• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam (Rewatch) - 2

Chronicle gets established as being quite incompetent. We have war orphans. Uso does a lot of yelling.

Off to a terrific start!

Again, did you miss the shaky cam flashbacks? The total misuse of lighting? The incomprehensible narrative? The horrifically bad SNES music? The name of that cave girl?

The ending is just the cherry on top, nevermind that it comes an episode early.

I remember one lame scene that had Ys-esque music if they took all the charm out of it and put it into a magical samurai vs high school girl battle! I just think that I've seen other (better?) entertainingly awful shows that messed with my head more than this. Like BRS TV!

Theonik

On this note I must confess I agree, with the caveat that I'm still kinda early into the list.

Compared to Geass and Garzey's, Angel Cop and AD Police have been mind-warpingly boring and that's it.
List items aren't meant to be compared with one another in that way though. Each one has its own reasons to be on the list.
You can't go saying, "This has list worthy things but if it wasn't for those things it wouldn't be list worthy" as that's pretty... Obvious.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I remember one lame scene that had Ys-esque music if they took all the charm out of it and put it into a magical samurai vs high school girl battle! I just think that I've seen other (better?) entertainingly awful shows that messed with my head more than this. Like BRS TV!
I understand the pull of ears/tails, but they don't excuse everything!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Trust me, I've seen more than my fair share of absolute dreck because SOMETHING in the show was a hook for me.

*sobs*

CorvoSol

Angel Cop had "Sayonara, asshole", though.

True.

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam (Rewatch) - 2

Chronicle gets established as being quite incompetent. We have war orphans. Uso does a lot of yelling.

Off to a terrific start!

You have made a terrible mistake.

List items aren't meant to be compared with one another in that way though. Each one has its own reasons to be on the list.
You can't go saying, "This has list worthy things but if it wasn't for those things it wouldn't be list worthy" as that's pretty... Obvious.

I dunno. When I think of the List I think of absolute insanity and AD Police was just not up to my expectations.

(via WTK)

The beta site for Wakanim UK is now up and running. Do go give it a look if you're in that territory.

http://www.wakanim.co.uk/

Well, talk about unfinished translations, yikes.

Currently, the only two shows are Kill la Kill and Samurai Flamenco. What's more interesting the the business end: it works on a credits system. Once the four free weeks have elapsed, you need to spend one credit to access a stream of an episode. Alternatively, for two credits, you can get a permanent download (HD, DRM free, all that good stuff). Currently, only Samurai Flamenco has downloads enabled. Of course, the big question is "so, how much is a credit", and that's were things get interesting. It's one of thouse sliding scale type deals, where the more you buy, the less things costs. The minimum, two credits, cost £1.99 (about £1 per credit). The maximum, 13 credits, can be bought for £8.69 (a little under 67p a credit). 12 credits (a six pack of downloads) costs £8.04 (making it precisely 64p a credit, and £1.28 a download), which is probably the best way of going about things. The big catch at the moment is that I don't think it's possible to buy credits at the moment, because the countries currently available for selection for entering your address is "france", "suisse", "belgique" and "martinique". The translation of the website is nowhere near done.

cnet128

Banned
Yozakura Quartet -Hana no Uta- 3

In the first episode I was convinced that Touka was best girl, but since then I must confess I've grown less sure of that, thanks to the excessive adorableness of Ao. This episode's Touka focus helped to even the odds a little, though. Speaking of Ao, this episode opened with multiple shameless pantyshots from her, so that makes three episodes out of three. I'm beginning to think they're doing this on purpose. (I'm not complaining, mind.)

Anyway, this episode provided some much-appreciated exposition about how this world works. The whole "other dimension as an unknown quantity being treated as equivalent to death" thing is quite an interesting concept. Though considering it looked like that guy at the end of the episode may have been
moving between the dimensions at will??
, that dynamic may end up shifting sooner or later.

Also, that scene with
Touka crushing the kids in the attempt to save them
was really powerful in terms of sheer shock value. Da-yum. I'm glad
they turned out to be all right after all
, though.

EDIT: Oh, and something worth celebrating: for the first time this season, I'm now actually up to date on all the anime and Western series I'm watching! Who knows, I may even be able to fit in some backlog stuff again at some point soon! (Though with BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma coming out later this week, I can see myself getting behind again if I'm not careful...)

Silky

Banned
tumblr_muou5vCMA61rx2uefo2_500.gif

These fucking animals, man. I love it. Sasako's a cutie and Panda's a pretty great protagonist.

We got until Thursday man. Or at least I do. I'm not replaying the franchise.
i'm actually watching a let's play of AAIvestigation 2 on youtube.. i will be up to date when i'll pick up my digital copy next week.

Not so randomly - Durarara and Baccano were written by the same author, and (Baccano spoilers)
given that the two of them are immortal, it makes perfect sense that they'd pop up somewhere in the future acting their usual goofball selves.

Given by what i know of the novels , it's pretty much set in the same universe ..it's just that their setting , cities & time period are different but same universe and some small tie-in between the 2 franchises

Gazoinks

I love that all these new people seem to be discovering this gem of a show in here all of a sudden =D

It's so incredibly pleasant to watch.

Yeah, I guess it's a snowball effect. The more good reviews show up, the more people become interested in the show. It really is a great feel-good show.

i'm actually watching a let's play of AAIvestigation 2 on youtube.. i will be up to date when i'll pick up my digital copy next week.

You mean this week.

And I should probably get on that AAI2 watch through... even though I don't think it's really relevant to the series. Yet I'm reading LPs of Star Force 2 and the Battle Network series post 3.

CorvoSol

I've been watching it too, but man, it's so much, I dunno, slower than when I'm playing myself, so its kinda wearing my patience. I'll probably just watch it all week as I play through AJ.

Not even talking Okada here. I've sat through stuff like Kampfer, Rosario+Vampire, Hyper Police, and Zero no Tsukaima.

Zero no Tsukaima was nothing for me, but like most awful things I've watched it was because Kugimiya was what Miyukichi is to me now. And also because Louise UNFUNF.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Zero no Tsukaima was nothing for me, but like most awful things I've watched it was because Kugimiya was what Miyukichi is to me now. And also because Louise UNFUNF.
I'd throw in other bad vampire anime I've watched because vampires, but others like Karin were more mediocre to weak rather than really awful.

Oh, Hyper Police is bad? *strikes from list*
"Waste of time" is a better term for it. I just included it to round out the short list.

You mean this week.

And I should probably get on that AAI2 watch through... even though I don't think it's really relevant to the series. Yet I'm reading LPs of Star Force 2 and the Battle Network series post 3.
i mean next week .
First because the let's play is HUGE and that i have the 3 week window for the free dlc stuff .

Second i'm in no rush

I've been watching it too, but man, it's so much, I dunno, slower than when I'm playing myself, so its kinda wearing my patience. I'll probably just watch it all week as I play through AJ.

i have the same problem ..i'm a quick reader and the pace at times is just so slow ..i understand that's because some people need time to read ..but it just make it hard for me to watch the let's play for more than a hour .

i mean next week .
First because the let's play is HUGE and that i have the 3 week window for the free dlc stuff .

Second i'm in no rush

i have the same problem ..i'm a quick reader and the pace at times is just so slow ..i understand that's because some people need time to read ..but it just make it hard for me to watch the let's play for more than a hour .

Well how long is the LP? I might give it a watch, although that slow paced reading might be a turn off for me. I have plenty of time, although I should be more weary of bandwidth I guess.

CorvoSol

i mean next week .

Second i'm in no rush

Also the silly thing is broken into 160 videos. I'm not even half way through this! I'm just gonna start Apollo Justice tonight and watch the LP as the week progresses.

Theonik

This is that part where I implore Narag to watch more Strike Witches and for Theonik and SDBurton to watch the movie.
I've watched the first 15 minutes. My time has just been very limited the past few weeks.
And yeah Narag needs to at least get to "Nice and Breazy"

Zach and Cajun may love it, but it was pretty forgettable outside the heavy anthro and kemomimi representation.
I am not mad at you disliking it. Just making people not want to watch it hence eliminating their posts from the thread.
Edit: Actually mad is not the right word at all anyway.

Well how long is the LP? I might give it a watch, although that slow paced reading might be a turn off for me. I have plenty of time, although I should be more weary of bandwidth I guess.

160 vids ... some are 10 min long , max is 20 min long , average lenght is 14 min....

That's a LOT of reading and talking i'm telling you.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I am not mad at you disliking it. Just making people not want to watch it hence eliminating their posts from the thread.
Edit: Actually mad is not the right word at all anyway.
As you can see earlier on this page, telling people not to watch something doesn't really work.

What's a good romance anime in the same vein as Toradora?

go through this list if you haven't already
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4224/Toradora!/userrecs

See the descriptions, see if you like something. In terms of similar character it'd be zero no tsukaima. Though not nearly as good, but just as cheesy.

I really recommend Ano Natsu De Matteru. Though the only thing they really have in common is they're both really good.

CorvoSol

32 hours for AAI2?

Reasonable. I mean sure, I could finish up Y version,, but hey!

Holy crap yeah that is some lengthy stuff.

160 vids ... some are 10 min long , max is 20 min long , average lenght is 14 min....

That's a LOT of reading and talking i'm telling you.

And the guy also presses EVERY statement and examines EVERY thing. I just want the plot, not the long-winded obvious side points.

What's a good romance anime in the same vein as Toradora?

One time I asked Anime-GAF for a romance anime and they suggested incest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom