• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

HXH 100 - 101

Is it or HxH is the unsung great anime of the last two years? Great adaptation of a great manga, very solid execution and production values maintained by 100+ episodes.
But there is barely any comments of it in this thread (I know it has a separate thread on OT, but still...).

The last two episodes had several action scenes, some nice animation, tense moments, politics, several characters plotlines interwoven, intriguing new powers, new characters, and some light hearted scenes.

People don't really bother commenting long running shounen shows.

Joe Molotov

It's not anime, but I've watched the first 20 episodes of Supaidaman and it's easy, breezy, and Japaneesy. Hey, hey, hey, wow! Change Leopardon!

Toei_Spider-Man_costume.jpg
Toei_Spider-Man_Leopardon.jpg

Guys how do I avoid every Madoka movie spoiler until whether the Bluray hits or May 2014, when it presumably hits cinemas at my local anime festival. Anyone have a contingency plan already made?

Kuroko's No Basket - Episode 18

The best feeling when watching anime, is when the protagonist says something shocking to the antagonist. Then the antagonist either has that shock face, or a "wtf" face. That's exactly what happened in this episode. Kuroko got Aomine riled up.

After that it was mostly just more Aomine trolling this episode.

cnet128

Banned
Guys how do I avoid every Madoka movie spoiler until whether the Bluray hits or May 2014, when it presumably hits cinemas at my local anime festival. Anyone have a contingency plan already made?

Send ninjas to assassinate everyone who's seen it before they can post on the internets. It's the only way.

Hunter x Hunter should really be an exception. It's too good not to comment. (I know I'm still commenting on every episode at least...)

So did The New Prince of Tennis do good in Japan, or not? Just wondering because it hasn't gotten a new season yet. I'm not sure whether it's because the manga may not be far enough (I don't read the manga so I don't know how far it is), or sales.

The last episode of the show was kind of a huge cliffhanger, so I've been looking for a new season to appear for a while.

Did you not watch the three or so new prince of tennis ovas that were on the dvds as well.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Some shows tend to be more "cartoon" than "film", where a core part is the quality of the drawings/animation and how dynamic/striking the layouts are. The first Lupin III series (at least the first, it's the one I'm watching) and easygoing gag shows like Shin-chan are some examples.
It's not that they aren't films using film techniques, but they have a fundamental factor of animation and drawing unlike some other shows that might be well-directed but don't put it at center-stage.

This s true. For example I always love the animation quality of Kyoto Animation, but I've heard people say it isn't always directed well. :/

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
This OVA is still one of the greatest things in all of anime. Youll love how they wrap it up in the end too. but in the meantime STUDY STUDY STUDY!
Also they created some very nice character designs in this show. Very nice indeed.
(and in case youre wondering, the boss lady in ep 1 was driving a Koenig Competition Evolution.)

Oh man....Are you sure youre prepared for this? dont watch too much at once. Im just warning you early. This show will tear your heart out and shit on it.
Chise is really really cute though.
Also watch the OVA if you can find it!

Kintaro rocks the harem right.

Yeah I think I can handle it...are you saying I should Marathon it? :3

The iDOLM@STER: 07

So adorable.... So fun...

I envy you, about to hit episode 8. It's chaotic but a lot of fun. Makoto takes the best girl crown(tiara?) as well.

Animax is up in the UK now - I guess they're streaming Kyoukai no Kanata as well as the previously announced Coppelion and Magi.

-edit- Also pretty much all the old AoD stuff - fancy that...

Thanks for that. I guess I'll watch KnK there since they're going with free simulcasts.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 335 – To Each Their Own Leaf
tumblr_mun3ruQ7Yx1s0ha57o1_500.gif

This arc makes Sasuke look all amazing and such, so no complaints from me. For the episode, Kabuto backstory is good animated and just as good as it was a few short months ago. Good so far.

Kalamari

Has anyone else found Yowamushi Pedal pretty entertaining? If find the interaction between the anime and manga loving main character and the other, more plain and straightforward, characters very hilarious.

Ace Attorney 5 should've been tuesday. Not the day the goods come out!

Might just watch Flamenco and KLK for now and leave Galilel Donna for later.

DiGiKerot

So your theory was right on, huh.
Wonder how many other shows they'll add from the current season as simulcasts.

I'm not sure what else there is to be honest - they picked up the last major, obvious things that aren't streaming over here via either Crunchy, or Wakanim (or Youtube, in the case of Gundam BF). Well, except maybe Outbreak Company, and the stuff that isn't streaming in English anywhere like Kyousougiga.

Nordicus

Astro Fighter Sunred 2 17-20

Samurai Flamenco reminded me that I should really continue watching this. Funny as always, I just stopped watching for some reason. The 2nd season opening is still hype as hell, even if we'll never see actual fights fights in this show. I suppose it doesn't matter since this is such a bizarre slice-of-life series that it always makes me forget the small actiony bits in the opening until I watch another episode

Also, Sunred is at his absolute best when he straight up bullies Vamp and his chosen monster of the week.

So did The New Prince of Tennis do good in Japan, or not? Just wondering because it hasn't gotten a new season yet. I'm not sure whether it's because the manga may not be far enough (I don't read the manga so I don't know how far it is), or sales.

The last episode of the show was kind of a huge cliffhanger, so I've been looking for a new season to appear for a while.

It's being continued by OVAs next year (I think). There's a decent amount of manga material left to cover, so they should be fine on that count.

Has anyone else found Yowamushi Pedal pretty entertaining? If find the interaction between the anime and manga loving main character and the other, more plain and straightforward, characters very hilarious.

Yes I cant stop laughing at the thought of him singing Love Hime and then when Imaizumi did somewhat in the bath. Regardless, really hilarious and exciting action in and off racing and the scenes after the credits are hilarious.

Nope, I didn't even know it had OVA's. I watched it on CR. I have seen After Story which is pre-New Prince of Tennis.

The New Prince of Tennis DVD OVA's are worth looking into, especially since one even gives an actual match.

CorvoSol

I was going to go as a sign that said "For Your Country, Kirito-Kun!" but then I realized that no one would get it and it would be really awkward.

So online that will be my Halloween costume.

Seinen as well. People kind of stopped posting about Space Bros other than wonzo and firehawk. I watch it every week, but don't feel the need to comment every episode, and I'm sure others feel the same. Of course, there's also probably many that dropped it because of its length.

I think the only long-running show that people consistently posted about was Gintama.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Astro Fighter Sunred 2 17-20

Samurai Flamenco reminded me that I should really continue watching this. Funny as always, I just stopped watching for some reason.

I might have to check this out since this is what I wanted out of Samurai Flamenco instead of that thing that airs every week.

Gazoinks

Samurai Flamenco 03

Haha, EVERYONE suspects Masayoshi of being Samumenco.

I liked this episode a bit less than the second one, but it was still pretty good. My main problem with this episode was that I had a little trouble getting a solid read on Jijo's character. It seems like he just kind of swung from being kind of an asshole to a bro without enough development to make it a smooth transition.
Also people seriously couldn't tell he wasn't the real one? Sheesh?

I wonder if the direction they're gonna go now is that there's eventually going to be tons of Samurai Flamencos stopping crime all over the place.

I hope what'sherfaceidolgirl confronts Masayoshi soon.

mAcOdIn

Infinite Stratos
Hmm, maybe they don't lock their doors? I mean, she could be cutting the door down because she's angry, not because it's locked, or something, right? I don't know, and I highly doubt the writers ever considered how she got there either. I don't think it was meant as a joke like you suggest, no. It was just done because they thought it was funny (which it is, a bit). Logic need not apply...
Going back to the concept of "advantages," tell me something, if a girl constantly sneaks into a boy's room naked and sleeps with him, literally not figuratively here, AND still can't get any play or action from the guy what kind of advantage does she have really? Any? None? That it's actually a sign of a disadvantage? Yeah I agree with that.
You're overstating your case by making it too absolute. That's the point.
It doesn't have to be absolute, in real life people are rarely defined by such extreme personalities else there'd be chaos in the streets. Personalities are generally more subtle than what you see in media, but, since media does start with such extreme personalities it's all the more jarring then when they're diluted.

Speaking of overstating cases....
Hey, in harem-anime world, that kind of thing is a plot-shaking event! Once they have kissed, they're a couple, after all. But yeah, you're sure right about "winning" being losing.
Huh? Really? I've seen tons of harems where people kiss. Or are kissed. Doesn't seem to be some all encompassing rule.

Of course the real revelation there would actually be that
Ichika would apparently want something romantic to happen between Hyouki and himself.
Not that I care though because honestly speaking, ignoring events that happen, or better yet, almost happen is already a specialty of Infinite Stratos characters anyways so in a way it's completely in character!

Kill la Kill
I hope this wasn't what Hitokage meant about the uniforms.....

No matter, I should be hating this but somehow I don't.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
samurai flamenco 03
japan split in two as other anime are rekt by the surreal power of samurai flamenco.

duckroll

Samurai Flamenco - Episode 3

Drw09yV.jpg
nj3x7nT.jpg

Best girl, clearly.

This episode had a lot of good stuff, and also some uneven stuff. Joji is an odd character, but I think there's a right amount of cynicism and charisma there. The execution isn't that great though. It's partly the direction, and partly the voice actor, but I don't feel convinced by the delivery just yet. The rest of the cast were pretty on point though, with some nice dynamics coming into play.

The sentai and tokusatsu stuff was pretty good this week too, with the action scenes being done pretty well, even though almost everything else wasn't - art wise. Many of the scenes looked really quite dreadful, with characters completely drained of color even more than usual, and really stiff motion. It's probably only going to get worse as the series progresses too. RIP Manglobe. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom