• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have no idea how you people can memorize more than a handful of animators/directors and what they were responsible for.

I usually only remember after specific circumstances, like how True Tears taught me that Mari Okada plus P.A. Works (or just in general) can lead to the worst thing ever.

Soma

I still have no idea how you people can memorize more than a handful of animators/directors and what they were responsible for.

ANN/MAL is helpful.

"Oh this name I kinda recognize is apparently doing a thing, what have they done before again?"

*consults MAL or ANN*

"Ohhhhh so THAT's why people are excited and/or angry"

mhs004

Ippo Rising 1

Where has this anime been in my life. Action, feels, strategy it is all there! Will continue to watch and love.

Articalys

ANN/MAL is helpful.

"Oh this name I kinda recognize is apparently doing a thing, what have they done before again?"

*consults MAL or ANN*

"Ohhhhh so THAT's why people are excited and/or angry"
Oh, believe me, I do that too -- even have ANN's encyclopedia as a keyword search in my browser -- I guess I don't know what's going on "behind the scenes", but I've been assuming that other people commenting on staff seem to know who's done what without consulting extra resources.

Narag

Still need to give Howl's a rewatch. Been curious given thread opinion on it since I first started hanging out in here.

Jex

I think it just comes with the general nerd territory. If you're the kind of person whose really interested in a topic and want to learn more about major players within that field you'll just naturally accumulate knowledge in that area.

yuushibu 1

seems a bit too similar to many of the shows of the last few seasons... with a large % more fanservice.

panties panties panties.

boobs boobs boobs. that animation potential.

Not a bad fanservicey show for the season.

Also anime captain kirk got the skills.

ihSX8iNURTiD5.gif

my gif collection for this show is going 100mbs already. yep yep.

Quasar

Log Horizon - 01

HUm .... there are plenty of problem with the setting, if anything SAO initial reaction to the news was much more realistic in how the players reacted to their sudden "new reality"

Still log horizon start fine , there are plenty of problem so far IMO with everything that was presented to the viewer , but i'm sure they will correct those by explaining more of the mecanics in later episodes.

So far , an "Ok" start

What are the major problems? Nothing really bothered me, though there's lots of bits about their situation and the game that need to be explained. I am wondering if they will continue to be so in your face about the game interface.

Theres isn't a whole lot of setting info aside the whole thing about fast travel between cities being broken.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It hasn't even been a week dude.

Moreover there's other franchises I'm looking into at the moment. Never watched anything Cutie Honey. Also hosanna recommends Jewelpet Kira Deco, or whatever it's called.
Hahaha, ok. Sorry, didn't know you were putting it aside for a while.

Quasar

Freezing Vibration 1:

It's another season of Freezing. Busty women being catty bitches to each other while slicing up RahXephon rejects with the psychic energy of their wienery little male partners. Please don't watch this.

I'm going to admit S1 was a guilty pleasure of mine. I was just a bit bothered by the graphicness of the violence in the training system.

I found the S2 opener pretty meh. And a bit conflicted about the arc they skipped. On one hand it was a nice having the main two get closer arc, on the other it was pretty repellant.

Branduil

I'm biased because reasons, but I think GAF's hatred for it is really overblown. You'd think it was the worst goddamned movie if you just went by this board's reaction to it, as opposed to a charming flick about a young old woman collecting a makeshift family inside of a gorgeously animated patchwork castle with legs.

I feel like the main problem is the egregiously tacked on anti-war subplot because Miyazaki was pissed about the Iraq war, and the insultingly dumb ending. It's not a bad movie, just nowhere near the usual standards of Ghibli.

Narag

I'm biased because reasons, but I think GAF's hatred for it is really overblown. You'd think it was the worst goddamned movie if you just went by this board's reaction to it, as opposed to a charming flick about a young old woman collecting a makeshift family inside of a gorgeously animated patchwork castle with legs.

Some of those opinions felt like it might as well been another Earthsea yet I never recalled anything so bad. I don't think I've been able to separate whether or not the criticism is based on just the movie itself or irritation at the the "what if" scenario if Hosoda had had his way. Of course that little conceit is on me rather than anyone else.

Ace of Diamond Episode 1
tumblr_mu83diE78a1rqzfjlo1_500.gif

Well I was hoping it'd be like Oofuri but I guess it decided to be more serious take on baseball instead of a more friendly no name team to a top one. In any event there was still some fun to be had here with clueless Eijun offering up many good moments of conflicting views of what team to pursue and eventually the excellent introduction of perhaps the best character thus far, Miyuki Kazuya. If he could be Eijun's permanent catcher then I think this could be a blast.

Looking forward to wear it goes, OP and ED are solid.

Defuser

Log Horizon ep 1
The show that SAO failed to be. It's pretty interesting to see MMO elements being utillised properly instead of devolving into self delusion wankery like SAO. oh did I say it's better than SAO? SAO sucks.

mhs004

Ace of the Diamond 1

I had high hopes for this show and it delivered. Very fun show with a great main character and side characters. Exited to see what he does with his future and how his friends will respond.

Shergal

Oh, believe me, I do that too -- even have ANN's encyclopedia as a keyword search in my browser -- I guess I don't know what's going on "behind the scenes", but I've been assuming that other people commenting on staff seem to know who's done what without consulting extra resources.

Well, in the case of animators, it generally depends on the specific individual and production but some of them are just recognizable by eye the same way voice actors can be recognizable by ear -only if you're into the whole sakuga thing, of course-. For example, even disregarding Tetsuya Takeuchi's special KA credit for the first ep of Yuushibu, the initial fight just looks like his style. I posted a video a couple of posts ago but you can see in there how the NHK scene and the one before it (no idea what show it was) look really similar.

Bigger positions generally influence the whole production, so if you know X guy is the AD/director/writer of an episode/show you don't have to dig up the specifics of what they did.

As for memory, I guess when you're a staff-whore you just end up remembering a lot of things due to overexposure.

Bleach 47 - 50 (4th rewatch)

50 was a filler and had Jinta but that made it good too see, the other episodes though raise a question for at least the most current manga arc
Could Sogyokou, the large sword used to execute, destroy Yhwach?

What are the major problems? Nothing really bothered me, though there's lots of bits about their situation and the game that need to be explained. I am wondering if they will continue to be so in your face about the game interface.

Theres isn't a whole lot of setting info aside the whole thing about fast travel between cities being broken.

it's pretty much the same problems as SAO really , i'm just wondering if they will adress them.Hack had this as well ... what happens IRL when the protagonists can't log out ..??

Why can't they remember why they are back in the game , who trapped them ? why ?

Everyone seems quite level headed when trust in a situation that mean "unknow" and that's even with the main character who is the "brains".

Again these aren't problems in the strict sense of the word, just issues that need to be adressed at one point or another when they will tell the story..

----------------------------------
Golden Time - 01

Boring ...about to drop .

will give this anime 1 more chance but that's it.

Narag

It's actually quite entertaining. Would probably be in my best of year list if it didn't look like shit, still might be.

Going on mine so long as the script holds up. It'll be this year's Arashi no Yoru ni vote from me come AOTY time!!

it's pretty much the same problems as SAO really , i'm just wondering if they will adress them.Hack had this as well ... what happens IRL when the protagonists can't log out ..??

Why can't they remember why they are back in the game , who trapped them ? why ?

Everyone seems quite level headed when trust in a situation that mean "unknow" and that's even with the main character who is the "brains".

Again these aren't problems in the strict sense of the word, just issues that need to be adressed at one point or another when they will tell the story..

It's only the first episode, these aren't problems yet. And to be honest, I'm glad they are skipping over the angst of being trapped in a virtual world.

Jarmel

Banned
I feel like the main problem is the egregiously tacked on anti-war subplot because Miyazaki was pissed about the Iraq war, and the insultingly dumb ending. It's not a bad movie, just nowhere near the usual standards of Ghibli.

The ending was ridiculously dumb. I didn't even know some people on GAF hated it till I saw it last year and I completely agree with the criticisms.

Quasar

Little Busters Refrain 1 - and heres where it moves from being a somewhat pleasant tale of school friendship and baseball to crappy keyness and a terrible twist. Don't know why I didn't just leave it with that pleasant ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom