• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she's
the ex
but I also think that
she's some how responsible for Tada's memory loss, which might explain why she's kinda acting like she doesn't already know him.

Shit. You might be unto something. I'm glad it's a 24 episode anime vs a 12. Cause if not we'd almost be halfway done.

Shergal

Valvrave 15
Hmm, there was something with the character art in this episode. The close-ups were all clean and well-defined, with spare tasteful linework for facial features and solid expressions. But the mid and long shots all featured the same typical SD faces, to an almost bothersome degree considering how many there were and how ubiquitous this was. The animation was scarce but correct, with the nice smeary gunfight between L-elf and the dorssians being the highlight. But the layouts were a bit inconsistent in quality, some being up to the level of the show and others feeling a bit weak and misplaced.
In the end, the episode looked mostly good though. Better than some of the late S1 episodes for sure, and I'd say better than the previous one (bar the CG action which I always find hard to remember after the fact).

.... but why would anyone care about all this? that ending man, ERUERUFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Valvrave 15

THIS SHOW MAN!

I can't think of a better show that does the
OH SNAP I didn't see that... OH SNAP I REALLY DIDN'T SEE THAT
coming in the final 30 seconds of each episode.

Valvrave 15

THIS SHOW MAN!

LVWhVWM.jpg

Except Lost wanted to be taken seriously.

Shergal

Valvrave 15

THIS SHOW MAN!

It really got me because
I was already expecting L-Elf to exterminate Marie, so it came as a given. And then she starts standing up and it was like OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Hats off, really.

Soma

Kill La Kill Episode 04

Awful animation. No Satsuki. Filler. Terrible episode.

j/k shit was AWESOME

Kyousougiga Episode 03

Man this and KLK are just consistently neck and neck with each other when it comes to my favorite show of the season.

Pretty nice to see some of the spotlight on Kurama who before I never really cared for but this episode kinda made me appreciate him a bit more. The scenes with him and Myoue were pretty touching.

Also, Shoko owns. Having some actual context made the scenes with her searching for the controller even more enjoyable.

Valvrave Episodes 14-15

Ohhhhh godddddddddd Valvrave's crazy ride never stops!!!

Golden Time Episodes 4-5

Yeah this show (and even Koko herself) is growing on me. Things seem to be moving surprisingly fast here which I can't say is a bad thing. As far as currently airing romantic slife-of-life shows go, I think White Album 2 has the edge but we'll see how long both of these shows can sustain their quality.

Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 04

This show is so much more entertaining when you try not to hold it against any kind of high "standards" and just accept how dumb the writing is. As a result I've been finding this show (and this episode included) pretty entertaining.

Quasar

I think she's
the ex
but I also think that
she's some how responsible for Tada's memory loss, which might explain why she's kinda acting like she doesn't already know him.

I'm still thinking...
she dumped him and he then tried to kill himself on the bridge

Gazoinks

Shit. You might be unto something. I'm glad it's a 24 episode anime vs a 12. Cause if not we'd almost be halfway done.

Calling it now:
Banri has some sort of knowledge that could save the world from the evil shadow government Linda is a member of. Halfway through the series becomes a thriller. Also Koko is a robot from the future.

Samurai Flamenco 3

The first two episodes left me a little cold but this one something clicked for me. This show is dumb but its the kind of dumb I can get behind. The earnestness behind the characters is endearing and the chemistry between everyone makes it consistently entertaining.

CorvoSol

Coppelion 4

Aoi is worst girl.

Filters is Worse than Worst Girl.

Otherwise show is pretty great. Like seriously, it's an emotional trip. I felt happy, sad, and cathartic at different points in this episode. Coppelion is a ride and a fun one at that.

CorvoSol

Valvrave the Liberator ep 15
ahLBfIM.gif

My god, 2 twists out of nowhere is so dialled in. It's like a mecha soap opera.

You say it like its a bad thing. I eagerly await L-Elf's identical twin brother. Also is it just me or does it almost feel like this is School Days in space? Haruto is Makoto, Ruki is Sekai, Shoko is Katsura, and Marianne is SAURON, LORD OF EVIL.

Shergal

You say it like its a bad thing. I eagerly await L-Elf's identical twin brother. Also is it just me or does it almost feel like this is School Days in space? Haruto is Makoto, Ruki is Sekai, Shoko is Katsura, and Marianne is SAURON, LORD OF EVIL.

Don't forget Our Lord Jesus Christ

Gundam Build Fighters 2

At least this show didn't waste time confirming that Reiji
isn't human
the battle was incredible looking forward to the tournament.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

My only other explanation is
Linda already understands Tada's desire to establish his new self and doesn't want to try to influence this new start with his old life.

I'm still thinking...
she dumped him and he then tried to kill himself on the bridge

This could be very possible.

That brother better have a goatee. If not, it's gonna get fucking dropped, ya hear me? Oh and that future kid/prince/whatever is totally
L-Elf's kid
. And I still think that
some on is gonna die in a body jack and Akira's brother takes over for them
which would explain why
Akira's brother is immortal in the flashforward too.

Gazoinks

Usagi Drop 04

This show is so adorable it's illegal in 12 states.

Love interest for Daikichi go! Also a cliffhanger ending! Will things get sad next time?

Clannad 08-09

And so Fuko's arc ends, starfish forever!
Best girl Fuko is gone and everyone forgets her? Bleh. The wedding scene could've been executed better if the song played was different; the english lyrics were sudden and felt out of place in that moment. It was sad/bittersweet but the song kind of ruined it slightly imo.

Clannad 08-09

Best girl Fuko is gone and everyone forgets her? Bleh. The wedding scene could've been executed better if the song played was different; the english lyrics were sudden and felt out of place in that moment. It was sad/bittersweet but the song kind of ruined it slightly imo.

After Story has the issue where the ED is really upbeat. So after a heartbreaking scene all of a sudden you get this happy ass song that kills the mood.

CorvoSol

Don't forget Our Lord Jesus Christ

Kira isn't in this show, though.

That brother better have a goatee. If not, it's gonna get fucking dropped, ya hear me? Oh and that future kid/prince/whatever is totally
L-Elf's kid
. And I still think that
some on is gonna die in a body jack and Akira's brother takes over for them
which would explain why
Akira's brother is immortal in the flashforward too.

The brother has a goatee that is only visible when creeping on Shoko.

Usagi Drop 04

This show is so adorable it's illegal in 12 states.

Love interest for Daikichi go! Also a cliffhanger ending! Will things get sad next time?

That's not the only aspect of it that will be illegal in some states! Also, Kouki-kun's mom is so good.

Polar Bear Cafe 2

Not gonna lie, I'd go to Sasako Cafe.

Syrinx

Samurai Flamenco 3

I like this show. I gotta give it to the kid: his personal hero starts pretending to be Samurai Flamenco and he had the guts to confront him and tell him to stop. And the dude seemed to appreciate what he did as well.

I'm wondering when Mari and those other idol girls are going to get more involved, and it does seem a matter of "when" not "if" at this point.. She seemed curious to see if he was Samurai Flamenco. And she's a Red Axe nerd like he is.

Kill la Kill - 4

Good lord, even a filler episode was good in this show. This shit was hilarious.

Man this show has been on a roll lately. Despite it tripping ever so slightly with the CG last episode, it's been a ride so far. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Taruranto

Samurai Flamenco #3

RqgOpkn.jpg

Man, the QUALITY in the bromance scenes between Goto and Masayoshi is fracking distracting.

This episode... was not what I expected. At this point I'm starting to doubt he will ever get the suit.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad 08-09

Don't worry. This isn't the end of her story ;)

After Story has the issue where the ED is really upbeat. So after a heartbreaking scene all of a sudden you get this happy ass song that kills the mood.

yeah it does.
though that one episode where it transitions smoothly is really neat and well placed.

The brother has a goatee that is only visible when creeping on Shoko.

Wait the brother already exists!
Evil Twins also have eyepatches right? Who else do we know with silver hair and an eyepatch... :3

Gazoinks

Usagi Drop 05

"I'll hold you no matter how old you are..."

The reversal of the "It's sweat!" line was great.

The meeting with Rin's mother was interesting. She was very cold, but she did seem to actually care for Rin. It sucks, but it probably was the best choice to leave (aside from giving her up for adoption or somesuch), she doesn't seem capable of raising a kid at all.

Samurai Flamenco #3

RqgOpkn.jpg

And then i saw this and now I can't stop laughing.

Articalys

Okay, so that was a lot more than a couple of hours. Super late to everything. Quick impressions, then time to go catch up on five pages worth of posts.

-----------------------------

Samurai Flamenco ep.3

Now the show's starting to get fun,
with the older actor in on the secret
. Looking forward to more antics next week.

Galilei Donna ep.3

There's just something about this show that makes it constantly feel depressing, though maybe it was just the plot being discussed in the current episodes.
Kozuki having a near-mental breakdown over their current situation might be more realistic, I suppose, but it's not terribly fun to watch. Maybe now that they're going to start the hunt it might get interesting.

Golden Time ep.4

I'm surprised
they actually dealt with Koko's obsession that quickly. Of course now we have a not-entirely-unexpected twist that Banri previously knew one of the girls he just recently "met".

Kill la Kill ep.4

I'm sorry. This just isn't my kind of humor at all. Next episode looks interesting though.

Good to hear. My favorite scene in that whole show has to be this. It's from the OVA but my god I laughed too hard the first time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX9JcudDuJc&feature=player_detailpage#t=65

I also see you're named after Gintama. I can tell we'll get along
tumblr_mdx0lhN3oJ1qjlt7fo1_r1_500.gif

I haven't seen the OVA yet (I'll give it a look though), but I remember a scene just like that but it involved Eu and Ayumu in a cube and bamboo sticks shooting from the floor.

The comedy in this show was so good because it's like they didn't care for limits within the comedy.

Golden Time ep.4

I'm surprised
they actually dealt with Koko's obsession that quickly. Of course now we have a not-entirely-unexpected twist that Banri previously knew one of the girls he just recently "met".

I don't know if they've dealt with her obsession entirely. Next episode preview, unless was a flashback,
seems to show her still obsessed with whats his face.

Polar Bear Cafe 17

First half: I swear to god. Every time Grizzly is on the scene, the Bro-ness and Love shoots up to intense levels, and this time between a penguin and a grizzly! It's like... BEAMING in my face, so much DTL with it was with animals instead. You'd think Sasako would be on these trips more though.;

Second Half: That poor high school girl. I can understand why Rintarou doesn't have a girlfriend though. Even I felt annoyed by him that I was pausing here and there to soak it in without going nuts. I wonder if she'll ever appear again. Despite being plain, she didn't look too bad. But eh, where are you going to slot her in again?

Feels nice to watch something relaxing. Having no breaks on Pokemon is a bit taxing on the soul.

kewlmyc

I want to go but Chicago's show time is just absurd. 9:45 PM on a Sunday...they'll probably start the actual movie around ten...no thanks Music Box.

Hence why I'm taking the following Monday off from work.

Golden Time 04

I'm not sure how I feel about Koko. I can see why Mitsuo hates her. She was a true bitch in that scene with Chinami, but she realized it as soon as it was over, so at least she's trying to get better. Also
called the whole Linda bit. Wonder where they're going to go with that.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 34

They made an old woman with a back problem hike up a mountain. I get what you girls were trying to do, but damn, for all you knew, you could have killed the poor woman.

Galilei Donna 03

Ehhhhhh. The plot is kinda interesting though kinda obvious thanks to that whole segment at the start of this episode.

The characters are still boring and terrible.

Polar Bear Cafe 18

Clearly the standards for scary stuff is varying and not a standard. I guess humans are better though.

Llama for cockblocker 2012-2016. Actually standards in general were misplaced, but THATS how it is with these crazy animals.

Kyoukai no Kanata 4

Still don't understand the hate. This was awesome. Yeah, I rolled my eyes a bit at the "
because you're a bespectacled beauty
" line, but I still feel like the good far outweighs the bad with this show.

Did really feel like a final episode, though (
aside from not resolving the Mirai/Sakura thing
), so I'm interested to see where they go from here.

Yeah I think that was the first time that I really started to hear some of the complaints about the writing in the show but I'm rationalizing it in my head as a nickname that shows the bond of friendship between the two! If that's the case then it was absolutely appropriate to say that line at that time! Ha!

As for where they'll take the show from here, my guess is we'll finally see her
join the literature club
and I dunno maybe get involved with that random teacher for fun times to be had?

Gosick - 1

This show's OP sounds somewhat similar to Gurren Lagann's for some reason.

For an introductory episode, this wasn't too bad. Victorique went from only slightly adorable to really adorable when her curiosity exploded outside. So it's good to know that our supporting female isn't an all-serious bore-fest. Still though, I'm hoping they pick up the pace in the suspense department, because that's the one thing I felt was lacking here. Ah well, it's only the first episode.
Gosick had some good parts and some bad parts, but I thought it was alright overall... but then about 2/3rds of the way through there was an episode that was so unpleasant and bad that I just could not continue anymore. I will hate that episode forever, I think...

Posting Despera images should be illegal. =(
Never, not until it's officially cancelled, don't give up hope... even if there isn't much of any left, a miracle could happen and it could actually get made, you never know...

Record of Lodoss War HD 1

Beautiful. This is the way Lodoss was always meant to be seen. It's crazy to think that the artists put all this detail into the series without ever knowing if it would be seen by the audience; as it is, we're only truly seeing it 23 years later.

For those young whippersnappers here who don't know, Record of Lodoss War is basically a series of novelizations of a certain group's Dungeons and Dragons sessions. The 1990 OVA was pretty popular, and it remains the best depiction of D&D in visual media(for what little that is worth).

The animation is certainly lacking at times, in fact, it could probably be more accurately described as a motion comic much of the time, and it makes liberal use of reused footage. It makes up for that to some degree by having exceptionally detailed character designs and layouts, but it's only now that it's being released on bluray that it will be possible to fully appreciate that craftsmanship. The first episode, of course, is not representative in that it's very well-animated in addition to being insanely detailed.

It's certainly not a perfect series, but it's an enjoyable high fantasy adventure with a good score and strong art direction. The archetypal nature of the story is straightforward, but it's executed well.
Looks very nice... I remember thinking that Lodoss was okay but nothing great (average fantasy story, nothing more), but it does look like a nicely improved version of it visually at least.

I'm gonna give you a fair warning. If Harutora and Ichika from IS had a dense male competition, they would both not realize they were part of the competition and wake up late.
While that is probably true, at least Tokyo Ravens has a setup which partially explains away Harutora's continuing denseness... though I don't think that'll get introduced in the anime until next episode? But yeah, he did show even in ep. 1 how dense he is, that is true. But still, at least in that series they have a bit of an excuse for some of it, while IS has not just nothing, but pretty much the opposite end of things, scenario-wise. And that's why Ichika would win that competition -- despite facing so much more harem antics, he still doesn't get it at all. But sure, Harutora's in the running.

Kill me baby OAV

Good old kill me baby , stupid jokes , stupid situations and all good fun
I thought Kill Me Baby sold badly... but just well enough to get an OVA, I guess! I'll probably watch this, the show was moderately amusing.

Golden Time 04

Really impressed in the pacing for this show, as it's a 24-episode anime. I have to agree with Mitsuo
so far concerning Koko despite her childlike personality (resulting in unstoppable sassy/bitch mode) and unable to date her. The Linda bit was surprising even with the predictions I saw, didn't actually think she was someone from Banri's past.
Hope we get more Chinami episodes soon! Her expressions were great when confronted with Koko.

Gazoinks

Golden Boy 3

I don't know who Kintaro's English VA is, but he's my hero.

I liked this one the most so far. The whole scene at the horse track completely cracked me up. Also much more toned down in ecchi stuff compared to the last two, although I assume that won't stay the case.

Golden Boy 4

"So. How do you like my swimming?"

This one was also a lot of fun. The first swimming scene and the bit where the instructor is yelling at him and he repeats it and then, when she asks if he agrees with what she said, he responds with a passionate "Not a word of it!" were the best bits for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom