• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansoku

Kyoukai no Kanata - 2
Okay, this episode was much better. The fight scene was gorgeous. I'm warming up to the characters, although as others have said, there's the inconsistency with Mirai. It doesn't bother me too much, but I can't deny it is there. After the ending "revelation"
that she killed someone
I feel that they were going for a "cute extroverted girl, that tries to be anti-social because of regret of something she has done". But she "struggles" way too much to do that. It ends up half the time a perfect description of who she really is and the other half the perfect description of who she is trying to be.

Overall, I'm happy that it's at least moving (a little) away from Monogatari. If they fix Mirai it's going to be a better ride.

Also the mom was completely unnecessary

EDIT:
I'm loving KnK. There you go I said it. But it's the type of show I like: interesting mythology, balance of comedy and serious business, good animation.

Hyouka's plot, animation, dialogue and characters was enough to keep me invested even though I went in expecting more romance.

Kyoukai no Kanata has the animation down, but the characters nd dialogue have been pretty bad so far. Not to mention the plot hasn't even truly started (I hope). So if either of those isn't fixed they'll have an ok anime in their hands, but not a Hyouka.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Liking elements is not the same as liking the show itself though, most seem to want to like it, or like certain things but not the whole package.

BWKQyEUIMAA6TBC.png

:(

If Tanigawa are actually there, I will go to that booth! I need confirmation that it's an auto-biography of both of them!

CorvoSol

There are people in my first impressions piece of Kill la Kill talking about how offensive and terrible Gurren Lagann is.

I can get it not being your cup of tea, but offensive?

WHO AM I? WHAT IS THIS WORLD.

People sat down and discussed how racist Zelda was the other day. These days, I just kinda shrug off the extremely inflated opinions I see expressed, and then inflate my own.

Oh, speaking of totally not kosher approved portrayals of women, though, guess which game I bought today, guys?

CODE OF PRINCESS.

I can't decide if it's trying to pander most to SDBurton, or to Chet Rippo.

It doesn't just require effort per se, it requires the willingness and ability to make major changes to the source material to salvage the usable ideas in it and ditch the rest. Irie with Code:Breaker is a good example.

There really aren't any notable changes to C:B until the last few episodes, and in my opinion, they made things worse prior to that (the thing with the politician and his daughter was even MORE rageworthy for me).

yami4ct

Coppelion 02

Ok, officially kind of in love with this show. Great sci-fi mixed with a really great sense of emotion. The individual story the told in this episode was really well thought out and pushed all the right buttons emotionally. The continued expansion of the overall story also seems to be going to some really interesting places.

If this show can keep delivering individual stories like this one and really hit the points of overarching plot it seems to be going for, this already has AOTY potential for me.

NouKome 01

The premise is kinda cool, but the execution of this show wasn't. Doing a 5 minute pseudo-documentary on the history of choices wasn't not something they should have bother with.

I'll admit the whole sequence at the start before the OP was great but after that it just flatline with whatever classroom banter they were doing that I wasn't interested in.

Shergal

Kyokai 2
I dunno, I feel having a swords-woman fight a smallish monster doesn't make for the best action sequences. The directing was certainly competent and the movements were top-notch (Kigami was somewhere in there), but there's not much you can do with the material in terms of choreography, weight or scale. I know it's just the second episode but still.
I also didn't care much for the amount of effects cluttering up the screen, could stand to be a bit more subdued. I guess this is just my personal preference, I didn't hate the fight or anything.

Episode looked good throughout, the storyboard is not among Takemoto's best efforts but still solid. I don't have anything to say regarding the story, dialogue or characters because I agree with the general consensus.

Why the fuck are there video ads on NeoGAF? It's not just that it's distracting and loud, but it plays on an endless loop while trying to post.

InuYasha 78

Miroku and Sango episode was really cute, though I think Miroku gets it by going for dat ass

Quasar

Coppelion 2 - I really liked this episode. A nice little emotional episode that filled in some background details and showed that the protagonists are indeed teenage girls. Though is shooting a dart with medicine to help people, thereby puncturing their hazmat suit a good idea?

Kyoukai no Kanata - was OK I guess. Got a bit bored by the drawn out fight. New characters more interesting and it setup a bit about what the Yomou are. Mirai gets less interesting for me as the show goes. Scene with mum was best scene.

yami4ct

Why the fuck are there video ads on NeoGAF? It's not just that it's distracting and loud, but it plays on an endless loop while trying to post.

Between sometimes getting those absolutely terrible full page redirect ads and the video ones, GAF is getting out of control with its advertising. Hope the pull back a bit.

BlazBlue: Alter Memory 1

Well, this seems like a serviceable adaptation so far. The less-than-impressive animation and not-exactly-inspired usage of the BGM is a little disappointing, but it's moving through the material at a pleasantly brisk pace, and the charm of the characters is coming across.

What I do wonder is where exactly they're planning to take the narrative. In this episode, they seemed to be covering the main events of Calamity Trigger while adding in extra bits of Hazama gloating in the background, but I have my doubts that they're going to just stick with Calamity Trigger material for the whole series. Hell, they could probably finish off Calamity Trigger's main plot within one more episode if they wanted to (though I figure they'll go for at least one more loop, if only for the sake of having some scenes in Orient Town and introducing Litchi, Arakune, Bang and Tager...oh, and Carl, we still need to meet him).

There's also the interesting fact that a number of characters appear in the ending sequence who aren't present in Calamity Trigger at all (Platinum, Relius, the freaking Imperator...) which further seems to indicate that they're going to either carry on past CT into CS material, or take things off in some kind of new direction. If we get to see animated Platinum, this will make me very pleased. Luna da bes. Also means more chance of Makoto content (though if I'm honest, I'd prefer they cover some of the academy flashbacks from CT than jump straight to present-day Makoto).

Either way, as a big BlazBlue fan, I'm going to be sticking with this one all the way regardless of how it turns out. It's enjoyable just seeing the characters animated outside of a fighting game context (limited though that animation may be). At the very least, it's sure to be better than Danganronpa =p
Well if they want to do justice to the Blazblue game they need to do at least 3 loops ..the final loop is a one in a lifetime chance and they do need to show that ..not to mention that they need to introduce , litchi , bang , arakune , carl and possibly explain about the world with stuff like flashbacks.
I doubt we'll go on Continium shift territory , really ..

HxH 99

I don't remember this part from the manga, but it's probably because of how dull it is. Previously we saw Killua and the Spiders owning, and now it's Gon's turn for some action and he just spent an entire episode struggling against two weaklings. In a way I appreciate the fact that Gon is still terribly weak, but to have most of the episode focused on this fight was disappointing. However, next week, judging from the preview, looks like it's gonna be jumping into the better stuff.

Also, they changed the ED (finally), in preparation for the next part of the arc. I'm still hoping they will eventually change the OP.
Gon was struggling only because he didn't want to go all out .if he took care of one , then the other would have alerted more leading to more trouble , their goal is after all the king and getting caught/spotted is not good.That's why gon was forced to not use most of his arsenal.

I always thought she looked cooler in her Undine toon than her Aincrad look.

I feel the same... i do hope we'll see her alternative ALO account one day ...

Narag

Between sometimes getting those absolutely terrible full page redirect ads and the video ones, GAF is getting out of control with its advertising. Hope the pull back a bit.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. It's happened to me a couple of times tonight.

IIRC those kind of ads occasionally sneak into rotation. They're not supposed to be there and usually a PM to the right people will get them removed from rotation.

yami4ct

IIRC those kind of ads occasionally sneak into rotation. They're not supposed to be there and usually a PM to the right people will get them removed from rotation.

Good to know it's not intentional. Know sites don't have full control over the ads that are posted, so I can definitely understand if that's the case. Will make a note of the ad the next time I see one and let the right people know.

Defuser

Noukom ep 1

Not so bad as I thought except for that terrible documentary about choices.

The poor motherfucker, having riddled with omni choices of bad selection.

InuYasha 79

Boring filler, rock paper scissors, bad comedy, rin being kidnapped by Kagura... wait WHAT?! Surprise canon at the end of filler looks like Sesshomaru is going to have a reason to fight Naraku now

fertygo

People sat down and discussed how racist Zelda was the other day. These days, I just kinda shrug off the extremely inflated opinions I see expressed, and then inflate my own.

Oh, speaking of totally not kosher approved portrayals of women, though, guess which game I bought today, guys?

CODE OF PRINCESS.

So when you gonna watch Hyouka?

Defuser

Kyoukai no Kanata ep2

Action and animation are great but the direction is still terrible. And that catgirl Mom.....I thought Kyoani is above than that but then I realized they made Chunnibyou.

Syrinx

Spice and Wolf II 8

Holo seemed a lot more lighthearted in this episode. She was laughing a lot more than usual. And Lawrence was plaing along with her.

Well anyway, that cloaked woman is shady. I feel like I'm supposed to know who it is. She has similar hair to Nora, but her eyes looked different.

CODE OF PRINCESS.

Probably SDBurton with all things considered.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The eternal question: Would you rather have gunpla nerd mom or cat girl cosplay mom?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Saikano 1

This main male character is beyond butt ugly, holy shit. Actually, everyone in this show is kinda poorly drawn.

But the setting is pretty cool. Almost had me thinking it was gonna be by-the-numbers school romance.

Can I get more of that baller guitar solo rock soundtrack please? Thanks in advance.

Dresden

The eternal question: Would you rather have gunpla nerd mom or cat girl cosplay mom?

Gunpla nerd mom: Misato in alternate universe; has Ramba Ral's admiration; a genuwine tough mom because moms are tough

Cat girl cosplay mom: forced moe; kyoanus shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom