• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

iMJBYXVO9pjGT.jpg
ibeNzuNR7rtSlb.jpg

I think this did its job of making me want to read the manga rather well. Alpha, an android who is real pretty lady is in charge of a cafe in what seems to be a somewhat post-apocalyptic (the closest thing I can think of is Sora no Woto-eqsue) setting does miscellaneous things in this world. It's a real pleasant watch that really plays off of the scenery and the sounds of the environment rather than music, which is only a slight disappointment since Choro Club is wonderful, but sometimes silence really is golden and YKK truly proves that sentiment. I'll probably watch the other OVAs that were made a few years later in the next couple of days, and if you like stuff like Aria you should probably do the same!

For SDBurton: Apparently this is how androids send messages to each other.

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo: Rising 3

This episode covered a lot of the other major elements of HnI that the previous episodes of this season didn't have time for. I wonder if there's still anything else they need to show in order for me to say this season has already delivered the proper Hajime No Ippo experience.

Also, Ippo's mom delivers the nicest "STFU" I've heard. She's pretty godlike

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

I think this did its job of making me want to read the manga rather well. Alpha, an android who is real pretty lady is in charge of a cafe in what seems to be a somewhat post-apocalyptic (the closest thing I can think of is Sora no Woto-eqsue) setting does miscellaneous things in this world. It's a real pleasant watch that really plays off of the scenery and the sounds of the environment rather than music, which is only a slight disappointment since Choro Club is wonderful, but sometimes silence really is golden and YKK truly proves that sentiment. I'll probably watch the other OVAs that were made a few years later in the next couple of days, and if you like stuff like Aria you should probably do the same!

Like many other fanboys, I like to believe that YKK and Aria exist in the same timeline. lol
Also I forgot about the whole "data port" thing. lol

Does that mean Bob's Burgers is the savior of western national tv animation?
I don't have any idea how well this analogy extends out, so who knows!
Bob's Burgers is the noitaminA of western cartoons.

Classic Tom&Jerry >>>
What about Woody Woodpecker?

Better than Simpsons.
Oh you.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What can I say, I like random-ass humor. It's why Sexy Commando is in my top 5 anime of all time.

Though I haven't watched Family Guy in like 3 years since I can't be assed to turn on the TV when I have other stuff to do.
The fact that you haven't watched it in 3 years should tell you something!

That flooded town seemed like it could have been an allusion of some sort. Maybe those mangaka will collaborate on something someday!
Yep, Earth is going to hell, so they plopped Venice on Mars. It makes sense! Also, both have Choro Club! lol

Not enough sakuga for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKZgi06fVsk
Dem golden age animation.
The good old days! lol

So what's the anime version of King of the Hill?
Sazae-san or some other 3000 episode anime that will never get picked up by CR. lol

F9BJ

Propane-kun uguuuuuuuuuuuu~
God damnit!

Now, what is Spongebob or 90s era Nickelodeon?

cajunator

Banned
I was out playing laser tag with friends earlier today. As per my usual habit, I tried to pick a codename for the score rankings that's anime-related, but otherwise sounds normalish. Ended up going with "SILVERCROW", and wound up barely in the top ten out of a 31-person game, which isn't too bad.

Nice work.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

For SDBurton: Apparently this is how androids send messages to each other.

COMMUNICATION IS IMPORTANT!

Looney Tunes is the best animated thing ever, hands down. Nothing is really all that close. Looney Tunes is incredible and stands on a level above all other animated things.

In comparison, stuff like Family Guy or South Park are pretty awful. I have always strongly disliked Family Guy and all of its spinoffs (horrible, HORRIBLE shows!), and never had the slightest interest in South Park. As for The Simpsons, though, it used to be decent, sure... I never watched it regularly, but the occasional episodes I did watch were often good. Futurama is better and was good to great, almost all of the time. Of course that it's sci-fi helps it for sure... but yeah, Futurama's great.

As for King of the Hill, it was bad and uninteresting.

Sure, but a lot of the set ups are basically the same. Hell, even the score feels like Looney Toons by just being so prominent and busy.
Yeah, Nichijou is one of the very few animes which genuinely tries to be like the anime version of a classic Looney Tunes-style cartoon, and it succeeds brilliantly at it. Is it Looney Tunes quality? No, but nothing is, and it's fantastic anyway! Nichijou is KyoAni's best series for sure (second place: Lucky Star).

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Guys please tell me that Attack on Titan ended up great, because that first episode kind of completely sold me.

It doesn't at all, from what I've heard. Apparently the good action is few and very far between. But I really haven't watched. Others have stronger opinions about it.

Guys please tell me that Attack on Titan ended up great, because that first episode kind of completely sold me.

It is a very solid anime with mass appeal.

It's fantastic but has a LOT of pacing issues. Action is some of the best around and animation? FUHGET ABOUDDIT! It's beautiful!

The first season doesn't end conclusively though, but that's more the manga's fault as it practically caught up with it. So if you watch it dont expect a new season for at least a year and a half.

cajunator

Banned
Log Horizon 01

That wasn't as terrible as SAO. It was fun.
Akatsuki is THE TRUTH.
This show makes me happy and I shall continue.
I have banana pudding.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Question

Is Clamp not making any more xxxHolic series because:
  1. It didn't make money?
  2. They hate good things?
  3. They hate me?
  4. Clamp is out of business?

Clannad 01-09 Fuko Arc
giphy.gif

These aren't tears of sadness because you made me feels
I've just been cuttin' onions
I'm making a lasagnaaaaaaaaaaaa... for one.

I'm not crying. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah it's my first time watching. After the melodrama with the dad in the first 2 episodes i was expecting fucking Suzuka (over the top melodrama to the point it got annoying) but then that adorable kid appeared and stole my heart.
Those+feels.+Not+mine+found+on+internet.+Anime+referenced+is_14a088_4068270.jpg

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Aren't CLAMP currently writing an xxxHolic spinoff/sequel manga or something right now?

Oh wait a minute... I'd happily read a manga even! At this point, I don't care how the story comes to me (save for 3D animated feature-length film) at this point.

Any solid info on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom