• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Kuroko no Basuke S2 - 03

Now that's how it's done!
Best episode of anime I've seen in a while. My shounen haato exploded.

The budget increase for S2 is CRAZY.

Really? I thought its still on slideshow level, oh well.. they still showing unimportant matches afterall.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Walkure Romanze Episode 3:

Another series that is alright, but the gimmick doesn't interest me and I am bit tired of the main couple doing the romcom dance already. Also, none of the other girls are getting much screen time, which is a cardinal sin of harem fare because Takahiro, other then holding the fucking cheat codes to this event, is your standard dull block of wood. Still not sure if I am going to cut this one yet, one more episode to sample.

Articalys

I am eternally envious of all Scotland Loves Anime discussion since I know the U.S. will never get a program like that, especially getting not one but TWO movies that aren't even out in Japanese theaters yet.

A question for DiGiKerot and Mr.Jeff if they're both still around -- how were the audiences at the SLA screenings? Well-behaved or not so much?

Grzi

Really? I thought its still on slideshow level, oh well.. they still showing unimportant matches afterall.

There were some nicely animated bits (Kagami spinning the ball, during the game etc.), plus the art is always on model which is nice and already better than S1. And as you've said, nothing extremely important happened yet, but did you see the preview for the next episode? The animation looks amazing.

So apparently Clannad is supposed to be got-tier in terms of sad anime. Well time to figure out if that holds true!

Clannad - 01

... ... ... ...

So remember my dislike for the first episode of Angel Beats!? Yeah I disliked it, but the music of the show held me back to keep on watching. Now Clannad's first episode... Angel Beats! first episode is god-tier compared to this piece of shit I've been exposed to.

God damn, I don't know whether to continue on with this or skip to After Story.

fertygo

There were some nicely animated bits (Kagami spinning the ball, during the game etc.), plus the art is always on model which is nice and already better than S1. And as you've said, nothing extremely important happened yet, but did you see the preview for the next episode? The animation looks amazing.

There's one nice dribbling scene but that its, but I guess you're right its not looked as rough. I'm waiting for another match against GoM, in manga match against them are always amazing,

Mr.Jeff

I am eternally envious of all Scotland Loves Anime discussion since I know the U.S. will never get a program like that, especially getting not one but TWO movies that aren't even out in Japanese theaters yet.

A question for DiGiKerot and Mr.Jeff if they're both still around -- how were the audiences at the SLA screenings? Well-behaved or not so much?
Two? As far as I was aware, only Yoyo hasn't been screened yet? A lot of European premieres though.

Can't speak for the Glasgow crowd - for all I know they were on smack and stabbing each other - but the Edinburgh crowd was pretty normal. Normal laughter in the right places, no-one being dicks with phones or yelling out anything stupid during the movie. All in all, pretty well mannered.

But by fuck was it hot in the sold out films. 280 people in a small cinema do not make for comfortable viewing.

DiGiKerot

Relatively well behaved - I think maybe Glasgow was slightly better mannered than Edinburgh, at least as far as mobile phone usage during movies went (I could see someone playing a game on their phone all the way through the HAL/GitS double bill), but mostly it was fine.

(Also, Patema was the other film not yet out in Japan)

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
So apparently Clannad is supposed to be got-tier in terms of sad anime. Well time to figure out if that holds true!

Clannad - 01

... ... ... ...

So remember my dislike for the first episode of Angel Beats!? Yeah I disliked it, but the music of the show held me back to keep on watching. Now Clannad's first episode... Angel Beats! first episode is god-tier compared to this piece of shit I've been exposed to.

Just stick with it, you'll get Fuko here in a little bit.

Clannad - 01

... ... ... ...

It got better for me after the first 1-2 episodes when they really got into the Fuko arc. But yeah I'm going through this to reach After Story

Grzi

Hajime no Ippo Rising - 03

A nice setup episode with good humor and better art than the previous two episodes which makes no sense but oh well. Can't wait for the matches to start.
I'm still enjoying Kuroko a bit more which worries me.

Clannad - 01

... ... ... ...

Clannad's first season is okay. I recommend sitting through it as it will make the After Story experience much better. I say keep going. The Fuko arc is definitely a good tear-jerker.

cnet128

Banned
Clannad - 01

Angel Beats! first episode is god-tier compared to this piece of shit I've been exposed to.

What's that? You're a terrible person? I see, I see. I hear the best solution to that problem is death. You should look into that.

Gingitsune 3

Episode of Gintarou getting to go on dates with Makoto like the lucky bastard he is. He's a massive tsundere though so he'd never admit he enjoys it.

Kuusoge

Clannad - 01

... ... ... ...

Clannad starts a bit slow and can even be boring in some of the earlier episodes but it picks up. I highly recommend not going straight to After Story. After Story is very dependent on the first season. The impact it has on the viewer only really matters if the viewer knows the characters and at least cares for some of them.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Franziska so tsundere

Judge-sama is my waifu

Clannad starts a bit slow and can even be boring in some of the earlier episodes but it picks up. I highly recommend not going straight to After Story. After Story is very dependent on the first season. The impact it has on the viewer only really matters if the viewer knows the characters and at least cares for some of them.

Precisely.

Yamada and the Seven Witches 8 [end]
tumblr_mummgmEMcF1qg5npko2_500.gif

tumblr_mummgmEMcF1qg5npko3_500.gif

Ushio giving us his most memorable moment in this this whole yet was good. I guess it was a fairly nice original story route for this adaptation, could have given another Yamada and Miyamura, or even Yamada Haruma kiss of sorts, but I guess for plot it makes sense. Hilarious and funny and I dont think I would be opposed to the manga ending this way. Only wish this had at least introduced my other favorite characters, poor Tamaki and Tsubaki not even in this.The BIG moment in this episode was kind of lacking though on the production values, but I guess all jpn live action series suffer from a limited budget, so maybe its excusable. Fun series.Would definitely want to watch whatever next series miyamura and yamadas actors are in, especially miyamura.

What's that? You're a terrible person? I see, I see. I hear the best solution to that problem is death. You should look into that.

Gingitsune 3

Episode of Gintarou getting to go on dates with Makoto like the lucky bastard he is. He's a massive tsundere though so he'd never admit he enjoys it.

Tell me any sort of pro/positive that is good in the first episode of Clannad. Romance theme? Done better by Toradora and the recent Golden Time. Magical themes? Better done in Fate/Stay series. Comedy? Nonexistant. Action? Lolwut.

Hagi

Two? As far as I was aware, only Yoyo hasn't been screened yet? A lot of European premieres though.

Can't speak for the Glasgow crowd - for all I know they were on smack and stabbing each other - but the Edinburgh crowd was pretty normal. Normal laughter in the right places, no-one being dicks with phones or yelling out anything stupid during the movie. All in all, pretty well mannered.

But by fuck was it hot in the sold out films. 280 people in a small cinema do not make for comfortable viewing.

Granted i only went to see Yoyo (which was fantastic) but i didn't see anyone shooting up in the back row and there were no confirmed malkies thrown around during the screening. That Clements fellow did look like he was a tad off his face though..

DiGiKerot

Anyway, final day of Jeff's exciting trip to SLA which most of you will skim past.

Aura - Koga Maryuin's Last War

I'd forgotten the description for this beforehand so went in blind near enough. It's probably a cruel thing to say since I've never seen this and no doubt inaacurate but this is probably what Chuunibyou should have been instead of what KyoAni produced.
Essentially new, first year high school student encounters a fellow (feamle) student wh o suffers the delusion of grandeur of being a witch from a different world.

Nah, the story is pretty much like Chuuni to a fairly hilarious degree. It's pretty funny, because whilst Aura is way less caricature in main protagonists, the secondary characters are all way wackier.

It's a fun movie, though. Can't really argue with anything you say about the movie, though what I did find hilarious was that
the girl complaining about the lack of uniform adherence was walking around with her boobs practically half-out for most of the movie

Oh, and I thought the animation was pretty pedestrian - that's the one spot where inevitable comparisons to Chuunibyou are really, really not in it's favour.

Final ranking:
Patema > Yoyo = Garden of Words > Aura = Fuse > Steins;Gate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Evangelion 3.0

(Perfect Blue) > Yoyo > Patema > Garden of Words > Steins;Gate > Aura > (Place Promised) > Fuse > Eva 3.0 > Hunter x Hunter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Budori Gusuko

I guess I did also see HAL (from Wit Studio) and GitS Arise, but meh. HAL was cute up until the point where it decided to take a twist into an entirely too rote robot SF trope. I'm sure everyone who cares has probably already seen Arise.

Over the past couple weeks I rewatched Cross Game because I saw the first episode of Ace of the Diamond, which was not very good, and it reminded me of how good Cross Game is.

Anyway, yeah, it's still one of my five favorite all time anime. Everything about it (except the mountain climbing kid, he sucks) is just great. I've never watched H2 or Touch, though, for whatever reason. Are either of them worth watching? Also is the Cross Game manga worth reading or does the anime cover most of it? Also is there anything else similar you can recommend me, anime-gaf?

Hyoukokun

Yep. Anime char cameos are fantastic when done right. I think my favorite cameo of all time was Isaac and Myria appearing randomly in Durarara. Best anime duo ever,
miriaisaac.jpg
Not so randomly - Durarara and Baccano were written by the same author, and (Baccano spoilers)
given that the two of them are immortal, it makes perfect sense that they'd pop up somewhere in the future acting their usual goofball selves.

cnet128

Banned
Tell me any sort of pro/positive that is good in the first episode of Clannad. Romance theme? Done better by Toradora and the recent Golden Time. Magical themes? Better done in Fate/Stay series. Comedy? Nonexistant. Action? Lolwut.

Well, I'm not saying I think the first episode of Clannad is a particular standout or anything - heck, it's been a while since I watched it, so I can't really recall what exactly happened in the first episode, and I do remember the series took a few episodes to get into its first proper arc.

However, I'm pretty sure there was nothing in there to justify calling it shit or worse than the likes of Angel Beats. It's clearly better than Angel Beats right from the start purely on the merit of the cast of characters, and I'm pretty sure it did a better job of introducing them as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure the first episode of Clannad included the Dango Daikazoku ED, so there goes the notion of it having no redeeming features. No excuse for ignoring that. Especially when you've been praising Angel Beats on the basis of its music alone.

Walkure Romanze 3

I really enjoyed this episode now that they're getting into the actual subject matter of the series. Still think Celia is best girl.

Wanna Be The Strongest In The World 3

This episode sucked to the point where it actually made me angry. They wasted an entire episode on this dumb bitch constantly quitting to the same submission hold. I had to mute it at one point because the god-damned moaning was going on for at least five minutes. And chill with the crotch-shots already, you fucking pervs. This episode was an embarrassment to all anime.

Articalys

Phi Brain S3 ep.3

Meh,
figured out it was a fake Jin around when Gammon saw him acting suspiciously. Guess that's one way to get Koyasu to ham it up without making the character change just yet. I did like the Masaka/Makata name pun and the puzzle overall though
. Still really enjoying this season so far.

Unfortunately, next week
is a Cubic episode. Oh well. At least it looks like there's going to be some Raetsel/Jin flashback stuff too

Did you miss the other 12 episodes of creative awfulness?

There was some butts and some fluffy tails, and also immortal lesbian world-travelers but such stupidity was more entertaining than...I'm not sure where I'm going with this. This has all of the qualities of something list-worthy but I just felt kind of unphased by the
lesbian reincarnation pseudo/pre-incest pregnancy
for some reason. Maybe I need to sleep on it and I'll have some sort of epiphany in the form of a nightmare about pancakes.

Articalys

Thanks to DiGiKerot and Mr.Jeff for the SLA audience comments. Not sure I should have asked since it makes me even more envious given how I know American audiences are, but it's good to know.

----------------------

(via WTK)

The beta site for Wakanim UK is now up and running. Do go give it a look if you're in that territory.

http://www.wakanim.co.uk/

Theonik

There was some butts and some fluffy tails, and also immortal lesbian world-travelers but such stupidity was more entertaining than...I'm not sure where I'm going with this. This has all of the qualities of something list-worthy but I just felt kind of unphased by the
for some reason. Maybe I need to sleep on it and I'll have some sort of epiphany in the form of a nightmare about pancakes.
It's not on the list because of the ending. It's on the list because 12 episodes of awful.
Also have fun with pancakes.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Again, did you miss the shaky cam flashbacks? The total misuse of lighting? The incomprehensible narrative? The horrifically bad SNES music? The name of that cave girl?

The ending is just the cherry on top, nevermind that it comes an episode early.

CorvoSol

YamiBoushi ending was as dumb as the rest of the show, this doesn't need to be on the list! You all are weak, weak!

On this note I must confess I agree, with the caveat that I'm still kinda early into the list.

Compared to Geass and Garzey's, Angel Cop and AD Police have been mind-warpingly boring and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom