• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrotab

Banned
Spice and Wolf - 2

I really like Horo's speech rhythm. It's cute, wise and a bit seductive.

I don't understand the merchant's system of trading one good for another. How does he get food and lodging without actually receiving any money with the trades?

Wes

venison crêpe
Wasn't sure what to expect from a jousting anime.

Luckily the opening flashed me everything I needed to know.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Touché. I have no idea what stupid accessories Nintendo has released for their handhelds over the years.!
Well I did the opposite of :kayos and actually used Google to research it briefly. I had no idea they released video on the GBA, mostly because it seems it was an American thing only.

So we all learnt something totally useless tonight.

Gundam Build Fighters 1

Delicious 2D mecha animation! And it actually made me want to get back into Gunpla building. So mission accomplished Bandai.

Midonin

I like that Japan advertises things with cute girls. It's one of the aspects of anime that have kept me watching it. It varies whether they're advertising on "sexy" or "cute" (sometimes both at the same time), but there's probably several premises I would've never checked out if it wasn't for this. That anime has a fairly wide variety of female characters is something it has over Western animation (or at least, does differently).

It's why I'm watching Arpeggio, though Kantai Collection looks much more my speed. From what I've gotten (cute warships vs aliens, and a bit of fanservice), it's closer to Strike Witches, which, as I said, I love as a franchise. Not in spite of, because.

Articalys

You know, I think this is the most impressive season ever in terms of total number of simulcasts, simulcast coverage over all "mainstream" anime being broadcast, and lack of long-term streaming delays. You can practically count on one hand the number of shows that are either not simulcast or on a delay of more than a few hours. (okay, the actual number of shows is probably somewhere between 6 and 10, but it's still quite the feat.)

Of course, there's still the problem of regional restrictions to tackle, but that's the next step.

You know, I think this is the most impressive season ever in terms of total number of simulcasts, simulcast coverage over all "mainstream" anime being broadcast, and lack of long-term streaming delays. You can practically count on one hand the number of shows that are either not simulcast or on a delay of more than a few hours. (okay, the actual number of shows is probably somewhere between 6 and 10, but it's still quite the feat.)

Of course, there's still the problem of regional restrictions to tackle, but that's the next step.

I think the lack of delay (on the order of days) is more impressive than the total number of shows being streamed. It's especially pretty impressive when not just a few seasons ago, there were shows that were being 'simul'casts on order of a week or later after it originally aired in Japan.

cajunator

Banned
For the same reason there aren't American animated procedural shows - the audience interested in TV procedurals aren't interested in animation.

This thing goes both ways, remember. It's true that fans of anime aren't typically fans of certain types of adult-oriented subject matter, but at the same time fans of those types of adult-oriented subject matter aren't typically fans of animation.

Only crazy collectors buy anime.

Thats not true! Well maybe it is...

InuYasha 69

Faceless guy is really creepy, also it's odd to see InuYasha, Mrioku, and Sango at full strength fail to beat someone. Also enjoyed the Kagome in the modern age segments. It amazes me how her friends never ask how Kagome has time to meet all these guys but never come to school.

cajunator

Banned
Gingitsune 01

Ok not only is this absolutely adorable but its really laid back and super enjoyable to watch. Its really sweet. Makoto is completely precious too.
LOVE.

Soma

So much anime. Just today I've watched the first episodes of:

Yozakura Quartet
Log Horizon
Kyousougiga
Yuushibu
White Album 2
Outbreak Company

(I hardly ever binge-watch things so this is quite a bit for me)

Suffice it to say Yozakura, Kyousougiga and (surprisingly) White Album were the most enjoyable of the group. Yozakura had a pretty strong start with dropping the audience into the story with enough context to not get lost in and enough action scenes to keep it exciting. I think quite a few people would be a little put off by the frequent up-skirts though. I loved the fluid action scenes from the Hoshi no Umi OVAs and so far this show is feeling very similar to it in terms of animation quality.

Kyousougiga's Episode 0 might not have been much more coherent than it was since the first time I watched it but it still remains just as imaginative and gorgeous as ever. I think having a little bit of context from the previous short series made it more enjoyable but there's a certain point in this episode where I just shut my brain off and enjoy the beautiful spectacle on screen. It feels really unique and ambitious and I'm very glad to see more of this crazy universe.

White Album 2 was also surprisingly enjoyable. The somber, melancholic atmosphere that permeated throughout the episode was very well-done and it's always nice to see a high-school protagonist that's able to hold a decent conversation with someone of the opposite sex. I hope the show manages to competently handle whatever inevitable drama well enough but we'll see.

The others aren't really worth mentioning other than Log Horizon being pretty okay I guess.

So my first (and probably very premature) Fall list is going like this so far :

Kill La Kill > Kyousougiga > Yozakura Quartet > Kyoukai no Kanata > White Album 2 > Golden Time > Log Horizon > Coppelion > Yuushibu > IS 2 > Outbreak Company

Still waiting on:

Pupa
Valvrave S2
Galilei Donna
Samurai Flamenco

Still haven't watched:

Gingitsune
IdolWrestler
Pokemon The Origin

cajunator

Banned
So much anime. Just today I've watched the first episodes of:

Yozakura Quartet
Log Horizon
Kyousougiga
Yuushibu
White Album 2
Outbreak Company

(I hardly ever binge-watch things so this is quite a bit for me)

Suffice it to say Yozakura, Kyousougiga and (surprisingly) White Album were the most enjoyable of the group. Yozakura had a pretty strong start with dropping the audience into the story with enough context to not get lost in and enough action scenes to keep it exciting. I think quite a few people would be a little put off by the frequent up-skirts though. I loved the fluid action scenes from the Hoshi no Umi OVAs and so far this show is feeling very similar to it in terms of animation quality.

Kyousougiga's Episode 0 might not have been much more coherent than it was since the first time I watched it but it still remains just as imaginative and gorgeous as ever. I think having a little bit of context from the previous short series made it more enjoyable but there's a certain point in this episode where I just shut my brain off and enjoy the beautiful spectacle on screen. It feels really unique and ambitious and I'm very glad to see more of this crazy universe.

White Album 2 was also surprisingly enjoyable. The somber, melancholic atmosphere that permeated throughout the episode was very well-done and it's always nice to see a high-school protagonist that's able to hold a decent conversation with someone of the opposite sex. I hope the show manages to competently handle whatever inevitable drama well enough but we'll see.

The others aren't really worth mentioning other than Log Horizon being pretty okay I guess.

So my first (and probably very premature) Fall list is going like this so far :

Kill La Kill > Kyousougiga > Yozakura Quartet > Kyoukai no Kanata > White Album 2 > Golden Time > Log Horizon > Coppelion > Yuushibu > IS 2 > Outbreak Company

Still waiting on:

Pupa
Valvrave S2
Galilei Donna
Samurai Flamenco

Still haven't watched:

Gingitsune
IdolWrestler
Pokemon The Origin

Gingi is really feelgood anime.
Think youll like it!

cnet128

Banned
Gingi is really feelgood anime.
Think youll like it!

Really feelgood anime? Hah. You haven't seen really feelgood anime until you've seen...

Non Non Biyori 1

This is made of slow, and cute, and happiness. I approve of it greatly.

Perhaps not quite enough to save anime, but it may just be enough to save this season.

Also for some reason it amuses me that the scenario here reminds me in many ways of Higurashi, though the two couldn't really be more different kinds of show.

InuYasha 70

Wow wasn't expecting Muso to actually be Onigumo! :O I didn't think Naraku could separate from him? Guess this should shake things up!

Nafe

Whoops, I was being intentionally vague but then I thought you picked up on it. lol

Wait a moment here. You're saying this post here was in indeed in reference to something I said?

For example, once when I expressed interest in checking it out a couple months ago, the person I was talking to at the time didn't even have any hope that I would like it. "You'll probably think it's just boring." :(

Nxb5xb4.png

Quoting from our PM my response to you was this:

Hitokage said:
Speaking of Hyouka, though, it's currently high on my list of things to watch after I get through Doremi.
Nafe said:
Hopefully you enjoy Hyouka but you might find it boring like many others.

Right there I said that I hoped you'd like it. I myself have expressed that I quite like the show and consider it a favorite of mine and thus commented that hopefully you would feel the same as I'd have another person to talk about it with. Many people who watched the show found it's presentation to be rather boring so I was simply noting that it was possible you would agree and land on that side of the fence after watching the show.

Free! 7

So Rin and Gou's father dying in the shipwreck and the fact that he couldn't beat Haru back when he was a kid, is the reason why he's acting like a bitch?

Expected Haru to lose given how many episodes that are still left and how he acted. Didn't think he wouldn't advance to the next round though.

And I loved seeing Gou's muscle fetish again. Forgot how entertaining it was when she was fangirling over the guys.

Unbreakable Machine Doll 1

Yaya might be the most thirsty character in any anime I've ever seen in an anime ever. The bloom is ridiculous though I can't tell if it's deliberate or a result of watching for free in sd on funimation sight. Action and story seemed good looking forward to more of this.

Sometimes i read AnimeGaf too fast and i just forgot that there is a second Y in kirbYayoi name.

Makes your username "intresting" to say the least

Gbraga

Watched Kill la Kill.

Shit.

So fucking awesome.

Crunchyroll already convinced me with one episode. I need this service in my life.

cajunator

Banned
Really feelgood anime? Hah. You haven't seen really feelgood anime until you've seen...

Non Non Biyori 1

This is made of slow, and cute, and happiness. I approve of it greatly.

Perhaps not quite enough to save anime, but it may just be enough to save this season.

Also for some reason it amuses me that the scenario here reminds me in many ways of Higurashi, though the two couldn't really be more different kinds of show.

Oh? Well thats interesting. I love feelgood shows.

Kazzy

Gundam Build Fighters

My Gundam franchise experience is just G Gundam and 08th MS Team, so I don't get any of the references in this show. But it's still a great slice of youth-oriented toy promotion programming. Nice mech animation.

I know absolutely nothing about Gundam. I might watch it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom