• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who on earth after the op and end of the first episode thought this was going to be anything other then a shonen action series?

After seeing them waifus they could have (and did) fool me.

This is the same thing that happened with Eden of the East. The first episode and artstyle made it seem likee it was gonna be a weird romance anime, but then it turned into something that... admittedly was better.

BUT DEM WAIFUS :'(. I should have taken the hint when the main male protagonist looked like the guy from Medaka Box.

Oh well. At least I still have 70% of the current anime airing to fulfill my romance need.

cajunator

Banned
A good time watching Eureka Seven Astral Ocean is still worse than a bad time being gutted by a rusty nail. A good time watching Sword Art Online is still better than a bad time in a lengthy, vicious custody battle of attrition.

I wanna say Novid would not enjoy the comparison to Steam, but that's entirely too straightforward. Novid would say something way crazier, and I wish I could hear what that was.

But...but Elena Corvy kun.

Madoka Magika 10

This episode was just too good that I had to give it it's own solo reaction post!

So this episode goes into Homura's character arc and reveals her motivations (and past) in the show.
I had some Steins;Gate vibes here when it showed Homura going back in time repeatedly to find a way to save Madoka, just like S;G's Okabe trying to save Mayushi. When Madoka asked for Homura to prevent Kyubei from turning her to a Magical Girl I started to tear up and even more so when she stated that she didn't want to become a witch.

The time travel plot just relates so damn much to S;G but only restricted to one 'wordline'. Can't wait to see how the show implements this in the next three episodes. It was also great to see Mami and Kyouko back even if their stay was short. Just shows how their fates are also tied in altering the past/present.

And so Homura is now in a battle for second-best character with Madoka while bumping down Mami and Sayaka going for third due to this episode.

Episode 10 gave me that same vibe. It pretty much elevated the show to one of my favorite anime. That episode hit with the force of an atom bomb.

CorvoSol

But...but Elena Corvy kun.

The character whose hilarious amounts of foreshadowing amounted to literally nothing? Yeah, no thanks.

Attack on Titan 25

-Like I said, that church scene was stupid and something I suspect was written by the writer's fifteen year old son.

-The fight was pretty good.

-Dammit can Mikasa and Eren just fuck and get it over with?

-Where the fuck is Pixis and how was he not invited to Erwin's trial?

-I'll watch season 2, but on the grounds that I SINCERELY hope we get more Stohess and less fucking Trost.

Non Non Biyori 1

This was a pleasent and relaxing watch. One thing that bothered me though is that the girls just completely ignore the only other kid in the school. I know this is supposed to be a cute girls doing cute thing show and we can't have icky boys! But it seems like a jerk move to me to completely ignore the only other kid school.

Fate/Kaleid 1

That was ... surprisingly entertaining. I was a little put off at the voices / general attitude of a lot of the established characters (alternative universe blah blah) but the interactions between Rin and Ruby totally made the episode for me. Given the way some of the world mechanics are working I'm getting a bit of a Sailor Moon meets Card Captors with Fate Icing on top.

Will continue to watch ... on top of the mountain of other shows this fall.

cajunator

Banned
Fate/Kaleid 1

That was ... surprisingly entertaining. I was a little put off at the voices / general attitude of a lot of the established characters (alternative universe blah blah) but the interactions between Rin and Ruby totally made the episode for me. Given the way some of the world mechanics are working I'm getting a bit of a Sailor Moon meets Card Captors with Fate Icing on top.

Will continue to watch ... on top of the mountain of other shows this fall.

I love the smartassed magical wands and how they run away when their power is misused to find new owners.

CorvoSol

Inferno Cop 10

I would totally play a Zelda II/SMB1 style Inferno Cop. Also, I'm glad the chief called, 'cuz for a minute I worried Inferno cop had gotten off track there.

Inferno Cop 11

OH MY GOD. Evangelion and Full Metal Panic! references in an episode that mocks Evangelion so brazenly I can't even think of what to say.
Inferno Cop is a better Shinji Ikari than Shinji Ikari will ever be.

Syrinx

Infinite Stratos 6

Couldn't they have had Charles pretend to be a dude for a little while longer? It was better that way. I wanted to drink myself to death during the feeding scene. Seriously, where the fuck did that come from? The two of them actually worked pretty well as good friends and good roommates, but that just wasn't good enough, noooooooooooooooooooooo.

And yet it was still far less insufferable than the scenes involving Cecilia/Houki/the other one. That's how awful those scenes are.

So Laura is so loyal to her instructor that she wants to kill her brother? That makes no sense. Of course, I fully support her in her quest to get rid of the doofus, but don't you think that killing her brother might be something she doesn't want you to do?

Why am I doing this? How can I face my family if I continue to watch this show?

Madoka Magika 11

It's just a neverstopping bullet train of feels.

This episode really brings home the theme of the inevitability of fate/altering the timeline. Kyubei has definitely been established as the main antagonist but has the disposition of chaotic neutral, the embodiment of sentient life with no system of morals.

So it's this timeline in which Homura starts to lose hope and give into despair and this is multiplied tenfold as the ending came and Madoka showed up with Kybuei, just shoving the fact that Homura's efforts were all in vain and just drove things worse then they were originally.

I'm still wondering what Wa-something-nacht (can't remember the name if my life dependedon it) role in the story is. As things have progressed so far I really hope in something deeper and more in-depth than a stereotypical overpowered paper villain. Still thinking its Madoka-turned-witch form somehow.

BlazBlue 1

This was bad. It's extremly ugly with direction/writing that makes turns everything into unitnetional comedy. And the sound design seems to be, "hey let's play character themes as background music, even when people are talking."

In other words, it's a fighting game adaptation. And it might take Desu 2's crown for worse video game adaptation of the year.

cajunator

Banned
Infinite Stratos 6

Couldn't they have had Charles pretend to be a dude for a little while longer? It was better that way. I wanted to drink myself to death during the feeding scene. Seriously, where the fuck did that come from? The two of them actually worked pretty well as good friends and good roommates, but that just wasn't good enough, noooooooooooooooooooooo.

And yet it was still far less insufferable than the scenes involving Cecilia/Houki/the other one. That's how awful those scenes are.

So Laura is so loyal to her instructor that she wants to kill her brother? That makes no sense. Of course, I fully support her in her quest to get rid of the doofus, but don't you think that killing her brother might be something she doesn't want you to do?

Why am I doing this? How can I face my family if I continue to watch this show?

I actually own this on bluray. Think about it. I took time out of my life to order this schlock and pay additionally to have it delivered here. Its in my house on my shelf with far more respectable anime. I guess this makes me a bad person lol.

CorvoSol

Inferno Cop 13

There will never be a better anime made than this. I laughed, I cried, I felt for the heroes. Inferno Cop had such incredible character development over the course of the show! His relationship with the ill-fated Hellfire Boy was touching, endearing, and perhaps even sinister. Was it love or abuse? And the animation! Let all others take note, that this is truly the paragon of animation! Not a drop of shitty CG could be seen in this show! Everything was lovingly drawn 2D. Inferno Car, Mecha Cop, all were 2D!

My life will be empty now, without you, Inferno Cop!

Syrinx

I actually own this on bluray. Think about it. I took time out of my life to order this schlock and pay additionally to have it delivered here. Its in my house on my shelf with far more respectable anime. I guess this makes me a bad person lol.

Oh man I'm not even talking to you anymore.

Non Non Byori - 1

Good first episode. I really like the rural setting, as well as how much it's played up. Renge is probably my favorite so far of the cast.

Syrinx

Not hearing enough about Pika-tan from Syrinx. Obv not appreciating the deeper qualities of the show.

...Wh-wh-who the fuck is Pika-tan? Is that his friend's sister? Cause I don't like her. Or their green-haired teacher? I don't even know.

Then I guess you and I both are bad people :p.

Branduil

OT is having a bad run with anime threads lately. Well at least most people recognized Otaking's chart as the complete BS it is.

CorvoSol

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt 1

Mom and Dad can never know I watched this. It was raucous, raunchy, lewd, violent, hyper-active, low-brow and irreverent. And I must say, I really, really enjoyed it. Having seen a bit of Imaishi's work now, I really have to say Gurren Lagann is still the best. Obviously I'll keep watching both this and Revolutionary Gurren Lagann Utena, but so far I see better now why people had problems with the pacing in Kill la Kill. PSG here is really loud and break-neck, whereas TTGL definitely had moments that let you breathe a bit
such as that hang time in the Lagann after reaching the surface, Kamina and Yoko's kiss, etcetera.

But enough about TTGL.

This show kinda reminded me of a very, very twisted Power Puff Girls set up, and I'm cool with that. Garterbelt is one cool dude, too.

#TeamStocking.

Gazoinks

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt 1

Mom and Dad can never know I watched this. It was raucous, raunchy, lewd, violent, hyper-active, low-brow and irreverent. And I must say, I really, really enjoyed it. Having seen a bit of Imaishi's work now, I really have to say Gurren Lagann is still the best. Obviously I'll keep watching both this and Revolutionary Gurren Lagann Utena, but so far I see better now why people had problems with the pacing in Kill la Kill. PSG here is really loud and break-neck, whereas TTGL definitely had moments that let you breathe a bit
such as that hang time in the Lagann after reaching the surface, Kamina and Yoko's kiss, etcetera.

But enough about TTGL.

This show kinda reminded me of a very, very twisted Power Puff Girls set up, and I'm cool with that. Garterbelt is one cool dude, too.

#TeamStocking.

Hah, curious to see your opinions on this show going forward. Tbh, it's not the kind of humor I usually like, but I ended up liking PSG anyway for some reason.

Dresden

There was the phoenician_viking one that referred to madoka as "madoka and the white cat kyuubey" or something.

Medoka, actually.

In the past couple of years Japanese anime has taken a huge in animation and quality, and originality imo. The only original show that was great was Medoka (sp) and Kyuubi (the cat)

CorvoSol

Hah, curious to see your opinions on this show going forward. Tbh, it's not the kind of humor I usually like, but I ended up liking PSG anyway for some reason.

The idea of firing guns and using a sword to cleanse evil spirits of sins is not new. That these things are made of women's hosiery, and that pole dancing is used to call upon the power of Heaven, on the other hand, is just the kind of twisted I'd be ashamed to admit to thinking is hilarious, without triggering any kind of mental push back at the same time.

Jarmel

Banned
Medoka, actually.

How did he misspell Meduka?

meduka_meguca_by_flyingbaconbunny-d4qkwdv.png

cajunator

Banned
I don't even remember most of the music. And then you ordered that figurine and gave them even more money, smh.

It had Charles' character song. The french one.

This lovely maiden.

Her in a Sanya outfit is primarily savisu for Cajun.

Thank youuuuuu!

OT is having a bad run with anime threads lately. Well at least most people recognized Otaking's chart as the complete BS it is.

Otaking is full of shit in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom