• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 1-5

yep this is the sci-fi show I've been looking for ... once i got past how monumentally stupid the idea of the ship design is

It's a really big ask, but it's really the only thing they sort of force you to swallow thankfully.

Defuser

Daily Lives of High School Boys feels like Gintama if Gintama cut straight to the good stuff. But wasn't as bizarre.
If sunrise, audio highs, the director of gintama, Tomokazu Sugita and kenichi suzumura wasn't involved it wouldn't even feel like gintama high school edition.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
UqVe11v.jpg

Let this coming year be just as good as the last one!

It's played for laughs, but the Mamimi is deeply concerned about it, he doesn't die, and he goes to the hospital to get it checked out. Later similar incidents aren't taken seriously because they know he'll be fine.

In Kill la Kill, a student is dead, and nobody cares because it's normal. That's pretty different from cartoon violence that can't actually cause harm.

Well to be fair we really only get Mako's perspective on the student being killed and she didn't care too much about almost being killed herself.

mhs004

I'm hopping CN announces they got kuroko no basket season two today I'm tired of waiting for the announcement. My most hype anime this season besides KLK.

CorvoSol

The things you say about Titan could apply even without AnH existing, lol.

And well, it's certainly directed more like a live-action drama than any animation, but there's still people who draw drawings behind it, so I don't feel weird calling it anime.

True, it would be unfair to snub the work of the set-artists when they've done so stellar a job if I were to go ahead and disqualify it for being a drama in anime's clothing. But the show's still sort of one step beyond others.

As incredible as the end of episode 7 is, this episode might be even more remarkable. It invests all its faith in the performance of its three leads. The camera stares at them unflinching, soaking us in their most pathetic moments. The everpresent throb of the ambient soundtrack stands back, leaving only the rain to intrude on their conversation. And it works. It's one of the most emotionally raw scenes I've ever encountered in an anime.

I can't imagine episode 10 without the rotoscoping. I could only imagine it seeming like melodramatic bullshit.

I really was quite impressed when it dawned on me that there was no OP, and no music in the episode until its ending. They staked everything on those three actors, and I really feel they delivered. Saeki and Nakamura especially.

Just finished watching Kill la Kill.

Fuck. That was so much goddamn fun aaaahhhh.

Gonna be a blast writing about this show. Hell yeah Trigger.

Can always count on Ryouga to point out the best part of a show.

Pokemon Origins 2

Umm, excuse me, Cubone's skull is said to be the skull of his dead mother, but he is shown with the skull on while his mother is alive! Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Cubone's also an entire species, though, so who knows. It'd be a lot easier to spy an un-beskulled Cubone if the entire species went without the skull till mama died.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aria the Natural 19

Aika episode, aw yiss. There is absolutely no way she can go back to long hair because DAYUM Aika looks fine, Jesus. Also Aika being anxious towards Al absolutely killed my heart, she's so perfect.
Really, the closest thing to "moe" on the show is her proto-tsundere act. lol

Articalys

New UK streaming stuff revealed, as in "oh, that's what was up with Kill la Kill". Guess we'll be in synch with the rest of the world from next week onwards.
Huh, that's interesting. Still not quite sure how all the different simulcast/download/premium tiers work, but maybe it'll be clearer once it launches.
I mean, not that it matters to me since I'm not in the UK, but I'm curious.

Also:
"Often, subscription models run on quantity over quality. I would rather provide a quality service and focus on bringing people great shows."
Not sure if that's a subtle dig at CR or not.

cajunator

Banned
Oh man that video. I saw it expecting the real OP before it was posted here, instead I was reminded of one of the worst Sonic games I ever played. The opening song was the only thing really enjoyable about that game. I sure had lots of fun repeating the entire level for that one enemy I just so happened to miss!

Also, A happy birthday to BassForever and SDBurton!

Yeah that Sonic made babies cry. It was so awful.

Steroyd

Thats quite a claim given that there are some truly awful characters out there.

He's acting like a possessive boyfriend, who's convinced the girl needs him in order to function and keeps shouting at her for no reason, add onto that the girl is voiced by Kana Hanazawa and it's table flip worthy.

The writing is on the wall for there for the tears, delicious tears.

duckroll

Professor Hyouka vs Ace Chu2koi - Episode 1

toJp3G5.jpg

RIP Bucket-kun. :(

Spectacular direction for really lackluster material with insufferable dialogue. The setting is deliberately obtuse and convoluted, which is something most Japanese light novels trying to do high school supernatural stuff tend to like doing. That is to say, it's really not very enjoyable and pretty annoying. The dialogue is especially terrible and unnatural. It's really a pity because the direction is really, really good. So's the animation and art. I'll probably keep watching until it becomes too annoying and then I'll drop it.

I'm sure it's a bit of a coincidence, but it's also really weird how the show has elements of all three of KyoAni's previous few shows in it - There's a literature club, the main character looks like the guy in Tamako Market, the girl acts like the girl in Chuu2koi and has the same injury moe gags. Can't tell if KyoAni is just trying to pander to the max, or if they're genuinely out of good ideas. RIP.

Defuser

Nagi no Asukara ep 1
Underwater physics, how they work?!

9fJguYx.png

Theres always other fish waifu in the sea.

0OlJJQn.png

I ain't gonna say anything about this one.

5v7bZ8U.png

Move over sharp knees, fish knees is the new thang.

First episode in and it's already hitting wrong notes and strangely all involve Manaka. And Mari Okada is gonna outdo herself by combining a love triangle with a love chain resulting what I like to call a love sperm chain.

Articalys

Next two Crunchyroll simulcasts are announced: Wanna Be the Strongest in the World! (Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!), about a pop idol who becomes a pro female wresler, will be on Sundays at 5:30am PDT, and I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job. (Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.) (yes, that hero/overlord one we were discussing before) on Fridays at 11:00am PDT.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...o-so-i-reluctantly-decided-to-get-a-job-anime
Still more announcements later today, apparently.

Nagi no Asukara ep 1

5v7bZ8U.png

Move over sharp knees, fish knees is the new thang.

First episode in and it's already hitting wrong notes and strangely all involve Manaka. And Mari Okada is gonna outdo herself by combining a love triangle with a love chain resulting what I like to call a love sperm chain.

New fetish obtained.

Also happy birthday BassForever and SDBurton! May your garden bloom even more this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom