• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Infinite Stratos 3

This show is so motherfucking stupid. Of course now Cecilia is head over heels obsessed with the dude now. And another childhood friend shows up to add to the harem. I feel like I'm going to get shingles of the anus if I continue to watch this show. I'd almost rather watch the Bucs choke away another win than watch this. I think I'm dropping.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Infinite Stratos 3

This show is so motherfucking stupid. Of course now Cecilia is head over heels obsessed with the dude now. And another childhood friend shows up to add to the harem. I feel like I'm going to get shingles of the anus if I continue to watch this show. I'd almost rather watch the Bucs choke away another win than watch this. I think I'm dropping.

Good choice.

Why would you want either of those? On a list of anime characters I want to see in a swim suit, I'm pretty sure that Dr. Hell, the land lady from Maou-Sama, and Spirited Away's Yubaba all rank above Scrappyuguha Doo.

Like I'd sooner see the literal Witch King of Angmar in a bikini than the Bitch King of Angstmar.

But just think of the scenic view.

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo Rising - 01

Ugly at times, but hey, it's the return of Ippo and I couldn't be happier. The flashback was great, the actual match a bit underwhelming, although I expect it to get better.
To me it was the opposite. The flashback just did not grab me, and the whole "
I'M GOING TO DRAG MAKUNOUCHI TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA!
"
line got me hyped something fierce. So much so that I was trying to guess the challenger's strategy throughout the fight scene.

Jex

Princess Tutu

Final thoughts:
This was a good series, especially for the apparently very limited budget it was made under.
It manages to effectively portray a variety of complex themes and does so without losing its coherence or sacrificing its overarching aesthetic.
The ballet aspect might also sound like a gimmick when first describing the show but it's actually used effectively throughout the show without actually becoming terribly repetitive though to that note some episodes, namely at the start of the second arc did kinda become that but this is par for the course for a magical girl show and the pay-off for that repetitiveness is actually worthwhile and becomes apparent later in the story in the end-game as well as in terms of character development.
It's always good to see a convert to the light of Princess Tutu which is certainly one of my favorite magical girl/post-Utena TV series that is clearly influenced by previous works in the genre but manages to bring a number of it's own ideas to the table. I remember being extremely impressed with the execution of the story, especially the pacing, and how the series handled it's two major arcs. Really good stuff.

Grzi

Magi S2 - 01

I have no idea why I'm watching this, but hey, I guess it's the AnimeGAF way.
Anyway, it was mostly a setup episode, the stuff they showed at the beginning looked nice, the rest of the episode looked kinda bad, classic Magi.

I stopped reading the manga a bit after the battle shown at the beginning of the episode, did it turn to crap now? How far along is it?
Sorry for all the manga questions guys, I've been out of the loop for a while.

Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl 175:
The Grand Festival continues, and Hikari and Urara get their anticipated rematch. It was nice to see Hikari take her down, although I felt like the actual fight wasn't really that exciting (at least not compared to something like Haruka vs Shuu in the Kantou Grand Festival, but that might be too high a bar to hold most fights to). Although I did like Urara's dig trolling when Hikari first started attempting a comeback, and some of her strategies were pretty sound. I'm more interested in seeing how the remaining matches go, since I have more of an emotional investment in those characters.

PaniPoni Dash OVA

im38A8FjFo07h.jpg

I wouldn't mind more seiyuu references in my comedy animu.

This was certainly another episode of PPD, a fairly good one at that. Though with all the odd references to miscellaneous anime/movies/other weeb nonsense like 2hu, you can definitely tell this is the product of a 2009 Shaft. I'm a bit thankful stuff like that wasn't crammed too hard into the TV series.

Articalys

Wait... there's gonna be a swimsuit episode for SAO? WHY? I just want my season 2 dammit.
Yeah, it's the bonus story they're airing during the end-of-year special. I asked duckroll earlier to help translate the synopsis:

http://www.swordart-online.net/news/index.html#news27732

It takes place after the end of the anime. Basically Yui wants to see a whale so Kirito and Suguha take on an underwater quest in ALO, but as it turns out Sugu, and by extension somehow Leafa, can't swim. So Asuna holds a swimming lesson at the pool for all the SAO girls in the real world. Also Kirito encounters somebody they're referring to as just "that person" somewhere else, but who cares about that.

Walkure Romanze 1

Opening: Meh. Don't really care for it.
Ending: Okay, I guess. Better than the OP anyway.

So I don't really know why I'm watching this when I'm fully aware that best girl Celia won't win. MC will probably go with the obvious Mio (Ugh) or just not pick anyone.

It's not like the fanservice is anything that special or I'm interested in watching the lame CG Jousting. Hell, aside from Celia and Akane, I don't really care for any of the other girls.

Maybe I'm just waiting it out until the hopeful H-OVA's are announced.

Silky

Banned
It's a recurring issue? I thought it was because of my poverty internet. smh.

...So....about ten minutes ago, I just got the Blu-Ray/DVD collection of the first few episodes of Freezing. For free, factory sealed. I am unsure how to feel about this.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The iDOLM@STER: 03

Well, I'm getting better at remembering names now. Makoto, Miki, and Yukiho are now ingrained into my mind. At this pace, I think I'll know them all by episode 7 or so.

Just remember Azusa in top of that and you'll be set!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Yeah I've been having issues too. Last week I was watching Dog&Scissors and I had to continuously refresh the page because of the buffering bs.

CorvoSol

But just think of the scenic view.

Why do I need to think of it? If that shower is any indication, the camera man will jam his camera so far down her cleavage that the lens'll shatter and a fragment of glass will somehow, hopefully, lance through her chest and into her heart, whereupon she'll ask Kirito to call 911 as she dies, but Kirito won't know what to do and won't make any promises because she's his plan B, and then when it comes time to save her he'll go and spend time trying to fuck his daughter instead because you can't count on Kirito to get fuck all done.

Acosta

Yeah, it's the bonus story they're airing during the end-of-year special. I asked duckroll earlier to help translate the synopsis:

It takes place after the end of the anime. Basically Yui wants to see a whale so Kirito and Suguha take on an underwater quest in ALO, but as it turns out Sugu, and by extension somehow Leafa, can't swim. So Asuna holds a swimming lesson at the pool for all the SAO girls in the real world. Also Kirito encounters somebody they're referring to as just "that person" somewhere else, but who cares about that.

Sugu being worthless, how appropriate.

Silky

Banned
Episode 7 and 10 are the best of the bunch. This episode though...holy shit. So much emotion! Every character being picked and pulled apart to the bone! Very, very very impressed with this show. Absolutely unbelievable.

Ermahgerd-fangirl-mode-feels.gif

Theonik

...So....about ten minutes ago, I just got the Blu-Ray/DVD collection of the first few episodes of Freezing. For free, factory sealed. I am unsure how to feel about this.
It's because of their poverty infrastructure. Also could be because of slow connection between your ISP and CR's datacenters.

CorvoSol

Episode 7 and 10 are the best of the bunch. This episode though...holy shit. So much emotion! Every character being picked and pulled apart to the bone! Very, very very impressed with this show. Absolutely unbelievable.

Ermahgerd-fangirl-mode-feels.gif

TOLD YOU BOUT THE TENTH EPISODE, BRO. I TOLD YOU.

Servant x Service 13

A culmination of the small victories over 13 episodes and a great finale. Shout out to this show in general for a really well done central romantic pairing, with some of the most natural, amusing dialogue and relationship progression in recent memory. It didn't reach the comic highs of Love Lab and Maki Makio, but it's just as successful with it's more grounded approach and romantic focus, with absurd elements thrown in as comic accents. I wish I'd taken notes over the course of the series or something so I could elaborate better because the show deserves more love than it got, and I haven't even mentioned the supporting cast(Chihaya for best character). Despite reaching a fitting end with satisfying and meaningful progress for the characters, if there happens to be a continuation at some point, I will be there.

Log Horizon 1

Nah, I don't think so.

-------------

Just noticed the new UK streaming service is going to air Samurai Flamenco on Thursday. Guess I'll check that out as well.

Pokémon: The Origin - 2

They took a little tidbit from the game about an orphaned Cubone and multiplied the sadness factor of it. I mean damn. That was some Disney shit right there.

Pokémon: The Origin -3

I love the character they gave Giovanni is this special. So serious, so demeaning. I liked how
he starts to realize he was in the wrong in the middle of the fight, as opposed to being stuck up until immediately after he loses. A gradual change is much better than an instant one.

Pokémon: the Origin - 4

Dat music before the final battle with Green. Dat music DURING the final battle with Green.
Hey Ash, Red actually caught the three legendary birds AND Mewtwo. What have you caught? Seriously though, I've lost all respect for Ash after seeing this. Red does what Ashan't (I think I forced that one).

Legend of the Galactic Heroes end

We're done here. My bottle of Trappistes Rochefort thus found its end as did the legends of Yang Wenli and Reinhard von Lohengramm. If only Reuental and MIttermeier could have joined me for this drink.

Oberstein's demise was met with such nonchalant that it hurt me. Say what you will about the man, but he got stuff done and always had the Kaiser's best interests in mind. It's a shame that a man who was just as loyal as Mittermeier was shunned so.

And how fitting is it that the offspring of Mittermeier and Reuental will be the best friend of Alec Sieg? I want to read/watch/experience their adventures through the Galaxy. Even if I hope that a time of peace comes with the combined might of the Kaiserin and Julian I feel like this anime has converted me to madness and it'd be a shame if Alec and Felix didn't get their chance to shine upon the sea of stars.

There's no words to describe how great the characters are, how refined the politics, how nuanced the storytelling, how beautiful, smart and flowing the dialogue and how grand the soundtrack is in Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Every part of it demands your fullest attention and the instant you let go you'll regret it with every fiber of your being and you'll rewind it just so you don't find yourself guilty of what should be treason.

My biggest worry right now is what'll be my next grand series to tackle. One I can always fall back to when everything else I'm currently watching is enabling my brain to fall back into retardation, as it so often loves to do. I guess I'll tackle the Gaiden series' some time later. Even if returning to Siegfried's, Reinhard's and Yang's stories will feel weird after this grand conclusion.

Pokemon: The Origin 1-4

This is what the anime should've been. Red actually gets shit done instead of Ash derping around. I really enjoyed Giovanni's subplot/sidestory of his change of character and of course the battles (actual grunts and roars instead of yelling of the Pokemon's names). And all the musical pieces from the games played was nostalgia overload -sniff- Really hope that this will become a series of sorts or we get an annual specials like this for Silver/Gold, Ruby/Sapphire, etc.

CorvoSol

Pokémon: The Origin - 2

They took a little tidbit from the game about an orphaned Cubone and multiplied the sadness factor of it. I mean damn. That was some Disney shit right there.

Pokémon: The Origin -3

I love the character they gave Giovanni is this special. So serious, so demeaning. I liked how
he starts to realize he was in the wrong in the middle of the fight, as opposed to being stuck up until immediately after he loses. A gradual change is much better than an instant one.

Pokémon: the Origin - 4

Dat music before the final battle with Green. Dat music DURING the final battle with Green.
Hey Ash, Red actually caught the three legendary birds AND Mewtwo. What have you caught? Seriously though, I've lost all respect for Ash after seeing this. Red does what Ashan't (I think I forced that one).

Red standing up to Blue is what makes me lose what little respect I had left for Ash. That said, while it's great that Red caught legendaries, they didn't seem over powered to the level of the ones Ash faced. Like, in the 2nd movie it takes the war of the three birds to trigger the world-ending storm. In the 1st movie it takes the slightest effort on Mewtwo's part.

It takes a God, or what at that time passed for a God of Pokemon, Mew, to match Mewtwo.

So either the Mewtwo in Origins is weaker or just less pissed off.

Why do I need to think of it? If that shower is any indication, the camera man will jam his camera so far down her cleavage that the lens'll shatter and a fragment of glass will somehow, hopefully, lance through her chest and into her heart, whereupon she'll ask Kirito to call 911 as she dies, but Kirito won't know what to do and won't make any promises because she's his plan B, and then when it comes time to save her he'll go and spend time trying to fuck his daughter instead because you can't count on Kirito to get fuck all done.

Sometimes you just have to forget about the pain and embrace the view.

HUm intresting ..they will probably cram the rest of the part of book 3&4 that they skipped into this oav so they can be SET for the giant quest arc after the season 2 ends( yet again as a oav ) ...

at least that's what i'm hoping they will do.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I liked KLK

Hopefully it doesn't shit the bed in the middle like Gurren Lagann. 24 episodes seems like alot for this.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes end

We're done here. My bottle of Trappistes Rochefort thus found its end as did the legends of Yang Wenli and Reinhard von Lohengramm. If only Reuental and MIttermeier could have joined me for this drink.

Oberstein's demise was met with such nonchalant that it hurt me. Say what you will about the man, but he got stuff done and always had the Kaiser's best interests in mind. It's a shame that a man who was just as loyal as Mittermeier was shunned so.

And how fitting is it that the offspring of Mittermeier and Reuental will be the best friend of Alec Sieg? I want to read/watch/experience their adventures through the Galaxy. Even if I hope that a time of peace comes with the combined might of the Kaiserin and Julian I feel like this anime has converted me to madness and it'd be a shame if Alec and Felix didn't get their chance to shine upon the sea of stars.

There's no words to describe how great the characters are, how refined the politics, how nuanced the storytelling, how beautiful, smart and flowing the dialogue and how grand the soundtrack is in Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Every part of it demands your fullest attention and the instant you let go you'll regret it with every fiber of your being and you'll rewind it just so you don't find yourself guilty of what should be treason.

My biggest worry right now is what'll be my next grand series to tackle. One I can always fall back to when everything else I'm currently watching is enabling my brain to fall back into retardation, as it so often loves to do. I guess I'll tackle the Gaiden series' some time later. Even if returning to Siegfried's, Reinhard's and Yang's stories will feel weird after this grand conclusion.

My man

also someone else is watching Giant Robo OVA. I watch that shit annually.

Top 5 material the both of them. Possibly my top 2 personally

Red standing up to Blue is what makes me lose what little respect I had left for Ash. That said, while it's great that Red caught legendaries, they didn't seem over powered to the level of the ones Ash faced. Like, in the 2nd movie it takes the war of the three birds to trigger the world-ending storm. In the 1st movie it takes the slightest effort on Mewtwo's part.

It takes a God, or what at that time passed for a God of Pokemon, Mew, to match Mewtwo.

So either the Mewtwo in Origins is weaker or just less pissed off.

The anime had a really good backstory for Mewtwo. Origins Mewtwo I'd say was less pissed off because in the first movie there was the whole Team Rocket ordeal for him to deal with. Whereas here there's only mention of him being researched by Fuji, so we really don't see how bad Mewtwo had it.

This is what I like about Origins. It keeps things nice and simple and more akin to the games, while still having a sense of good drama. The Cubone backstory, Giovanni, etc.

Pokémon Anime =/= Pokémon Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom