• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
CorvoSol: So yeah, hopefully you found the sudden about-face by the mom in Bagi after seeing EVIL DEATH RICE as funny as I did.

CorvoSol

CorvoSol: So yeah, hopefully you found the sudden about-face by the mom in Bagi after seeing EVIL DEATH RICE as funny as I did.

Oh definitely. Like the lady has murdered countless animals and put their heads on robots, is planning at that very moment to murder a sentient cat woman, and now she's feeling sorry because evil death rice?

Unbreakable Machine Doll 4

You know this actually doesn't have awful choreography, but the CG is REALLY distracting. Not necessarily because I can't tolerate it, but they keep shifting back to 2D mid-fight, and it's jarring as hell.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 48

I didn't care for having Majo Vanilla be Majo Monroe's twin. She said that little bit at the end to Momoko, which was nice, but other than that it just seemed unnecessary.

Anyhoo, I don't know what the Cursed Forest former queen is going to do, but she's already been styled on by Hana-chan before, so I think she should just give up and accept that a one-year-old is better than her. Though it looks like she's going to do something with Momoko too. At this point I think I'll be annoyed if it just goes back to the girls not being witches anymore again.

Ookiku Furikabutte 19

Pretty awesome for Mihashi to help with keeping everyone's spirits up after the great turnover even when Abe was at a lost.

CorvoSol

So how much of an inspiration was GGG for TTGL? I'm noticing a lot of drills.

I should think that GGG was a big inspiration for lots of Super Robot shows. Although Hammers are really GGG's weapon motif (with Lions being its main.) That said, there is a fair amount I could compare.
The G and J energy are sections of The Power, which is similar to Spiral Power. The true villains are beings left behind in a dying system who want their own way to survive over the others. The hero is saved by willpower.

Eh. Point is GGG is great once it gets passed the MotW deal.

FMP! SIGMA IS OUT IN JAPAN AND HAS BEEN FOR NEARLY TWO FULL MONTHS!? Uuuuuuuugh. I need the translation so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

• Walkure, Texas Romanze 01
The PVs had me expecting way more fanservice. There were like, 3 moments of kinda fanservicy things. I mean, I'm not really a fanservice guy anyway so I kinda like it this way but I mean, Kill La Kill is turning out way more ecchi sketchy than this first episode.

But on to the show.
In the eyes of a shoujo,
The unsuspecting mofo,
Had better know the truth of wrong from right,
Cause the eyes of a shoujo are upon you,
Any wrong you do, she's gonna see,
When you're in Japan look behind you,
Cause that's where the shoujos gonna be.
JRrL6Sw.png

So, we're clearly being placed in a school anime setting once again, except for some reason everyone is training to joust in a competition. Got it. Hopefully there'll be some exposition in the future as to *why* everyone is a knight in shining boob plated armor, but whatever I'm in this for the Walker Romanze. I think it was apparent quickly enough this is some kinda harem show, and if the existence of a single male in the entire cast wasn't enough to prove that then the OP was!

QqFqSCK.png

Our predestined harem lead literally stumbles into the show.

And then our oblivious male harem hero casually walks up to her and doesn't even make a comment about the fact that her panties and bra are visible and barely apologizes for his horny equestrian friend who has a taste for skirts apparently.

Actually, the only knowledge I have of jousting is from A Knight's Tale and that one Medieval Times dinner show. Accordingly, I have never heard of a winning move called "Feather's Fly". I did a quick google search and nothing came up. Maybe one of our resident GAF jousters can clarify what the heck they are talking about in this show lol

All the girls want the B
egleiter

Mio's sniffing his jacket. I know this is supposed to be cute and things girls are expected to do when they have crushes and stuff but lol they're cutting right to the chase with the wish fulfillment girl idolization of the MC. Way to know your audience!

HAHAHA, she's also a MEIDO. Everything is playing out just perfectly. Why would you choose anybody but her, Takahiro-bro. AND she makes an entire bento box basket brunch for you! Jegus she's like programmed for ultimate waifu-ness. and that girl's name is Ascot. Her name is flipping ASCOT. hahaha I can't take it. and the horse can't keep up with a human running at what's clearly not her top speed. HUH??

Swc8Dt2.png

Why would you wear what is obviously lingerie under a skirt while you are doing a sport as rigorous and as crotch-chafing as jousting? That's just asking for trouble.

I actually like Mio's voice actress here. She reminds me of that one person who voiced X-J9 in My Life As A Teenage Robot and I loved that voice acting. So hooray, I actually have something of value in watching this show.

Edit: I just found out that Walkure is supposed to really stand for Valkyrie. Oh well, I'm still going to pretend everyone is a southern girl.

Uchoten Kazoku - FINISHED
What an amazing series. It didn't quite go out in a bang like I wanted, but it was by no means bad. Definetely one of my new favorite shows. If I had one single complaint it would be
that we don't delve into Benten's character enough. It's funny that Yasabarou has a love/hate relationship with Benten, as that's how I landed with her as well...but I lean a bit more towards hate.

Attack on Titan - FINISHED
My friend and I powered through the show in 3 nights. That was something else. It left me with a great taste in my mouth and I want more, which is impressive...mostly because half-way through the show I was nitpicking every damn thing the characters were doing.Luckily, enough good things happened to help me overlook all the minor annoyances....minor annoyances such as 99% of the military acting like babbling cowards the whole show. Or the awful, awful pacing that was noticeable even when watching large chunks at a time. But damn, dat final fight was good.

All in all, it will be tough to choose my next anime. I originally was going to watch Hunter x Hunter as I want something action-oriented, but now I'm not so sure I want something so long at this point. All I know is that it'll be damn hard to follow Attack on Titan and Uchoten Kazoku, as they were both damn gorgeous with their animation (though AoT sometimes fell of the rail and got stupid bad at points).

Gazoinks

Polar Bear Cafe 7

The first half was funny, the second was hilarious. A lot of great moments here. Polar Bear is a demanding girlfriend.

Handa has a crush on Sasakoooo. Your time will be soon. Soon you'll be a gym leader and you can get all the girls.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The KirbYayoi Special: Magical DoReMi 36

So Onpu is named Ellie. Clearly an Ellen Page reference.

Terrible 4kids soundtrack as per usual, I felt like killing my ears here... OH WAIT

Ellie's-- I mean Onpu's voice sucks ass. Why does it feel like they're forcing the voices here?

I will give 4kids props for one thing. They made Aiko's lack of interest in men more apparent.

Other than that.... Ugggh. Aiko's dub voice existence makes me wonder how in the fuck did anyone survive this show under their wings? Holy shit. I blame peaceiscloser.
Sounds a lot like the Sailor Moon dub, but without the obvious hook to keep people around. No wonder Doremi failed here!

Rozen Maiden 2013 1-4

I've put off watching this because of my unfamiliarity with the franchise, but I'm glad I finally got around to watching it because this is quite good. It's well directed with some really good characterization. Thanks to those who kept praising this, because I probably would have overlooked this otherwise.

I should think that GGG was a big inspiration for lots of Super Robot shows. Although Hammers are really GGG's weapon motif (with Lions being its main.) That said, there is a fair amount I could compare.
The G and J energy are sections of The Power, which is similar to Spiral Power. The true villains are beings left behind in a dying system who want their own way to survive over the others. The hero is saved by willpower.

Eh. Point is GGG is great once it gets passed the MotW deal.

FMP! SIGMA IS OUT IN JAPAN AND HAS BEEN FOR NEARLY TWO FULL MONTHS!? Uuuuuuuugh. I need the translation so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

iirc there's one more scanlation left. ... season 2 of sigma pls :{{

Uchoten Kazoku - FINISHED
What an amazing series. It didn't quite go out in a bang like I wanted, but it was by no means bad. Definetely one of my new favorite shows. If I had one single complaint it would be
that we don't delve into Benten's character enough. It's funny that Yasabarou has a love/hate relationship with Benten, as that's how I landed with her as well...but I lean a bit more towards hate.

it's a light novel series that's still in progress, so have faith!

wonzo

Banned
Kuromajo 39

kuromajo39.jpg

If every pillow I owned or ever would own was haunted by this little thing then I would've entered my own personal hell.

Teekyuu 28

further proof that short hair > *

Diabolik Lovers 6.5

recap zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not that I dislike Kill la Kill, but seeing rad new LWA stuff gets me down about what Trigger is working on now.

Not that I dislike Kill la Kill, but seeing rad new LWA stuff gets me down about what Trigger is working on now.

I agree with this. Kill La Kill is fun, but its trying so hard to be edgy like Panty and Stocking that it just doesn't have that same purer fun that LWA had.

Jarmel

Banned
Supposedly the LWA2 stuff is to start after KLK is done. It's just Yoshinari throwing up sketches he's doing in his spare time.

Probably should be fixing the KLK OP instead though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I thought parts of the OP were missing just because they didn't want to spoil the transformation or something. Or is there something else that's wrong?

I agree with this. Kill La Kill is fun, but its trying so hard to be edgy like Panty and Stocking that it just doesn't have that same purer fun that LWA had.

KLK doesn't come across as try-hard to me. It's intense and off-the-wall, but it doesn't feel like it's straining to be that way. KnK is try-hard.

Today is the SPOOKIEST day of the year!

Let's get some quick Halloween anime recommendations in here, whether they be a short OVA or a full spooky movie or even one or two relevant episodes from an anime.

• Squid Girl 03.1 - 2degeso4me
This seems to be my go-to holiday show. I love this show. It's also great for just watching out of the blue because it's just one of those drop-right-in-no-real-storyline kinds of shows.

"Onee-chan please change the channel because I'm so spooked I WON'T be able to pee my pants!"

Yeah sure bro

cHR4FSY.png

Sharks and orcas actually are scarier than dead people, Ika Musume is right in this case. I want to be a shark for Halloween now. A zombie shark. A zombie robot shark. LOL convenient exposition voice.

The moral of the story: the only good bug is a dead bug

No. Uchoten Kazoku was just a single novel. Unless we only got part of the story (rather unlikely), that's it. Its done. Unless they want to create additional original content.

Single novel for now, I'm pretty sure it's going to be part of a trilogy.

could be wrong though.

fertygo

Kyoukai no Kanata - 05

Its not as bad as I expected from the comment at here, the pacing is less janky than usual.. might because this episode structured more like stuff that people usually enjoy from KyoAni (Normal eps of K-ON, etc) that alone made this my "favorite" eps so far, and the :firehawk scene at the end was great. And of course the show still looks pretty.

The dialogue still creepy as fuck though, maybe that's why people despise this episode.. I believe the initial scene supposed to be "rapey" from what I learn from expert in this thread.

This is my reaction to nekkid loli photo "joke"
joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif

Kyoanus indeed

Nordicus

Kyousogiga 4 - So this episode was just one half of the train episode ONA and next week we'll see the other half expanded.

I expect a lot of HNNNNNGs just like this week. Yase might be a temperamental little brat, a spoiled "ojousama", and an ogre, but god damn she was so huggable in this episode

Shergal

Kyousogiga 04
I didn't like this episode that much. Yase is the least interesting character for me, and I think it tried a bit too hard with the nostalgia.
Still, it made for a nice moment at the climax. It seems the three children have their own 'realization' relating to Koto. This ep and the previous are clearly setting up the events of the original ONA, but I'd hope they don't reuse that too, they already aired it as 00.

I think their depiction of Halloween in Britain is a bit off the mark. They should be dressed in hoods and scaring old ladies with threats of egging their house.

I miss the days of being stopped in the streets and being searched by the Police to see if we had any eggs in are pockets...

They soon found out that we had no eggs, but jars of pickled onions.

Pooya

Coppelion - 5

Lolz, this episode was so whacky. Better this than drama drama drama. Cheap episode, quite a bit of panning still shots and not much action, talk talk talk. At least things are happening that should answer some complaints I've read about this earlier, lol.

3jgpnb.jpg

It's all about girth

23boov.jpg

errr...

Also, elsewhere I read some are bothered how unrealistic last episode was with the B-2 chase etc, when everything about this series is realistic, etc. I'm not sure fromwhere they got the impression that this series is supposed to be about real things or real 'science'. I like them to see this episode, hahahahha. It's a show about genetically created girls with super powers, you're bothered why a B-2 fires missiles? of all things to complain about in Coppelion, they're bothered with that. lol, stupid people.

anyways with robots, 'Enclave' forces, abandoned science building. This episode was kinda like Fallout...

next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom