• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
Meganebu 1

Well that was a ton of fun. Really funny moments in the absurdity of a glasses club trying to make x-ray glasses. Will keep watching.

CorvoSol

The anime had a really good backstory for Mewtwo. Origins Mewtwo I'd say was less pissed off because in the first movie there was the whole Team Rocket ordeal for him to deal with. Whereas here there's only mention of him being researched by Fuji, so we really don't see how bad Mewtwo had it.

This is what I like about Origins. It keeps things nice and simple and more akin to the games, while still having a sense of good drama. The Cubone backstory, Giovanni, etc.

Pokémon Anime =/= Pokémon Games.

Mostly I brought it up though as a means of suggesting why Ash hasn't ever caught a legendary. I mean, how would you go about catching someone who could, without any effort at all, create a storm capable of destroying the world?

jgminto

Meganebu 1

Really fun. If this turns out to be cute boys trying to make crazy glasses inventions every week I will enjoy this very much. The show style is really nice too. The colours and the singing/background music really helps give the show a unique style.

CorvoSol

Victory Gundam 34

Odelo pissing himself. That's where Gundam has gone now.

Fuck I can't even.

Wheels underwater. WHEEEEEEEEEEE. PISS WHEELS UNDERWATER

GUYS WHEELS ARE ALL TERRAIN. YOU HAVE WEEL? WEEL DRIVE SPACE MOON WATER LAND FIRE WIND. WEEL DRIBE ERRYIZZLE.

Aaaaaaaah no how can your battle tactics prove perfect when you lose to children repeatedly? aaaaaaaaaaa

NeonZ

Mostly I brought it up though as a means of suggesting why Ash hasn't ever caught a legendary. I mean, how would you go about catching someone who could, without any effort at all, create a storm capable of destroying the world?

The standard anime itself in later seasons has shown trainers with legendaries though. Ash himself even beat some of them. He just never captured one.

Acosta

I don't think it was necessarily obvious that some of the craziest GAF opinions on anime would all appear in that thread. I mean, people listed Grave of the Fireflies and Cowboy Bebop.

Neogaf being Neogaf, haven't you ckecked threads of "worst videogames"?

CorvoSol

You know, Victory Gundam is bad when I can honestly say that SEED Destiny is many times better. 00's 1st season was better.

Victory Gundam is the shit that makes up the same tier of show as AGE and 00's 2nd season.

wonzo

Banned
uh, why?

edit: oh man, the responses in that worst anime thread. reading toonami thread reactions to kickheart gave me a better understanding of what kind of people watch toonami.
Yeah, doubly so when KickHeart is one of the best things Yuasa's worked on.

Dresden

I guess, but they only did that because it was the sequel to a successful high school show. I wonder if they will ever have the courage to make a show outside of their comfort zone.

Hopefully they'll fit some challenging work in between all the LN adapts they'll be doing.

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence or "People Spout Philosophy Quotes at Each Other"

So this is an early example of the Production I.G. digital cyberpunk tradition. I suppose it looks better than some later examples, thanks to Oshii, but I'm still not really a fan.

ksXK0yi.jpg

lhCMVY7.jpg

Why so yellow, Oshii?

It's exactly like the constantly criticized Ghost in the Shell 2.0, which I suppose isn't a surprise. And CG, CG everywhere, especially in the second half. I think it's telling that my mom asked me "This isn't a video game?" when she caught some of that part.

Besides that, the film was so oppressively dry and lethargic that it was impossible to get any enjoyment out of it. I liked the meditative pace of Patlabor 2 and Ghost in the Shell 1, but this is just too much. It felt like all the characters were hollow shells - maybe that was the point, but I was too zoned out to be able to appreciate whatever grand philosophical ideas Oshii may have been trying to convey. The lack of the Major's active presence also made this feel empty. I don't intend to revisit this film.

Kenji Kawai's score rocked though.

Shergal

Hopefully they'll fit some challenging work in between all the LN adapts they'll be doing.

I think either in the near future on when they get even more rich with their whole LN business, they'll do some original works with more freedom for the director/writer involved.

Theonik

I don't think it was necessarily obvious that some of the craziest GAF opinions on anime would all appear in that thread. I mean, people listed Grave of the Fireflies and Cowboy Bebop.
These threads always attract the craziest kinds of opinions historically so it doesn't surprise me. You should also consider that titles like these serve as fantastic troll fodder.

But there are much better ways.
Sure, but they probably aren't as fun!

Phi brain S3 - 01

YEAAAAAAAAHH

GIVE ME MORE

GIVE ME MORE
Phi%20Brain%20-%20Kami%20no%20Puzzle%20S3%20-%2001.jpg

The words i wanted to hear.
They managed to have a better start-up than S2 and the 2 new antagonists are superb

So good.

Finally after so many thread Jin situation is adressed. Can't wait .

So glad to see that even melancholy is back in the ending & opening , i guess she was forgiven like rook since she had a "true ring" ?

More deadly puzzles , more of the cast , freecell is confirmed

"allmywants.jpg"

Silky

Banned
Anime of the Year for me. What a thrilling ending, and it opens up so many possibilities for the story to go into. Oh god I really hope they continue this show. If not, hell it'll still be damn good with these 13 episodes. Fuck this was good.

I might very well do a re-watch. But first, time to find something new and exciting to watch...

cnet128

Banned
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 11 END

First part of the episode was a pretty standard but extremely sweet origin story. Though how they managed to do an origin story without settling the mystery of how they ended up giving the club its unusual name is a mystery in and of itself.

Middle part of the episode was another "let's go all ultra-shonen for the sake of it" skit which was extremely entertaining.

And the final part of the episode was a massive troll that made me doubt my own knowledge of how many episodes this series was going to have >.> Well played, Kitakubu. Well played.

Necrovex

Hajime no Ippo 30

Ippo has a new sexy-ass bone doctor. It's time to become a man, Ippo! Eat from the forbidden tree. Else Takamura will snatch it from you!

I now know where that famous Ippo gif comes from. If I had water in my mouth, I would have spat it everywhere; I almost did that with my food.

Gazoinks

The Tatami Galaxy 5

Watashi you're learning to take responsibility for things! I'm so proud of you! Now tell me what your name is!

I relate to Watashi more than I'd really like to. :p

Akashi and Watashi had better end up together by the end of this. =_=

WHY WAS THERE AN OLD WATASHI AT THE END THERE.

I really like the way the episodes transition into the ED.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes end

We're done here. My bottle of Trappistes Rochefort thus found its end as did the legends of Yang Wenli and Reinhard von Lohengramm. If only Reuental and MIttermeier could have joined me for this drink.

Oberstein's demise was met with such nonchalant that it hurt me. Say what you will about the man, but he got stuff done and always had the Kaiser's best interests in mind. It's a shame that a man who was just as loyal as Mittermeier was shunned so.

And how fitting is it that the offspring of Mittermeier and Reuental will be the best friend of Alec Sieg? I want to read/watch/experience their adventures through the Galaxy. Even if I hope that a time of peace comes with the combined might of the Kaiserin and Julian I feel like this anime has converted me to madness and it'd be a shame if Alec and Felix didn't get their chance to shine upon the sea of stars.

There's no words to describe how great the characters are, how refined the politics, how nuanced the storytelling, how beautiful, smart and flowing the dialogue and how grand the soundtrack is in Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Every part of it demands your fullest attention and the instant you let go you'll regret it with every fiber of your being and you'll rewind it just so you don't find yourself guilty of what should be treason.

My biggest worry right now is what'll be my next grand series to tackle. One I can always fall back to when everything else I'm currently watching is enabling my brain to fall back into retardation, as it so often loves to do. I guess I'll tackle the Gaiden series' some time later. Even if returning to Siegfried's, Reinhard's and Yang's stories will feel weird after this grand conclusion.

best series ever. the gaiden is pretty good too. i recommend fang of the sun dougram if you're still up for old anime shows with politics and war tactics.

cnet128

Banned
By the way, I've heard that this is what happens every time you mix up the acronyms for KLK and KnK this season.

(original pixiv link)

But what happens when you mix up Kyoukai no Kanata with Kara no Kyoukai?

Meganebu! 1

For such an incredibly DTL-tastic looking show, it seems a little ironic that the entire first episode revolved around the characters plotting to look at naked ladies.

This was fairly entertaining in its sheer hot-blooded silliness, but I'm not sure if it was entertaining enough to be worth sticking with. Since a lot of the entertainment value in this episode came from its silly concept, I guess I'll wait and see if the second episode manages to come up with equally amusing material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom