• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY GODDDDDD
OHMYGODOHMYGODOHHHHMYYYYYGODDDDDDDD

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10249297

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
While I worship Kurumi with all of my lv 27 heart and I love that they've used the LN cover as the basis for her pose, I agree that the face isn't befitting of her majesty. My religious beliefs require me to buy at least 1 figure of her regardless, but I'm going to hold fire on this for now to see if a superior alternative materialises.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 8

Guess the anime had to go down the unfortunate route and become pretty bad, really only watching it due to anime club and the ending va moments during the song are the best, everyone is so hilarious, why cant the anime be like it.

Railgun S 4 & 5

Episode 4 was awful, why would anyone want to watch them trying on clothes and outfits, how dull. 5 though
best episode yet, Accelerator is like epic incarnate and needs even more screentime, when he walked over the bomb and came out unscatched and then when he dropped the entire train on her, best moment all season

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kyousougiga Episode 4:

I guess I am the only one who really is not interested in having everything in this show explain every little facet of this world and characters. Some of the methods are clever, like why Koto's hammer can break stuff is very sharply and subtly explained if you pay enough attention. I suppose I am never going to see this for the alleged brilliance that people tell me it is mainly because I have been watching nothing but backstory and exposition for the past four episodes.Points are getting belabored or indeed flat out repeated and I am craving some forward momentum. This show remains the overrated and underhated program of the season.

fertygo

LOL Underhated

Fate /Zero - 09 (rewatch)

I don't remember liking this episode much, but I like it a lot more now.. I still wish they give more detail to Sola-Ui's act so casual watcher not thinking she just simply fall to Lancer's mole, but whatever.. they nail the characterization of Lancer here,
that full of regret can't stay loyal to his mater.

The Rider/Waver stuff at 2nd half also really good.

duckroll

Kyousougiga TV - Episode 4

Not that great this week. I really liked the flashback parts of Yase's story, but aside from that the narrative focus felt pretty padded. Not much else to say. Yase is kinda zzz anyway.

Theonik

Kids on the Slope 05
That was a pretty good episode. I really like the way inter-personal relations are portrayed in this show, and
Bon's mom especially was interesting to see../SPOILER]
Music is pretty good too.

Kyousougiga Episode 4:

This was pretty nice ... this anime is going fully on the characters but this isn't that bad.

So far it's a good anime

Anyway , i'm pretty happy that along with char, cecillia and houki from (IS ) , koto & yase from kyousougiga are in Super Heroine Chronicle

Defuser

Kyoukai no Kanata ep 5

cJmdj6I.jpg

Dat black abyss damn you Kyoani.

Fj2OVjc.jpg

Dammit, whats with Kyoani and their unintended best older girls? First Touka, Oreki's sister, Ama-chan and now sexy sensei.

Kyoani should just go for a full blown ecchi show, that will probably decrease Japan's birthrate even more.

CorvoSol

iirc there's one more scanlation left. ... season 2 of sigma pls :{{

At this point I think I'm just gonna have to be content with the last volume of the manga. The light novels are done, the manga is done, and the scanlators ain't doin' Another, so I think I can assume there will be no more FMP from here on out. :(

GGG 22-

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?
Am I done with these shit episodes yet?

I think episode 30 is definitely the end of the MotW stuff.

I can't wait for you to get to the later titles on the list!
Also I should perhaps watch this. Hmmmm....

Today is new anime day, though, so I will probably wait till Friday for to watch Baoh.

Coppelion - 5

next week.

Dude looks like Final Fantasy Type-0's Cid Aulstyne.

NeonZ

I think episode 30 is definitely the end of the MotW stuff.

Episode 30 is the end of the first arc, but technically the episodic stories end a bit earlier than that when the "final" battle starts.

Subaru : " screw that ! why should i hide ? i'm gonna go straight ahead like a moron ! "

-------------
Seriously , they are making the character bad on purpose.

Aren't you picking on him though? The first one that rushed by himself was Ryuho.

But, yeah, the animation in that episode was really bad. Still, we got updated stock footage of Kouga's Pegasus Sui Sei Ken, now with the New cloth and they didn't mess that up.

cajunator

Banned
Aria
Haibane Renmei
Sora no Woto

All of the above are excellent choices and you cannot go wrong.

So Serial Experiment Lain. Worth watching? I'm not big on little girl anime. Madoka was the first if I recall. But I am big on very good grim dark.

Hell yes. Mindfuck city. Very very relevant show today.

Just wanted to second the Shinsekai Yori/From the New World recommendation. It absolutely nails all of your first four top points.

- It's most definitely weird - I don't think I've seen another anime like it
- It can be incredibly creepy (mostly in the subtle "unsettling atmosphere" sense, which there is a lot of, but there's at least one memorable episode that is basically a beautifully-executed horror movie).
- The worldbuilding is practically unparalleled in the medium and one of the biggest draws of the show
- The plot and character dynamics go all over the place, with tons of development and shifting of focus, while still remaining coherent.

I'm not sure I'd call the series melodramatic per se, it's not really humorous, and fighting isn't really a focus (though it does have some great and unique action sequences here and there), but it nails those top four points so perfectly that I think you'd be crazy not to give it a good try.

...And there is most certainly some serious homoeroticism in there.

I am watching it, and I am loving it.

SSY is a pretty special show. Incredibly unsettling and at times maybe even frightening. Very interesting atmosphere to it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The Galilei Donna Twitter is trying to convince people that this week's episode won't suck. Can they be trusted? Probably not.

All those methane hydrate fumes in the atmosphere sure are imbuing everything with a fluorescent glow.

Articalys

Before the Thursday show rush, a quick update with the extended sales list:
Code:
2013 10/21~10/27 BD List
-- (*21)	---	*2,768	**2,768	**1	Saint Onii-san LE
-- (*22)	---	*2,464	**2,464	**1	Teekyuu season 2
-- (*24)	---	*2,221	**2,221	**1	Dangan Ronpa v3
-- (*25)	---	*2,150	**2,150	**1	Servant x Service v3
-- (*26)	---	*2,104	**2,104	**1	Love Lab v2
-- (*29)	---	*1,831	**1,831	**1	Karneval v6
-- (*30)	---	*1,810	**1,810	**1	Brothers Conflict v3
-- (*31)	---	*1,622	**1,622	**1	Yamato yo Towa ni
-- (*32)	---	*1,572	**1,572	**1	Kimi ni Iru Machi v2
-- (*33)	---	*1,536	**1,536	**1	Uchouten Kazoku v2
-- (*36)	---	*1,283	**1,283	**1	Gin no Saji v2
-- (*38)	*19	*1,227	*38,609	**5	Love Live! v7
-- (*39)	---	*1,210	**1,210	**1	Photokano v5
-- (*40)	---	*1,204	**1,204	**1	Eve no Jikan LE
-- (*42)	**3	*1,069	*11,953	**2	Hanasaku Iroha Home Sweet Home LE
-- (*43)	---	*1,033	**1,033	**1	Hakkenden -Touhou Hakken Ibun- v8
-- (*45)	---	*1,009	**1,009	**1	Fantasista Doll v2
-- (*47)	---	**,972	***,972	**1	Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt BD Box
-- (*53)	---	**,779	***,779	**1	Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku v2
-- (*59)	---	**,667	***,667	**1	RDG Red Data Girl v5
-- (*61)	---	**,648	***,648	**1	Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties v4
-- (*63)	---	**,616	***,616	**1	Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou v2
-- (*65)	---	**,571	***,571	**1	Zetsuen no Tempest v10
-- (*66)	**4	**,555	**8,836	**2	Hataraku Maou-sama! v4
-- (*67)	*12	**,515	*18,875	**3	Free! v2
-- (*71)	---	**,490	***,490	**1	Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi v2
-- (*72)	---	**,474	***,474	**1	Senyuu. 2 v1
-- (*76)	*18	**,449	*34,224	**6	Shingeki no Kyojin v3
-- (*78)	---	**,436	***,436	**1	Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyo v2
-- (*85)	*47	**,391	*23,344	*14	Love Live! v5
-- (*87)	*83	**,383	*90,818	*14	Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: Hajimari no Monogatari / Eien no Monogatari LE
-- (*94)	*23	**,310	*38,587	*10	Shingeki no Kyojin v2
-- (*95)	*34	**,305	*14,730	**5	Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken v9
-- (100)	*24	**,295	*51,473	*15	Shingeki no kyojin v1
So the Saint Young Men movie sold about 6528 overall in its first week.
Also note the Panty & Stocking BD box sold a fantastic 972 copies.

Anyway, updates to the Summer 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales list:
39,741 *1 Monogatari Series Second Season [DVD+BD]: 2013/10/23
32,337 *6 Free! [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/11
13,057 *3 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G [DVD+BD]: 2013/10/02
12,384 *3 Brothers Conflict [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21 [Large event ticket effect]
*9,676 *2 High School DxD NEW [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*7,575 *4 Kin-iro Mosaic [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25 [●] [Approx ~700-775 DVDs wk1 not included]
*6,898 *2 Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/27 [●] [Approx ~800-825 DVDs wk1 not included]
*6,650 *3 Dangan Ronpa [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/28
*5,473 *2 Kimi ni Iru Machi [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25
*5,375 *3 Servant x Service [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
*5,001 *3 Love Lab [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/20
*4,596 *3 Choujigen Game Neptune [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25 [●] [Approx ~700-775 DVDs wk1 not included]
*3,682 *2 Roukyuubu! SS [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25 [●]
*2,601 *1 Gin no Saji [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/18
*2,464 *1 Teekyuu 2 [BD]: 2013/10/25 [single complete volume only]
*2,399 *2 Uchouten Kazoku [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25 [●] [Approx ~700-775 DVDs wk1 not included]
*2,370 *1 Makai Ouji devils and realist [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/18
*2,072 *2 Rozen Maiden (2013) [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/30 [●]
*1,205 *1 Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! [DVD+BD]: 2013/10/02 [●]
**,932 *1 Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25 [●]
**,908 *1 Fantasista Doll [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/20 [●]
**,809 *1 Genshiken Nidaime [BD]: 2013/09/04
**,656 *1 Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/25 [●]
**,558 *1 Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/18 [●]
**,474 *1 Senyuu. 2 [DVD+BD]: 2013/10/25 [●]
**,455 *1 Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/20 [●]
**,441 *1 Futari wa Milky Holmes [DVD+BD]: 2013/10/16 [●]
**,267 *1 Stella Jogakuin Kotouka C3-bu [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/18 [●]

No data (below thresholds)
**,*** ** Blood Lad [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/27 [below 630 BD/829 DVD first week]
**,*** ** Gifuu Doudou! Kanetsugu to Keiji [DVD]: 2013/10/25 [below 549 DVD first week]

And as usual, anything with a dot next to it was sold on both BD and DVD but DVD numbers were below the thresholds, though you can make a range guess on the higher-selling ones.

Nafe

I was going to respond to these earlier but my internet went out.

---

I like yours as well.

I would definitely play Call of Duty for that x)

Yeah, it's Ghost from Modern Warfare 2. I happened to come across it so I thought it would work as an avatar for now with it being a "Ghost" and it's anime-like as well. I might keep it or just go right back to Laura after, I don't know.

In terms of revenge-ghosts, she is probably the best kind to have. :p

Haha, sou da ne.

It's because hipster has come to mean both - the people who find new fads and the people who chase those fads. lol

Sounds confusing,haha.

Come to IRC! lol

It's Really Creepy though,haha.

Yeah, maybe I'll make a visit again. I guess it's been awhile since then but I remember people saying Solune hadn't been showing up there for a little bit as well.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 01 - 04:

God. I've been in the mood for some good ole' fashioned space adventure, and 2199 is totally giving me that delicious satisfaction. I haven't had any issues with the CG thus far, and the soundtrack is sooooo good. The retro vibes are amazing.

Why don't more people talk about this show? Or am I just blind?

Glad you like it! The show quickly became a personal favorite of mine, although I'm not finished watching it yet. There's been a few more people lately who have picked up the show, or others are getting back to watching and commenting on it because its now fully released. firehawk and I have been talking a little about the show lately as well.

Interesting stuff about the monogatari novels as well. Thanks for sharing that.

Rozen Maiden 2013 1-4

I've put off watching this because of my unfamiliarity with the franchise, but I'm glad I finally got around to watching it because this is quite good. It's well directed with some really good characterization. Thanks to those who kept praising this, because I probably would have overlooked this otherwise.

Glad you're enjoying it. It really did turn out to be a well made and enjoyable show in my opinion. One of my favorites for both the season and the year.

Pretty nice. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

fertygo

Fate /Zero - 10 (rewatch)

Yeah this episode felt worthless after rewatch and knowing they prolong this than put more important detail, meh..

madp

The Light of El Cantare
At least that second one implies that justice was served and Kazuki got her face stuck in an industrial trash compactor, right? Right?!?!

cajunator

Banned
Sain sey- We don't have money anymore - 77

i feared this ...

...but it happened anyway !

You've made a splendid episode full of good animation and special effects ?( epp 76 ) No don't have money anymore guys !!

If they didn't use the stock footage they had on stock , the episode would have been really crap , as it stand it's only half crappy... thank god there was this CONVENIENT SMOKE so that nobody could see properly !

This episode was horrible all on aspects

Everyone : "we need a plan because we are near the boss castle and the plaza is full of strong guys "

Subaru : " screw that ! why should i hide ? i'm gonna go straight ahead like a moron ! "

-------------
Seriously , they are making the character bad on purpose.

This art. WOW. I dont even..

tokyo raven 4

so now its just a highschool show. don't really care too much about big tittie ojousama, but harems are harems.

natsume is still super adorable.

and the new familiar kon is adorable too.

ix18CNSP66NSm.gif

God that familiar. So good!

I like this picture.

Copellion - 05

There are way too many people in a capital where :

- you die in 10 minutes if you breath normal air
- toxic nuclear waste everywhere
- a large part of the buildings are crumbling
- supplies are limited
- wildlife has taken place
-12 years have passed

Seriously , there are plenty of escuse provided but heck i don't think we would have that many survivors if it happenned IRL

And how did the girl got pregnant ? in the "planet" there are like not that many candidates to be the father ...

So its a post apocalyptic nature takes over city kind of setting? Like Shangri La?
Shangri La is a fun series. Nobody watches it though.

You're really going to hnnngh yourself to death tonight, aren't you?

Well I survived somehow.

Hattori

Banned
Yeah, it's Ghost from Modern Warfare 2. I happened to come across it so I thought it would work as an avatar for now with it being a "Ghost" and it's anime-like as well. I might keep it or just go right back to Laura after, I don't know.

It's up to you, but I vote to keep :)

cajunator

Banned
A random solicitation for what?

Oh, you know :D
But...she needs ears and a tail dont you think? they would look good on her.

Happy Halloween Yoshinari!
Thanks for the bluray!

I donated 100$ to this worthy cause.

KLK doesn't come across as try-hard to me. It's intense and off-the-wall, but it doesn't feel like it's straining to be that way. KnK is try-hard.

This is true. KLK is very comfortable with what it is. KNK is floundering for relevance (but it has Mirai so thats ok)

Today is the SPOOKIEST day of the year!

Let's get some quick Halloween anime recommendations in here, whether they be a short OVA or a full spooky movie or even one or two relevant episodes from an anime.

• Squid Girl 03.1 - 2degeso4me
This seems to be my go-to holiday show. I love this show. It's also great for just watching out of the blue because it's just one of those drop-right-in-no-real-storyline kinds of shows.

"Onee-chan please change the channel because I'm so spooked I WON'T be able to pee my pants!"

Yeah sure bro

cHR4FSY.png

Sharks and orcas actually are scarier than dead people, Ika Musume is right in this case. I want to be a shark for Halloween now. A zombie shark. A zombie robot shark. LOL convenient exposition voice.

The moral of the story: the only good bug is a dead bug

Just watch a couple episodes of Tsukuyomi Moonphase.
vQGOK03.jpg

Wow, the graphics look pretty nice!
It's alright , aside for the resolution there is nothing ground breaking in either the effects nor the character models. They also aren't polishing every 2D model ( in VN mode ) in order for each to keep their original look. Sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn't.

You mean, Super Kugimiya Chronicles.
I heard what you said there.

Aren't you picking on him though? The first one that rushed by himself was Ryuho.
I would have tolerated this scene if that wasn't the very problem with the character since it was introduced.
As for ryuho , i would rush by myself if ikki the phoenix was behind me as a backup.( not to mention shun ) It was a move because he had backup and he knew about the overall situation of the battlefield ( athena was on her way ) it's nothing but perfectly understandable. Subaru had none of those infos yet insisted to charge ahead like a moron.

But, yeah, the animation in that episode was really bad. Still, we got updated stock footage of Kouga's Pegasus Sui Sei Ken, now with the New cloth and they didn't mess that up.

Yeah i guess new stock footage is alright

Protag

Banned
LOL Underhated

Fate /Zero - 09 (rewatch)

I don't remember liking this episode much, but I like it a lot more now.. I still wish they give more detail to Sola-Ui's act so casual watcher not thinking she just simply fall to Lancer's mole, but whatever.. they nail the characterization of Lancer here,
that full of regret can't stay loyal to his mater.

The Rider/Waver stuff at 2nd half also really good.

Series was so,so beast.

I need the collection.

And hopefully Stay night is re-done and its as good....

This art. WOW. I dont even..

See my other post ? this wasn't over yet !

So its a post apocalyptic nature takes over city kind of setting? Like Shangri La?
Shangri La is a fun series. Nobody watches it though.

It's in tokyo where a new kind of energy plant exploded leaving the city barren.. so yeah it's nature takes over city in the setting , but unlike shangri-la it's not action focused it's more based on the characters and the meeting they had in the barren city ..

SO don't expect too much it's very different from shangri-la.

Defuser

Nagi Asukara ep 5
Hikari likes Manaka, Chisaki likes Hikari, Manaka is confused between Tsumugu and Hikari, Miuna likes Hikari, Kaname may liked Chisaki, Manaka's fish leg takes a crap in Hikari's living room carpet and and here's a new twist ,Tsumugu can't get a erection for Shioshishio for 8 months.

It's only episode 5 of this 26 episode series and Mari Okada clusterfuck relationships is getting bigger.

Nagi Asukara ep 5
Hikari likes Manaka, Chisaki likes Hikari, Manaka is confused between Tsumugu and Hikari, Miuna likes Hikari, Kaname may liked Chisaki, Manaka's fish leg takes a crap in Hikari's living room carpet and and here's a new twist ,Tsumugu can't get a erection for Shioshishio for 8 months.

It's only episode 5 of this 26 episode series and Mari Okada clusterfuck relationships is getting bigger.

I dont know, I think there is still room for Hikari and Tsumuku, and even Kaname and Hikari.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kyoukai no Kanata 5

Enjoyable, if not nearly as interesting as the previous four episodes. Fight scene felt like it was just crammed in there to check off a box ("Oh yeah, this is an action show, better throw in a fight somewhere!). Good stuff otherwise, though.

CorvoSol

Time for Super Anime Thursday again. See you all in a while.

I'm so jealous.

I'd say that it improves substantially beyond that point but I'd be unwilling to call it 'great'.

The show's final battles were awesome. Also I watched GGG at the same time I was watching 00, so it was basically an amazing show compared to that filth. I've seen so much horrible mecha that I suppose I can confess that my perception of what is a good mecha is somewhat skewed these days.

That said, I really feel like GGG is a great children's mecha show, and it had some pretty amazing moments. Most importantly GGGFinal's
Hammering the Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom