• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few series I wish to watch haven't aired yet, but so far I'd rank

1. Kill La Kill
2. Coppelion
3. Log Horizon
4. Strike The Blood
5. Beyond The Boundary

Also plan to watch Galilei Donna, Samurai Flamenco, Phi Brain S3, Magi S2, and Valvrave S2. If I was caught up on Ippo I'd watch it too. There are a few other anime that I'm interested in but they've not been picked up for simulcast yet :(

Good god <3
By the way, if you guys remember this is Sae. The cutest mop haired girl in animu.
94jWhf1.jpg

I'm not sure if her hair would be considered fuwafuwa but I enjoy what I'm seeing.

I keep forgetting where this is from.

Aqua Lion EVOL.

Pirabear

Banned
Log Horizon 1

Fun and surprisingly relaxing show. Wouldn't mind if the whole series was just MC, shield bro, and LOYALTY on adventures, but we'll see how it goes.

I feel like a moron for continuing to watch a show I don't like for the longest time, fucking peer pressure.

What was I suppose to like about Attack on Titan?

Tenumi

Banned
Haganai is a great series. I havent finished it yet cause Im watching it with a friend. Which are you, Team Meat or Team Yozora? Or maybe Team Rikka?

Team Rikka is the best team.

To LOVE-ru Darkness: 12 (END)

Ah... such an enjoyable series comes to an end.... kinda. The manga is obviously still going, so the show ended.... at a random spot, really. No real plot links were finished. It really ended in the middle of the storyline.

But, nevertheless, it was well worth the watch, even if it is "incomplete". I'm not ashamed by it, I love the To LOVE-ru series. Yeah, its mostly mindless ecchi fun, but I find it enjoyable. Almost every character is enjoyable, and it plays up its ridiculousness because it knows how ridiculous it really is. I, for one, will be waiting for the inevitable next season (On Blu-ray, of course...)

Dresden

Log Horizon 1

Fun and surprisingly relaxing show. Wouldn't mind if the whole series was just MC, shield bro, and LOYALTY on adventures, but we'll see how it goes.

Each volume focused on a different adventuring crew, or so I remember hearing. Who knows.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but the Jouji Nakata cat-bro better show up soon.

Yamade and the Seven Witches episode 7

President is truly the master puppeteer, that plan and thinking. I think its on track to have a strong ending
if the romance could be played down some, Shiraishi x Yamada going way too strong
, though it gives good buds moments with Yamada and Miyamura, their bond and understanding.

Jex

I feel like a moron for continuing to watch a show I don't like for the longest time, fucking peer pressure.

I can't explain what a shows appeal is but I can recommend that you shouldn't continue to watch something you don't enjoy. It's rarely a good idea, unless you find the 'hate watch' to be somewhat enjoyable.

santeesioux

So should I bother to watch InuYasha filler episodes or just skip them? My goal is to get caught up with Toonami which will be in filler for another month so I have plenty of time (I plan to be caught up by next weekend). Though from watching a few episodes of filler on Toonami it seems like the difference between an episode of InuYasha filler and InuYasha canon can be pretty hard to distinguish if you haven't read the manga unlike other shonen anime adaptations.

I got a kick out of the filler episodes where he was in the modern day times, but it's been over ten years since i watched it so i can't help you that much now.

CorvoSol

Well, the parts I did like were the action sequences at the show's beginning, and the (naive) assumption we would be learning things about this weird new world. Then the pacing was literally shat out of someone's ass around the time that
Eren was shat out of someone's ass
and also the visuals nose-dived and that 2nd OP was such shit.

I should probably still finish the season.

Just listen to the soundtrack, and then tell me you don't want to watch it.

I'll just watch it. I'm a sucker for peer pressure anyway.

Jarmel

Banned
Guess who's back, back again.

KNK Upcoming Staff

Ep2: "Ultramarine"
Script: Jukki Hanada
Storyboards/Direction: Yasuhiro Takemoto
Animation Director: Nao Naito

Ep3: "Moonlight Purple"
Storyboards/Direction: Noriyuki Kitanohara
Animation Director: Shouko Ikeda

Dresden

Episode one was well directed too, but it's not going to go anywhere with that material. Not even Takemoto-sama can save this.

Infinite Stratos 2

I need to update my list

Top 5 of denser beings on this planet :
5) Plutonium
4) Platinum
3) Natsuru ( kampfer )
2) Osmium
1) Ichika ( infinite stratos )

This is almost sad how this happen ... at no point does he wonder that there might have misunderstanding ??

But thank god they focused the episode on something intresting instead , meaning the relationships between france & Germany ..
And let mme tell you it was awesome.

The maid cafe was great ..but damn if the crepe part wasn't superb.

It seems that this time they are focusing on things that matter and i'm glad they are :)

Nafe

See, Hito, I was almost right.

Also, in related news, firehawk12 is an immoral shit.

I read that as immortal, haha.
No wonder he's a fan of mono no aware,haha.

Only 3 fucking people actually watch Dokidoki. pfft.

I'm still watching it but I haven't been posting about it. I thought about it for last weeks episode so maybe I'll do a double comment post this week or something.

I admit, I got kind of bored and now I'm 3 episodes behind. Kugiloli with her ipad card powers was not enough.

Ah, I was actually going to ask if you were still watching it, as I couldn't remember seeing any comments about it really from you lately.

Goldeneye was my first real FPS. Ironically that game probably still has better level design than 90% of modern shooters. Plus wounds based on hit location.

Hm, mine might have been either Wolfenstein or Doom for computers. Console was probably GoldenEye. I liked Perfect Dark better though as it basically took the mechanics of GoldenEye and added a bunch more cool new things.

That reminds me of that FPS comparison picture where someone posted the map to the first level of Doom noting it was from 1993 and then posting a hallway with a bunch of arrows saying "cutscene here", saying that was from 2010.

I would tend to agree, but that AI was dumber than bricks.

Modern day FPS AI doesn't really seem that much better a lot of the time either,haha.
At least for your AI partners anyway.

Anime disks are way too expensive (for kids to buy). You could get a PS3 for the cost of all six volumes of Flowers of Evil discounted on Amazon.jp.

Part in parenthesis not really required,haha.

I remember one time I was playing Surface with a bunch of cheat codes on like invisibility and I purposely set off an alarm to attract an endless stream of enemies. After doing this for a while one of the generated enemies somehow glitched when he was first rendered- he ended up with his face being nothing but an ear, and I think he had several other ears on his head as well. So I was alone in a snowy wasteland, an alarm sounding in the distance, my only company this freakish abomination randomly pointing his gun around because he couldn't see me. To this day that is the creepiest thing I've ever seen in a video game.

Heh, weird. Reading this reminds me of when I stumbled upon that "floating mines" glitch in the bunker level. I can't really recall any specific happenings along the lines of yours off the top of my head.

I miss when games had all these extra fun little secrets or bonus things like the cheat codes you mention. If they actually do, then it's all DLC or behind pay walls now...

Lovely, lovely initial contact with a standard setting laid out with such a nice rhythm there is little I could worry about now (and I didn't even before that). What I really think is I can't possibly say more at the moment for a series that I'm sure will try to outdo itself on its brilliant craziness for the following 23 episodes, as per the creators' words.

That or my laziness is certainly showing, because I adore such amazing analyses we have had the opportunity to read already. 'Ríos de tinta digital' spent everywhere you go... keep them coming, guys! :)

Since you don't normally comment on individual episodes of shows, I was actually going to ask what you thought of the first episode of Kill la Kill.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ah, okay. That must have been interesting trying to avoid spoilers for Madoka then, especially with some in AnimeGaf not being able to hide them very well.
I wasn't too concerned about them in the first place, so it worked out.

I'm watching IS like AKB, where it's just fun to laugh at a shows silliness sometimes.
Haha, no, I understand. It was fairly amusing to do so when watching the show with others in AnimeGAF, but when the show ended and any prospect of a continuation seemed like a lost cause I was all "FREEDOM!"

To LOVE-ru Darkness: 12 (END)

Ah... such an enjoyable series comes to an end.... kinda. The manga is obviously still going, so the show ended.... at a random spot, really. No real plot links were finished. It really ended in the middle of the storyline.

But, nevertheless, it was well worth the watch, even if it is "incomplete". I'm not ashamed by it, I love the To LOVE-ru series. Yeah, its mostly mindless ecchi fun, but I find it enjoyable. Almost every character is enjoyable, and it plays up its ridiculousness because it knows how ridiculous it really is. I, for one, will be waiting for the inevitable next season (On Blu-ray, of course...)

There is nothing to be ashamed about liking To Love Ru.

And thank you for the gifts :D

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Karin 2

Switching to the sub. Okay, this OP is really subpar and very lewd.

Anyways, it's still pretty mediocre but a lot more bearable with subs. And its still sticking to the manga pretty close so far, so that's good.

Kanon (2006) 8

Definitely a lot better now that things are getting serious. The show is a lot better when it's like this, serious and largely focused, rather than just being a grab bag of cute experiences and situations.

Wait, aren't you trying to find out who she is though? Why are you so afraid of her explanation that you don't want to hear more? You're dumb son.

Well, shit, that kinda came out of nowhere Wait so you did ask? That's some weird pacing or something. I can see the template they're using in story arc a little;
Makoto's situation is pretty similar to Fuko's from Clannad in a lot of ways.

Silky

Banned
Log Horizon 1

Judging by the ending cutscenes, there's more characters to be introduced who's going to be in Shiroe's group. I think a larger cast would help show off more of his tactics stuff he has going on.

But then again, I really hope the original trio gets in a lot of jolly good cooperation before the rest of the cast is revealed.

dumbyugi

Regarding the next AnimeGAf survey that I've been putting off for months now... since it'll have a section on retail for once, and I only have limited knowledge of non-R1 releated anime business, could I please get a quick primer on which are the major companies that license/simulcast anime in Europe, Australia, Asia, and elsewere? Thanks.

In Australia Madman is the main company, they are also the only one who do simulcasts. Hanabee and Siren Visual are the only other 2 I know of in Australia.

Jarmel

Banned
Episode one was well directed too, but it's not going to go anywhere with that material. Not even Takemoto-sama can save this.

It's kinda funny, they're bringing out some of their big guns such as Ikeda and Takemoto, but then they keep Hanada for scripts. 3rd episode should be glorious visually though.

Judging by the ending cutscenes, there's more characters to be introduced who's going to be in Shiroe's group. I think a larger cast would help show off more of his tactics stuff he has going on.

But then again, I really hope the original trio gets in a lot of jolly good cooperation before the rest of the cast is revealed.

If they are going to make a guild (which we know they will it's in the title) I imagine we will see several episodes of both big group action and small group action.

Shergal

Guess who's back, back again.

KNK Upcoming Staff

Ep2: "Ultramarine"
Storyboards/Direction: Yasuhiro Takemoto
Animation Director: Nao Naito

Ep3: "Moonlight Purple"
Storyboards/Direction: Noriyuki Kitanohara
Animation Director: Shouko Ikeda

Takemoto hasn't been the best single ep conte/director lately. Yamada and Kigami are the other two greats and they've been doing really great work.

Of course his episode will be good, IIRC he likes action and stuff. And Nao Naitou means it will look good throughout.

CorvoSol

Attack on Titan 22

-I remember what made me quit now. The Female Titan being able to harden her skin. It wasn't enough that she could magically summon Titans to eat her and then respawn IMMEDIATELY, she could harden her skin, too. If Titans could do that all alone, sure, no problem, but this business of new powers as the plot demands is stupid. Unless you're rooting for the Titans, I guess, but even then no one side should just magically have new power to defend themselves against everything.
-That CG continues to be the most horribly offensive CG I've ever seen. Eva 3.0 wishes its CG could look this shitty.
-That OP2 is still the most awful song I have ever heard. I'd sooner listen to Nakamura's OP for Flowers of Evil or the "I COBTIBUE TO FIBE!" from Code Geass on endless repeat before listening to this horrible OP.
-The episode's pacing is still godawful. I have something positive to say but I must stress that the fact that dialogue in this show always boils down to people repeating what has been stated explicitly and obviously four or twenty times in a row is horrible. Dump the fucking bodies. You've had to dump them all along. Oh, the Titans aren't slowing down for that? What a surprise that no plan works out in this fucking show. So so so so so tired of that. It's to the point where people's ridiculous, screaming reactions to everything going wrong is comedic, since we all knew it would turn out this way anyway.

Now for the good: Levi's assault on the Female Titan was honestly well animated, and it looked really good. Aside from the skull raping CG, the entire scene was nice. Mikasa's interactions with Levi were enjoyable, and there was some nice tension in there. What a shame the episode felt the need to return to the exact same old business as usual so swiftly thereafter. Still, that one scene gives me the FAINTEST of hopes that next season everyone who worked on this show will lose their homes, families, jobs, and hands, and a new studio and staff will be hired so they can maybe salvage what little good there is left buried in this shitty product.

But for the sake of stress: if the entire episode had been on par with those first four minutes of Mikasa and Levi fighting the female titan, I would've been okay with it. I felt almost as into the show as I did when I first started watching it.

Regarding the next AnimeGAf survey that I've been putting off for months now... since it'll have a section on retail for once, and I only have limited knowledge of non-R1 releated anime business, could I please get a quick primer on which are the major companies that license/simulcast anime in Europe, Australia, Asia, and elsewere? Thanks.

Australia is basically all Madman, although someone could correct me on that.

In the UK, the main publisher is Manga Entertainment, usually branded Manga UK. They publish the lion's share of the anime that gets a UK release, including most (if not all) of Funimation's pickups. There's also Kaze (a French publisher who seems to be pulling out of the UK market, and was distributed by Manga anyway), MVM (dunno, lol) and the new upstart All the Anime (also known as Anime Ltd), best known for taking prime back-catalogue cuts (Bebop, Outlaw Star, TTGL), and might be beginning to take prime front-catalogue cuts (Kill la Kill, potentially, depending on the details of their new deal which I'll mention in the next paragraph).

As for UK streaming, Crunchyroll needs no introduction, Anime on Demand was an attempt by Kaze that kinda died on its arse after three seasons, and the French streaming service Wakanim, whose UK arm they're currently forming is backed by All the Anime, and whose gimmick is download to own (in HD and DRM free, which I believe is a first for the UK market for any country's television). It helps their their default price (£1.25/episode according to the press release) is also the cheapest on the market (iTunes charges £1.89/SD episode and £2.50/HD episode). First on the UK arm is Kill la Kill (prime front-catalgoue cut), and I expect the other anime that explicitly avoid the UK and France on Crunchyroll will probably turn up. We shall see if the model is successful knowing the big catch (four week time limit for free streaming of each episode, afterwords you've gotta rent or buy) or if it'll fade out like Anime on Demand, but still. If I can really get Kill la Kill DRM free for £30 years before the (knowing Aniplex) four sets of Blu Rays @ £25 each arrive on these shores, I'm going to take it.

Nafe

II didn't even know Nafe watched Precure.

Yep. I've been following along with Doki Doki and Smile (started in after episode 5 or 6 had aired I think) before that. I was going through Heartcatch and commenting on that up until about halfway through but then I was busy carrying on watching, I didn't comment on the second half. I was thinking about making some general comments in a post on the second half then.

Haha, no, I understand. It was fairly amusing to do so when watching the show with others in AnimeGAF, but when the show ended and any prospect of a continuation seemed like a lost cause I was all "FREEDOM!"

I guess you'll just have to watch season 2 then...haha.

Strike the Blood 1

That was surprisingly enjoyable.

MC seems like a pretty cool guy and while I don't think he's very intelligent, considering how he needed to study, he doesn't seem to be a total idiot. Pretty Interesting that he has to swallow his own blood to control his urges around girls. Still don't like his hair color though. Yukina is quite cute when she starts blushing and she seems pretty competent (so far) when it comes to fighting. Thought I might hate her given that she's the first girl, but I guess I was wrong for now.

Some of the other characters shown at the end piqued my interest. The girl in the black dress is a given, but so is the brunette archer girl, who may or may not turn out to be, the resident Tsundere.

Jarmel

Banned
Takemoto hasn't been the best single ep conte/director lately. Yamada and Kigami are the other two greats and they've been doing really great work.

Of course his episode will be good, IIRC he likes action and stuff. And Nao Naitou means it will look good throughout.

Well the next episode looks to be pretty action heavy(hopefully), so here's to hoping for some sakuga.

CorvoSol

Thirteen Minutes into Wolf Children

Guys, I dunno. I dunno, guys. I'ma keep watching, but I mean, I dunno there.
She has sex with him only after he turns fuzzy.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Thirteen Minutes into Wolf Children

Guys, I dunno. I dunno, guys. I'ma keep watching, but I mean, I dunno there.
She has sex with him only after he turns fuzzy.
She makes love to him with him as he really is. She accepts him fully without reservation.

AND YOU WANT TO DENIGRATE THAT KIND OF LOVE?

CorvoSol

She makes love to him with him as he really is. She accepts him fully without reservation.

AND YOU WANT TO DENIGRATE THAT KIND OF LOVE?

Yeah, but I dunno. I mean yeah, but no, I dunno. I guess I mean I dunno guys it's just what does one even say to that? I mean, guys, I dunno guys. The whole relationship is very sweet, no doubt, but like, man, I dunno 'bout that one part. It makes me think questions.

cnet128

Banned
Attack on Titan 22

-I remember what made me quit now. The Female Titan being able to harden her skin. It wasn't enough that she could magically summon Titans to eat her and then respawn IMMEDIATELY, she could harden her skin, too. If Titans could do that all alone, sure, no problem, but this business of new powers as the plot demands is stupid. Unless you're rooting for the Titans, I guess, but even then no one side should just magically have new power to defend themselves against everything.

Eh, I dunno. This never bothered me at all.

The whole premise of the show, after all, and a big part of what makes the Titans so terrifying, is that they're essentially one big unknown. Nobody really knows how they work, what they can do or why they do it. Even the few basic patterns the humans have managed to identify are quickly demonstrated to have their exceptions (most Titans are drawn to the greatest concentration of humans...except the ones that aren't; most Titans are no taller than 15 metres tall...except the one that's four times that height).

And despite all that, I don't think any of the new powers the Female Titan has demonstrated have come completely out of nowhere. Calling the other Titans to consume her seems pretty reasonable when you consider that the intelligent Titans have to have some method of organising the others (indeed, the Female Titan was leading a group of dumb Titans when she first appeared!). Quickly respawning seems pretty reasonable considering we've seen how quickly Eren can summon his Titan out of nowhere (and he's a complete beginner). And the hardening skin is an ability that was demonstrated to a much more extreme extent right at the beginning of the series, by the Armoured Titan that broke through Wall Maria.

Yeah, but I dunno. I mean yeah, but no, I dunno. I guess I mean I dunno guys it's just what does one even say to that? I mean, guys, I dunno guys. The whole relationship is very sweet, no doubt, but like, man, I dunno 'bout that one part. It makes me think questions.

Wouldn't be the first human to mate with a shapeshifter (see folklore).

CorvoSol

Summon Titans is bullshit. It made no sense at all. Her leading them is cuz they wanted to eat her. Hardening skin is bullshit. The Armored Titan was the only one who was thus. If Titans could harden skin, why didn't the Colossus do it? Why don't regular Titans do this? And respawn makes no sense at all considering how Eren got cut down and spent the rest of the episode flattened.

More than that, though, it just makes the Titans a bunch of fucking villain sues.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Corvo, it's time to let go.

Kirino Mosaic - 10

Kiniro%20Mosaic%20-%2010.jpg

Just as planned.

i recall to have read that they toned down the yuri in order to reach a broader audience ...and damn if that' toned down yuri i'd take that any day of the week.

Alice was awesome , and unfortunatly this episodedidn't have much Karen...

Pokemon Origin Episode 1
tumblr_mu75asSsJU1sjxtdgo1_250.png

Probably the best product of the episode, the Green levels of interest were pretty high and looking at screens from the other parts gets even higher. Hes pretty fun guy (great voice) and Red is too so Im looking forward to more
great move choosing Squirtle just because he chose Charmander, lol

I think the faces look weird too much space on them and a few other visual oddities look weird. Music is a bit too rearranged though still brought feelings of nostalgia at times and nice pokemon variety (Nidoran&#9794; ftw). Decent start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom