• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yeah. I enjoyed it too.

This season is annoying me...too many shows that I find enjoyable, but not great and few shows that I tried and disliked. Too many to watch...so I'll have to cut shows that I thought were OK.

Also annoying is that no show stands above for me. Its pretty much 'oh its ok, watchable for now' stuff.

Give it time, it is rare for a show to be fuck yea awesome from episode one all the way through.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm planning on doing a longer writeup for the Patlabor TV series later but I just want to say the Griffon arc has been fantastic so far. Absolutely fantastic.

cajunator

Banned
I bet it's not even that smart. Doesn't even freeze when you try and play SAO probably.

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still 04

This episode... Manly tears shed.
Taiso noooooooooo! Alberto seemed so sad that his rival died. NOT LIKE THIS!
Roboooooooooooooooooooooo
We also learn
Dr. Franken Von Fogler's obvious identity.
Next episode sounds hyyyyyyyyyyyype

Lol. Nope. Its very dumb in that regard. But I dont use the apps because most of it is on the Ps3 or my computer.

jthGdxQ.jpg

Blazblue Alter Memory

Opening: Okay. Don't think I would listen to the song repeatedly.
Ending: Don't care for it.

Kinda doubt anyone whose never played the games is going to enjoy this adaption. They've basically spoiled alot of the stuff already in the first few minutes, not to mention the appearance of several key characters in the ending. Action is kinda bad, I'd like to hope it gets better or else I have the feeling if I want to see a decent fight, I'm better off popping in my copy of CT or CS and playing a match.

Had a taste of yandere Nu, which is always pleasant, and Hakumen being a straight up bamf. There's a reason why he's my third main and I'm hoping the anime doesn't ruin him.

The music is still ace but that's to be expected from the series.

Yowamushi Pedal Episode 1
tumblr_mubn1c6etG1r60zuio1_500.gif
tumblr_mubn5pGdUM1qic25lo1_500.gif

Shunsuke Imaizumi swiftly takes the lead of best character in a new sports anime premiere of Fall 2013. SO many good scenes and that devotion to cycling. Only criticism for this episode was that he just didnt get enough screentime. Why isnt he even on the club yet and all over the school with his skills. They need to get him fast. Also hilarious how he kept running into Sakamichi, hope he manages to get him to get interested in bikes beyond just going to Akiba.

Metrotab

Banned
Spice and Wolf - 3

I wonder what the merchant's gonna think once he finds out his fur is just of above-average quality. I thought Lawrence wanted to build up a trade relationship?

Horo is such a tease.

InuYasha 71

I totally was not expecting InuYasha vs Naraku this early in the series, not that we got to see a finale. Glad to see Onigumo back into Naraku again, his character was annoying me. Kagura is starting to annoy me, I wish her character would get whacked off sooner or later.

HUnter x HUnter - 99

Hunter%20X%20Hunter%20-%2099.jpg

Hype rising ...Fast ...

They really nailed the ending song ..So freaking good. i hope they will choose a good voice for komugi.

Damn i can't wait ....madhouse really did a freaking good job with this.

Theonik

Acchi Kocchi 01-02
This was very cute. Too cute almost.
Blue hair girl is also so fuwa fuwa and the previews almost killed me as well.
Comedy was I felt OK for the most part save for some clichés though it too early to tell whether they'll overuse that or not.
It was also relatively aesthetically pleasing. Nothing amazing but not bad either.
Oh god that ribbon scene btw.
Previews were pretty :cajun too.

Taruranto

Darker than Black - 6

WHYYYYYYYYY

Why does the show keep doing this? Why should I even bother trying to get invested into interesting characters with nice backstories
when the show is seemingly intent to kill them every 2 episodes?

Main cast and generally Hei gets nice development out of it, it's not Psycho Pass.

cajunator

Banned
Acchi Kocchi 01-02
Comedy was I felt OK for the most part save for some clichés though it too early to tell whether they'll overuse that or not.
It was also relatively aesthetically pleasing. Nothing amazing but not bad either.

This show is available on dvd from Sentai and called Place to Place. Tsumiki is completely adorable and the show makes you feel happy and awesome. It's a drug. Its MY drug.

InuYasha 72

Joke training filler episode was pretty bland, annoying filler protagonist for InuYasha to interact with combined with a lame monsters that wasn't a threat.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Acchi Kocchi 01-02

I'm pretty sure Tsumiki is the most :cajun character in all of anime.

Yeah. I enjoyed it too.

This season is annoying me...too many shows that I find enjoyable, but not great and few shows that I tried and disliked. Too many to watch...so I'll have to cut shows that I thought were OK.

Also annoying is that no show stands above for me. Its pretty much 'oh its ok, watchable for now' stuff.

I think Samurai Flamenco has the biggest chance of being the anime of the season. We just gotta wait and see.

Quasar

And my big trim starts (and my list is still to big).

Dropped:

Diabolik Lovers
Super Seisyun Brothers
Miss Monochrome
Kill la Kill
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita
Outbreak Company
Diamond no Ace
Meganebu
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta

Biggest week 1/2 trim ever for me. And some of those I enjoyed. Just too many to watch. Need to cut back more too, especially if I want to have Valvrave, Galilei Donna and Samurai Flamenco on the list.

And my big trim starts (and my list is still to big).

Dropped:

Diabolik Lovers
Super Seisyun Brothers
Miss Monochrome
Kill la Kill
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita
Outbreak Company
Diamond no Ace
Meganebu
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta

Biggest week 1/2 trim ever for me. And some of those I enjoyed. Just too many to watch. Need to cut back more too, especially if I want to have Valvrave, Galilei Donna and Samurai Flamenco on the list.

Why would you drop shows you enjoyed?

Quasar

I think Samurai Flamenco has the biggest chance of being the anime of the season. We just gotta wait and see.

Who knows...I was much more interested in Galilei Donna. At least in concept. The idea of that show intrigued me. I still don't really even know what the concept behind Flamenco is.

Quasar

Why would you drop shows you enjoyed?

I have a limited amount of time and more shows that I like that I can handle. Even with that list of dropped shows my watch list is at 16. And that's still to many. I need to get it down to maybe 12. So that means after Valvrave, Galilei Donna and Samurai Flamenco starts, I'll have to cut another 6-7 shows.

Theonik

Tiger and Bunny 01-03
I'd watched the first episode before but had to now watch the first 3.
I still don't like the mechanical desgns like at all and find issues with many other aspects of the designwork of this show.
That being said it wasn't really that big a deal. I might actually get used to them over time and I find the actual chemistry so far to be working very well. Especially between the 2 titular characters and it seems really good at pacing itself too.
The scene with the flashback to Tiger's youth and parallel with the statue controlling youngster was executed quite well.
I also really like the ordinary hero angle this show has going on. Product placement is kind of a hit and miss for me. On one hand it sort of fits with the show thematically. On the other they could get that point across without giant Pepsi ads on the characters. But I guess $$$.
Also I laughed so hard every time Blue Rose used her catchphrase. So catchy/cheesy.

Yeah, you can always put shows on hold and then return to them when you have some spare time (maybe during a down week, or during winter/summer seasons where there usually isn't a whole lot to watch).

Quasar

Just watch a manageable number of shows weekly, 5 at maximum, and if there are other shows you want to watch you can put them on a list to watch later after they're over. That's my philosophy.

Later is part of the problem. There's no part of the year when there isn't new anime to watch so I can catch up. Its like a Steam account. The shows pile up faster than I can whittle them down. Because of that my onhold+plan to watch list is like 90.

Quasar

I know that feel. Lately I've been keeping up with maybe 3-4 shows a season.

Oh I can manage more than that given they are 20 minutes a piece. I can spare maybe an hour most nights for home entertainment (be it watching, reading, listening or playing something).

Later is part of the problem. There's no part of the year when there isn't new anime to watch so I can catch up. Its like a Steam account. The shows pile up faster than I can whittle them down. Because of that my onhold+plan to watch list is like 90.

My lists are much longer than that. But that's OK. Trying to keep up with everything is a fool's errand. Just watch what you want when you want. If you only watch what's currently airing, you're doing yourself a disservice.

InuYasha 73

SOLD MY DAUGHTER!

Literally the women sold her half demon daughter to demons to keep them from attacking the village, and that worked so well...

End of the episode was hype, team InuYasha vs an entire clan of demon bats.

Every time I heard them use the word demon bats I kept thinking of Eyeshield 21, I need to finish reading that soon.

Quasar

My lists are much longer than that. But that's OK. Trying to keep up with everything is a fool's errand. Just watch what you want when you want. If you only watch what's currently airing, you're doing yourself a disservice.

Whilst true, a big part of my enjoyment is being part of the discussion week to week that you only get with current shows. Its the same reason why just marathon shows from DVD (or netflix) doesn't really work for me (be they anime or western made TV shows).

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Infinite Stratos S2 1

Laura x Charlotte HNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. That's all that counts here. I mean, Ichika is still giving a neutron star a run for it's money in the density category, Charlotte is still the best girl, and the harem antics are beyond overdrive. Honestly I think it's even dumber than season one so far. But was anyone really expecting something more at this point? I mean seriously.

Golden Time 1

This is actually pretty damn enjoyable. I can definitely feel the Toradora! writer peaking through it all. It's pretty humorous and the music fucking sweet (thought I don't know if blues-y guitar-and-Hammond-organ music is totally great fit when they use it, even if it pretty good). Though I don't see really the Taiga-Koko comparison as much as I see a Yasuko-Koko comparison.

I'm definitely gonna keep watching.

Boku no Pico 1

So, umm, this is a thing. And I watched it.

Whilst true, a big part of my enjoyment is being part of the discussion week to week that you only get with current shows. Its the same reason why just marathon shows from DVD (or netflix) doesn't really work for me (be they anime or western made TV shows).

I mean if that's the case you should be picking the biggest shows to watch because those will bring the most discussion. I understand that desire to discuss shows as they air with people. Still I've been doing a marathon of InuYasha mostly to catch up with Toonami, yet I usually get a few people to respond to my post about the show and it's over 10 years old.

Tokyo Ravens 01

A pretty good adaptation of the manga so far. Pretty spot-on with everything which makes it pretty enjoyable seeing it all animated.
Seeing what Hokuto says really makes shades a whole new light on the later events of the series.
Natsume's voice a lot higher pitch than I thought it would be but that's ok.

I rather like the OP, the music and the animation itself. The ED is pretty slow but works as an ED.

Of course, I had a good laugh when suddenly there were CG cars running in and they even topped it off with a CG robot.

Tokyo Ravens 1

Opening: Love it. Will wait for the full version, even though it might be one of those that sound terrible.
Ending: Pleasantly nice.

In less than 24 hours, I bare witness to another show using horrible CG. Except this somehow manages to look much, much worse, than the use in Unbreakable Machine-Doll.

That's pretty disappointing considering its the only negative I have about on an otherwise really solid episode.

No surprise with the screenshots that I already love Touji. Guy looks and acts like such a bro; if he has a lot of screentime than I'm going to be very happy. Harutora is okay, I'll give him a few more episode before I decide to warm up to him or not. Hokuto and Natsume both look very cute, would not mind either one of them being with Haru since they both clearly have feelings for him.

Syrinx

Diabolik Lovers 2

So I didn't read wonzo's post, but apparently this show is supposed to be even more depraved and fucked up than it already is, and I'm honestly a bit morbidly curious. But anyway, this show is already pretty damn fucked up. But I have to admit, I laugh just a little bit every time I hear "bitch-chan". I don't know why, it just sounds so damn ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom