• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just kinda peeved that such effort went into adapting such dreck.

Yeah, reading that description just made me feel unclean. We don't need to put such effort behind things that should really be treated with shame and hidden away in a dark corner.

Perhaps the same could be said of nearly every KyoAni show.

Eh, a lot of what KyoAni has adapted from in the past has been inoffensive at worst.

Didn't you watch the 1-Star example? It's not just the suit itself. Wearing the suit enhances the actual body wearing it.

It's still ridiculous though... in other shows/media/mcjiggers. Although I think I recall a lot of the shots deliberately hitting her clothing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah, reading that description just made me feel unclean. We don't need to put such effort behind things that should really be treated with shame and hidden away in a dark corner.

That's not how art works. Art is about holding a mirror up to life, showing us all of our worst parts without discrimination or censure.

Including cat milfs.

Kill La Kill Episode 1: More Impressions:[ Also, are The Pillows still a thing? Can we get them to this show? Can we get a notable soundtrack at all? Still, most enjoyable show I have watched thus far this season, but the season is still young.

The pillows wouldn't be a good fit for what they're going for in KLK. Its a far too bombastic of a show.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well Gosenzosama was hiding a parody of product placement inside of an obscure, convoluted, and self-referential comedy OVA that probably no one bought, which probably wouldn't work for everything.

You could also go to the other extreme like Repo Man and just slap everything with extremely obvious generic labels like SODA.

Don't worry, I didn't actually think that it was real product placement, haha. I remember that each episode cycles to a different brand with some symbolic significance to events, but I'd have to rewatch it again to be able to say anything informed on the matter.

Defuser

Golden Time ep 1

It's ok so far...I'm still bitter because its Chiaki Kon directing and I can see her shittiness in some scenes. This show should have been a Nagai/Mari Okada combo instead. Anyway picking Yui horie for Kaga Kouko is a wise move.

Jarmel

Banned
Infinite Stratos 2- 1
i0hpxhHjy65Lz.gif

Why am I watching this?

I mean I know it's for hatewatching purposes but it's almost too much. The shitty banter, scenes, and pool montage were bad enough. A bag of bricks is smarter than the lead. I do like the ED song kinda.

Quasar

Golden Time ep 1

It's ok so far...I'm still bitter because its Chiaki Kon directing and I can see her shittiness in some scenes. This show should have been a Nagai/Mari Okada combo instead. Anyway picking Yui horie for Kaga Kouko is a wise move.

I liked it. Felt just like what I remember of my skim of the first few chapters of the manga a few months ago. Good to see a college romance anime. Those aren't very common.

Quasar

Infinite Stratos 1

People were talking about season 2 and all so I watched this kinda realizing that it was terrible and that the main character is a dumbfuck of epic proportions, but shit I wasn't ready for how much he truly sucks. Right now his sister is my favorite because she's the most effective at beating the shit out of him. I think that whoever ends up my favorite will be the winner in the "beating the shit out of this loser" category.

Is there a reason why only women can pilot these things except for him, or is it just a dumb excuse to give him a harem? I mean, I realize it's just a dumb excuse to give him a harem anyway, but is there some explanation for it?

Maybe in the light novels, but the mechanics of the tech is not really explained in the anime aside from the suggestion that one IS core was deliberatle altered to allow for Itchtka to be a is pilot.

cajunator

Banned
Random old shit is probably better than newer shit.

Or at least that's what I get from fanbases.

Yes. This is absolutely true.

Maybe this is a silly comparison but I enjoyed the action sequences more in Beyond the Boundary than Kill la Kill.

Two very different styles. Both have excellent animation and style.

Kyoukai no Kanata 01:

Dat Kyoto Animation loveliness. Nino-san is best girl. Mirai is like an alternate dimension version of Yui from K-On, but instead of playing guitar she attempts to hunt demons. I'm in.

Lol thats a great description and surprisingly accurate.

Ok, just saw Kill la Kill and I have to wonder, is gaining powers through being molested a thing? I thought it was just Gatchaman Crowds being weird and Madoka Magica making Kyubey more creepy but now I'm starting to think there's a trope I've never heard of.

Yes I thought the episode was good and no I'm not accusing it of some sort of female disempowerment thing, this is just my only interesting observation so far on it.

I dunno if there is but I know what your talking about.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Okay, on the one hand this is really generic shonen romance trash on the other hand we have an anime that managed to be more surreal and insane then either Kyoukai no Kanata or Kill La Kill.

Not really in a good way either as I when I was trying to ignore the generic smoldering shonen rage and the trite love triangle, I was left with some many questions.

Why are they under the sea? What are these people? What is up with the creepy shaman? Why are they going to the surface? Why can they breathe on the surface? Why is this so boring? FISH KNEE????

So many questions, yet answers are slowly forthcoming actually. Really, the main problem is the shit they want me to care about is like the least interesting thing about this program.

I might be back next week with this, we shall see.

Nagi no Asukara 01

On one hand, you have this really nice setting of the ocean world. It's really nice and surreal to look at it. I just want to know more of this world.

On the other hand, you have half the cast (the main two who's probably gonna have all the focus) being completely annoying and grating to watch. This whole conflict they are setting up isn't doing it any favors either.

I want to stay for the world but god, do the main characters being crap makes it hard for me to want to keep watching.

Also for firehawk: The new thing is now fishing nets.

Kill la Kill 1

Found it oppressively one-note. There's a surface similarity to FLCL in how breakneck the pacing is, but FLCL had the capacity to surprise, to change things up. Kill la Kill is successful in that it achieves its goal to be as hyper and proudly dumb as it can possibly be (and I don't have a problem with that), but if it stays on that one tone for its entire run I doubt I'll keep watching.

Kill la Kill 1
Gurren Lagann, at least, even had memorable lines like "Believe in me who believes in you" from the very first episode.

Torture is a memorable experience.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Nagi no Asukara 01

On one hand, you have this really nice setting of the ocean world. It's really nice and surreal to look at it. I just want to know more of this world.

On the other hand, you have half the cast (the main two who's probably gonna have all the focus) being completely annoying and grating to watch. This whole conflict they are setting up isn't doing it any favors either.

I want to stay for the world but god, do the main characters being crap makes it hard for me to want to keep watching.

Also for firehawk: The new thing is now fishing nets.

Yea, this is pretty much how I feel about Nagi no Asukara. I really want to like this show, it has a very surreal and unique world, provided you brain isn't singing the Spongebob Squarepants theme. The cast is just bloody awful and is going to sink this show in a few episodes. You want me to care about the shitty love triangle when
FISH KNEE!
is there? Not fucking happening.

Articalys

The basic plot of Yusibu is: MC trained to be a hero; while he was training someone else defeated the Demon King, leaving the MC out of a job, essentially; with no other life skills and the world having no need for heroes anymore, the only work MC can get is a dead-end job as a cashier at a magic shop; one day a girl (with huge breasts) shows up to apply for a job; turns out she's the Demon King's daughter, who herself is looking for work because her father was defeated.

The basic plot of Yusibu is: MC trained to be a hero; while he was training someone else defeated the Demon King, leaving the MC out of a job, essentially; with no other life skills the only work MC can get is as a cashier at a dead-end magic shop; one day a girl (with huge breasts) shows up to apply for a job; turns out she's the Demon King's daughter, who herself is looking for work because her father was defeated.

So... It's like a reversal.

Haly

Heroes and Overlords are like, the worst thing to become a trend in LN.

Even worse than school clubs that don't do anything.

Jarmel

Banned
Golden Time 1-

Here's my problem, the main character is shitty. Ryuji was kinda awesome in his own way and I get none of that from generic MC lead. The character designs are fine but good god is the female lead annoying, in that she tries too hard to be cute. I found the friend much much more interesting and fun than the actual lead.

Taiga was better.

CorvoSol

Heroes and Overlords are like, the worst thing to become a trend in LN.

Even worse than school clubs that don't do anything.

I thought it was okay in Maou-Sama. It felt like a send up and love letter to the olden days of Fantasy Anime like Record of Lodoss War.

Haly

I thought it was okay in Maou-Sama. It felt like a send up and love letter to the olden days of Fantasy Anime like Record of Lodoss War.
Maou-sama (and Maoyuu Maou Yuusha "Be mine, Hero" "I refuse!") was the exception.
Even worse than Maid Cafes for school fairs.
I think that's a universal constant, like 6.67384(80)×10^−11 m^3/kgs^2
how about a school club for heroes and overlords.
You know not of the true nature of the forces that you are playing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom