• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
Infinite Stratos 2: 01

wKh06bZ.jpg

Oh my...

Articalys

Apparently they're announcing something else today as well.

What fall anime at this point has yet to be announced for any simulcast? Ippo and Log Horizon I know anything else?
Here's a quick list as far as I know:
Super Seisyun Brothers
Kyousogiga
Freezing Vibration
Log Horizon
Ippo Rising
Yozakura Quartet
Machine-Doll
Non Non Biyori
Arpeggio
Tokyo Ravens
BlazBlue
NouCome
Some are being simulcast on other countries' services, though, so they'll probably show up on CR eventually.

Tizoc

How IN THE FUCK DOES A MOESHIT MAGICAL GIRL ANIME WITH GENERIC CHARACTER TYPES GET FREAKIN' FULL ANIMATED SHORTS BUT WE CAN'T GET A CRAZY AS BALLS AWESOME INFERNO COP SHORT?!!?!?!?
Seriously Inferno Cop was crazy awesome and hilarious, if they made a proper anime it can just be about the craz shit Inferno Cop goes through in Jack Knife Edge Town and it'd be anime of the year.

Theonik

Is this some kind of generational thing that makes me feel like an old man? He's Robotnik god dammit.
How can you be so insensitive of the Eggman's identity?

I like your new avatar
Thanks! Working on some other stuff over the next few days though. Please be excited!

He's never been the same since Strike Witches...
After my Strike Witches [REDACTED] documentation project I've developed a reflex where whenever a [REDACTED] appears on screen I pause the video.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I couldn’t become a hero, so I reluctantly decided to get a job 01
cr subs suck more than usual this season. doa age set to 99.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
How IN THE FUCK DOES A MOESHIT MAGICAL GIRL ANIME WITH GENERIC CHARACTER TYPES GET FREAKIN' FULL ANIMATED SHORTS BUT WE CAN'T GET A CRAZY AS BALLS AWESOME INFERNO COP SHORT?!!?!?!?
Moeshit? Generic? Stop talking out of your ass and actually watch Little Witch Academia.

CorvoSol

Gundam Build Fighters is still up in the air if its US or not so :(

Show looks so goooooood.

Also what impresses me most about Inferno Cop is the number of people who worked on it. I thought one or four dudes max were needed to make it. It doesn't matter though because now I have to choose between it and Flowers of Evil for Anime of the Year.

Here's a quick list as far as I know:

Super Seisyun Brothers
Kyousogiga
Freezing Vibration
Log Horizon
Ippo Rising
Yozakura Quartet
Machine-Doll
Non Non Biyori
Arpeggio
Tokyo Ravens
BlazBlue
NouCome

Some are being simulcast on other countries' services, though, so they'll probably show up on CR eventually.

A lot of stuff I'd like to see :/ hopefully someone picks them up soon. Since the advent of legal simulcast what's the most amount of anime not picked up in a season? Since I've started paying attention this year I've only ever seen 1-2 a season if that.

jbug617

Banned
Sentai just tweeted about the bonus anime they are licensing this fall. It's not a show this season and also not a license rescue.

Jex

Seriously Inferno Cop was crazy awesome and hilarious, if they made a proper anime it can just be about the craz shit Inferno Cop goes through in Jack Knife Edge Town and it'd be anime of the year.

Ignoring your comments about LWA, for now, I feel like Inferno Cop would lose most of it's charm if it looked like a "real" anime.

InuYasha 51

The opening teased a Sesshomaru focused episode... then we got more InuYasha protecting people. At least the ending teased more demon InuYasha which should make next episode fun.

Thoraxes

Let this coming year be just as good as the last one!
Happy birthday!
May your garden stay pure and clean for eons to come!

egPLjs1.gif

If anything I'm looking forward to Ep 2 hopefully toning down at least slightly. While I thought the manic pace of Ep 1 was pretty awesome, I could see it getting exhausting if it maintains that the whole time.

Oh that's fine, but I think the awesome-quotient is gonna stay high. There's something about the style I just love, and I can't really say why, other than that it fuels a lot of endorphins into my brain when I watch it.

Have you tried reading the Replace light novels?

Those stories with Kuroko and Momoi were adorable and made me quite the fan of both her and the pairing.

i don't read books about basketball!

Well i did have the official novelization of Space Jam.

still debating if i wanna watch kuroko s2. I think thats about when i got bored of the manga when everything got all prince of tennis nonsense.

Jex

Well, it was pretty much ultra mega super hyped, so it is understandable.

That is certainly clear although I guess that just digs a little bit deeper towards the same general idea. Why has Kill la Kill been so hyped? I mean, the designs have been cool and it's by Trigger and Imaishi but the last thing Imaishi did was Panty and Stocking which really didn't rock that many people's worlds. In fact, I'd say it was rather weak. Do people just remember Gurren Lagann and forget the rest?

Dresden

That is certainly clear although I guess that just digs a little bit deeper towards the same general idea. Why has Kill la Kill been so hyped? I mean, the designs have been cool and it's by Trigger and Imaishi but the last thing Imaishi did was Panty and Stocking which really didn't rock that many people's worlds. In fact, I'd say it was rather weak. Do people just remember Gurren Lagann and forget the rest?
I doubt all those people even know who the director is. Maybe Trigger as a brand, with how popular LWA was, helped.

Gazoinks

Um... Actually, I have no idea. I sort of entered the thing when it was already hyped, so I don't really know where it actually came from. A lot of people have been seeing it as the successor to TTGL.

Jex

I doubt all those people even know who the director is. Maybe Trigger as a brand, with how popular LWA was, helped.

I roughly figured as much. I think I had taken it as red that people kept up to date with Studio's and directors when clearly that's only for crazy people who follow the scene to closely.

Jarmel

Banned

I think it's the whole 'proper successor' to TTGL thing mostly.

Pooya

well, from the beginning, in first TV spots, Aniplex has been advertising this as second coming of jesus Gurren Lagann. Trigger brand has been rather strong considering the success of their LWA kickstarter. Add word of mouth to all that, considering how internet focused everything anime is now and how fast it spreads, it's not all that shocking.

Jex

well, from the beginning, in first TV spots, Aniplex has been advertising this as second coming of jesus Gurren Lagann. Trigger brand has been rather strong considering the success of their LWA kickstarter. Add word of mouth to all that, considering how internet focused everything anime is now and how fast it spreads, it's not all that shocking.

Right but it's rare to see that translate into actual excitement within not just the hardcore western anime fandom but the much looser western anime fandom who have only seen the odd show here and there. I guess it speaks of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's absolutely monstrous internet popularity.

InuYasha 52

It's too bad Kagome didn't have an ability to instantly make InuYasha stop whenever she wanted to by yelling a command, or else she could have stopped him before he went on a murder streak, or prevented him from attacking Sesshomaru. If she had that power and used it maybe InuYasha wouldn't be trapped in rage mode all the time.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't know if KLK is saving anime, but it might save the AOTY poll by splitting the AOT votes.

AOT wasn't going to win and your idea would only work if people could only vote for 1 series instead of 10.

Which I think is a good idea. You should be forced to pick only 1 show for AOTY. It's AOTY for a reason.

Branduil

AOT wasn't going to win and your idea would only work if people could only vote for 1 series instead of 10.

Which I think is a good idea. You should be forced to pick only 1 show for AOTY. It's AOTY for a reason.

But people are forced to pick one show for AOTY. You pick one show for 10 points and all the others get less.

I think it was a mix of "the return of the old Gainax" under a different name, FLCL / GurrenLagann fans, "classic anime not about moe girls" fans and animation fans.

Let this coming year be just as good as the last one!

Happy birthday SDBurton !!

And happy birthday to all the Gaffers who have a birthday today too .

I kinda wanted to qote but there are so many post/hours now that i'm afraid i must have missed many posts.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
But people are forced to pick one show for AOTY. You pick one show for 10 points and all the others get less.

Right I'm saying if people give 9 points to AOT instead of 10 it doesn't really matter all that much. Your example of KlK splitting up that base really only works if theres only 1 show on your entire ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom