• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirai Nikki 13-20

One of the better B-tier shonen shows. The show often raises many questions but they're all answered later on. Oh and Murmur is just so cute.

Co8j3.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
girls und panzer 01-02

This show is absolutely terrible. From the get go it was screaming bail out with that horrendous opening scene but I'm gonna take it for a ride. The cast of girls are generally terrible, the story is goofy as hell right now and I know absolutely nothing about tanks. But Yukari is cute so I shall persevere.

girls und panzer 01-02

This show is absolutely terrible. From the get go it was screaming bail out with that horrendous opening scene but I'm gonna take it for a ride. The cast of girls are generally terrible, the story is goofy as hell right now and I know absolutely nothing about tanks. But Yukari is cute so I shall persevere.

Score on MAL speaks volumes. :p

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Score on MAL speaks volumes. :p

Yeah I should have looked first. I asked duckroll last night if this was any good and he said it was. Liar :(

But I see what he meant. This show is so utterly stupid but charming in its own way. I think its mainly because they are trying to make driving tanks and tank culture in general moe but its not. It isn't even close and it never will be moe no matter how hard they try.

To Love ru Darkness 3

1NX0Z.jpg

Probably the closest Momo gets to full-on masturbating.

Kotegawa (aka Bitch) episode. Not much to say, but there was a very special beam of the week this time

What makes this so amazing is Mea actually BACKED UP into it while her panties were in plain view. In other words, this is a stationary censor that didn't follow the movements of the character. Great job there!

Alternative beam of the week (nsfw)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
To Love ru Darkness 3
Kotegawa (aka Bitch) episode. Not much to say, but there was a very special beam of the week this time

What makes this so amazing is Mea actually BACKED UP into it while her panties were in plain view. In other words, this is a stationary censor that didn't follow the movements of the character. Great job there!

Alternative beam of the week (nsfw)
I'm surprised TLRD fans are even watching this. Isn't the whole "pushing the limit of what can and cannot be featured in manga" the biggest reason you guys are all fans?

School Days 9

Fuck this show.

What the hell was with that girl that liked Makoto and wanted to ask him to the dance? What the fuck was that? And why the hell did she seem so okay with him going to the folk dance without her and saying they shouldn't be seen together? Did she just want him to bone her? This doesn't make any fucking sense! "Oh, Makoto, I've liked you since middle school and you just got finished shafting my sniz, but go ahead to the folk dance without me. I'll be okay". WHAT THE FUCK?!

And what was with Setsura and that movie and the flower symbolism? Is it saying that it doesn't matter if Sekai didn't see her kiss Makoto it still hurts her? If it is, are they actually, you know, going somewhere with this shit?

Speaking of "Where the fuck are they going with this shit", Kotonoha and Kaisuke. He just professes his love for her at the end of the episode after telling her that her boyfriend went to the dance with someone else. REAL FUCKING SMOOTH. What pisses me off most about this relationship is that I almost can see where this is going. I have a very, very bad feeling that a relationship between Kotonoha and Kaisuke is what the show is going to use to basically have Kotonoha be all like "Oh, hey Makoto, I know you betrayed me and treated me like donkey diarrhea this whole time, but hey, it's okay I have a new boyfriend now!" I won't rage until I see it for sure, but I have a bad feeling.

Other points:

-Apparently, the "break room" isn't just some sleazy (ingenious) idea these girls came up with, it's a fucking TRADITION. My.. my brain... it's.. popping.

-Those girls don't fucking let up on Kotonoha, do they? What the fuck is their problem?

In short, I hate you all for saying I should continue on with this show.

will post impressions on 10 when I inevitably watch it because I hate myself.

Bisonyes.gif

duckroll

girls und panzer 01-02

I'm sorry you don't like it. I find it really cute and fun. But seeing you suffer after my recommendations makes me feel responsible somehow. :(

Tear is adorable. Best character in Tales of the Abyss.

I liked Luke both before and after his (real TotA spoilers)
big personality 180.
Ha, I didn't think that would work.
Tear is the best Tales of character.
I actually liked Luke before then more than when, towards the end, where he
basically wants to kill himself
. He's still a lot better than Asch.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm sorry you don't like it. I find it really cute and fun. But seeing you suffer after my recommendations makes me feel responsible somehow. :(

Read my next post :p

Its really terrible but I guess I kind of enjoy it? I don't know. It's not a painful feeling like when I'm watching Gyrozetter or Hiiro no Kakera. It's just boredom I guess. Hopefully theres more Yukari. The other girls outside of the main quartet so far really don't interest me in the slightest - the student council in particular is terrible.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Never played the game. Vesperia is the only Tales game I have ever played, and I didn't even complete it.

duckroll

Read my next post :p

Its really terrible but I guess I kind of enjoy it? I don't know. It's not a painful feeling like when I'm watching Gyrozetter or Hiiro no Kakera. It's just boredom I guess. Hopefully theres more Yukari. The other girls outside of the main quartet so far really don't interest me in the slightest - the student council in particular is terrible.

But the student council are the bad guys! You wanna see them lose! It's like Utena! (lol)

Syrinx

From The New World 3

I felt like catching up on this show and giving myself a break from the endless crawl through a sewer pipe that is School Days. Feels good to watch something awesome instead of something that makes me want to dip my dick in a volcano.

Anyway:

When Shun stopped the waves and made the sky reflect on the water... holy. fucking. shit. Probably the best scene in the show so far. Seriously, I can not properly convey just how gorgeous this show is.

Looks like there is a relationship developing between Shun and Saki. That's good. Shun isn't just a boss. He's a bosses boss.

Looks like there's going to be a lot learned from that Demon Minoshiro/walking library thing. Looking forward to it.

I needed that.

Nafe

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Episode 19

A Valentines Day episode that aired on Valentines Day. Poor Motoki talking to his pet turtle Kamekichi, "How come you get a present from your girlfriend and I have nothing". A certain someone does give him a present which cheers him up though. I wonder if that will go anywhere?

That plot point introduced a couple of episodes ago was indeed how it looked, helping to differentiate this series some more from the anime. I'm wondering how that will play out. I already know how it will end, the whole predetermined "destiny" and everything, but I want to see what they do with it in the mean time.

The senshi's attacks don't seem very effective anymore in this adaptation. The enemies just block them or do some small little dodge to evade them most of the time. It also looks like they ran out of monster designs as the person dressed up as a sort of opera singer type monster has appeared the last few episodes now.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Episode 20

Just as I was thinking they had run out of monster designs they now go back and use all the monster designs they had used previously for Kunzite's illusions. No complaint from me really, at least it's a little bit different than seeing the opera type person for a few episodes. A character also learns of a certain revelation, how will they handle it?

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Episode 21

That sword spinning and attack from Kunzite combined with the cg effects actually looked pretty cool. The cg black rose petals afterwords did not.

Another revelation combined with Makoto Punch! That was interesting to see. Speaking of interesting things to see with Makoto, she used an ability(non aggressive) that wasn't there in the anime dealing with the fact that her name has to do with trees.

I don't think I'd say I find this version of Queen Beryl is better than her anime counterpart yet but she's more even now I think and I don't laugh or smile really when she's onscreen. The production has also toned down on the sillyness around her a bit, mitigating some things I mentioned earlier such as the quick camera pans with "whoosh" sound effects.

Nephrite still whines a lot (usually around Kunzite) but at the same time comes across as a bit more competent in his plans and when fighting. Unfortunately he obviously ultimately still loses every encounter.

Kunzite though is really awesome in this, I'm really enjoying what they've done to his character in this adaptation.

Lastly at the end of this episode there is a big change from the anime that looks like it could prove to be really interesting. I'm wondering where the story will go with it.

----

As the show continues I'd have to say I'm enjoying it more on the whole just like I did with the anime. It's helped having the senshi all together now so you can compare and contrast the girls and see how they play off of each others personality types as well as maybe setting up concurring stories now that there's a bigger cast to work with. It's also coming across as a bit more serious now with it's story events making things more interesting.

it's better than you'd imagine an anime adaptation of a game.

it's better than the other tales adaptations though.

There's not much competition among other Tales adaptations as Abyss was the only one to get a full TV series that actually tells the whole most plot.

Phantasia got a highly condensed OVA series which does a good job of telling the main story and giving decent action.

Eternia does a silly side story set in the middle of the game featuring new characters so it's pointless.

Symphonia still hasn't finished yet with its OVAs but it'll probably end up good since it's taking quite a while to get through the plot and ufotable.

Vesperia got a pretty prequel money that was all about Yuri and Flynn's bromance, but it had Flynn.

Syrinx

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Episode 19

A Valentines Day episode that aired on Valentines Day. Poor Motoki talking to his pet turtle Kamekichi, "How come you get a present from your girlfriend and I have nothing". A certain someone does give him a present which cheers him up though. I wonder if that will go anywhere?

That plot point introduced a couple of episodes ago was indeed how it looked, helping to differentiate this series some more from the anime. I'm wondering how that will play out. I already know how it will end, the whole predetermined "destiny" and everything, but I want to see what they do with it in the mean time.

The senshi's attacks don't seem very effective anymore in this adaptation. The enemies just block them or do some small little dodge to evade them most of the time. It also looks like they ran out of monster designs as the person dressed up as a sort of opera singer type monster has appeared the last few episodes now.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Episode 20

Just as I was thinking they had run out of monster designs they now go back and use all the monster designs they had used previously for Kunzite's illusions. No complaint from me really, at least it's a little bit different than seeing the opera type person for a few episodes. A character also learns of a certain revelation, how will they handle it?

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Episode 21

That sword spinning and attack from Kunzite combined with the cg effects actually looked pretty cool. The cg black rose petals afterwords did not.

Another revelation combined with Makoto Punch! That was interesting to see. Speaking of interesting things to see with Makoto, she used an ability(non aggressive) that wasn't there in the anime dealing with the fact that her name has to do with trees.

I don't think I'd say I find this version of Queen Beryl is better than her anime counterpart yet but she's more even now I think and I don't laugh or smile really when she's onscreen. The production has also toned down on the sillyness around her a bit, mitigating some things I mentioned earlier such as the quick camera pans with "whoosh" sound effects.

Nephrite still whines a lot (usually around Kunzite) but at the same time comes across as a bit more competent in his plans and when fighting. Unfortunately he obviously ultimately still loses every encounter.

Kunzite though is really awesome in this, I'm really enjoying what they've done to his character in this adaptation.

Lastly at the end of this episode there is a big change from the anime that looks like it could prove to be really interesting. I'm wondering where the story will go with it.

----

As the show continues I'd have to say I'm enjoying it more on the whole just like I did with the anime. It's helped having the senshi all together now so you can compare and contrast the girls and see how they play off of each others personality types as well as maybe setting up concurring stories now that there's a bigger cast to work with. It's also coming across as a bit more serious now with it's story events making things more interesting.

This was pretty true even in the anime IMO. The attacks very rarely had a good hit, and even when they did, they didn't do too much other than deter them for a few seconds. Whoever was the hero of the fight scene in each episode was whoever showed up after the fact to save the senshi who were already down shit creek (aka Tuxedo Mask about 95% of the time.

It's why it annoys me when people bash Mercury for having "lol useless bubble attack". The senshi's attacks are fairly useless more often than not.

Katte ni Kaizou 1

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2vgIz.jpg[/IMG]
Something about poems, cyborgs, unwashed foreskins and trains. Clearly I need to watch more to get a better understanding on all of this.

Oh, it's the other Kumeta work. Really gotta get around to watching this. My life wouldn't be complete otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom