• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, enigmatic is pointless if the character isn't interesting to begin with. Usui doesn't ignite my KININARIMASU nearly as much as Haru, hahah.
True. lol Haru is at least more interesting than Usui who is just smart, rich, and bishie looking. I hope that carries forward anyway.

Oh, and I found the thing I was looking for that you may want to check you - HiyoKoi:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=12947

It's directed by a guy who storyboarded/directed a few episodes of Kimi ni Todoke and has a similar vibe to both KnT and Monsters.

No further evidence needed. :)
Indeed. lol

JOSHIRAKU - 10
VMlpCl.jpg

What better way to go on opposition of k-on than to go death metal ?

The yakuza of the end parody was nice , but it's a shame they couldn't include kazuma in it ..

RQUtHl.jpg

Subliminal message to kyoto animation included

Accel World EX 1

Normal Avatar Chiyu>Burst Link Chiyu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Real world Chiyu.

They should do more stuff like this on the normal internet.

My Little Monster 1

I'd never expect pacing like this from a shoujo, more happened in this episode than in 12 of most shoujo romances. Some shoujos would take the plot of this episode and make a full season out of it. A very impressive opening episode, it will be interesting to see how it's paced from here on out.

yami4ct

Blood C:01

What have you guys made me do? Oh boy, what can I say about this thing? Well, the character designs are even worse in motion. The scene with Saya singing was painfully bad. Also, one/both of those twins need to die horribly as soon as possible. At least I got a decent action scene, even if the villain looked really dumb.

Instro

My Little Monster 1

Definitely some shades of LoveCom, Toradora, and Kimi ni Todoke in here. Which is great for me since I love those shows, and shoujo stuff is a guilty pleasure of mine. Very nice visuals, as is usual for Brains Base however this time their talent is backing up a legitimately good show, its been a while since that happened. The speedy relationship progress reminds me of Natsuyuki from last season, and that is much appreciated, certainly not what I would have expected going into it. I'm glad I was looking forward to this one, I had hopes that it would turn out to be a good romcom and it didn't disappoint. Yet another quality Fall show, quite a season we have on our hands my friends!

Branduil

What have you guys made me do? Oh boy, what can I say about this thing? Well, the character designs are even worse in motion. The scene with Saya singing was painfully bad. Also, one/both of those twins need to die horribly as soon as possible. At least I got a decent action scene, even if the villain looked really dumb.

i4bIaG5FD326W.gif

duckroll

To quote Boardwalk Empire from last night, "What the fuck is life if it's not personal?" I seriously don't get what you mean when you say "it's dimb." I'll tell you straight up that I take that personally.

Okay, I just wanted to say that I'm really frightened by the possibility of someone letting unmarked spoilers of Boardwalk slip. S3 only starts on HBO Asia here next week, so don't spoil anything for me! Thanks!

I wish. It was super fun to watch. Can't wait for EX 2.

Hot springs... :(

cajunator

Banned

I think you might be happy pretty soon based on what you said.
Keep going.

Uchip

Banned

is that the floating mummy thing? yeah some of the designs are questionable

survivor

Banned
My Little Monster 1

Brains Base, you magnificent bastards, you have done it, you have made a shoujo anime watchable. Now I feel depressed that you have wasted 2 seasons on trash like Sengoku Collection instead of picking up much better source material to work with.

Really impressed with the colouring and just how vibrant it looks. So many pretty colours during the OP. Backgrounds were pleasantly nice and really blended well with the show's visual style. While the OP looked great, I should mention that the choice of the music was solid, really loved the upbeat nature of the song. Also the music in the show was very good in changing the tone from happy one to sad one. I liked the track they used for the
confession scene.

Pacing was so un-shoujo like. In fact I have no idea why the hell you guys brought up Kimi ni Todoke when talking about this anime. KnT would take 2 seasons just to cover what the first episode went over. Not to mention Shizuku outclasses Sawako both in personality and character design. One thing I noticed and like was some of the facial expressions/reactions were totally unpredictable. I guess it's a sign of good writing, but maybe I'm just not used to the characters quirks yet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, ever since they launched the English niconico.com site last year, it was in a beta state, and I don't think it ever had any integration with the main nicovideo.jp site anyway. I could be wrong though.
It shared login info at least. I wonder if this means that funico or funi-nico or whatever is a thing again.

yami4ct

After finishing episode 2, Saya's singing is going to be a thing, isn't it? It's just so damn terrible. That alone might kill me.

My Little Monster 1

Brains Base, you magnificent bastards, you have done it, you have made a shoujo anime watchable. Now I feel depressed that you have wasted 2 seasons on trash like Sengoku Collection instead of picking up much better source material to work with.

I like to believe they did Sengoku Collection just to pay the bills so we could get this masterpiece.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Okay, I just wanted to say that I'm really frightened by the possibility of someone letting unmarked spoilers of Boardwalk slip. S3 only starts on HBO Asia here next week, so don't spoil anything for me! Thanks!
I would never. The only thing about it I'll spoil is that it's quality.

cajunator

Banned
My Little Monster 1

Really impressed with the colouring and just how vibrant it looks. So many pretty colours during the OP. Backgrounds were pleasantly nice and really blended well with the show's visual style. While the OP looked great, I should mention that the choice of the music was solid, really loved the upbeat nature of the song. Also the music in the show was very good in changing the tone from happy one to sad one. I liked the track they used for the
confession scene.

Pacing was so un-shoujo like. In fact I have no idea why the hell you guys brought up Kimi ni Todoke when talking about this anime. KnT would take 2 seasons just to cover what the first episode went over. Not to mention Shizuku outclasses Sawako both in personality and character design. One thing I noticed and like was some of the facial expressions/reactions were totally unpredictable. I guess it's a sign of good writing, but maybe I'm just not used to the characters quirks yet.

I like a lot of shoujo shows, but the pacing of this is definitely WAY faster than the usual. Its kind of refreshing, but also feels a bit rushed. But these characters are so incredibly likeable and fun to watch. Cannot wait to see more.

After finishing episode 2, Saya's singing is going to be a thing, isn't it? It's just so damn terrible. That alone might kill me.

I think her singing is incredibly cute personally. She stops around episode 4 though so you dont have to endure it much longer.

Stoof

Come to think of it, no one considering marathoning the One Piece anime should ever watch the Warship Island arc regardless of quality because, due to recent events, it now creates a plot hole at the beginning of
Punk Hazard

Not to mention it's just so bad that it should be skipped anyway. The best filler arc is G-8, it's actually somewhat enjoyable.

Kagami

ZFmm6.jpg
Dh7Zz.jpg

Choose your poison waifu.
Blood-C is a bad show.
It does have impact, but to get to it you have to slog through a lot of boring, but the boring is important to the impact, so you can't really skip it.
I'd only recommend it if you want to extract meta-enjoyment by making fun of it with friends in a "what were the people who made this thinking?" kind of way.

School Days, on the other hand, is awesome, entertaining from beginning to end.
Recommended to anyone who likes crazy things like Code Geass R2.

I like a lot of shoujo shows, but the pacing of this is definitely WAY faster than the usual. Its kind of refreshing, but also feels a bit rushed. But these characters are so incredibly likeable and fun to watch. Cannot wait to see more.
It made it seem, to me, like they were adapting a one shot of sorts, it even had a perfect conclusion for any sort of one shot romance comedy type thing. Though I hope it doesnt lose steam in the story department as we go through 12 or even more episodes...

Kagami

It made it seem, to me, like they were adapting a one shot of sorts, it even had a perfect conclusion for any sort of one shot romance comedy type thing.
DTL beat me to it; was just about to post this.
It does feel like what I would expect from something that was a one-shot and then later serialized.
Is that actually how the manga started?

survivor

Banned
DTL beat me to it; was just about to post this.
It does feel like what I would expect from something that was a one-shot and then later serialized.
Is that actually how the manga started?

Yep. They basically covered the first 2 chapters very faithfully.

duckroll

Yep. They basically covered the first 2 chapters very faithfully.

The manga doesn't get worse right? Plz don't tell me it gets worse. :(

Blood-C is a bad show.
It does have impact, but to get to it you have to slog through a lot of boring, but the boring is important to the impact, so you can't really skip it.
I'd only recommend it if you want to extract meta-enjoyment by making fun of it with friends in a "what were the people who made this thinking?" kind of way.

I honestly didn't find the show "boring". I'm a huge CLAMP fan, and I've been hoping they did something like this again for a long time now. It's a little slow burn at the start with the repetition, but after ep2 things started moving relatively quickly. The show relies a lot on tonal shifts for black humor, and there is enough action in almost every episode to keep it exciting. The animation and music were great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom