• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

Happy Birthday!
Yeah. Happy Birthday, Dynedom

Any ways magi was dragging stills across the screens before inferno cop and it was actually funny when it was doing it.

http://i.minus.com/ibq8UVIBka5zJN.gif
Dat production problems.
Dragged paper cutouts from His and Her Circumstances' episode 19 rocked. Mr. Imaishi & Co. still win!

I know Valvrave is priceless, but it looks like Aniplex finally managed to put a price on it.

koHlvR6.png
Aniplex, Inc. reign of terror must be stopped before its too late. Things begin with little "errors" like these thrown as baits to test the waters, but soon enough we will truly be paying by the nose! :-D

Dayumn, that's Ice Cold.
Look who we have here out of those twitter realms! Welcome back. :)

Jex

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 01 - 04:

God. I've been in the mood for some good ole' fashioned space adventure, and 2199 is totally giving me that delicious satisfaction. I haven't had any issues with the CG thus far, and the soundtrack is sooooo good. The retro vibes are amazing.

Why don't more people talk about this show? Or am I just blind?
A few of us have been championing the series but given it's release schedule it's not suprising that a number of people haven't watched it.

Gazoinks

Samurai Flamenco 04

I didn't like this episode much. Between Jijo and Mari, this show is completely failing to interest me in the side characters. If anything they're degrading my enjoyment of the show. I liked the idea of this episode, Mari being the sidekick was a good idea as was her being a more brutal fighter, but... Eh, I dunno, just didn't really hold me. Maybe it would've worked better if she had more development before hand, but I didn't find Mari likable enough for this plot to fully work for me.

I can't believe they pulled the magic indentity-obscuring domino mask with a straight face. Come on that's so dumb.

...also random yuri moment? I guess it balances out the bromance or something.

Legitimately surprised Mari isn't Goto's girlfriend, although she's apparently interested in him now I guess.

/XX/

Upcoming 'blowout' of information for Blue URU in just three days from now? Maybe someone else from here still wants to be illusioned for a thing like this, along myself:

『蒼きウル』ガイナックスBIG3スペシャルトークショー | 新潟市がアニメ・マンガ一色に染まる二日間!『がたふぇすvol.4』11/2・3開催
http://www.niigata-animemangafes.com/aokiuru.html

Talk-show to be held on November, 3 and featuring the "Big Three" of the studio (Mr. Akai, Mr. Takeda & Mr. Yamaga) at Niigata Anime Manga Festival 2013.

Was Hyouka based off a LN? Because if so, I'll edit my statement to "good LN" if not, original statement stands.
Hyouka is Schrodinger's Light Novels.
All volumes released as "proper novels" already, so no shame now...
this just speaks for how arbitrary are some self-imposed labels.

What I'm saying is, it's time to start watching Boardwalk Empire.
Funny you say that precisely the day the new season premieres here in Spain. Already on it, sir! :)

Dragging this out from the archives, since there's been a bit of new news on it:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-kingdom-of-dreams-and-madness-gets-subtitles

Seven minute digest preview video of the film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYYdevvn1vc
Kind of preferred the 'Insane' translation for that title...

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 01 - 04:

God. I've been in the mood for some good ole' fashioned space adventure, and 2199 is totally giving me that delicious satisfaction. I haven't had any issues with the CG thus far, and the soundtrack is sooooo good. The retro vibes are amazing.

Why don't more people talk about this show? Or am I just blind?
Had posted about the series extensively as it was coming out. 1 2 3 4

Jex

[Samurai Flamenco] - 4

I hope no-one here was hoping for the production values on this project to improve because it still looks dreadful. I think there was more off-model shots than on-model shots.

cajunator

Banned
While I worship Kurumi with all of my lv 27 heart and I love that they've used the LN cover as the basis for her pose, I agree that the face isn't befitting of her majesty. My religious beliefs require me to buy at least 1 figure of her regardless, but I'm going to hold fire on this for now to see if a superior alternative materialises.

I agree the face is a bit off, but that why I buy multiple figurines XD
I ordered her as soon as I saw it. It was fate.
Can always get a second one later!

LOL Underhated

Fate /Zero - 09 (rewatch)

I don't remember liking this episode much, but I like it a lot more now.. I still wish they give more detail to Sola-Ui's act so casual watcher not thinking she just simply fall to Lancer's mole, but whatever.. they nail the characterization of Lancer here,
that full of regret can't stay loyal to his mater.

The Rider/Waver stuff at 2nd half also really good.

Rider/Waver stuff is the main reason this show is so awesome.

Adorably so.

Your avatar. I really like it.

Kyousougiga Episode 4:

This was pretty nice ... this anime is going fully on the characters but this isn't that bad.

So far it's a good anime

Anyway , i'm pretty happy that along with char, cecillia and houki from (IS ) , koto & yase from kyousougiga are in Super Heroine Chronicle

This looks fairly interesting but unfortunately its an SRPG.

The Galilei Donna Twitter is trying to convince people that this week's episode won't suck. Can they be trusted? Probably not.

Hmmm. That one girl is a super cutie but I dunno if I want to sit through this show.

Before the Thursday show rush, a quick update with the extended sales list:
Code:
2013 10/21~10/27 BD List
-- (*21)	---	*2,768	**2,768	**1	Saint Onii-san LE
-- (*22)	---	*2,464	**2,464	**1	Teekyuu season 2
-- (*24)	---	*2,221	**2,221	**1	Dangan Ronpa v3
-- (*25)	---	*2,150	**2,150	**1	Servant x Service v3
-- (*26)	---	*2,104	**2,104	**1	Love Lab v2
-- (*29)	---	*1,831	**1,831	**1	Karneval v6
-- (*30)	---	*1,810	**1,810	**1	Brothers Conflict v3
-- (*31)	---	*1,622	**1,622	**1	Yamato yo Towa ni
-- (*32)	---	*1,572	**1,572	**1	Kimi ni Iru Machi v2
-- (*33)	---	*1,536	**1,536	**1	Uchouten Kazoku v2
-- (*36)	---	*1,283	**1,283	**1	Gin no Saji v2
-- (*38)	*19	*1,227	*38,609	**5	Love Live! v7
-- (*39)	---	*1,210	**1,210	**1	Photokano v5
-- (*40)	---	*1,204	**1,204	**1	Eve no Jikan LE
-- (*42)	**3	*1,069	*11,953	**2	Hanasaku Iroha Home Sweet Home LE
-- (*43)	---	*1,033	**1,033	**1	Hakkenden -Touhou Hakken Ibun- v8
-- (*45)	---	*1,009	**1,009	**1	Fantasista Doll v2
-- (*47)	---	**,972	***,972	**1	Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt BD Box
-- (*53)	---	**,779	***,779	**1	Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku v2
-- (*59)	---	**,667	***,667	**1	RDG Red Data Girl v5
-- (*61)	---	**,648	***,648	**1	Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties v4
-- (*63)	---	**,616	***,616	**1	Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou v2
-- (*65)	---	**,571	***,571	**1	Zetsuen no Tempest v10
-- (*66)	**4	**,555	**8,836	**2	Hataraku Maou-sama! v4
-- (*67)	*12	**,515	*18,875	**3	Free! v2
-- (*71)	---	**,490	***,490	**1	Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi v2
-- (*72)	---	**,474	***,474	**1	Senyuu. 2 v1
-- (*76)	*18	**,449	*34,224	**6	Shingeki no Kyojin v3
-- (*78)	---	**,436	***,436	**1	Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyo v2
-- (*85)	*47	**,391	*23,344	*14	Love Live! v5
-- (*87)	*83	**,383	*90,818	*14	Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: Hajimari no Monogatari / Eien no Monogatari LE
-- (*94)	*23	**,310	*38,587	*10	Shingeki no Kyojin v2
-- (*95)	*34	**,305	*14,730	**5	Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken v9
-- (100)	*24	**,295	*51,473	*15	Shingeki no kyojin v1
So the Saint Young Men movie sold about 6528 overall in its first week.
Also note the Panty & Stocking BD box sold a fantastic 972 copies.

Anyway, updates to the Summer 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales list:

Love Live is a beast! How come it sells such high numbers?

Thats....not good.

The Parcel Force/Customs charge to liberate my Little Witch Academia BD came to £24.38, if anyone is curious about that...

Pricey but so worth it. You did a good thing!

See my other post ? this wasn't over yet !

It's in tokyo where a new kind of energy plant exploded leaving the city barren.. so yeah it's nature takes over city in the setting , but unlike shangri-la it's not action focused it's more based on the characters and the meeting they had in the barren city ..

SO don't expect too much it's very different from shangri-la.

Disappointing. I was hoping for something a bit similar. Is there anything similar to Shangri La?

Gazoinks

[Samurai Flamenco] - 4

I hope no-one here was hoping for the production values on this project to improve because it still looks dreadful. I think there was more off-model shots than on-model shots.

Soon enough the off-model shots will become so common they'll be the new model.

cajunator

Banned
Kyoukai no Kanata 5

Enjoyable, if not nearly as interesting as the previous four episodes. Fight scene felt like it was just crammed in there to check off a box ("Oh yeah, this is an action show, better throw in a fight somewhere!). Good stuff otherwise, though.

If I were to accuse this show of anything it would be that its a bit too paint by numers. KyoAni is trying too hard to pander specifically to certain things to a laughable degree (and still succeeding to pander to me)

Would love to see how they fair with an anime focusing on a younger male and an older female MC.

Hmmm. I wouldnt mind this.

Samurai Flamenco 4

New hero get!

I think Hazama found out why that place was dangerous... for the wrong reasons.

You've got my attention now!

Out of nowhere, Crunchyroll has announced that they will begin simulcasting ONE PIECE!
Saturdays at 7:00pm Pacific Time, which I believe is the same time that Funimation currently simulcasts it as well.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/10/31-1/crunchyroll-to-simulcast-one-piece-anime

I can think of a few people who are very happy at this development

Out of nowhere, Crunchyroll has announced that they will begin simulcasting ONE PIECE!
Saturdays at 7:00pm Pacific Time, which I believe is the same time that Funimation currently simulcasts it as well.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/10/31-1/crunchyroll-to-simulcast-one-piece-anime

That's amazing! While it reeks I'll still be watching it in SD since I don't have a CR membership. It'll still be amazing to watch my HxH on the same site as my One Piece.

Mature

Upcoming 'blowout' of information for Blue URU in just three days from now? Maybe someone else from here still wants to be illusioned for a thing like this, along myself:

『蒼きウル』ガイナックスBIG3スペシャルトークショー | 新潟市がアニメ・マンガ一色に染まる二日間!『がたふぇすvol.4』11/2・3開催
http://www.niigata-animemangafes.com/aokiuru.html
Was just thinking about Blue Uru yesterday. I'm also "excited" that it's happening, but my expectations aren't particularly high. Though, honestly, I think i'll be amazed by it if it manages to not use CG, but that doesn't seem very likely. I wonder if a "blowout" of information would constitute some footage? I think I'd be happy with more artwork at this point.

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 05

This episode was awesome. Got a little world info
Nudist Beach. NUDIST BEACH.
some nice character moments (hopefully we'll see more of that, it's the main thing the series has been lacking so far imo), and some good action.

Mako even more best.
PatbKvM.gif

She should also join the wrestling club.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Rozen Maiden 2013 1-4

I've put off watching this because of my unfamiliarity with the franchise, but I'm glad I finally got around to watching it because this is quite good. It's well directed with some really good characterization. Thanks to those who kept praising this, because I probably would have overlooked this otherwise.

I'm working my way through traumend right now, I have seen very little of rozen maiden 2013 except a short gif of suigentou which the animation looked superb, which I cant say about the first season of rozen maiden, I cant wait to get to it even though its apparently a reboot

LordCanti

Samumenco 04

This is the demented path I want them to walk down. Forever. Ball stomping is truly the ultimate finishing move.

Kill la Kill 05

This is the best show currently airing. If you're not watching it, you should give it at least three episodes to see if you'd enjoy it.

Kyoukai no Kanata 05

It still seems like a supernatural plot tacked onto a slice of life show, but they're making strides towards selling the supernatural elements I guess.

Kyousougiga 04

This is the second best show of the season for me. I don't know how it will hold up once they're done with
character introduction episodes
but I'm very hopeful. If I can't have any more Uchouten Kazoku, I'll take some more Kyousougiga.

cajunator

Banned
Kill La Kill 05

This episode was awesome. Got a little world info
Nudist Beach. NUDIST BEACH.
some nice character moments (hopefully we'll see more of that, it's the main thing the series has been lacking so far imo), and some good action.

Mako even more best.
PatbKvM.gif

She should also join the wrestling club.

From a design standpoint, Big Hat Loli still wins style points, but Mako is quickly winning my squees with her genki antics.

duckroll

Galilei Donna - Episode 4

Another stupid episode. The situations are not interesting, the writing is really poor, and everything is stupid. This week we learn that
if you fall down three storeys and hit your head a few times, you get "sick" and someone with a super medic-bot can cure you with an injection. Wut.

Dropped.

Galilel Donna 4

I was laughing my ass off because of how stupid this was. I mean holy shit, I knew I bitched about unrealistic DORAMA BUT
HEY JUMP LIKE YOU'RE MARIO! WHOOPS! LETS FALL A FEW STORIES AND HIT THE GROUND, FLOPPING AROUND LIKE A RAG DOLL! BUT I ONLY GOT A FEVER, ITS NOT LIKE I BROKE ANYTHING!

Kazuki took time to get Hobo Senpai to notice her.

Disappointment of the Season to compete with KnK... maybe.

Naruto Shippuden 336

Pleasantly surprised about how good the animation was used during Kabuto's backstory. It's been awhile since that happened (I think Madara's appearance) and I really did not expect that to happen this time.

More importantly, I'm willing to applaud the anime for how incredibly well they adapted Kabuto's backstory and actually made me care about him. The moment when he meets his mother again was truly heartbreaking and his start to darkness with Orochimaru was excellent.

720P HD Please or else.
Hands Up for the opening I hope.

Oh my god, please!!!!!!!!!

Kill la Kill - 5

Let me tell you two useful pieces of information:

One: So it seems that
Kamui are known to possess and ultimately take over their wearers. This could give way to an interesting development later on. Maybe Satsuki will end up falling victim to what this new badass character with a needle gun was talking about.

Two: This episode was awesome.

EDIT: Aw damn, beaten.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sounds like I made the right choice in dropping Galli Donna. Also the people watching Kyoukai no Kanata need to come to grips with the fact that no matter how polished the turd is, it will still smell like shit.

LordCanti

Also the people watching Kyoukai no Kanata need to come to grips with the fact that no matter how polished the turd is, it will still smell like shit.

Samurai Flamenco was a hot steaming turd and they've managed to at least point a fan at it and blow the smell away from the viewer. I have hopes that they'll do the same for KNK.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Samurai Flamenco was a hot steaming turd and they've managed to at least point a fan at it and blow the smell away from the viewer. I have hopes that they'll do the same for KNK.

Doesn't seem to be working, the stench is still permeating. I can almost see the positive impressions being written with forced smiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom