• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Samurai Flamenco - Episode 3

This episode had a lot of good stuff, and also some uneven stuff. Joji is an odd character, but I think there's a right amount of cynicism and charisma there. The execution isn't that great though. It's partly the direction, and partly the voice actor, but I don't feel convinced by the delivery just yet. The rest of the cast were pretty on point though, with some nice dynamics coming into play.

The sentai and tokusatsu stuff was pretty good this week too, with the action scenes being done pretty well, even though almost everything else wasn't - art wise. Many of the scenes looked really quite dreadful, with characters completely drained of color even more than usual, and really stiff motion. It's probably only going to get worse as the series progresses too. RIP Manglobe. :(

I'm glad it wasn't just me noticing the decline in quality (forgot to post about it). Hopefully the series doesn't just continue downwards and this was only a slight fluke. :|

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Galilei Donna Episode 3:

This series keeps getting worse by the episode with bland characters doing bland things being followed by bland villains. Well, unless they Kazuki Ferrari and then they just irritate me so much with her mechanical envy that I shut the episode off early. Also, fuck you Galilei Donna for introducing one of the most contrived and convenient amnesia angles I have seen in a good ling while. Either this show improves next episode or it gets the hook.

cajunator

Banned
Kintaro rocks the harem right.

Yeah I think I can handle it...are you saying I should Marathon it? :3

Honestly, probably not unless you are a very very happy person to offset it. Or you like being miserable. I did marathon it.

After a hiatus, another license announcement from Sentai Filmworks from the Fall season: Non Non Biyori.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/sent...works-licenses-non-non-biyori/731328203560961

NICE.

Contender (and my personal frontrunner so far) for best waifu this season.

I think she is a very very good argument for that!

Samurai Flamenco 3

It's apparent to me that I'm enjoying the show enough to not really care about the downsides at the moment. Joji is a bit weird, but I do like how when they showed him with kids, one of them was like "Mom pls help me, this is awkwaaard". Shit was written on his face.

Actually, the footage displaying his feats while being Red Axe was lke "look at how badass I am to the point of unrealistic" I mean look at that conveniently placed horse next to the car!

Galilei Donna Episode 3:

This series keeps getting worse by the episode with bland characters doing bland things being followed by bland villains. Well, unless they Kazuki Ferrari and then they just irritate me so much with her mechanical envy that I shut the episode off early. Also, fuck you Galilei Donna for introducing one of the most contrived and convenient amnesia angles I have seen in a good ling while. Either this show improves next episode or it gets the hook.

God damn it. I thought this show was about to take off now the sisters had their reason to run and start adventuring. I'll watch it after KLK and see what's up.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
God damn it. I thought this show was about to take off now the sisters had their reason to run and start adventuring. I'll watch it after KLK and see what's up.

This episode was more about establishing the family dynamics and indeed setting out the stakes.

duckroll

Galilei "wonzo" Donna - Episode 3

r9WuBhu.jpg

Well, they get points for actually having proper English I guess!

This was a terrible episode. Not only did it manage to look even uglier than Samurai Flamenco this week, but it was plain boring. Really mundane direction, a padded out script, awful exposition, and the general stupidity the show always had. The characters remain pretty awful, and dresden's favorite waifu manages to become an even worse character. Just bad all round. The action stuff towards the end was unexciting and looked pretty ugly and awkward too, with iffy staging and messy looking CG.

Guys how do I avoid every Madoka movie spoiler until whether the Bluray hits or May 2014, when it presumably hits cinemas at my local anime festival. Anyone have a contingency plan already made?

I haven't even watched the actual anime and haven't been spoiled yet. Your worrying too much about it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
kill la kill 04
the race for most panty shots this season heats up.
not really though, quartet is like a billion miles in the lead.

LordCanti

Kyousougiga 03

This show is just great right now. Short of budgetary issues, I don't know how they could possibly fuck this up.

Kill la Kill 04

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Galilei Donna - 4
Yeesh, that was a bad episode. I was hoping that once the girls got to start their journey, the show would find its footing and fleshing out these three sisters would have more precedence. What we got are contrived surprises like amnesia and certain characters making it out of sticky situations unharmed in the most convenient ways. They aren't really doing much with the sisters either aside from Kazuki. Her angst just strikes me as needlessly forced and grating. It's all pretty damn uninteresting.

CorvoSol

GUYS IT IS DOWNLOADING GUYS I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS HAPPENING SO HYPE RIGHT NOW GUYS GONNA SHOVE THIS POINTER FINGER DOWN ALL PROSECUTOR THROATS.

If I wished for Kyubey to die, what would happen?

It depends on your will if it will actually be done and then, you might want to specify that Kyuubey to be nonexistant or completely eradicated

Samurai Flamenco 3
This show is becoming rather awesome. I expect more Samurai Flamencos to rise after this.

Nagi no Asakura 4
At least now he isn't so stubbornly racist. This exploration of the relationship between the sister and the surface man is very intriguing and a bit heartfelt.

Is anyone watching Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru?

I've heard it's really good, but as time is limited gotta be real picky about what I watch for the time being.

Galilei Donna 3

This episode was fucking stupid. Holy shit, could they wait until Kazuki to turn into Jealous Blob. "EVERYTHING STINKS OF OIL..... I CAN SMELL HAZUKI EVERYWHERE"

breaking plates and shit, being irrational as fuck. I'm glad no one wasted their fucking time going to check up on her while shit's going down, because at least they have their priorities straight.

Jizz Rockets aside, the drama bought down this episode. Also "WHY DO WE NEED WALKIE TALKIES" WHY ARE YOU ASKING A DUMB QUESTION!?

kill la kill 04
the race for most panty shots this season heats up.
not really though, quartet is like a billion miles in the lead.

Just watched it and holy shit. They turned the perversion up to 10. Animation is great though.

How have you managed that? This is a serious question.

I am impressed and also jelly.

I dunno. All I know is that its not a kid friendly anime since the ratings are mature and the opening is awesome :)

santeesioux

Dammit, gotta start Kill La Kill. Sooner I get to Ace Attorney 5 (which was downloaded before I started anime thursday) the better.

Man i gotta watch that and Golden Time because i'm getting Tales of the Abyss, Samurai Warriors Chronicles (don't judge me!) and Super Mario 3d Land for my new 3ds today.

santeesioux

Galilei Donna 3

This episode was fucking stupid. Holy shit, could they wait until Kazuki to turn into Jealous Blob. "EVERYTHING STINKS OF OIL..... I CAN SMELL HAZUKI EVERYWHERE"

breaking plates and shit, being irrational as fuck. I'm glad no one wasted their fucking time going to check up on her while shit's going down, because at least they have their priorities straight.

Jizz Rockets aside, the drama bought down this episode. Also "WHY DO WE NEED WALKIE TALKIES" WHY ARE YOU ASKING A DUMB QUESTION!?

Yeah, this is going to be one of those shows that i debate dropping every week, and may have to with all of the shows on Thursdays.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 4:

I will not lie, this is one of the stronger contenders for Anime of the Season. Anime of the Year, still too early to say on that front. At any rate, it is good to see that in spite of moving the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny to whenever that happens, this is not strictly speaking heading in the direction of monster of the week. Indeed we see Ryuko and Mako challenge the mind bending obstacle course of the insane student council or face expulsion. I do like the subtle bits of world building that the threat of expulsion leaves as banishment from school means banishment from the city for the student and presumably for the family. I wonder if that has any other implications since it got revealed a couple of episodes ago that this school is not unique, there are others out there that might be willing to use the talents of the discarded. Anyway, we finally get more of Guts the Wonderdog and I am still trying to figure out how they made Mako so not-annoying. Mako should be annoying me as much as, well, Korra Mako does, but that is not the case and I am curious as to why. Also, I wonder what exact combination of drugs allows them to keep up this manic pacing from week to week as well as topping the insanity? Yes, I look forward to the next episode with great aplomb.

duckroll

Nooooo, Ishihara by a mile :<

DuFe4s2.png

Been a lot less predictable than I imagined. Still like how the story's moving along.

Ishihara is very good, but she's too direct and in the forefront. That makes her lose out to the mysterious allure which Mari has. Sometimes, less is more. Being a side character has it's benefits! We'll see how she does when she actually gets center stage on the show.

It'll live for one more season thanks to Silver Spoon, but yep its unfortunately terminal. :(

Well, noitaminA died in 2011, but then came back in 2012 with shows like Kids on the Slope, Tsuritama and Natsuyuki Rendezvous.

The trajectory of the block has definitely gone down, but they've managed to recover and put out some good seasons of 'old noitaminA' after doing so in the past. Hopefully they can do that again next year.

cremino

Galilei "wonzo" Donna - Episode 3

This was a terrible episode. Not only did it manage to look even uglier than Samurai Flamenco this week, but it was plain boring. Really mundane direction, a padded out script, awful exposition, and the general stupidity the show always had. The characters remain pretty awful, and dresden's favorite waifu manages to become an even worse character. Just bad all round. The action stuff towards the end was unexciting and looked pretty ugly and awkward too, with iffy staging and messy looking CG.

Francescho instead of Francesco LOL

The only question i could think of is how is it playing a Tales game on a handheld? Only played them on the consoles.

Not too shabby actually. framerate for fights are at 30FPS, but it doesn't have a negative effect.

Also you might not care, but the 3D is pretty awful for the game.

fertygo

Samurai Flamenco 3

Ugly visual aside, this is fucking awesome.. I lost my shit when
Goto replacing Masayoshi and saying this feel good lol

They better confront the idol chick soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom