• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone, you guys are the best. :)

Next two Crunchyroll simulcasts are announced: Wanna Be the Strongest in the World! (Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!), about a pop idol who becomes a pro female wresler, will be on Sundays at 5:30am PDT, and I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job. (Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.) (yes, that hero/overlord one we were discussing before) on Fridays at 11:00am PDT.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...o-so-i-reluctantly-decided-to-get-a-job-anime

EpThpXR.jpg

Still more announcements later today, apparently.

Awww yeah! Girl wrasslin' hype!

mhs004

Next two Crunchyroll simulcasts are announced: Wanna Be the Strongest in the World! (Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!), about a pop idol who becomes a pro female wresler, will be on Sundays at 5:30am PDT, and I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job. (Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.) (yes, that hero/overlord one we were discussing before) on Fridays at 11:00am PDT.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...o-so-i-reluctantly-decided-to-get-a-job-anime

These are not kuroko no basket. What are you doing crunchy?

fertygo

http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup

Absolutely nothing that is on that page as of right now.

I'm glad I'm not doing Akagi because I don't understand shit about mahjongg, and I've read the first 2 volumes AND Kaiji 3. I am like bizzaro-Akagi, nothing about the game makes sense to me.

From translation question to bashing mahjong smh.. you're no fun guy, I'll avoid your show.

j/k

But for real, all on that page looked terrible lol.. hope your show is nothing like those.

Kill la Kill

I like what I see but did I see what I like.....yes. This show is really good, great characters, funny, awesome fights (even though animation sometimes seems to be like slides) and a good soundtrack. Definitely anime of the season. I can say that with confidence and quite possibly will be anime of the year.

Did it save anime? Of course not.
One minor grievance is that everything seems so over the top and characters are shouting so much that it could get tiring. I mean I was already pissed at that guy who kept shouting and its the first episode.

This show is going to be a fun ride. Definitely going to watch this with my sis and tell the anime society to check it out.

From translation question to bashing mahjong smh.. you're no fun guy, I'll avoid your show.

j/k

But for real, all on that page looked terrible lol.. hope your show is nothing like those.

lol I'm not bashing mahjongg, I recognize it for what it is, a deep, rich, complex game of skill and thinking ahead that I will never, ever be able to play. It's like chess or shogi but at least in those I understand how the pieces move!

Mik317

Pokemon Origins 3

This thing is so awesome.

Giovani is the best villian in series history too.

althought I will say it is hard to listen to Red due to him being Naruto...especially during the grand speeches....but unlike Naruto, Red changes dudes thru kicking their ass not just words.

also dat Seismic Toss.

I have no issues with the actual anime since it was a huge part of my childhood...but more of these please Nintendo....do it.

CorvoSol

All this talk of Naruto being Red or whatever makes me glad I don't watch Naruto at all. The voice has no such horror for me.

Jarmel

Banned
Kill La Kill 1- 2nd watch

I liked this a lot more the second time, although I'm still not wild about it. Better subs and encoding made a pretty big difference. I still think it's way too fast for its own good at times such as Ryuko's introduction to the town and especially after Ryuko gets her ass beat. I also think Mako has the potential to get old really fast as well, she's a hyperactive bunny.

I really hope Sawano steps his game up. Shit is mediocre like a motherfucker other than the vocal piece.

It's also perfectly possible I'm forcing myself to like it more as well.

Kill La Kill 1- 2nd watch

I liked this a lot more the second time, although I'm still not wild about it. Better subs and encoding made a pretty big difference. I still think it's way too fast for its own good at times such as Ryuko's introduction to the town and especially after Ryuko gets her ass beat. I also think Mako has the potential to get old really fast as well, she's a hyperactive bunny.

I really hope Sawano steps his game up. Shit is mediocre like a motherfucker other than the vocal piece.

It's also perfectly possible I'm forcing myself to like it more as well.

Oh shit Sawano is doing the OST. This just gets better and better.

But that's not the part that smells like fish!

I hope you tell your girl to see a doctor because it ain't supposed to smell like fish.

cajunator

Banned
He's acting like a possessive boyfriend, who's convinced the girl needs him in order to function and keeps shouting at her for no reason, add onto that the girl is voiced by Kana Hanazawa and it's table flip worthy.

The writing is on the wall for there for the tears, delicious tears.

Wait so he yells at a Kana Hanazawa sweetheart character? Ok immediately on my shit list.

Nagi no Asukara ep 1
Underwater physics, how they work?!

9fJguYx.png

Theres always other fish waifu in the sea.

0OlJJQn.png

I ain't gonna say anything about this one.

5v7bZ8U.png

Move over sharp knees, fish knees is the new thang.

First episode in and it's already hitting wrong notes and strangely all involve Manaka. And Mari Okada is gonna outdo herself by combining a love triangle with a love chain resulting what I like to call a love sperm chain.

I gotta say this has me intrigued. If only to see what the hell its about and why she has a fish on her knee.

First one looks bland. Second looks like working and thats promising.

duckroll

Oh and and they're definitely going the "suit malfunction/inconsistent" route as a way of nerfing Ryuko.

Don't see why they have to do any nerfing. I think it's the opposite, they'll just make her stronger and stronger as she unlocks more potential to deal with tougher enemies. The pacing will probably be really similar to Gurren Lagann.

Ep1-6 = Fighting scrub monster of the week enemies.

Ep7-13 = Leveling up and dealing with the 4 Heavenly Kings.

PLOT TWIST

Second Half = Takes place in the world outside of the school.

santeesioux

I think i'm going end up trying almost every show CR got, and they still don't have like 3 shows i'm interested in yet. That's a very overwhelming feeling.

Jarmel

Banned
Don't see why they have to do any nerfing. I think it's the opposite, they'll just make her stronger and stronger as she unlocks more potential to deal with tougher enemies. The pacing will probably be really similar to Gurren Lagann.

PLOT TWIST

Level 2 guy couldn't even dent her. So when the suit is properly functioning, that leaves Level 3 and 4. There's also a line in the preview that hints at malfunctioning issues.

A crisis befalls Ryuuko, who is unable to draw out my powers well enough.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 10

Here's what I'm going to say. First of all, with the past few episodes, it seems Doremi is getting more lewd each passing season, which... I guess makes sense because they're aging and entering new grades every season. And so, it is also as if it's aging with the targeted demographic as well, which means it won't be held back by keeping it kiddy (granted I can't say they were with the way characters are written.) That being said, I found this episode hilarious because of all the breast flaunting. And I shouldn't find it funny, because I totally understand the problems of embarrassment with breasts.

I mean it's like what Louis C.K. said about breast in where it's an older man (or males in general) can feel the same shame as an 11 year old girl. It's totally embarrassing (much more for males). That isn't funny. And yet it totally was funny, and I don't really regret it. I enjoyed this episode, especially when you consider how older males react to breasts being similar to a younger boy, but positive (which is still a negative). They even have sex ed in class! And it's rather appropriate that the victim of the week was someone who actually had a problem with her body before. Ojamajo Doremi still does well in being a great mahou shoujo anime, and I'm a bit surprised they don't bother to do this with Precure.... granted only 5 of them actually have breast (that's not even 1/5th of the Precures even. Less if you want to count movie exclusives and
Bad Precures
).

Jex

So, I don't know if anyone noticed as it was happening but for me, looking back over a number of pages in one sitting there was a pretty crazy number of individual Kill la Kill impressions. So I decided to count them up and there appears to be approximately 70 sets of impressions.

That's bonkers.

I didn't even realize that that many people even posted in the thread, although I certainly knew that a number of people read the thread without ever posting. To top it all off I barely recognize a fraction of the posters making said impressions. Where did all these Kill la Kill fans spring from? Did the thread in the OT help lure them all over here?

Also, to anyone who has been brought over here, or is a new junior, Hello and Welcome!

Also, Happy Birthdays!

fertygo

PLOT TWIST

The shirt totally the actual villain. Ryuuko just foolishly feed him till he fully recover.
Not awkward enough, bleh

Articalys

The Watamote thing isn't really a proper dub trailer, just an English-dubbed ad for streaming on The Anime Network.

-----------------------------------

Yu-sibu ep.1

This is dumb, tons of ecchi, but also kind of fun. Makes a good point about what role heroes and demons have in a peaceful world. Will have to see where it goes from here.

Moonlight

Banned
Never been one to rag on dubs, but the incredibly pathetic, desperate quality (and I meant this in the best of senses) to Izumi Kitta's delivery made Tomoko more than anything, in my opinion. I couldn't help but cringe a bit here.

The Watamote thing isn't really a proper dub trailer, just an English-dubbed ad for streaming on The Anime Network.
...ah, well, that makes sense.

Tenumi

Banned
So the first thing I see when I get on GAF today is a Kill la Kill stream ad.

...Yup.

Also, I'm feeling crap today so I'll either be watching a lot of anime or collapsing on a bed, whatever feels better at the time.

CorvoSol

PLOT TWIST

You mean it will be really similar to Utena?

Ep1-10 = Introductory duels/duels of the week.
Ep11-Mid= Black Clothes Duels

PLOT TWIST

Second Half= sexy sexy sexy cars

Kitakubu 11
Well that was interesting. The first part was definitely heartwarming and out of place and the rest was trying to figure out what to do for the final episode. Really felt like this show is dragging far too long

Golden Time 1
Seems to be a quality romcom anime this season though that foreshadowing at the end is a little worrying

Gazoinks

So, I don't know if anyone noticed as it was happening but for me, looking back over a number of pages in one sitting there was a pretty crazy number of individual Kill la Kill impressions. So I decided to count them up and there appears to be approximately 70 sets of impressions.

That's bonkers.

I didn't even realize that that many people even posted in the thread, although I certainly knew that a number of people read the thread without ever posting. To top it all off I barely recognize a fraction of the posters making said impressions. Where did all these Kill la Kill fans spring from? Did the thread in the OT help lure them all over here?

Also, to anyone who has been brought over here, or is a new junior, Hello and Welcome!

Also, Happy Birthdays!

Well, it was pretty much ultra mega super hyped, so it is understandable.

Level 2 guy couldn't even dent her. So when the suit is properly functioning, that leaves Level 3 and 4. There's also a line in the preview that hints at malfunctioning issues.

A crisis befalls Ryuuko, who is unable to draw out my powers well enough.

Forgot to ask this when you posted your rereview, but where did you go for better subs?

PLOT TWIST

school is a giant mech. fights other schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom