• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hajime no Ippo: Rising 1:
Ippo is back! It's so fun to have the anime back on air.

I really enjoyed this fight in the manga. It was a bit disappointing that they rushed through some things and skipped over some stuff, but at the end of the episode we're getting to the best part of the fight, so next episode should be really good. For now, I'm just glad to see the show back on the air, and have some weighty punches getting thrown around. The music doesn't feel as great as the original series, but I'll wait to see if they might get closer as the show goes on.

Still, this was a lot of fun, and it helped cheer me up after last night's heartbreak in Oakland.

Jex

Sakuga covereth a multitude of sins.

Sakuga certainly helps but it's not the sole star here for that alone can't carry an episode. The designs, background art, colors and overall cinematography were also of a high standard:
knk12iws2p.jpg

Best girl etc:

I did feel that, while a number of the backgrounds looked good there were bits and places that looked rather plain and flat but I suppose that was just done to allow them to be CG for more interesting camera movement during action which is a worthwhile tradeoff.

cajunator

Banned
Hajime no Ippo: Rising 1:
Ippo is back! It's so fun to have the anime back on air.

I really enjoyed this fight in the manga. It was a bit disappointing that they rushed through some things and skipped over some stuff, but at the end of the episode we're getting to the best part of the fight, so next episode should be really good. For now, I'm just glad to see the show back on the air, and have some weighty punches getting thrown around. The music doesn't feel as great as the original series, but I'll wait to see if they might get closer as the show goes on.

Still, this was a lot of fun, and it helped cheer me up after last night's heartbreak in Oakland.

Youre not a Raiders fan too are you?

LayLa

White Album 2 - 1

This was surprisingly ok, helped enormously by having a male lead who a) isn't a total douche and who can b) hold a normal conversation with a girl. The central conceit of
two people playing music together in different music rooms who never see each other
was cute although somewhat impractical. I liked the relative understatedness of it all, although the chances of them ruining future episodes with crappy melodrama are probably high :/

Monogatari 14

Wow, didn't know HanaKana had it in her. Strongest episode for a while.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 6-12

This show continues to rule. Now curious about the original series which I've never seen, how different is it?

Jex

[Monogatari S2] - 14

The series has picked up a lot of steam in the last couple of the episodes and the direction has been remarkably strong. I didn't expect the Snake Arc to be one of the more entertaining arcs in this set but, there you go.

Monogatari S2 - 14

To be honest this arc was boring me a bit, and the way that other characters can psycho-analyse Nadeko wtih barely any evidence or knowledge and somehow know her better than herself seemed fake to me, but at least the second half of the episode was entertaining once she went all out.

Articalys

Monogatari S2 - 14

To be honest this arc was boring me a bit, and the way that other characters can psycho-analyse Nadeko wtih barely any evidence or knowledge and somehow know her better than herself seemed fake to me, but at least the second half of the episode was entertaining once she went all out.

arararagi sister knows nadeko since a long time ..it's not a "barely" knowledge situation, if anything she was one of the characters that know her the most.

lordmrw

Log Horizon - Episode 1

Kinda meh. It's a really standard "stuck in MMO" story with nothing unique at all so far. The designs aren't very interesting, and the show looks pretty flat visually. Some of the backgrounds are nice, but the coloring and composite feels really average. Nothing pops out at all. The humor didn't really work for me, and there's really nothing interesting presented in the first episode. Unless it gets better I'll probably be dropping it after another two episodes or so.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Was I right to assume this is Sword Art Online minus the my waifu stuff it turned into?

Jackie Chan Adventures ;)

Damn.... I already saw that ._.

Nice! What area are you at?
I just started pretty much so Im still around the first temple. But knowing where to go and where to find most things means Ill breeze through the game pretty quickly. It does look really pretty (except for excessive bloom)

Just went to
Sunken Hyrule Castle for the second time.

cajunator

Banned
Oh yeah, it's a new ToonamiGaf SAO impressions day!

Itadakimasu!

Reliving this trainwreck again should be fun. It really came off the rails around here.

No, I live in Virginia, but I've always been a fan of the Tigers (although I can't really explain why, as they were terrible for my entire childhood). Playoff baseball gets so stressful for me.

Absolutely gorgeous state. Love to visit there.

CorvoSol

Ok ok you win, I'm going to watch this, I'm already reading the manga and still don't know what to think about the first part ( I'm loving the second part) so Im going to read it all again after watching this.

Also I still think the retroscope is shit and this should be a drama instead :Kurita

It may have worked just as well as a drama, but I don't know, the rotoscoping is such a visually unique thing that I cannot really imagine it any other way.

That post is muy muy sugoi.

Well at least now I don't seem crazy.

Honestly, the show could have ended here, but having read the manga, I can say that there are so many developments you would not expect. I'm not even sure what I think of the story at this point, but if you want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes, check it out, or hope for an eventual second season.

I'm probably gonna have to pick up the manga, especially knowing how the show sold.

Howl's Moving Castle is a bad movie. It's like Miyazaki's Hook. I guess every director has to have one at some point. :p

Yo but Hook was an amazing movie.

I like all 3 Transformers movies. What's your point? :)

. . . everything falls into place.

I just ordered Eureka Seven AO on rightstuf along with other things. theres something wrong with me.
But...Elena. I bought it for elena so its ok right?

You're the worst person I know right now. Supporting the worst of all anime.

Nafe

Okay, fine, here you all go. Anime announced for Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/727/727522/

"A perfect, flawless younger sister high achiever, who is good at everything."

Sounds like madp waifu material right there,haha.

Reliving this trainwreck again should be fun. It really came off the rails around here.

I thought about watching it when it first aired but ultimately didn't. When I heard it was going to air on ToonamiGaf I thought I'd watch it week to week to follow along and know the context of their posts. I'm watching the original Japanese since I don't get Toonami but it's been pretty fun. Depending on what shows air there in the future I might have to do this again.

Grzi

Kill la Kill - 01

I enjoyed it.
The art direction is great and there was some nice animation. The story could be fun, if a bit nonsensical, but I'm mostly in it for the crazy action sakuga.
The huge red letters were a nice touch. That's it I guess.

fertygo

Monogatari S2 - 14

1. Yeah Short hair is da best, look how much better Tsukihi with dat hair.
2. This arc should've called "Ethering : the arc"
3. Yo goddamn the 2nd half are crazy.

And after Kyoukai no Kanata, this show became much more enjoyable to me.. the real deal is always better.

cajunator

Banned
It may have worked just as well as a drama, but I don't know, the rotoscoping is such a visually unique thing that I cannot really imagine it any other way.

Well at least now I don't seem crazy.

I'm probably gonna have to pick up the manga, especially knowing how the show sold.

Yo but Hook was an amazing movie.

. . . everything falls into place.

You're the worst person I know right now. Supporting the worst of all anime.

Sorry Corvy kun. I had to.

Oh Aladdin....

Look at the girls face in back lol.

what is .hack

pretty much yeah. Hopefully this show isnt as boring :/

Theonik

Princess Tutu 21
icYZrD47EmVUD.png

Scootaloo has the best faces.
All those revelations!
I keep feeling more and more sorry for Fakir.
That new power and ancestral responsibility.

Princess Tutu 22
iL03CgMMMc2C8.png

Poor cat-sensei will he never marry? Oh what a cruel fate.
The what now?
Oh. Oh...
Fuck off book-keepers and more importantly Drosselmeyer was a dick in life as he is in death. WHAT A SURPRISE.
Off to a standstill episode we go.

Princess Tutu 23
You could complain about the show being: Deus Ex Machina the anime but that would actually be missing the entire point.
God story writing powers duh, and the whole purpose of Ahiru's and Fakir's role especially with the former's new power is that they are trying to break away from the roles Drosselmeyer planned for them.
It is basically Satojun's Utena.

Princess Tutu 24
ikYsJb2FHNq2q.png

Fuck off Drosselmeyer
Oh god that Mytho aaaaaaaaa
Poor Rue's been had and she only now realises. But it's now too late. She also still is avoiding Ahiru but not because of hate anymore but because of shame. Can't actually blame her though.

Princess Tutu 25
iNE2i9oNB55yi.png

Young Rue-chan is the moest of all.
I feel what they've done to Fakir the last few episodes has been the best move they've done in this anime for a while. I was also awestruck by the whole dance of Fakir and Ahiru at the bottom of the lake of despair. Fakir stabbing his hand in order to break from Drossemeyer's grasp was also amazing.

Princess Tutu 26 -ENDE-
Oh god the crows.
Ahiru's ahiru dance and Fakir's emotional writing trying to get past the restrictions of fate OMG
This fucking episode. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Fakir really got the short end of the stick here stuck with a duck when Mytho and Rue get together. Maybe he can use the godpowers he inherited from Drosselmeyer to fix things but until then haha
Wait, if they destroyed Drosselmeyer's story machine then how is he still going? That's cheating yo,

Final thoughts:
This was a good series, especially for the apparently very limited budget it was made under.
It manages to effectively portray a variety of complex themes and does so without losing its coherence or sacrificing its overarching aesthetic.
The ballet aspect might also sound like a gimmick when first describing the show but it's actually used effectively throughout the show without actually becoming terribly repetitive though to that note some episodes, namely at the start of the second arc did kinda become that but this is par for the course for a magical girl show and the pay-off for that repetitiveness is actually worthwhile and becomes apparent later in the story in the end-game as well as in terms of character development.

Ah nice, kinema citrus.

Moehair is best girl.

I know Black Bullet sounded familiar. That is some sexy hair for sure.

Hopefully Kinema Citrus will be able to work their magic like they did for Code:Breaker. Though I would rather have seen Irie directing again; Kojima is a fine director but a bit pedestrian.

fertygo

Monogatari S2 - 14

Tsukihi being friend with Nadeko since kindergarten or something, she also the one that introducing her to Araragi.

And its common knowledge everyone in this series have ability to give #trruthfact, just varying by their level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom