• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

There were a couple slight errors with the earlier Summer 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales. I apologize, and will post the correct version both in the earlier post and here:
30,943 *4 Free! [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/11
12,384 *3 Brothers Conflict [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
10,982 *1 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G [DVD+BD]: 2013/10/02
*9,024 *1 High School DxD NEW [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*6,963 *2 Kiniro Mosaic [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*6,650 *3 Danganronpa: The Animation [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/28
*5,978 *1 Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/27
*5,473 *2 Kimi ni Iru machi [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*5,375 *3 Servant x Service [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
*4,667 *2 Love Lab [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/20
*3,902 *1 Choujigen Game Neptune [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*3,333 *1 Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*2,601 *1 Gin no Saji [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/18
*2,370 *1 Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/18
*2,110 *1 Uchouten Kazoku [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*2,072 *2 Rozen Maiden [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/30
**,932 *1 Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
**,908 *1 Fantasista Doll [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/20
**,809 *1 Genshiken Nidaime [DVDBOX+BD]: 2013/09/04
**,656 *1 Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
**,558 *1 Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/18
**,455 *1 Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/20
**,267 *1 Stella Jogakuin Kotouka C3-bu [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/18

No available data (below weekly thresholds):
**,*** *0 Blood Lad [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/27 (less than 630 BD / 829 DVD)
**,*** *0 Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! [DVD+BD]: 2013/10/02 (less than 1235 BD / 402 DVD)
Free's numbers were listed about 800 lower than they actually are, and Genei Taiyou and Kaminai were mistakenly omitted.

There were a couple slight errors with the earlier Summer 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales. I apologize, and will post the correct version both in the earlier post and here:

Free's numbers were listed about 800 lower than they actually are, and Genei Taiyou and Kaminai were mistakenly omitted.

How is Day Break Illusion so low? It will no doubt rise when the episodes feaure Cerebrum come out.

Free and Uta Pri are continuing to do so well. Unless there is a drop, and ignoring v1 of UtaPri2, I guess both are averaging nearly the same.

DokiDoki Precure - 32

So aguri solidified her place as second best precure for this show , by actually acting like she should and doing what she does best : lecturing people to straight them in the right path .. it would be great IF the new power-up also nullified a bit cure ace time limit because seriously , it's just lame.

New move was great, it's a shame that the efficiency of the move was not shown because mana woke up ....i hope it's not just a move to blind ennemies.

This sentence above could be read in so many ways but everyone know that all the characters are in love with mana ...

Mana sure is building her harem fast ...

It's not to blind enemies, it's to BIND enemies.

ALSO THE MIRACLE HAPPENED

Articalys

Remember how Zettai Karen Children mangaka Takashi Shiina loves to draw sketches for the birthdays of seiyuu that were in the ZKC anime? Well, Aya Hirano's birthday was today, and she voiced Kaoru, so...

https://twitter.com/Takashi_Shiina/status/387591697812578305
NJDjLJO.jpg

Non Non Biyori 1

That inaudible Tanuki whistle. This is even more chill than Gingitsune, which raises the question "do I really need more of that?". It was cute, amusing and had surprisingly nice visuals(except the dodgeball animation) so the answer is yes for now.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel 1

Made it through about half the episode before I turned it off. This is my nightmare.

/XX/

Those image responses would work even better if you returned to your previous Irisu avatar! :p

Stolen from the KLK thread:

Tennis? Is it Aim for the Ace! time? It really is a Dezaki-fest up in this.
Now I'm curious, I don't recall seeing a 'sumo' series directed by Mr. Dezaki, but... is there any?
One of the two-star uniform guys seemed to be a 'sumo' man.

Looks like whether we like it or not, KyoAni is going all in on Kanata.

Ep2 - Storyboard/Direction: Yasuhiro Takemoto, Animation Direction: Nao Naito
Ep3 - Storyboard/Direction: Noriyuki Kitanohara, Animation Direction: Shoko Ikeda
Ep4 - Storyboard/Direction: Yasuhiro Takemoto, Animation Direction: Chiyoku Ueno
Ep5 - Storyboard/Direction: Naoko Yamada, Animation Direction: Nao Naito
Ep6 - Storyboard: Tatsuya Ishihara & Taichi Ogawa, Direction: Taichi Ogawa, Animation Direction: Nobuaki Maruki

See, for me, the thing is I can look at that list and even after looking everyone up the only thing I can conclude is "yup, those are all directors/animators who work with KyoAni, all right." (with the exception of Takemoto who I note directed Hyouka/Disapperance, and Ikeda who was character design for everything Haruhi.) Doesn't tell me a damn thing about why it means they're going "all in".
Maybe because they really aren't, at least until their spiritual guide Yoshiji Kigami (A.K.A. "Ichirō Miyoshi", A.K.A. "Fumio Tada") enters the fray as well. :p

Midonin

I remember in the last AnimeGAF thread, some episode numbers were given out that had Gingitsune and Non Non Biyori at an odd 21 episodes... but DVD listings have confirmed both of them are only 12, which makes more sense.

I remember in the last AnimeGAF thread, some episode numbers were given out that had Gingitsune and Non Non Biyori at an odd 21 episodes... but DVD listings have confirmed both of them are only 12, which makes more sense.

Yeah, that list was bogus. It also had Yowamushi at 21 episodes, when it's now been confirmed to be 39.

duckroll

Maybe because they really aren't, at least until their spiritual guide Yoshiji Kigami (A.K.A. "Ichirō Miyoshi", A.K.A. "Fumio Tada") enters the fray as well. :p

He's probably working on something in the second half of the series when things supposedly go "really large scale" or whatever! :)

Well during cure ace scene , there was an intense light that Blinded everyone during few seconds.

Also the move named "Ace mirror flash" did not help.

But what it was used fr was to essentially keep him from moving.... which is exactly what the other's abilities basically are.

cnet128

Banned
I always assumed Symphogear didn't sell well at all and was funded by Nana Mizuki singles.

Ah, but the DVD/Bluray releases include limited OST CDs that are the only way to get your hands on some versions of the character songs. So the Mizuki Nana power could work in their favour too!

...This actually irritates me quite a bit, because it means that some awesome tracks don't get any release until the later anime volumes come out, which can take quite a while.

(Basically I'm talking about Edge Works of Goddess ZABABA, the duet version of Shirabe and Kirika's character songs, which is only available on the bonus CD for Volume 6, and so won't be available until March next year ;_;)

Summer 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

Still looks like Blood Lad probably sold the worse given by the cutoffs unless no one bought Watamoe or something, lol.

If this little *SPOILERIFIC* chart for Diabolik Lovers doesn't convince you to watch (or stay the fuck away from) it then I don't know what will.

What apparently missing from that is
Bestaility and Sacrifical Offerings of Girls from "the church" which are either used for Bloody Orgies or are given to the Boys to rape and torture (or are killed and become part of one's "doll" collection.)

gintamalaugh.gif

But what it was used fr was to essentially keep him from moving.... which is exactly what the other's abilities basically are.

you're playing with the words ...

1) it was the first use of the new power-ups except the finisher , so i had no idea at the time when i wrote my first sentence( that you've quoted )

2) cure ace new move do both ... during the scene , everyone was blinded ( monster , bad guy , regular humans ) except the cure themselves.

After watching ep 33 & 34 i get it that the new skills are to keep the ennemy in place , but each cure do that in their own way , calling ace new move a blinding move , is not wrong , just like you could call cure diamong new skill a spinning move. ( because that's what it does )

you're playing with the words ...

1) it was the first use of the new power-ups except the finisher , so i had no idea at the time when i wrote my first sentence( that you've quoted )

2) cure ace new move do both ... during the scene , everyone was blinded ( monster , bad guy , regular humans ) except the cure themselves.

After watching ep 33 & 34 i get it that the new skills are to keep the ennemy in place , but each cure do that in their own way , calling ace new move a blinding move , is not wrong , just like you could call cure diamong new skill a spinning move. ( because that's what it does )

But the actual effects of the moves are pretty much the same damn thing, that's the problem.

Tenumi

Banned
Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova: 01

...I'm sorry, I can't do it. RWBY is doing CG better than this, and that's by all means an amateur production. Dropped after half an episode.

Articalys

This is a neat structure they've set up for the Amagami SS and Amagami SS+ Blu-ray Box sets in Japan:

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/amagami/news/news.html#news201310090000

Basically, they're taking advantage of the omnibus format of the series and releasing the girls' story arcs in their complete form (each with their four episodes from SS and two from SS+), putting three in one box set and three in the other.

The "Christmas Pack" box, out on December 18, contains the arcs for Haruka, Kaoru, and Sae, along with the bonus Risa episode from SS. The "Valentine Pack", out on January 15 next year, will have the arcs for Ai, Rihoko, and Tsukasa, along with both bonus Miya episodes from SS and SS+, and will also have a bonus Valentine's picture drama. About 28000 yen for each box.

Kaiji S2 - Episode 1+2

Geez, Kaiji is just one unlucky guy. I never watched season 1 but I thought I'd just go into season 2. I never thought watching a group of people gambling would ever get me hyped, but I guess it's working.

I can't believe he
keeps losing but just keeps betting 3,000
. He needs to quit before he
loses it all

LayLa

Unbreakable Machine-Doll

was this show all CG as well? looked really bad.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 18

dat space battle awesomeness *salutes*

Tenumi

Banned
Unbreakable Machine-Doll: 01

Seems interesting, and the scenes that did use CG weren't horrendous like Arpeggio. I'll give it a couple of episodes to see if I like it enough to complete it.

Jex

I'm all for ambiguous ending but the the finale of Gatchaman CROWDS really felt like it was missing some massive chunks, doubly so after all the production issues throughout it (and the fucking recap in episode 11 which actually worked too damn well.) Maybe the announcement hinted on twitter is a Directors Cut, OVA, or even a Season Two.

… I need more Hajime-su so bad it hurts. :(

I'll explain it for you:

Things happened.

& Stuff.

& Things.

Genki girls were genki, is what I am trying to say.

cajunator

Banned
I'm all for ambiguous ending but the the finale of Gatchaman CROWDS really felt like it was missing some massive chunks, doubly so after all the production issues throughout it (and the fucking recap in episode 11 which actually worked too damn well.) Maybe the announcement hinted on twitter is a Directors Cut, OVA, or even a Season Two.

… I need more Hajime-su so bad it hurts. :(

Hajime is love. I miss her too.

If this little *SPOILERIFIC* chart for Diabolik Lovers doesn't convince you to watch (or stay the fuck away from) it then I don't know what will.

What apparently missing from that is
Bestaility and Sacrifical Offerings of Girls from "the church" which are either used for Bloody Orgies or are given to the Boys to rape and torture (or are killed and become part of one's "doll" collection.)

This is pretty insane. Its no Cross Days but its pretty berserk.

Unbreakable Machine-Doll - 01

Outside of the bad CG, I liked this. Yaya is a hnnggh monster, there's already a tsundere, and DAT YAYA VOICE.

Will Watch.

aaasaxsh8.gif

Embrace the duckroll future, for we can't escape it.

The show itself isnt too special but Yaya delivered. Oh my god does she deliver. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Her voice is goddess tier. I want to hug her until she squees.

BEST GIRL WON

It seems that people with taste exist after all.

i had lost faith in pools recently ..this result give me hope.

HELLO

HELLLO

Ruri is the only logical choice. Other than KYH.

Kaiji S2 - Episode 1+2

Geez, Kaiji is just one unlucky guy. I never watched season 1 but I thought I'd just go into season 2. I never thought watching a group of people gambling would ever get me hyped, but I guess it's working.

I can't believe he
loses it all

Don't skip the first season man.

Steroyd

Arpeggio of Blue Steel - Ars Nova - 01

My eyes... my beautiful eyes!!

Something about submarine ships being girls or something, why was this all cg, why!?

Unbreakable Machine-Doll - 01

Puppet wants to get into the puppeteer's pants, this type of thing that could get exhausting, but I'll see where this goes given how this episode ended.

Honorable mention from the weekend to idol girl wrasslin show, and a jousting anime which I think is a new one to me lol.

cnet128

Banned
neat little guide of the ones to watch out for this season
http://kotaku.com/your-complete-fall-2013-anime-guide-1442365336

So far the ones I've seen have been decent to ok. The one with the most potential, besides Kill La Kill, seems to be that Strike Blood anime. Though I'm watching like 75% of the stuff in the above list.

Anybody looking forward to Samurai Flamenco?

Kotaku missed a trick there. The single-sentence explanation of YuuShibu should have been a copypaste of the title.

Its going to be THE anime of the season.

Yep. The second they said it was from the Baccano/Durara guy my interest sky rocketed.

Just watched Kyoukai No Kanata (I missed it when it came out apparently). I.. like it. Reminds me a lot of Hyoukai in character design and personalities. As of right now I'm not sure if it's gonna turn into an action/romance or romance/harem story. Could go either ways depending on how they go.

Waiting for Blazblue to see the quality. Video game to anime adaptations have usually been bad but sometimes you get a decent one (GunGrave, at least before the supernatural bull).

I think what I'm looking forward the most in anime though, besides the upcoming Space Dandy, is the film by Urobutcher. I mean it has robots, a tsundere-looking character and a guy with a beard and a guitar. She will probably die though. Urobutcher knows when to kill.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Kaiji S2 - Episode 1+2

I can't believe he
loses it all
s1 is much better than s2.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I don't know if I'd go quite that far. I think that the underground dice arc has the best pacing of any Kaiji game, and the pachinko arc has the worst pacing of any kaiji game.
It's like 2/3 pachinko arc, though. It tips the scale pretty heavily.

Jarmel

Banned
Looks like whether we like it or not, KyoAni is going all in on Kanata.

Ep2 - Storyboard/Direction: Yasuhiro Takemoto, Animation Direction: Nao Naito
Ep3 - Storyboard/Direction: Noriyuki Kitanohara, Animation Direction: Shoko Ikeda
Ep4 - Storyboard/Direction: Yasuhiro Takemoto, Animation Direction: Chiyoku Ueno
Ep5 - Storyboard/Direction: Naoko Yamada, Animation Direction: Nao Naito
Ep6 - Storyboard: Tatsuya Ishihara & Taichi Ogawa, Direction: Taichi Ogawa, Animation Direction: Nobuaki Maruki

Yup, that look toku-inspired. Here's a YouTube link for anyone who happens to have any issues with the on-site video player.

See, for me, the thing is I can look at that list and even after looking everyone up the only thing I can conclude is "yup, those are all directors/animators who work with KyoAni, all right." (with the exception of Takemoto who I note directed Hyouka/Disapperance, and Ikeda who was character design for everything Haruhi.) Doesn't tell me a damn thing about why it means they're going "all in".

Well the major thing I got out of this is that Takemoto only directed one episode for each of the other KyoAni light novel series such as Chuu2 and Free. He's doing 2 out of the first 6. I'm hoping he's helping out Ishidate on the directing front and having a big influence.

It also stands out in sharp contrast compared to the episode directors/storyboarders for Free. Higher profile people such as Ishihara are working on it.

I'm sure Kigami is doing one in the backend. I would be kinda shocked if he wasn't.

What I'm getting out of this list is that they're trying their damndest on the visual front.

Kunagisa

Neo Member
Tokyo Raven 01

A lot better than I expected with Watanabe Natsuko doing the chara-design, whom I think tends to lolify everything a bit too much. Thankfully this didn't happen with the episode, if anything I think they bump up the cup size of all the girls by a letter at least. CG looks bearable at LQ stream, so I think it'll be fine. Really, really love the OP's style, though ED's clearly there to save money but I'm surprisingly ok with the integration and directing. Also, that dragon in the OP doesn't look like it's CG, which would be quite amazing if true. Will check it out again when I'm back at my PC I guess.

Looks like the 2 cour thing's confirmed after all (for total of 24 episodes) as well. I can finally genuinely get excited for this. Now if 2ch would just stop shitting up all the threads with Sugii Hikaru's retardation then everything would be perfect.

Just caught up with the last of the anime I'll be watching this season (besides those that haven't aired yet) with White Album 2

I gotta say, that was masterful. First series was dealing with an idol group and university so I didn't care much for that, besides the university part, but this one deals with a high school band. Male lead is the guitarist, and I'm actually kind of liking the music, even though I don't tend to like japanese pop/rock. Maybe it's the emphasis they had on the guitar so far.

It's apparently gonna eventually turn into melodrama, but if they do the rest of the episodes right about the love triangle I don't mind. As long as they keep the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom