• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

I just want more

Frqrmr5.jpg

please help.

LayLa

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

I think this did its job of making me want to read the manga rather well.

yes! the manga is one of my fav pieces of speculative fiction ever. there seems to be this type of writing in Japan that i can only describe as a "happy dystopia" - humanity is dying out but there are blue skies, with no wailing or moaning from the people still alive (see also Humanity Has Declined). I can't think of any Western equivalent.

also worth checking out is Kabu no Isaki by the author of YKK, it's quite similar in feel and is about people who fly delivery planes in a Japan where distances are ten times bigger than in reality.

-Minsc-

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

I think this did its job of making me want to read the manga rather well. Alpha, an android who is real pretty lady is in charge of a cafe in what seems to be a somewhat post-apocalyptic (the closest thing I can think of is Sora no Woto-eqsue) setting does miscellaneous things in this world. It's a real pleasant watch that really plays off of the scenery and the sounds of the environment rather than music, which is only a slight disappointment since Choro Club is wonderful, but sometimes silence really is golden and YKK truly proves that sentiment. I'll probably watch the other OVAs that were made a few years later in the next couple of days, and if you like stuff like Aria you should probably do the same!

For SDBurton: Apparently this is how androids send messages to each other.

This is one of these series I have a hard time seeing someone not liking.

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 33

Never noticed how blatently Miyotismon executing Pumpkinmon and Rockmon got censored into 'imprisonment'

Digimon Adventures 34

Gatomon really sells suddenly developing a tragic backstory out of nowhere. And Wizardmon!

Digimon Adventures 35

Oh man, now I remember why the Tokyo Arc is so good. Not only do they have a whole bunch of plot events occuring as Miyotismon makes his move, they manage to fit it all into... the Tokyo TV station? Or something? ...and get Palmon to get to her ultimate digievolution as well

Digimon Adventures 36

Kairi really is like the 'ultimate good' of the whole series

Stulaw

Oh wait a minute... I'd happily read a manga even! At this point, I don't care how the story comes to me (save for 3D animated feature-length film) at this point.

Any solid info on this?

The original Manga ended last year, along with Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, their stories go along side each other and everything sort of makes sense if you read them both. Unfortunately neither made their endings in anime form.

There is however, xxxHolic Rei which is ongoing at the moment though.

mAcOdIn

Episode 3 was fun enough that through the second half of the episode, I didn't mind the downgrades they made this season. Also the reward the girls were being offered was enough that even in S1 they might have acted like this... that part was different from the many stupid "and then one of the girls hits Ichika" things they've added into this season (and which, again, in S1, only China ever did).
To me it's like the series has finally gone off the rails. All the idiocy of the series which was kept in moderation in the first season has been cranked up to 11, which could actually be amazing if this was a giant robot action show but sadly this is a shitty harem. What's that you say, this is a giant robot show? Huh. Who knew? Maybe they should break reality more with the giant robots and have them piledriving each other and firing macross missile bursts and shit instead of wasting their time firing shots in a classroom and making interdimensional auditoriums that comprise of more space inside than the outside complete with Indiana Jones style traps and secret passages while seeing how dumb they can make characters that some fans will still relate to as characters.

My main question to you though was more along the lines of "if you think that this is worse than how the show was before why the hell did you wish for this instead of wishing it to go back to how it was before?!" It's a very weird thought process. Like if you were in a relationship and it started to go sour would you wish for it to really get bad or go back to being good? Here you wish for the worst, it makes no sense.
Yeah, no. Even ignoring everything else, it's better than episodes 1 or 2 of IS S2, and it's better than ep. 11 of S1 as well...
No.
I noticed that not only has A Black Falcon returned to post in the thread but so has mAcOdIn. Even Lafiel watched and commented on Infinite Stratos!
It's because it's just a pretty good season overall with many shows to talk about? Nonsense! It's clearly the power of Infinite Stratos and it being AnimeGaf's "favorite" show. ;p
It's because I have some time off! Expect me to disappear again Monday. I really need to get a new job.

Natsume Yujincho
Way too bland, imo. The characters, the plots, most can be described as "weak". This type of series need of a strong, interesting direction and characters and it doesn't reach that level.

Watch Mushishi if you want supernatural dealing in episodic form, or Aria if you want soothing SoL.
I kinda agree but kinda don't. True none of the plots are really amazing but I actually think that's the show's strength, the normalcy of it all. Mushishi is good too though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ace of the Diamond Episode 3:

Right, I wanted to like this one, I really did, but the SHONEN EMOTIONS are just too much for my tastes and I don't even care about Baseball that much, this show is being sent back to the minor leagues.

Golden Time 3

Good character development, funny storyline for the episode.

NEVER CALL A WOMAN SOME OTHER WOMAN'S NAME AAAAAAAAAAA

so I guess I should watch Toradora?

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 37

Angewoman with that last second deus ex machina. But needed a wizardmon sacrifice to do it :(

what an epic boss battle.

Digimon Adventures 38

Izzy was probably the first happily adopted character I ever saw on TV.

/edit holy fuck this show had a 666 'hour of the beast' reference. Damn.

Theonik

buy a mac
Install Gentoo with the Awesome wm.

I'm pretty sure Kill la Kill knows exactly what it wants to be.
Da fuck? No. Its exactly the show it wants to be. It is exactly what I was expecting (and hoping) it would become. Trigger absolutely nailed it.
This is DTL you are replying to you know...

Note: In DTLspeak having the hero lose is an "elementary writing mistake"
This is only true if the character is female though as in the DTL verse this constitutes a violation of the 'useless female law' which doesn't exist for male shounen characters.

Valvrave the Liberator 2-6

Good times, good times. When you've got moments like these that you can go back to and enjoy just as much the second time around as the first, you know you've got a classic on your hands.
You are reminding me of all those early VVV moments with your post. Thanks for that. Truly classic!

Pants have no place in this new world without shame.
Strike Witches truly has paved the path into the future!

Not quite. The tone would be largely the opposite, but he would still be complaining about elementary writing mistakes. DTL can't stand his protagonists losing regardless of what gender they are.
No because look at the above. DTL would be perfectly OK if the protagonist was a male that had to get stronger with the power of friendship.

Arguing about whether one anime is better than another is like arguing whether one type of fried chicken is healthier than another. Or maybe soda brands. Lol.
Coca-Cola >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pepsi. Dr. Pepper is p. good as well.

oh yeah forgot about this stuff

Takane no Jitensha

Beautiful little show that gave me a loose Labyrinth vibe. I should clarify as I meant that thematically rather than setting.
Now I really feel Takane no Jitensha needed musical numbers.

A good root beer>your commoner carbonated beverages.
I've still never had Root Beer.

Question

Is Clamp not making any more xxxHolic series because:
  1. It didn't make money?
  2. They hate good things?
  3. They hate me?
  4. Clamp is out of business?
Just think of how X fans feel. :(
Poor duckroll.

Kiniro Mosaic season 2 confirmed via Twitter.

Link : Image
Great news! The world needs more pirate Karen!

Yet Yuyushiki never got a second season. No justice in this world.
This is unfortunate but there is still hope!

People started translating the manga so it's better than nothing.
Which I still need to start reading but it's nice it's there.

Don't count on it. I'd need to find some way to survive being at my computer 24/7 if I were to do that.
Just buy lots of black tea. Better than Coffee.

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 39

I completely forgot that VenomMyotismon had some idiotic stupid monster in his crotch.

It's true what they say: once you go full HAM and turn into a giant kaiju-sized monster, your threat level goes down several thousand percent

Finalow

Kill la Kill 3
Imaishi-sama~
KillLaKill23.jpg

Samurai Flamenco 2
I thought it was going to be worse than this but I still didn't drop it.

Valverape 14
meh, not a fan of Akira or her storyline with/without her brother. gimme the mecha fights.

cajunator

Banned
It's okay. Clamp doesn't hate you.

They hate everyone.

BLood C is proof positive of this lol.

I just want more

Frqrmr5.jpg

please help.

XXXHOlic didnt interest me but Im pretty sure I hnnged at her a few times.

Kiniro Mosaic season 2 confirmed via Twitter.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I look forward to it

Ace of the Diamond 3

I'm not enjoying this very much.

Ace of the Diamond Episode 3:

Right, I wanted to like this one, I really did, but the SHONEN EMOTIONS are just too much for my tastes and I don't even care about Baseball that much, this show is being sent back to the minor leagues.

What, the first 13 minutes were absolutely hilarious, did one seriously find it not enjoyable or not even funny? And the second half was really good.

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 3 - Setting Sail
tumblr_muyyhzRfKd1r8bh2zo1_500.gif

Hilarious episode all around (made me remember Makai Ouji's William Twining).
Didnt even think they would have known he was there, but leave it to Sinbad to spoil
. I hope the plot means they wont be splitting up, all four need to stick together, really makes this something special. The new track on the ost is really good too and quite dance worthy I think.

cajunator

Banned
Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 3 - Setting Sail
tumblr_muyyhzRfKd1r8bh2zo1_500.gif

Hilarious episode all around (made me remember Makai Ouji's William Twining).
Didnt even think they would have known he was there, but leave it to Sinbad to spoil
. I hope the plot means they wont be splitting up, all four need to stick together, really makes this something special. The new track on the ost is really good too and quite dance worthy I think.

Magi has stumbled constantly and consistently and struggles with finding what it wants to be while suffering from several elementary level writing mistakes. Id suggest approaching it cautiously

Westlo

I just saw Kuroko's Basket S2 OP for the first time. I didn't watch the episode because I have to finish S1 first, so I just watched the OP.

HOLY MOLY!!! The animation was glorious! I wasn't even paying attention to the song... I just kept watching the animation the whole time. I really wish I knew how to make good gifs because I would have gif'd that whole thing to save and show friends. I'm just amazed right now.

True that.

kuro2_zpsc0437f5b.gif

Dat Kise.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!/I Wanna be the Strongest in the World Episode 3:

Diabolik Lovers may be the worst show of the season but this right behind it and I think this show makes me even more angry. To put it in wrestling terms whomever was booking this angle should or would have been fired for turning Sakura Hagiwara into fucking Dolph Ziggler. Alright, so you have this red hot angle where this Idolwrestler want revenge for losing a hair vs. hair match and the natural course is to build up to a rematch wherein Sakura gets her revenge and much money was made. Instead watch he get jobbed out left and right, and thus heat and credibility was lost, to the point where crowds are booing her and her wasting of everybody's time.

Oh but the topper is watch the champ spar with her and treat her like a ragdoll and finally is applying a hold and it refusing to break it until she fights out of it or breaks a fucking hip. Where do I even begin on the scale of wrongness? The worst part is I can't say this is even unrealistic, but I will say a lot of this shit comes from the worst and seedy old school parts of Pro Wrestling.

This is so going on my WAOTY list for this year, just puerile trash of the highest order. Worst part is I may keep watching since I lack a hatewatch this season and I need something to let the hatred flow forth. I guess I shall see how I feel next week.

Yeah I watched half of the first episode of I Wanna Be The Strongest and turned it off.

Kill la Kill however... really enjoying it. Watching episode 3 at the moment.

Lain

Love Lab 1-13

What a really nice show. Funny, cute, charming.
The only slight disappointment is that there was no
make-up sex between Maki and Riko
in the last episode.

Kill la Kill 3

Good fight scene.

Still not quite sure why Aikuro gradually disrobes during exposition scenes with Ryuko.

of course Junketsu would be even more... risqué than Senketsu.

Mako and her family continue to be hilarious.

more pls

Because Koko is in it.

right? She's so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom