• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Arpeggio ep 1
They nailed the anime looks in 3D but the animations and physics are fucking souless and atrocious. 3D still have a long way to go.

Jex

It's like 2/3 pachinko arc, though. It tips the scale pretty heavily.

It certainly is, but even the pachinko arc only gets truly turgid half way through (but then it gets really turgid).

Basically, I recommend all of Kaiji but certain parts of certain arcs require liberal use of fast-forward.

Pooya

Arpeggio ep 1
They nailed the anime looks in 3D but the animations and physics are fucking souless and atrocious. 3D still have a long way to go.

yeah, that was my thought. I can still see the 3D future to be viable, characters aside it looked good.

Both.

Even for bad show its a bad idea to jump for later season, what the hell you doing.

The art for season 2 got me, so I just jumped in at that part. I'm not far in season 2 so I guess I won't mind backtracking a little bit. As long as the narrator is screaming like he is in season 2 then I'll watch season 1. The narrator gets the show so hyped, it's like I'm watching DBZ or something.

Narag

The art for season 2 got me, so I just jumped in at that part. I'm not far in season 2 so I guess I won't mind backtracking a little bit. As long as the narrator is screaming like he is in season 2 then I'll watch season 1. The narrator gets the show so hyped, it's like I'm watching DBZ or something.

based Fumihiko Tachiki

Jex

[Gundam Build Fighters] - 1

So this was pretty good. It walked the fine line between celebrating Gundam's history and fandom and making fun of it. It's quite easy to go one way or the other when treading that tightrope so I'm pleased to see they plotted the right course through these mixed metaphors.

It also had some sweet mecha animation, so that's cool I guess.

Narag

So this was pretty good. It walked the fine line between celebrating Gundam's history and fandom and making fun of it. It's quite easy to go one way or the other when treading that tightrope so I'm pleased to see they plotted the right course through these mixed metaphors.

Was
Ramba Ral
the best thing or the bestest thing?

BluWacky

Apologies if already posted but there is now a 15 second animated trailer for Samurai Flamenco!

It looks... animated? Sort-of? It's certainly no Galileidonna.

The voiceover says something like "Oh flowers of evil, before you bloom verdantly, I shall behead your sproutlings! I, Samurai Flamenco!" I have no idea if this is a pisstake of some normal tokusatsu chant or not, given how stupid toku catchphrases are in general.

cajunator

Banned
How is Day Break Illusion so low? It will no doubt rise when the episodes feaure Cerebrum come out.

Free and Uta Pri are continuing to do so well. Unless there is a drop, and ignoring v1 of UtaPri2, I guess both are averaging nearly the same.

Day Break Illusion was too derivative and too mediocre. I dont think it was that popular.

Non Non Biyori 1

That inaudible Tanuki whistle. This is even more chill than Gingitsune, which raises the question "do I really need more of that?". It was cute, amusing and had surprisingly nice visuals(except the dodgeball animation) so the answer is yes for now.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel 1

Made it through about half the episode before I turned it off. This is my nightmare.

Wait its MORE CHILL than Gingitsune? that show is already so relaxed and squee. I look forward to it!
Today is suddenly not the greatest so hopefully it can cheer me up a little bit.

Unbreakable Machine-Doll

was this show all CG as well? looked really bad.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 18

dat space battle awesomeness *salutes*

It wasnt all CG but theres a lot of it. but Yaya makes it worth it, as I expected. good god shes adorable.

Final box/disc art is up for Sentai's release of Girls und Panzer:

Humikane art is so nice.

Fuck yeah, Humikane disc art.

see? Zach knows.

It's not to blind enemies, it's to BIND enemies.

ALSO THE MIRACLE HAPPENED

Wasnt a miracle. Yall were forecast to get 50-70 mph winds according to weather channel where you are and if its not sustained thats not nearly as damaging. Nice that it didnt affect you too much though.

I was wondering why Crunchy had so many new shows. Turns out the new season is a go. Looks like there are quite a few interesting shows on display this fall.

Still need to watch it later, but glad the initial impressions are good!

Wasnt a miracle. Yall were forecast to get 50-70 mph winds according to weather channel where you are and if its not sustained thats not nearly as damaging. Nice that it didnt affect you too much though.

It was actually shooting for 75-90 Metroid Prime Hunter winds.

Damn, we're already 6000 posts in and a number of shows haven't even had a single episode out.

By now pretty much all new shows have an episode out except for the crowd this Thursday: Galilei Donna, Samurai Flamenco, and Valvrave Season 2. Plus Kyousogiga will get its first episode with new material tomorrow. Admittedly, those handful of shows are some of the most interesting stuff this season.

Midonin

I'm looking forward to NouCome's debut tomorrow, though my reasons for that are entirely personal. By which I mean a wrote a story with the same premise.

Syrinx

By now pretty much all new shows have an episode out except for the crowd this Thursday: Galilei Donna, Samurai Flamenco, and Valvrave Season 2. Plus Kyousogiga will get its first episode with new material tomorrow. Admittedly, those handful of shows are some of the most interesting stuff this season.
Thursdays are going to be insane around here.

Jex

I certainly feel like those will attract some attention but you're right to say that the big hitters, in terms of popularity, have had their debut. I suppose this is just the kind of thread speed I should expect now that people are done with GTA V.

zeroshiki

I'm looking forward to NouCome's debut tomorrow, though my reasons for that are entirely personal. By which I mean a wrote a story with the same premise.

You wrote a story about a dude who has random multiple choices questions pop into his head and one of them involved a girl falling from the sky?

Dresden

Thanks to Solune for showing me this:

aCxtnq6.gif

Narag

Gifu Dodo!! Kanetsugu & Keiji 15

Bromance abounds even amid such a politic heavy episode. I don't even think young Keiji was in this one but that's all good as he's something of a simpler character compared to Kanetsugu.

New ED is kinda lackluster even with that awesome music.

Flowers of Evil 1-5

I recently discovered this show on Crunchyroll even though I've been seeing gifs all over the net. It looked kinda dumb from far away, but the premise of torture and secrecy piqued my interest. Holy crap this turned out to be a cool and twisted watch so far. This is probably one of the better school animes in a while. Nakamura(?) is a seriously fucked up girl and I feel for the main character who is trying really hard to be a decent guy. Something about this show makes the inner HS version of me squeamish.
I'm just going to do my usual sampling of pretty much everything and see what sticks.
Who knows? We'll see if there are any surprises this season.
Already made my list for new stuff coming out this season

Magi
Teekyu 3
Gingitsune
YOZAKURA QUARTET: HANA NO UTA
Blazblue After Memory
Coppelion
KYOUKAI NO KANATA
Pupa
Samurai Flamenco
KYOUSOGIGA TV
GALILEI DONNA
Strike the Blood
Log Horizon
Hajime no Ippo Rising

I thought I could lower my expectations enough for Blazblue, but that gif says otherwise. I'm not going to expect much from Strike the Blood, Galilei Donna, Pupa or Log Horizon. Yozakura Quartet and Kyoukai no kanata are looking like animation spectacles though.

I was so hyped for Kill la Kill, but I can't deal with the uniform. Not gonna shit up the thread with this discussion either.
Thanks to Solune for showing me this:

aCxtnq6.gif
I doubt we're going to see any Ice Cars if this is anything to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom