• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

Time for my early best girl list out of the shows I've watched thus far:

-Golden Time: Linda
-Log Horizon: Marie
-Yozakura Quartet: Hime (if they can mimic some of her quirks/tendencies from the manga)
-Strike The Blood; Too early to call!

edit: Seriously, do we have gifs of Marie hug-tackling everyone in Log Horizon?

Narag

Gundam Build Fighters 1

Y6iETIK.jpg

Turn-A and Turn-X hnng

Everything I wanted it to be and then some. aoty

Articalys

Non Non Biyori ep.1

Ah, the splendor of the Japanese countryside.
This will suffice for the four-girls-slice-of-life quota this season.

With me seeing the title of that new anime "My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy." I thought I'd make a list of the 2013 anime with long title's so far.

1) I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job
2) No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
3) My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy
4) My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As I Expected (SNAFU)
5) Problem Children are Coming from Another World, Aren't They?
6) Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C3

Who makes up these names!? Did I miss any?

Articalys

Question: as someone who knows very little in general about the Gundam frachise, are there too many references in Build Fighters for it to be worth a watch later?

Narag

Question: as someone who knows very little in general about the Gundam frachise, are there too many references in Build Fighters for it to be worth a watch later?

I think it'll hold up well enough on its own as I'm guessing it's for a younger audience and to push model sales. The reference stuff just felt like it was there to keep the attention of the pre-existing audience.

Non Non Biyori 1

Relaxed country girls doing relaxed country things. Also girls who don't look their age, but I ain't care because this show is so fuwafuwa.

Joule

The Tatami Galaxy 9

No one said there would be FEELS!
This episode had some surprisingly sad bits with Akashi slapping Watashi and the whole ending.

Higuchi laying down the life advice.

You're really going to enjoy the last couple episodes. I think the pay off at the end is a perfect culmination of everything that preceded it. I came to really like Watashi at the finale.

Andrew J.

Wanna Be The Strongest In The World 01

The only show I've deliberately left off my MAL/Hummingbird before (that wasn't out-and-out hentai) was Rio Rainbow Gate! Now this show attains that dubious distinction as well.

Gazoinks

You're really going to enjoy the last couple episodes. I think the pay off at the end is a perfect culmination of everything that preceded it. I came to really like Watashi at the finale.

Gonna finish it today, I'm looking forward to it!

Theonik

Wanna Be The Strongest In The World 01

The only show I've deliberately left off my MAL/Hummingbird before (that wasn't out-and-out hentai) was Rio Rainbow Gate! Now this show attains that dubious distinction as well.
You should add Hentai to your MAL like the cool people do instead. Though I haven't added this and YNNOWSSSWKS to my list either but that's because I don't actually plan to commit to them at this time.

You should add Hentai to your MAL like the cool people do instead. Though I haven't added this and YNNOWSSSWKS to my list either but that's because I don't actually plan to commit to them at this time.

Adding hentai to my list feels like cheating because I usually just skip to the good parts.

Sword Art Online 24-25 [END]

Alright, that wasn't actually nearly as bad as I was expecting. But
the main villain was a lame twat, and the resolution in these two episodes should have been what happened at the end of the first arc, instead of the shitty attempt at prolonging the series by repeating pretty much the exact same circumstances that the series began with.
. All that aside, it was a decent series. Much more enjoyable in the first half than the second, though.

Outbreak Company 1

This seems to be a fairly run-of-the-mill moe series so far, but it acknowledges what it is. Also, the bit at the end of the episode was pretty funny.

Okay right now all I'm following is Kill la Kill. Anyone know any other good shows to follow this season judging form their first episodes that you've seen?

Don't mention KnK or Coppelion as I've dropped them :)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Okay right now all I'm following is Kill la Kill. Anyone know any other good shows to follow this season judging form their first episodes that you've seen?

Don't mention KnK or Coppelion as I've dropped them :)

Gingitsune, Ace of Diamond, Log Horizon and Gundam Build Fighters, maybe Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!/Yuusha ni Narenakatta off the top of my head.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Non Non Biyori Episode 1:

Five minutes in and I was almost bored into sleep; I already have my cute girl slice of life anime and it is called Gingitsune.

CorvoSol

Sword Art Online 24-25 [END]

Alright, that wasn't actually nearly as bad as I was expecting. But
the main villain was a lame twat, and the resolution in these two episodes should have been what happened at the end of the first arc, instead of the shitty attempt at prolonging the series by repeating pretty much the exact same circumstances that the series began with.
. All that aside, it was a decent series. Much more enjoyable in the first half than the second, though.

Outbreak Company 1

This seems to be a fairly run-of-the-mill moe series so far, but it acknowledges what it is. Also, the bit at the end of the episode was pretty funny.

Second half has Shituguha, of course it isn't as good as whatever level of quality one might choose to ascribe to the first half. Shituguha is the worst character I have ever seen in any anime ever.

Cwarrior

I want to believe that Japan can handle a mature love story where people do more than exchange furtive glances and put letters in each other's shoeboxes!

No such kind of thing as a decent mature love story from Japan, I've come to believe there few things Japan can't write to save itself one of those is a love story.

If you want an example as a decent mature love story read the Korean manwa Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan.

Mason ikkaku (fuck apple word correction) is defiantly one the better slice of life but it's romance plot is full of silly flaws (series of silly misunderstandings) that make it dumb but more entertaining at times.

Wolf children on the other hand is just a melodramatic furry fantasy.

Non Non Biyori Episode 1:

Five minutes in and I was almost bored into sleep; I already have my cute girl slice of life anime and it is called Gingitsune.

I'll give it a watch anyway, just to see for myself. But I really do wanna check out Arpeggio of Blue Steel.

Second half has Shituguha, of course it isn't as good as whatever level of quality one might choose to ascribe to the first half. Shituguha is the worst character I have ever seen in any anime ever.

I take it you're not a Suguha fan.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Kanon (2006) 16

Alright new arc.
Sorta feels like whenever they start a new arc they spend like half an episode focusing on all the remaining girls before setting into whose arc it actually is.

Let's just hope Ayu is just over-reacting. Phew that had me worried a little.

So we're definitely settled on this being Shiori's arc. And we're jumping into the heavy asap it seems. Fine by me!

Your sister's dying and you think the best course of action is just act like she never existed? You're so fucking dumb. Like, wow.

Nafe

Ok madp, this character is from Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ and is voiced by Ai Kayano. Again I'm not sure if you'll like the show and I don't want to spoil what happened in the episode but I'm not sure how much we'll see of her.

Personally I thought the first episode was kind of interesting. It was sort of wacky and fun that I want to take a look at the next episode.

*claps*

Although really, it was just one element among many.

Haha, I didn't think you were referring to me with that statement, I was just trying to play along. Ultimately I guess you could say you were just...ki ni narimasu?

None! The only thing that comes close was when I was incredibly tired anyway, so I hit pause and then passed out.

Haha, you sound like cajunator.

Gbraga

Just got home, but Hola isn't working with Crunchyroll :/

Valvrave is still blocked even after activating it.

EDIT: There is a very good chance I'm a moron

Free! 6

Not really satisfied after finding out Makoto was scared over the ocean and the reason why.

Just feels to me like a pitiful excuse to give Makoto some unnecessary character development that he really didn't need.

CorvoSol

I take it you're not a Suguha fan.

If thinking something should have been burned in the flames of the sun and the man who wrote her into the plot should've lost his house as punishment for his crimes as against humanity doesn't count as being a fan, then no, I am not a fan of Scrappy Dooguha.

Gbraga

Wait, what? If I search for Valvrave on Crunchyroll it shows no episodes, but if I google "Valvrave Crunchyroll" and select the episodes from there then I can watch it.

What is going on? >_>

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

What? Sugu is what made the second half bearable. Best girl.

cajunator

Banned
Joshiraku is sadly(or happily when I get to it?) part of my infinite backlog. Good to know that she's got the skills though, despite the relatively small list of credits.

Put it on your frontlog!!

But college kids and adults don't watch anime.

Unless it's noitaminA, and even then college kids probably don't watch it any more.

In fact, that reminds me - firehawk, have you watched Nana? Not noitaminA because it aired on NTV but I'm sure that's the kind of thing you'd be looking for.

Well, I dont think its highschool kids buying up all those expensive boxsets and figures..

I want to believe that Japan can handle a mature love story where people do more than exchange furtive glances and put letters in each other's shoeboxes!

Ai yori Aoshi says hello

*claps*

Although really, it was just one element among many.

None! The only thing that comes close was when I was incredibly tired anyway, so I hit pause and then passed out.

Excuses!
Nah just kidding. but I do fall asleep watching a lot of anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom