• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haha, just a few days ago I had some time so I listened to most of the most recent podcast before this one now (only an hour and a half and not 3hr+ as well! haha) and it was funny how right near the beginning Kurt goes on for about five minutes how he thought the show nagi no asukara is kind of dumb and many of the characters come across as jerks. CrazyCanuck made the odd comment as well. After all that you ask if they recommend the show and Kurt responds with something like "Yeah, it's alright."

You just start laughing and I chuckled myself. After five minutes of what seemed liked hating on the show and you respond with "It's not a bad show" after being inquired about it,haha.

Later you say "Oh yeah, guys, I went to see Gravity again so I've seen it nine time now." Haha. It certainly seems to be an aptly named movie as you just can't seem to escape its grasp! haha. I feel you should have your name included in the Special Thanks of the home video version or something for going to see it so many times.
Kurt does like bad things it seems. :p

It's too bad that Gravity seems to be gone from theatres, I'd certainly watch it again if I could. lol

I didn't even know you were on twitter. How many tweets have you made about Gravity?
I'm not much of a twitterer. lol
Who are you on the tweeters?

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
P.S.A.

I just wanted to take a minute to remind everyone just how amazing the K-On series is. Don't let the mass-appeal fool you. If you like slice-of-life and need serious healing because your heart has been crushed by something like
Clannad S2
then this is the anime for you. It really IS that good <3

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
P.S.A.

I just wanted to take a minute to remind everyone just how amazing the K-On series is. Don't let the mass-appeal fool you. If you like slice-of-life and need serious healing because your heart has been crushed by something like
Clannad S2
then this is the anime for you. It really IS that good <3

I will never agree to this, I was just too far on the light and airy and pointless side of things. Also, I still loathe that K-ON! is more about cake and tea then the music.

zeroshiki

It's too bad that Gravity seems to be gone from theatres, I'd certainly watch it again if I could. lol

It opens next week over here. You can get on the next plane out and we can watch it together. I'm sure we could drag sonicmj1 with us if we forced him.

Nafe

Haha, his commentary on shows can be funny at times though.

I don't remember if you mentioned specifically what you teach or not but maybe you can somehow work Gravity into a lesson,haha.

I'm not on twitter, just NeoGaf is all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haha, his commentary on shows can be funny at times though.
He seems to be the only one watching the Japanese cartoons lately, anyway. lol

I don't remember if you mentioned specifically what you teach or not but maybe you can somehow work Gravity into a lesson,haha.
I wish. Although short of just breaking down every shot technically, there's not much to talk about.
I'm not on twitter, just NeoGaf is all.
Twitter is the new IRC!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So how Kaguya-hime perform in box office compared to Miyazaki's?
This is what zeroshiki said:
Kaguya-hime came in number 1 in the weekend box office rankings. It made 280 million yen its first 2 days (2 million dollars). It came in 78% of the opening weekend of Mamoru Hosoda's Wolf Children Ame and Yuki and will probably settle in somewhere below that. If anyone's curious, its also below Kaze Tachinu's first week (&#65439;&#1076;&#65439;)&#65281;of nearly 1 billion yen.

Digimon Xros Wars 06

rhujtkbl.jpg

SO MUCH LABU LABU!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Would it be set in a Chinese KFC with a squat toilet?

Yes.

And there wouldn't be any toilet paper either.

Stone will have to have a heart-to-heart moment with someone who needs to clean their ass but doesn't have anything to wipe it with, just like herself.

wonzo

Banned
Yowapeda 8

yowapeda8.jpg

I might have an issue with the overall slower sense of pacing compared to the first few eps but I'm still enjoying the hell out of this. Esp. the skit bits at the end.

Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta 08

What no please watch the OVAs message? Maybe that'll come next episode.

Your standard cool down from the action episode.

CorvoSol

Gundam Build Fighters episode 1
Well I think im already out.
No interest in the plot or characters and absolutely hate that design style on the kids.

You're missing out. Build Fighters isn't about the plot, and the only characters of report are Ramba Ral and Sei's mom. The rest of it is about seeing awesome Gundam matchups in glorious 2D.

zeroshiki

Miyazaki stole Takahata's deserved thunder again :(

From a business perspective, launching both in the same year (original plans were same day even!) made no sense. Moving Takahata's movie to summer next year would have padded out Ghibli's release calendar and probably have made more money (summer vacation). It really seems like both directors really wanted to exit Ghibli the same way they entered.

Gazoinks

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 02

Probably helps that it's not an anime original, but this series has had a really strong start. This episode was even better than the last, really funny, really weird, and charmingly dark.
Fuura deciding Hikkikomori girl was a Zashiki Warashi
Itoshiki's speech to stalker girl,
and
the strawberry OCD fun time
were the best parts.

Have to say, I wish there was more to the OP, especially since the ED is good.

You're missing out. Build Fighters isn't about the plot, The rest of it is about seeing awesome Gundam matchups in glorious 2D.
thats my problem with it atm, I never watched/enjoyed for just the action.
heck my favorite Gundam series had the least action of all (0080)
I might try one more episode.

Jex

City Hunter 1-2

I really like this. Surprised when I found out this was from the 80's. Also that ED is very good. I like how it comes in just at the right time.

I feel like what gives away the age of this series is probably the character designs, they designs and the clothing are pretty much of the 80's era.

Now is also a good time to order the Time of EVE (OVAs). Even though I backed the Kickstarter for the movie edition, I always wanted both versions and the $25 savings is much better than the $2 savings TRSI had when this item was initially added to their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom