• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give you an even worse example in the Kyoukai no Kanata novels:

The main character's mother is a cat girl fetishist. She wears cat ears and shows her boobs off to her son. He's rightfully embarrassed beyond all fuck. Why the hell would you put that in your story when it you know it's embarrassing and stupid? I can understand if you didn't know better but judging by the character's response, you do.

And all I can think about is this character: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/317/b/8/ass_bump_gif_by_bluestormillusion-d5kyfja.gif

I am very much looking forward to meeting this cat MILF.

Branduil

The main character's mother is a cat girl fetishist. She wears cat ears and shows her boobs off to her son. He's rightfully embarrassed beyond all fuck. Why the hell would you put that in your story when it you know it's embarrassing and stupid? I can understand if you didn't know better but judging by the character's response, you do.

And all I can think about is this character: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/317/b/8/ass_bump_gif_by_bluestormillusion-d5kyfja.gif

Welp.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Don't force it though. Sometimes things just don't work out!

I've learned this the hard way over multiple lessons. Tenchi OVA3 was one of them.

I really want to like it, though! Trigger's animation ethos is basically everything I value in the medium, I (mostly) love Imaishi, and oh god crop tops and suspenders. My reaction just doesn't compute, unless the pacing and music really are that bad.

you could always just wait until next week, watch more, then go back if you think it's cool.

Maybe. This would be far from the first time that an episode of something ends up being better in retrospect to me.

Sounds like the best character.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kitakubu 10

More fourth-wall breaking and references. Par for the course for this show.

I wish I liked it more, though. Honestly I have a hard time getting through an episode, and I can't really figure out why. It seems like something I should love but...eh. It's good enough, I guess, but not great. I'm gonna finish it of course, since I'm this far in, but I doubt I'll ever rewatch it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

And all I can think about is this character: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...on-d5kyfja.gif

It seems to know its audience.

---

Also, anime producers really should just stop using "Sorny" and "Mindows" and just get real companies to put their stuff in the show:
8D8YUgLl.png

h12BipUl.png

$$$$$$

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Also, anime producers really should just stop using "Sorny" and "Mindows" and just get real companies to put their stuff in the show:

$$$$$$
Yes I'm sure Microsoft would be thrilled seeing their flagship products juxtaposed with underage panty flashing.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, that's the problem with critiquing dialogue in anime. Fansubbers always fuck it up.

This is true. Fansubbers are so inconsistent and competitive you dont get a reliably consistent product. This is why only official releases should be critiqued like that.

KLK could do worse than to be a secret mahou shoujo.

It would be so awesome if it was like a mahou shoujo.

It's really nice to see people being collectively enthusiastic about a product, but those masturbatory posts kind of defeat the purpose. They are just vacuous and turn people away.

I kinda agree and kinda dont. Really but not really.

I'm just kinda peeved that such effort went into adapting such dreck.

I've heard people say that KyoAni puts too much production values into undeserving material before, but this is the first time I've actually felt that myself.

$$$$$$

That's what Ghost in the Shell Arise did!

Jarmel

Banned
With any luck, it'll be changed anyway. They're already tweaking the story, I can't imagine them letting that crap into the anime proper.

3 weeks later-
Fuck

Articalys

With any luck, it'll be changed anyway. They're already tweaking the story, I can't imagine them letting that crap into the anime proper.
I hope so. I'm trying to keep on a blackout about the novel details as much as possible so I'm not influenced into thinking about the anime in any particular way, since there's already enough anime-original characters that it'll probably be its own thing.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill La Kill Episode 1: More Impressions: I rather like how visually complex this show is, and not for the sake of looking pretty. There seems to be a lot of moving parts, like its forebears Kill La Kill has a lot stuff going on at any one time, and I really like the little visual details like Ryūko returning the meal quickly after stealing the bike. Shit like that is really going to open Kill La Kill to repeat viewings. The dialog is, yea, kind of not good, but for those who keep slamming it, tone makes all the difference.

The goofball dialog fits in well with the over the top and hyper exaggerated tone the show is going for, this is why it is a cut above Kyoukai no Kanata where I am being asked to take that shit seriously. Mach ado has been made about the costume already, and yea, there is no way around it, Senketsu sucks and it a might embarrassing, also, doing things ironically is not excuse for this thing looking so hideous. Characterization seems fine for a first episode, but we have been promised quite a bit in that department, so I have to withhold judgement for the moment.

Well, I do have misgivings over Ryūko's sidekick Mako and her brother, these two might grate on my nerves quickly. I really hope they are not just dumb comic relief given the prominence they have in the good guy pecking order. Also, are The Pillows still a thing? Can we get them to this show? Can we get a notable soundtrack at all? Still, most enjoyable show I have watched thus far this season, but the season is still young.

Syrinx

Infinite Stratos 1

People were talking about season 2 and all so I watched this kinda realizing that it was terrible and that the main character is a dumbfuck of epic proportions, but shit I wasn't ready for how much he truly sucks. Right now his sister is my favorite because she's the most effective at beating the shit out of him. I think that whoever ends up my favorite will be the winner in the "beating the shit out of this loser" category.

Is there a reason why only women can pilot these things except for him, or is it just a dumb excuse to give him a harem? I mean, I realize it's just a dumb excuse to give him a harem anyway, but is there some explanation for it?

I've heard people say that KyoAni puts too much production values into undeserving material before, but this is the first time I've actually felt that myself.

Honestly considering the genre a lot of goods are in, I'm not surprised people feel that way. It's how I reacted upon looking at their history.

Crocodile

Perfect.

It's not only anime that does it. That said it blows my mind in general when characters in the show point out how stupid something is yet the author does it anyway. Like what the fuck goes through your mind when you realize it's asinine yet you still throw it into your story?

It's very often done in the name of humor or to show "I know this is a trope in whatever genre I'm working in but I can do it better, I swear!"

Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't (to say nothing of personal opinions)

Reminds me of how ridiculous how she took no damage despite being skimpy.

"Tekkai!"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes I'm sure Microsoft would be thrilled seeing their flagship products juxtaposed with underage panty flashing.
They have waifus advertising their products already!

now that everything is touch. i miss mashing on the keyboard to do stuff in tv shows :(
Haha, when everyone was pretending to code!

That's what Ghost in the Shell Arise did!
Works for Ghost in the Shell Arise!
Oh yeah, I forgot about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom