• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yuushibu 1

ihSX8iNURTiD5.gif

my gif collection for this show is going 100mbs already. yep yep.
Oh Picard, you lucky sonuva...

InuYasha 61

I feel like this episode was just a lot of Kikyo telling the dark priestess that she ain't got crap on her and that only she can be Yandere for InuYasha.

Articalys

Phi Brain S3 ep.1
Aw yeah, we're finally back!

Phenomenal first episode. Kicking things into overdrive from the very start. Raetsel and Enigma are great villains. Almost ALL the cast got to show up for a bit. Opening is even better than S2's (even without hair-down Nonoha), and the ending is pretty neat as well.

I'm preparing for it to eventually get worse again, but for now this is absolutely incredible. Couldn't ask for anything more from this series right now.

Wait how many episode are planned? no detail yet?

Because that's like 20 vol that they planning to show, seems overkil for 2 cour showing again.

Given how long the fights tend to be, that makes sense. You obviously can't go at two or so chapters per episode when the fights are going on, because that would just be ridiculous and result in three minute rounds lasting multiple episodes.

Silky

Banned
Wow. That was...a very powerful episode. I rewatched that episode alone like, twice. I'm unsure as to how the next few episodes will top each other, but I don't care. I could be done with this series as it stands now, and call it a day. I really don't wanna call it AOTY just yet, until I finish it, but....shit.

It's one of the few anime I've watched in a long time that I actually really want to end very soon, but in a good way.

Grzi

Kuroko no Basket S2 - 01

Great start to the season, the show continue to throw basically every shounen trope possible at the viewer, but does so in the most charming and addictive way ever, and everything is so well made you really don't care. Not even the BL teasing can bring it down. The episode looked really nice too.

As I already mentioned, the opening is glorious, and I can't wait to see what the Winter Cup has in store.

Articalys

Oh, looks like when the article was first published CR wrote "Sunday October 9" and I assumed they'd gotten the date wrong and not the day of the week (i.e., they'd meant to write "Sunday October 6"). They've since corrected it and it turns out it was a delay after all, which is what they had on their forums and which I correctly reported to the simulcast list in the first post, but never modified the original.

It looks like we ALL missed that typo in the first place.

Acosta

Log Horizon 1

As someone who loved SAO premise and most of the first arc I'm feeling hopeful for this. Let's hope this goes better.

InuYasha 62

Kagome is tripping balls this episode, didn't expect a curse to cause an acid trip. Also apparently Kagome just learned to bend arrows

Space Brothers 68:
So many feelings this episode. Sharon's struggles are really compelling, and
Mutta and Hibito's keyboard presents
were great choices. I find myself really touched seeing everything she's going through. It's not often in anime that we see a character being so closely touched by aging and illness in this way (as opposed to magic fantasy illness or whatever), and it makes for really strong television. Particularly because rather than focusing on the melodramatic angle, Space Brothers is dealing with how you return to everyday life afterwards, which is a far more interesting take on the subject.

cajunator

Banned
Space Brothers 68:
So many feelings this episode. Sharon's struggles are really compelling, and
Mutta and Hibito's keyboard presents
were great choices. I find myself really touched seeing everything she's going through. It's not often in anime that we see a character being so closely touched by aging and illness in this way (as opposed to magic fantasy illness or whatever), and it makes for really strong television. Particularly because rather than focusing on the melodramatic angle, Space Brothers is dealing with how you return to everyday life afterwards, which is a far more interesting take on the subject.

I really need to catch up with it. Kind of left it for other shows but I have about 30 eps to get back to lol.

PaniPoni Dash 26 (END)

Maaaaaaaaan I didn't want this to end, this show is fucking wonderful. It takes a couple of episodes to really get it's brand of absurd comedy to hit the right spots and to introduce all of the characters throughout the school, but when it does it's absolutely hilarious and fits right in with the rest of the Shaft comedies. The cast is large but you really learn to love the dynamic they seem to have with every other character on the show, they're all lovable and hilarious (especially [goddess]Serizawa[/goddess]). Going to need to find another comedy to fill the void, maybe I'll rewatch Cromartie.

Oh also real talk: OP2 > OP1 > OP3

Kurita

Yeah, I got behind on it and a bunch of other shows, so now I'm having to play catch up. But it's always so worth it to catch up on Space Brothers.

I was thinking the same thing but since the manga got licensed in my country I think I'll just read it. Too lazy to catch up...
I'll just put the soundtrack in the background.

Magi Season 2: The Kingdom of Magic 1

Thought it was great. Glad this is back! Looking forward to the rest of the eps. Episode opener might've confused some people though.

CorvoSol

Wow. That was...a very powerful episode. I rewatched that episode alone like, twice. I'm unsure as to how the next few episodes will top each other, but I don't care. I could be done with this series as it stands now, and call it a day. I really don't wanna call it AOTY just yet, until I finish it, but....shit.

It's one of the few anime I've watched in a long time that I actually really want to end very soon, but in a good way.

Episode 10, man. Episode 10.

DiGiKerot

PaniPoni Dash 26 (END)

Maaaaaaaaan I didn't want this to end, this show is fucking wonderful. It takes a couple of episodes to really get it's brand of absurd comedy to hit the right spots and to introduce all of the characters throughout the school, but when it does it's absolutely hilarious and fits right in with the rest of the Shaft comedies. The cast is large but you really learn to love the dynamic they seem to have with every other character on the show, they're all lovable and hilarious (especially [goddess]Serizawa[/goddess]). Going to need to find another comedy to fill the void, maybe I'll rewatch Cromartie.

Oh also real talk: OP2 > OP1 > OP3

Did you watch the OAV episode from the BD box that everyone seems to forget exists as well?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
With every new viewing of iDOLM@STER the iDOL wars begin anew.

However I don't mind if I'm the only one supporting my choice of best girl, because it means I don't have to share. ;)

Gingitsune 1

This was pretty charming. It's a first episode, so basically just introducing the main characters alongside some low stakes drama to get things going. Gintaro's solo scenes were gently amusing and he carried them well enough, but it's more adorable when he's with Saeki. Their relationship it pitched as unusual for a human and a herald/spirit messenger in the show, as is Gintaro's situation as a herald. Humans interacting with spirits and Gods is definitely up my alley, and I found this to be an enjoyable take on it and an effective antidote to the other shows I've picked up for fall so far, due to how relaxed it is. The visuals aren't doing anything special, but I think the designs fit the atmosphere of the show and I didn't have any problems with the animation. Will keep watching.

Now, to try Log Horizon or just wait 'til Galilei Donna.

Just finished watching (and translating) Pokemon Origins. It was a really nice special, and I'm kind of happy they did things the way they did,
even if the last 5 or so minutes were a giant XY promotion with the Mega Evolution.

Theonik

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still 02
ibxZ9ysRsRGx4w.png

Everything went better than expected.
So this episode is where this GIF came from.
Also I forgot to mention last episode but I'm still torn by the Big Fire standard mook masks.
Don't know if it's intentional. Also laughed so hard at this scene.
Of course you notice that this one masked guy looks different to the other masked guys. Oh wait he left his stupid hair on.
2/3rds of the population sounds rather rough. Shame Shizuma died before the story was done. I bet FRANKEN VON FOGLER wasn't actually responsible for the disaster. Also the revelation that Giant Robo is nuclear. I wonder how this will come up later.
GO ROBO!

mhs004

Gingitsune 1

Wow did not expect this to be as good as it was. Very good plot and characters that actually make you care about them. This may be my surprise show of the season. I defiantly will keep watching.

Acosta

I just watched the first episode of Shakugan no Shana, I have always been curious about the character (love the design). Looks pretty nice but if someone want to give me some feedback, it´s more than welcome.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I refuse to watch any new anime from this season until Valvrave.
uh, why?

edit: oh man, the responses in that worst anime thread. reading toonami thread reactions to kickheart gave me a better understanding of what kind of people watch toonami.

CorvoSol

Just finished watching (and translating) Pokemon Origins. It was a really nice special, and I'm kind of happy they did things the way they did,
even if the last 5 or so minutes were a giant XY promotion with the Mega Evolution.

That last fight between
Megazard X and Mewtwo was basically the writers saying "And here's how Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back! would've ended if Ash Ketchum wasn't a gigantic putz."

Wait... there's gonna be a swimsuit episode for SAO? WHY? I just want my season 2 dammit.

Why would you want either of those? On a list of anime characters I want to see in a swim suit, I'm pretty sure that Dr. Hell, the land lady from Maou-Sama, and Spirited Away's Yubaba all rank above Scrappyuguha Doo.

Like I'd sooner see the literal Witch King of Angmar in a bikini than the Bitch King of Angstmar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom