• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shergal

Kill la Kill 4 was so good, best episode yet + Haruko in the preview made the day.

Also Valvrave
was extra amazing this week, holy shit

Kill la Kill - 4 aka the cheapest episode of anime you'll see this season
Everything was goofy and silly in this episode. All of the gags were hits for me and Maiko
worked well as a villain
. Even the animation, or lack thereof, complimented the episode well. Probably my favorite episode yet.

Shirokuma Cafe 26

That's it. No more arguments. This is the anime of the century.

MC 469ma (Shirokuma) is the hero of anime.
IKPwM.gif

Also I never thought i'd ever hear a lion say "fo 'sho!" so I burst out laughing. Thank you Jesus for this anime.

Galilei Donna 3

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Could have avoided almost this entire episode by not having Kazuki be the absolute worst. I love her design though. Woe is me. The only relevant information was the damn sketch and the parents.

Ugh.

Kill La Kill 4

This episode was extremely stupid, and I mean that in a good way. There was a lot of cheap animation which strangely fits well with what's going on, and everyone is just over the fucking top about things.

It was also very lewd. Panties everywhere!

Mr.Jeff

Oh, so that's where the date comes from. I guess that's where Narag got that date from as well. A joke about my using Minako as an avatar it seems.

Seeing Chet's post there I remember that now. I guess I should have said no there. Well, it's no big deal and I still appreciate the thought and picture. :)

Oh yeah, while I still haven't gotten to the next part of Banner of the Stars yet, I'd recommend taking a look at Space Battleship Yamato 2199 if you haven't already. I think it might be the kind of show you'd like if you're already a fan of something like "of the Stars".
Well in the absence of a proper birthday date, you will remain as October 22nd on the not-so-secret list of birthdays and anime links. Speaking of which, from here until December, there only appear to be 2 birthdays: duckroll's and Extollere's.

I have been hearing the good word about Yamato but I've been holding off until that last batch of episodes is finally finished. A little bit of waiting won't hurt me!

I look forward to reading your impressions of the next Banner when you find time for it.

On a different note, I finally started something from this season: Non Non Biyori.
I'm kinda with dimb on this one in that the second episode was a lot weaker than the first, mainly down tot he comedy used. I liked the reticence and hesitation of the new girl as she starts somewhere new in the middle of nowhere which kind felt lost with the some of the more stupid humour crept into the show.

It's not impossible to have humour in a relaxing show like the first episode showed but it felt like it created a false expectation of what the show was about.

fertygo

Kill la Kill 4

What the hell is this, bwahahaha.. I'm expecting this eps will get a lot of hate due to the Imaishiness later, but who give a damn its so much fun.. kinda peaked early n losing gas in last 4 minute though.

Preview look good.

Is anyone watching Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru?

I've heard it's really good, but as time is limited gotta be real picky about what I watch for the time being.
I find it quite hilarious but if you are for something beyond a stupid comedy, probably want to skip it. Watch the first episode and then judge if you want to continue.

I find it quite hilarious but if you are for something beyond a stupid comedy, probably want to skip it. Watch the first episode and then judge if you want to continue.

I saw a little of episode 2 at a friends, had a pretty funny gender bender scene. I guess at the end of the episode they do a "What If" and they choose the other option.

Seemed pretty cute, nice to get a couple opinions from you guys <3

If I want to watch a funny high school harem'esque comedy there are plenty better shows. Classics such as School Rumble, greats such as Nichijou and Daily Life of High School Boys, and recent favorites such as the Baka To Test series.

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 4

This show is getting wackier and wackier, and it's great. This episode was the most fun so far, and I'm glad they're not really doing a monster of the week format. Maiko was surprisingly likable as a throway villain, and we learned some... sensitive information about Ira.

Mako is still best.

Nordicus

Classics such as School Rumble, greats such as Nichijou and Daily Life of High School Boys, and recent favorites such as the Baka To Test series.
I'm still rather stunned how funny Baka To Test ended up being. First it just looked absolutely dime-a-dozen, and then I actually watched a few episodes...

duckroll

This week's Thursday ranking:

KLK >>>>>>>>>>>>> VVV >>>>>>>> SF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GD

fertygo

If I want to watch a funny high school harem'esque comedy there are plenty better shows. Classics such as School Rumble, greats such as Nichijou and Daily Life of High School Boys, and recent favorites such as the Baka To Test series.

This one only good for like 2 episode..
This week's Thursday ranking:

KLK >>>>>>>>>>>>> VVV >>>>>>>> SF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GD

I only need to watch VVV next (didn't care for GD)
Awesome day so far!

I don't want to drop GD. I want to know what the adventure is going to be like, but ugh. How does that strong first episode go to hell in a handbasket with such rapidity.

Kazuki displayed some martial arts last episode. I thought maybe that would be her thing going forward, while Hazuki is the talker and Hozuki is the wizard mechanic. Instead her thing was sucking the air out of the show.

Kill La Kill 4

From hotblooded action / fanservice to light humour, I have to say it is a nice change of pace, at least if it's done in a few episodes.
The episode itself is funny, but nothing to write home about.

Also, it seems they are really using the lessons of Inferno Cop animation techniques at their full potential... It isn't usual to use less animation and use cartoonized and simpler character drawings in a "off" episode like this, but they went and really saved their budget until the last drop here.

edit: Also, Mako is great.

I'm still rather stunned how funny Baka To Test ended up being. First it just looked absolutely dime-a-dozen, and then I actually watched a few episodes...

It's not for everybody but I liked how, unlike other shows, the comedy revolved around the protagonist and his friend a lot. I also liked how the friend also had a romantic interest, and she was best girl.

No one here has seen Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru??

I dropped it after the first 15mins because of the terrible decision choices. I just felt that it was a really good premise with the show for comedy, but a terrible execution.

I usually give a show 3-4 episodes before I drop it to be fair, but this I just couldn't make it through. Nothing makes me drop a show faster then a missed opportunity.

I liked the OP animation. That was good.

Yo did anyone watch that BBC documentary tonight. People are going to judge anime watchers even more now lol

No but it was on in the house and I could hear a lot of it from where I'm sitting. Apparently Japan has serious issues with the crime rate in the pensioner population, among other things.

Syrinx

Kill La Kill 4

Best part was right at the end, just as attendance is being taken, Ryuko and Mako come CRASHING THROUGH THE WINDOW IN A GONDOLA! And then sexy sensei calls Ryuko's name, and you can see that even after all the holy-shit-fuck-ball-to-the-wall shit that's gone down, including but not limited to the aforementioned flying through the window in a gondola and going through in an armored bus shooting a turret at endless gunfire coming at them, Mako is asleep as soon as she sits down in her desk.

THIS SHOW ROCKS TITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom