• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Twitter's new 'picture preview' function has led to a 300% increase in me seeing DTL's :DTL on my dash.

At least he keeps it softcore on tweeter.

Gazoinks

But those two had great animation
also I didn't care that much for TTGL's plot

TTGL doesn't really have much of a plot. Some enemies show up and then bigger enemies and then BIGGER ENEMIES. It's all about the characters and the journey and the ridiculousness.

Serious

Also, some developments in this story seem to happen insanely quickly for a romance series.
I mean, shit, Koko already confessed how she is just pushing her emotional burdens on Banri and is taking advantage of his kindness, and that she knows how awkward things might feel after she turned Banri down but is still latching onto him like crazy.
We're barely 20% through with this series and already these things are being dealt with, holy cow.
Good. Personally, in the long run, I'd much rather have the build-up to the relationship feel a bit rushed, but have an extra couple of episodes with the characters together.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
TTGL doesn't really have much of a plot. Some enemies show up and then bigger enemies and then BIGGER ENEMIES. It's all about the characters and the journey and the ridiculousness.

Well, there were those immediate 2nd half episodes that really sucked.

Movies aren't allowed in AOTY are they?

If they are my vote goes to Eva and maybe Kyousigiga if it delivers. I kind of want the latter to win as I feel its really a great show that many people are missing out on. It actually has great animation as well.

Anybody who watched the likes of FLCL or Gurren Lagan.

In terms of animation FLCL >>>>>>TTGL>>>KLK

Seriously FLCL had some awesome action scenes.

Infinite Stratos S2 5

These harem antics are why I watch this show.

Bunny girls, cat girl, cow girl, and even a french poodle outfit. Could not help but be entertain throughout the whole thing.

Thought fox priestess Houki was easily the the best one out of everyone. That is until the last participant showed up.

The end surprised me. Didn't think that would happen.
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS.

CorvoSol

Coppelion 5

Show continues to be solid, even if Aoi is a dork. Now a boy has found his way into the garden, and somewhere SDBurton cries in sorrow. But like seriously, it is a pretty dick move to strand a pregnant woman out there. Prime Minister is a huge jerk.

ibe206MFxvJ7Jk.gif
iBfFurhDyD2Ue.gif

Pokemon XY 4

Bonnie + Dedenne = Cuteness overload.

I seriously don't know how much more I can take if I keep on watching this.

Clemont's creation/malfunctions are really enjoyable, hope they don't over abuse it like Brock's womanizing. Serena still hasn't met up with the group but at least she has her adorable Fennekin now.

Naruto Shippuden 336

Pleasantly surprised about how good the animation was used during Kabuto's backstory. It's been awhile since that happened (I think Madara's appearance) and I really did not expect that to happen this time.

More importantly, I'm willing to applaud the anime for how incredibly well they adapted Kabuto's backstory and actually made me care about him. The moment when he meets his mother again was truly heartbreaking and his start to darkness with Orochimaru was excellent.

Oh my god, please!!!!!!!!!

Yeah this episode was real good. Reminded me of the Danzo episode. I really hope they didn't spend all that good animation money on just a flashback episode and have nothing left for the actual fight.

Theonik

Eden of the East 07
Johny Johny Johny
Oh shit she heard EVERYTHING.

Eden of the East 08
More NEET action and SUSPICIONS. Wonder where this will go.

Senyuu 07/08
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kaze no Stigma 01 (dub)
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Kids on the Slope 07
That was pretty rad. The best episode so far maybe? Fang still sucks though.

Kids on the Slope 08
So Sentaro finally realises and 'ojou-sama' decides to go with the bad boy. Eh. I can see where this is going especially with her finally realising she actually likes Bon too...
A lot less good to the last one I felt but still had its moments. The Jun arc is kinda weird. This is starting to drag too.

Yeah man holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Golden Time 5

So much happened this episode

Koko admits, at least to Banri, that she's no longer in love. But that her feelings are confused, so of course a rebound confession with a guy you technically just met after you've been in love with the same guy for so long wasn't gonna work. At least she noticed how much he cares for her, and she really cares for him too. If the antics between her and Mitzuki/what's his face continue being playful friendship teasing I'll be glad.

Banri has a ghost with his previous memories. Ok supernatural aspect, isn't the first time. I'll take it. Barbara... err Linda and Banri were either in a serious relationship or possibly in love but never went steady (she never said she was visiting her ex just a friend, but maybe that's the author being vague. He's curious as to why she hasn't said anything when in all likelihood it's because it's painful to meet with somebody who was basically your closest acquaintance and they don't remember you. She probably didn't want to push it on this new Banri.

As for Koko, she's still the best part of this show, and the silent conversation between her and Banri was fantastic. I do hope that she confesses to him later on and that it doesn't end up where he confesses to her over and over again.

cajunator

Banned

It didnt really need one. It just assaulted the viewer with awesome until it was spent. How lewd. How effective.

Lol. I knew that picture would get your attention. Dat Tatenashi.

Kansoku

Kill la Kill - 5

Good world building, Nudist Beach seems to be an interesting organization.
Also I can see
Junketsu taking over Satsuki near the end for some galaxy-sized level of a battle

Syrinx

Kill la Kill 5

This episode was so fucking awesome in so many ways. I can't wait for that guy to show up again and fuck shit up goddammit hype!

Samurai Flamenco - 4

Okay, it's Japanese Kick-Ass now. And I'm strangely okay with this.

Mari coming in in full magical girl regalia driving a pink Hummer was amazing.

Valvrave 16

This was probably the best episode yet, holy hell!

Do we know if the pilots can be killed while bodyjacking? Like, would one have to go after the original body or the jacked body?

Plus did L-Elf leave Saki's and Akira's bodies behind?

Samumenco 04

MASTER!

STUDENT!

MASTER!

STUDENT!

edit: all jokes aside it was a charming episode.

There go my hopes for Mari becoming the love interest though, though it wouldn't be the first time the secondary protagonist gets the girl (Tempest). She came in quite strong and cocky, though it seems that now she'll calm down. To be honest that kind of turned me off from her when we saw that side of her. I hope Samurai Flamenco gets another type of woman, maybe the manager.

Jex

Do you recall previous AOTY's. I'm curious.

Yes, and you can find the results for the last one over here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510801
Valvrave S2 4

Not gonna lie, this episode was legitimately awesome. The VVV I's rampage interspersed with the memory collapse was really cool to watch, as was seeing L-Elf out-maneuver his old team. L-Elf is super awesome for putting up with all the nonsense he does, too. Dude's so slick. Saki got left behind but who cares about her anyway? Hopefully Akira got left behind too.

This is going to sound like weird nitpicking but it's not Valvrave season 2, it's just a season that they split into two chunks. The episodes are even titled 15, 16, 17 etc by the show itself.

cajunator

Banned
Infinite Stratos 5

FUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUWAFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*dies

Jex

Would you say that it's been....saved?

Not particularly, mainly because that saying doesn't make much sense. The only way anime is saved, in both a commercial and artistic sense, is that creators can make works that manage to appeal to a wider audience than the diehard otaku/fujoshi audiences and actually achieve some level of commercial success even if it's just merchandising. Also, the economy has to stop being awful.

This year it's been pretty clear that the break out hits of Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill have managed to do just that. However, these are currently outliers from the norm. They join the recent of ranks of Madoka and Tiger and Bunny in terms of shows that have achieved some noticeable attention.

LordCanti

Not particularly, mainly because that saying doesn't make much sense. The only way anime is saved, in both a commercial and artistic sense, is that creators can make works that manage to appeal to a wider audience than the diehard otaku/fujoshi audiences and actually achieve some level of commercial success even if it's just merchandising. Also, the economy has to stop being awful.

This year it's been pretty clear that the break out hits of Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill have managed to do just that. However, these are currently outliers from the norm. They join the recent of ranks of Madoka and Tiger and Bunny in terms of shows that have achieved some noticeable attention.

Anime can be saved in small ways. For instance, every time someone shaftheadtilt.gif's, an anime gets its wings.

Has Kill La Kill really been that popular outside of otakus? I haven't really felt anybody besides the internet forums dedicated to anime praise the show that much.

CorvoSol

This is going to sound like weird nitpicking but it's not Valvrave season 2, it's just a season that they split into two chunks. The episodes are even titled 15, 16, 17 etc by the show itself.

I can't be bothered to add 12 to the number of episodes it has been since the season resumed.

GGG 31-

So let me tell you about this old crew. They had a good run, got wrecked, and got replaced. You see this new hotness, the old hotness was busted and tired.

You don't know yet. Y'just don't know yet.

Gundam Build Fighters 4

Hahaha, so you know Gundam SEED Destiny was bad when Gundam Build Fighters is more willing to condemn idol culture than it, hahaha. Anyway, Ramba Ral continues to be the greatest ever, and I hope we get another fight with him in it.

Where else does anyone talk about anime at all?

True, though Attack On Titan became very wide appeal here in the west. Not Dragon Ball Z in the 90's levels, but pretty damn good in mainstream appeal. At least with the college student that hasn't seen anime in a decade age group. Enough where they were coming to me for recommendations on similar quality anime.

Infinite Densetos 05

D-D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE SHOW.

No seriously I'm done. The fact he can't choose girl and is still this dense. I'm done. At least if he were funny or a complete badass I'd keep watching. But he's neither. He's just a nice guy.

Galilei Donna - 4
Oh my god.
Get out of here with that "falling off a 3 story building, landing on a pile of abandoned cars, and only feeling sick as a result" bullshit.
The stakes are contrived and so are the solutions to problems. So much wasted potential here.

Dropped.

Quasar

Infinite Densetos 05

D-D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE SHOW.

No seriously I'm done. The fact he can't choose girl and is still this dense. I'm done. At least if he were funny or a complete badass I'd keep watching. But he's neither. He's just a nice guy.

I had hoped his best girl choice was a deliberate attempt to not cause more issues between the girls. Sadly not it seems. So...I guess new girl is maybe a clone made from dna taken when he got kidnapped as a boy.

cajunator

Banned
I had hoped his best girl choice was a deliberate attempt to not cause more issues between the girls. Sadly not it seems. So...I guess new girl is maybe a clone made from dna taken when he got kidnapped as a boy.

Certainly Im not watching Infinite Stratos to see what Ichika does. I dont give a fuck what he does lol.

Gazoinks

Golden Time 05

Every time this show pulls me in with charming character interactions, it immediately pushes me out with amazingly stupid plot points.
A ghost?! A... memory ghost?! I.. WHAT.

Putting that aside, this was still a pretty good episode. Business as usual, some nice slightly awkward development of the relationship between Koko and Tada. Dancing scene was best scene.

So... Why didn't his parents just tell him about his past? Or look at the photos? Like... seriously. Why.

Also Linda had better have a good reason for not talking to Tada. I wonder if she was the one that ran him over on the bike.

What was going on in that preview?

Theonik

Infinite Stratos 2 05
OMG
THIS
IS
THE
BEST
IS
EPISODE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sister route locked. Madoka Orimura. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quasar

Golden Time 5

Well that's an unexpected wrinkle to add to things. Not sure how I feel about it, but at least so far
the ghost
doesn't seem to be interfering with things.

That was a surprise. I've read some of the manga and that element isn't present.

Kill la Kill 5

New guy is a legitimate badass. Already has me convinced to have him right next to Sensei as my favorite characters in the show.

lol at "Nudist beach".

Wish Mako wasn't so annoying when she interrupted them in the bathroom. Willing to forgive her since the last part of her speech was actually pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom