• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm considering it. Honestly, this feels like getting jumped in by a gang.
ZFmm6.jpg
Dh7Zz.jpg
Choose your poison waifu.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, yeah, my first thought when after the revelation that
Haru was Shizuku's academic rival
was "it's Maid-sama all over again!". Fortunately, Haru already exhibited more personality in this episode than Usui did in whatever portion of Maid-sama I ended up watching, so I'm okay with the concept in this instance. I presume that Haru's academic talent exists primarily to serve as an amusing incongruity with everything else that defines his character, where Usui is simply supposed to be "Usui-sama suteki~".

I dunno, Usui was just as "enigmatic". He just wasn't "wacky" about it in the way that Haru is. It just popped up a red flag anyway.

I still think KnT is the perfect shoujo of course, mostly because of the grounded nature of the Kazehaya/Sawako relationship (he's just a guy that is nice. He doesn't need to be super smart or super athletic or hunky), so anything that veers off from that is going to niggle at me in some way. lol

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Choose your poison waifu.

Where's firehawk12 at?

I dunno, Usui was just as "enigmatic". He just wasn't "wacky" about it in the way that Haru is. It just popped up a red flag anyway.

I still think KnT is the perfect shoujo of course, mostly because of the grounded nature of the Kazehaya/Sawako relationship (he's just a guy that is nice. He doesn't need to be super smart or super athletic or hunky), so anything that veers off from that is going to niggle at me in some way. lol

Season 1 was perfection. Season 2. Mehhh.... :)

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Well, enigmatic is pointless if the character isn't interesting to begin with. Usui doesn't ignite my KININARIMASU nearly as much as Haru, hahah.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Just looked up some Blood-c images. Holy hell, what did they do to Saya? That design is awful.
But Blood-C Saya is by far the best incarnation~

1voGyl.gif

Anyway, linking back to some earlier posts in here, I think Blood-C is an interesting example of a show where "Stick with it because it gets better on" really does apply.
The second half loses a lot of it's forcefulness without the first half to lead it in.

That's a hell of a list. I'll probably watch them all and consider it training for the Island episodes of Nadia that Jexhius warns against.

Suit yourself. I cannot guarantee your sanity though.

Come to think of it, no one considering marathoning the One Piece anime should ever watch the Warship Island arc regardless of quality because, due to recent events, it now creates a plot hole at the beginning of
Punk Hazard

It already created a plot hole in Alabasta.

Narag

Branduil should check out some Happy Science so he better round out that list. I'm still so mad at the second half of Hermes: Winds of Love.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I still have the following to go:
  • Glass Fleet
  • Angel Cop
  • Sukeban Deka

:(

Let's fix that together, Naragbro.

Branduil should check out some Happy Science so he better round out that list. I'm still so mad at the second half of Hermes: Winds of Love.

Hito and I have been compiling a definitive LIST over the past few weeks. There's eventually going to be a thread, but it's all still in the pre-pre-pre-alpha stages.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm still pretty mad at Glass Fleet currently after the last episode I watched. I went from "Gonna finish this over the weekend." to rage! Cue Branduil posting that one image.

How far into it are you?

I've seen through 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom