• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Looks like Saturdays are going to be a light day of watching anime since aside from Log Horizon everything of not today is a sequel to something I have not seen.

Dresden

Yeah, just watching the movie in one sitting instead of pausing every five minutes to type up a post here would be for the better . . .

Westlo

So for Yozakura Quartet do I just watch the Hoshi no Umi OVAs before the tv series about to start? No need to watch the 08 tv series?

If Titans could harden skin, why didn't the Colossus do it? Why don't regular Titans do this?

Because they're regular titans and not whatever the fuck (man made titans?) her and Eren are. When did the Colossus need to do it? IIRC he only showed up twice to this point to kick the shit out of the gated area and pissed off after that.

Looks like Saturdays are going to be a light day of watching anime since aside from Log Horizon everything of not today is a sequel to something I have not seen.

Is White Album 2 something we need to see the original series for?

Jex

Attack on Titan 22

-I remember what made me quit now. The Female Titan being able to harden her skin. It wasn't enough that she could magically summon Titans to eat her and then respawn.
I don't really have a problem with any of that per say because they have to raise the stakes. The best of the Recon Squad can dick all over regular Titans and literally eat them for breakfast, not to mention Eren of course. They have to encounter an enemy that gives them some problems.

In addition, the abilities for Titan's to harden their skin was established early on with the arrival of the Armoured Titan so I don't think that's an issue.
But for the sake of stress: if the entire episode had been on par with those first four minutes of Mikasa and Levi fighting the female titan, I would've been okay with it. I felt almost as into the show as I did when I first started watching it.
More reason for you to get to episode 24!

CorvoSol

I did say I have trouble sitting through movies.

I actually have to step out for a bit, though, so I won't finish until later tonight.

So for Yozakura Quartet do I just watch the Hoshi no Umi OVAs before the tv series about to start? No need to watch the 08 tv series?

You could watch the OVAs for the nice action and animation sequence but you probably won't understand the plot since they just throw you into the beginning of a new arc with no context I believe.

The upcoming TV series is suppose to be a reboot anyway so you don't have to watch any of the previous stuff if you don't want to.

kiniro Mosaic - 11

Yet again a great épisode :

Kiniro%20Mosaic%20-%2011_01.jpg

Best girl asking for the best dream with the best hopes!

So yeah christmas episode ..karen is D BEST , aya is tsundere and emitting serious yuri vibes ..everything as usual.

Alice however has some trouble that will lead shino to a dangerous revelation !!

Kiniro%20Mosaic%20-%2011_02.jpg

Schoking !!

Never underestimate the dreams during the start of the year :p

Jex

Summon Titans is bullshit. It made no sense at all. Her leading them is cuz they wanted to eat her. Hardening skin is bullshit. The Armored Titan was the only one who was thus. If Titans could harden skin, why didn't the Colossus do it? Why don't regular Titans do this? And respawn makes no sense at all considering how Eren got cut down and spent the rest of the episode flattened.

More than that, though, it just makes the Titans a bunch of fucking villain sues.

I don't know if any of these problems really bear out. It seems like you're just having general problems with the show, it's pacing, characterization etc because nothing you've criticized seems especially egregious.

I mean, firstly, we know practically nothing about Titans so the limitations on their powers are essentially non-existent. They could do anything they wanted and it wouldn't really brake the logic of the world.

Moreover, everything that the Female Titan does has already been seen in the show before. Someone lead all the titans to attack and it's pretty clearly been the Female Titan in every instance.

Regular Titans don't harden for the same reason that regular titans don't battle effectively against trained human soldiers - they're very stupid creatures apparently acting on instinct where as the Female Titan is clearly calculating and focusing.

We've never seen the Colossal Titan fight but we can speculate that (a) simply being so large takes a lot of energy or (b) the Collosal Titan is basically a siege weapon rather than a warrior.

Eren is a god damn idiot with absolutely no training in his powers where as the Female Titan clearly understands how to use her powers.

cnet128

Banned
Kirino Mosaic - 10

i recall to have read that they toned down the yuri in order to reach a broader audience ...and damn if that' toned down yuri i'd take that any day of the week.

Assuming you're referring to that interview with the scriptwriter, I don't think it was really talking about "toning down" the yuri to reach a broader audience. It sounded more like the scriptwriter was such a big fan of the yuri that she had to keep reminding herself not to go so overboard with it that it would be taking the anime in a whole different direction to the source material >.>

Assuming you're referring to that interview with the scriptwriter, I don't think it was really talking about "toning down" the yuri to reach a broader audience. It sounded more like the scriptwriter was such a big fan of the yuri that she had to keep reminding herself not to go so overboard with it that it would be taking the anime in a whole different direction to the source material >.>

Oh that's what .

I only heard about it second hand so i couldn't check by myself.

Even in this state , the show has enough vibes for me to be satisfied.

Episode 12 early impressions

Ending credits after 9 mins ? WTF ?

7Th

I missed the staff talk but I'll post it anyway; mai waifu Shouko Nakamura is in charge of episode 2 of Kill la Kill. So good.

Jarmel

Banned
Oh my lord at that song that plays during the climax with Brock. So good. Dem nostalgia feels.

Why the fuck is the actual Pokemon anime so shitty? Why does Ash suck so much ass?

Midonin

Doki Doki! Shikaider 35

It's similar to ancient dentistry, not that Makopi would know anything about that. Getting some background on why Ai was created was nice, but the rest of the episode was spent with Makopi learning to brush her teeth and not be hypocritical in promoting toothbrushes. Though she saw the Queen in Aguri, which makes me wonder if there's more to Ace than they're letting on. It was a nice episode, and more Makopi focus is always welcome. Sword Hurricane is a sweet move, but I wish all the iPad moves besides Mana's were able to OHKO someone. Though I suppose Japan does love its teamwork.

Now next week's episode looks really interesting. The fairy human forms return (so glad they didn't forget those), and Raquel falls in love with a girl who has a taste for shotas? Oh, the fanart this will generate.

Kiniro Mosaic - 12[end]

ahah the fake ending so that they can end their anime on a high note ..clever ! very clever !

Kiniro%20Mosaic%20-%2012.jpg

DA BEST GIRL

Final ranking :
Karen > Alice = aya = yoko > shino > sensei = Witch of the depths

Anyway .. this serie struck many good feeligns within me , starting by the meeting between 2 children that don't communicate well but still managing to form a bond of friendship ... as i told you all already the same happenned to me , so that awoke somme good feeligns.

The anime is very nice , almost too nice , but even as a comedy wasn't bad or anything they had their pace and sticked to it ... i personnaly loved the overall package with the cast being themselves from the start to finish ( screw character devellopement , sometimes no change is good)

Verdict : Fuzzy feeligns 8/10

Syrinx

Speaking of moving on, Syrinx, what happened to Motto?

It hasn't even been a week dude.

Moreover there's other franchises I'm looking into at the moment. Never watched anything Cutie Honey. Also hosanna recommends Jewelpet Kira Deco, or whatever it's called.

Not Maou-sama 1

The old man is awesome. Please let him appear again.

Hopes for having a decent MC like in Maou were quickly dashed when it took him over half the episode to notice that Fino was girl. Won't be expecting much from him now.

Definitely enjoying the fanservice. No rays of light covering these panty shots.

Best Girl ranking so far:

Elza > Fino > Manager > Blond Companion > Lam = Nova

Infinite Stratos 1

At least this show doesn't pretend to be anything other then a male harem power fantasy, and it's pretty entertaining from what I've seen.

Jarmel

Banned
Yo Pokemon Origin makes the regular Pokemon series look so bad. It's not the animation quality but the fact that it's so much closer in tone to the original games than the regular anime.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The question wasn't aimed at me but I simply must weigh in.

Team Yukimura.
Team Yozora

Team what was that?

That's not how you spell Team Meat.

;P

You would love her so much.
Shes sooooooooo cute. Magic Users CLub OVAs are very enjoyable. check them out!

Everyone should follow this advise. MTT is a lovely anime!! :D

Guess who's back, back again.

KNK Upcoming Staff

Ep2: "Ultramarine"
Script: Jukki Hanada
Storyboards/Direction: Yasuhiro Takemoto
Animation Director: Nao Naito

Ep3: "Moonlight Purple"
Script: Jukki Hanada
Storyboards/Direction: Noriyuki Kitanohara
Animation Director: Shouko Ikeda

You have my attention.

Articalys

I still have no idea how you people can memorize more than a handful of animators/directors and what they were responsible for.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Freezing Vibration 1:

It's another season of Freezing. Busty women being catty bitches to each other while slicing up RahXephon rejects with the psychic energy of their wienery little male partners. Please don't watch this.

I still need to finish up the first season of this one too. :lol

I swear I will take a day very soon and get caught up on both Freezing and IS. Mark my words!

Dead

well not really...yet
I still have no idea how you people can memorize more than a handful of animators/directors and what they were responsible for.
I don't see the trouble in it, especially when the majority of the time it's usually the best way to judge the quality of a show before it even airs.

I remember people being hyped for Magi. I called out that it was being written by Hiroyuki Yoshino so why be excited, see an answer like "its an adaptation, it'll be fine"

It wasn't. Dude is shit no matter what he writes/adapts.

Log Horizon - 01

HUm .... there are plenty of problem with the setting, if anything SAO initial reaction to the news was much more realistic in how the players reacted to their sudden "new reality"

Still log horizon start fine , there are plenty of problem so far IMO with everything that was presented to the viewer , but i'm sure they will correct those by explaining more of the mecanics in later episodes.

So far , an "Ok" start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom