• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Kill la Kill 3

Good fight scene.

Still not quite sure why Aikuro gradually disrobes during exposition scenes with Ryuko.

of course Junketsu would be even more... risqué than Senketsu.

Mako and her family continue to be hilarious.

more pls

right? She's so good.

She is absolutely adorasquee. She really is a taller Taiga. DAT BLUSH

Tenumi

Banned
...Well, looks like it was quite a night here.

Yes! Pretty Cure 5 Go Go: 06

High heels on stair wings must be pretty painful, but I can't imagine that a passenger compartment in one's back feels great, either.

That sentence sounds ridiculous out of context, doesn't it? Yet it's exactly what happened...

cnet128

Banned
Kiniro Mosaic season 2 confirmed via Twitter.

AW HELLS YEAH.

This is DTL you are replying to you know...

Yes, I know. I just occasionally feel like somebody needs to call him out on his shit, particularly when he's offering advice to people who may not know better. And that particular statement seemed pretty ridiculous even after considering the usual DTL reality filters.

That would require buying a Vita, which I will not do.

Poor cajun, missing out on such a delicious hardware (that occasionally even has software).

Narag

Kill La Kill 3

k9P7VVql.png

khPtZUkl.png

Mako really is this show's saving grace.

cajunator

Banned
AW HELLS YEAH.

Yes, I know. I just occasionally feel like somebody needs to call him out on his shit, particularly when he's offering advice to people who may not know better. And that particular statement seemed pretty ridiculous even after considering the usual DTL reality filters.

Poor cajun, missing out on such a delicious hardware (that occasionally even has software).

I dont really see anything Id be missing out on. Kinda wanted Gravity Daze solely because Kat is a miracle, but the game didnt play like I was hoping it would. Other than that I didnt see much there.

Theonik

This is so going on my WAOTY list for this year.
Wrastlin' anime of the year isn't a really hard title to attain when it's probably the only one competing!
RIP Kickheart.

Love Lab 1-13

What a really nice show. Funny, cute, charming.
The only slight disappointment is that there was no
make-up sex between Maki and Riko
in the last episode.
That's what doujins are for.

In DTL terms "They don't know what it wants to be" refers to having bishounen characters such as the teacher, sports club dude and maybe the guy with the blue beatles cut on one hand (good characters) and focusing on Ryuuko (useless female character) nothing has changed!

BluWacky

Kill La Kill 3

Mako really is this show's saving grace.

Mako encapsulates everything good and bad about Kill La Kill (except the fanservice, I suppose). Pretty much every scene she's in has her doing something that requires extraordinarily good animation, and yet I still find her fairly irritating :p

cajunator

Banned
Mako encapsulates everything good and bad about Kill La Kill (except the fanservice, I suppose). Pretty much every scene she's in has her doing something that requires extraordinarily good animation, and yet I still find her fairly irritating :p

There is nothing bad about Kill La Kill.

yes! the manga is one of my fav pieces of speculative fiction ever. there seems to be this type of writing in Japan that i can only describe as a "happy dystopia" - humanity is dying out but there are blue skies, with no wailing or moaning from the people still alive (see also Humanity Has Declined). I can't think of any Western equivalent.

also worth checking out is Kabu no Isaki by the author of YKK, it's quite similar in feel and is about people who fly delivery planes in a Japan where distances are ten times bigger than in reality.
Humanity Has Declined was one of my favorites from last year and I'll definitely check out the author's other work. There's just something about these kinds of settings that I really love.

Kiniro Mosaic season 2 confirmed via Twitter.

OH MY... GOD.

I hate to dash hopes, but according to Yuniko Ayana (scriptwriter for Kiniro Mosaic), the second season Twitter account was apparently a random hoax and nothing's actually been announced.

https://twitter.com/unicococ

FUCK.

fertygo

She's the comic relief counterbalance to the silly overly serious melodrama going on. Unfortunately she gets dialed up to 11 since everything else already is.

What melodrama, two girl arguing why they wear spandex in fight? I need more of that then.

Hyoukokun

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
I think this did its job of making me want to read the manga rather well.
Go read it! It's pretty great all around: wonderful characters, artwork, and setting. I too strongly suspect it was one of the inspirations behind Sora no Woto, not just in terms of setting but in terms of the philosophy of the characters.

It's a damned shame that it will probably never get licensed in the US; I'd grab the whole series in a heartbeat. (Though this does remind me that the author has a new series going that I should check up on...)

Magi S2 - Episode 3

Ok, so this was a really great episode. It was really light-hearted and it was your normal "about to go on a journey so it's time to fool around" part of a shounen show.
First off I think this is the epitome of what "being thirsty" is
iP4uu7oppfn97.gif

Lol Alibaba was so great in this episode.
Next episode is going to be grerat, I'm expecting a lot of action. Hopefully since they're all
going on a separate journey, we'll be following all 4 of them instead of just Aladdin
. I usually hate the One Piece way of story where you follow certain strawhats around, but in this predicament I really like it.

Lastly, I'm expecting lots of Morgiana x Hakuryu from now on because of this episode. Also, no more montages! I would have loved to see Alibaba vs Aladdin or Alibaba vs Hakuryu :(

Nafe

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

I think this did its job of making me want to read the manga rather well. Alpha, an android who is real pretty lady is in charge of a cafe in what seems to be a somewhat post-apocalyptic (the closest thing I can think of is Sora no Woto-eqsue) setting does miscellaneous things in this world. It's a real pleasant watch that really plays off of the scenery and the sounds of the environment rather than music, which is only a slight disappointment since Choro Club is wonderful, but sometimes silence really is golden and YKK truly proves that sentiment. I'll probably watch the other OVAs that were made a few years later in the next couple of days, and if you like stuff like Aria you should probably do the same!

For SDBurton: Apparently this is how androids send messages to each other.

I just watched the first two OVAs and was just about to post about it as well,haha. I was even going to use at least the second picture there.

I was going to start off by saying that I wasn't sure if anyone remembered or not but about a couple of years ago -Minsc- had posted about this post apocalyptic slice of life type show called Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. It caught my attention that I wanted to watch it but never got around to it until now.

I like how through the visuals you can tell it's some type of post apocalyptic setting but it's not some really dark show or about a war or anything of that nature. Instead it's a very calming, relaxed pace more slice of life show where people are actually cheerful and it has this very mono no aware type atmosphere to it.

I quite liked it for the reasons you mention, with it being more of a "show don't tell" and it does this through very atmospheric scenery and sound. The scene where the second screenshot you posted comes from was really beautiful.

Haha, the data scene there it looked like Alpha was expecting more of a letter message and she replied about it being more direct and pointed to her mouth. At first I thought she meant she was verbally told a message and she was to verbally relay it back. When she repeated it a second time and Alpha seemed a bit hesitant I thought Oh.Oooh, I get it,haha.

I'd like to watch the second set of OVAs and probably take a look at the manga as well if I can.

I'd also like to thank -Minsc- for bringing this to my attention in the first place. I quite liked it, thanks for mentioning it. :)

Like many other fanboys, I like to believe that YKK and Aria exist in the same timeline. lol
Also I forgot about the whole "data port" thing. lol

I was going to ask if you had seen the OVAs yet. If you hadn't then I'd recommend them as they seemed right up your alley.

Meganebu! Episode 3
tumblr_muz744giee1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_muz744giee1qbxqfpo2_500.png

I love how they give us these scenes
and then the bath scene and being on top of Soma in bed, and sleeping together
but can still tell a really moving and emotional story. Probably will be the most memorable episode in terms of story unless they can tell such other stories as we progress.

The night scenes always look good and stylish with the really detailed and intense reflections on the building, the light glare? and the really starry skys, dusk scenes too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was going to ask if you had seen the OVAs yet. If you hadn't then I'd recommend them as they seemed right up your alley.

Yeah, the Aria wiki entry mentioned the YKK manga, so that's how I found out about it a few years ago.

I had no idea there was a second set of OVAs though. I wonder how I missed that.

Nafe

It's because I have some time off! Expect me to disappear again Monday. I really need to get a new job.

That's too bad. It was just like old times,haha.

Yes, I know. I just occasionally feel like somebody needs to call him out on his shit, particularly when he's offering advice to people who may not know better.

He might just whine about you doing that on twitter then. That and playing this annoying innocence routine claiming he's done nothing wrong and some stupid being "oppressed" for his opinions BS.

Yeah, the Aria wiki entry mentioned the YKK manga, so that's how I found out about it a few years ago.

I had no idea there was a second set of OVAs though. I wonder how I missed that.

I think I'm going to like Aria when I get around to it then,haha. I think I might take a look at Humanity has Declined first though just because it's shorter I think.

Yeah, there were a couple OVAs that came out around 1998 and then another two that came out about 2002.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
So in Japanese wrestling, your gym will let you loose 50 straight times before some constrictive criticism and training? Either that of someone is a shifty writer... wonder which one it is 😃

That and playing this annoying innocence routine claiming he's done nothing wrong and some stupid being "oppressed" for his opinions BS.

Why would that even need to be brought up, Ive never felt that way here towards any members. That is a bit unfair and not even painting the full picture, surely it isnt wrong to feel oppressed when twitter people insult you personally and insult you for liking or disliking a different reason than they do, even calling one mentally ill and diseased...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I did see Star Trek Into Darkness five times in theaters. Where does that rank me? :p
:(

Already confirmed as hoax
Fake twitter account?

I think I'm going to like Aria when I get around to it then,haha. I think I might take a look at Humanity has Declined first though just because it's shorter I think.

Yeah, there were a couple OVAs that came out around 1998 and then another two that came out about 2002.
Aria is still my favourite anime! Watch it!

So in Japanese wrestling, your gym will let you loose 50 straight times before some constrictive criticism and training? Either that of someone is a shifty writer... wonder which one it is 😃
In Japanese wrestling, wrestlers constantly fight against an invisible wrestler. lol
(It's actually amazing to watch, because it shows you how hard you have to work when you are literally wrestling yourself and throwing yourself around the ring).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom