• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we celebrate this yet?

QgRWRx5.png

I have the same birthday as the director of Trigger? That's pretty baller

Thoraxes

Hell yeah.

I've been running through the episode over and over again to get screenshots for a write-up, and I just love how much there is in the way of tiny details. Fucking hell.

I was really surprised at the sheer amount of minor visual gags/humor that were packed into there. Really loved them all.
I think i've re-watched the episode at least 5 times now.
I have the same birthday as the director of Trigger? That's pretty baller

It's your birthday?

Happy Birthday!

Kill la Kill - 01

Oooh I gots them Gurren Lagann type crazyness chills.

Golden Time & Nagi no Asakura - 01

I can see it, I can see the relationship paradigms, I can see the tears, I can see me not being arsed with these shows after a while, and one of them has the Okada seal of approval to, yikes!

Coppelion - 01

Whole episode was mostly world building, will see more on how this post apocolyptic world is played out.

Youre back in anime?

The manga Junketsu no Maria will be getting an anime adaptation. It's by Masayuki Ishikawa, the author of Moyashimon. Premise:

Maria is a witch living during the Hundred Years' War between England and France. Our young heroine hates war, so to keep the people of the village she protects safe, Maria will use all the power at her disposal to stop the fighting, whether that means conjuring giant dragons or sending her succubus familiar out to mesmerize the warring generals with her charms. But what do the villagers think of her "help"? And what will happen if Heaven notices her interference into human affairs? This story has a funny touch with a little history thrown in.

Kyousougiga - 00

What the heck did I watch.

Coppelion - 01
I watched this just after Kyousouajshajshja. The boredom of the anime was multiplied by 100, I almost slept. Insta drop.

Kill La Kill - 01
Then everything got better again. I love you Trigger.

sonicmj1

Kyousougiga 00

What the... hell?

I think the plot makes some sort of sense, but there's a lot more interest in spectacle than in making things clear to the viewer. And there's some pretty great spectacle, but... I dunno.

The show's take on Kyoto is really inventive, though. The supernatural mingles with the everyday right out in the open. It's exaggerated and festive, but still sort of recognizable. I look forward to seeing more of it in the TV series.

It's interesting as an OVA, but it doesn't quite work as a TV show pilot. It sounds like the later ONA episodes are more coherent, and that'll be good to see.

Kyousougiga 00

What the... hell?

I think the plot makes some sort of sense, but there's a lot more interest in spectacle than in making things clear to the viewer. And there's some pretty great spectacle, but... I dunno.

The show's take on Kyoto is really inventive, though. The supernatural mingles with the everyday right out in the open. It's exaggerated and festive, but still sort of recognizable. I look forward to seeing more of it in the TV series.

It's interesting as an OVA, but it doesn't quite work as a TV show pilot. It sounds like the later ONA episodes are more coherent, and that'll be good to see.

Yeah, I wouldn't judge what the quality of the TV show will be from this original rough 2011 ONA. I felt similarily to you when I watched it, but the 2012 ONAs completely won me over.

cajunator

Banned
Is there a difference between squeezing and hnnnnging, or are they basically synonyms?

Thats a fair question. I suppose they are similar.
At least the way I use them. Hnng requires the use of a defribillator whereas squee is a more controlled expression of appreciation.

Wow. I've been watching an episode of Gintama every once in a while since like, March. Before then there was barely any good moments. I got a laugh out of it every once in a while, but it was just boring for the most part.

But then I recently watched episodes 18-20. Holy crap, what a change in quality! I haven't laughed so hard at an anime in a long time.

Jintor

Daily Lives of High School Boys feels like Gintama if Gintama cut straight to the good stuff. But wasn't as bizarre.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Thats a fair question. I suppose they are similar.
At least the way I use them. Hnng requires the use of a defribillator whereas squee is a more controlled expression of appreciation.

I see. I need to learn to squee more often. Too much hnnnnging is bad for my heart. XD

LayLa

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690733

UK folks, is it really offensive if I ask if you have eaten yet?

not offensive at all, but people are going to take it as the beginning of an invitation to go eat together, so are going to be a bit confused if that's not what the speaker has planned

"have you eaten yet?"
"no, where were you thinking of going?"
"...."
"?"

etc

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 1-5

yep this is the sci-fi show I've been looking for ... once i got past how monumentally stupid the idea of the ship design is

Nagi no Asukara 1

This has perhaps the most obnoxious main character I have ever seen in an anime. My god is he insufferable. I hope Okada makes him suffer, but I won't be there to see it.

cajunator

Banned
Nagi no Asukara 1

This has perhaps the most obnoxious main character I have ever seen in an anime. My god is he insufferable. I hope Okada makes him suffer, but I won't be there to see it.

Thats quite a claim given that there are some truly awful characters out there.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 1-5

yep this is the sci-fi show I've been looking for ... once i got past how monumentally stupid the idea of the ship design is

It's a good show. One I might rewatch again shortly.

----

Have I missed the last Random DVD? Or have you not got round to it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom