got it, Azumanga Daioh.

Not really. Most people here already hate it before it even airs because its KEY. Bizarro land.

Well that and the source material being poor to begin with.

It's still a step up from hating on what JC Staff normally churn out.

Although maybe it's down to it being really hard to fuck up the format, and with this being the same author of Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei.

Ah! I got it, Azumanga Daioh.
I'm sure we have someone who doesn't like Azumanga. I seem to recall someone talking nonsense about Nichijou was better than it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well I'm not seeing much hate against Joshiraku.

Joshiraku hater present and accounted for. I never speak about it because I find it impossible to post impressions of a show that's nothing but dialogue. Who wants to see "I liked it when they said ________" over and over and over?

The loli detective show? We would have hated it because of the lolis anyway.

It's self-aware enough that it managed to negate my loli hate.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Great, now your schedule's free for the Aikatsu! challenge.

Saying something would be a challenge would be saying it would be difficult to watch. Thus I am totally confused - a show involving cute idols and card games would be like the antithesis to a challenge. But none the less I shall join you guys.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Saying something would be a challenge would be saying it would be difficult to watch. Thus I am totally confused - a show involving cute idols and card games would be like the antithesis to a challenge. But none the less I shall join you guys.

I think we broke darkside when we got him hooked on Smile Precure!.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
And yet you keep on hating K-ON...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom