• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyoukai no Kanata - 10

Well, things certainly happened.

I wish KyoAni had the audacity to keep Mirai killed off for the rest of the show, but obviously that's probably not happening.

Kill la Kill Episode 10

Well Inumata my type (nsfw~ish?) that was a good showing for him at least
no matter if it was painfully short. Tracksuit version is amazing for him though much better than his standard getup.
. Rest of the episode was same old same old I guess, I liked the usage of the western music at least, felt like watching a firework show at least and there were explosions so it wasnt all that bad at EoD.

jediyoshi

Kyoukai no Kanata - 10

I wish KyoAni had the audacity to keep Mirai killed off for the rest of the show, but obviously that's probably not happening.

you can't kill off hair this fluffy

3kk2JcQ.gif

fertygo

Valvrave The Liberator ep 21
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOHOHOHO

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Code Geass ep 22 has finally been surpassed. Oh lordy, my brain can't take in the awesomeness of this shit stained fan.

I want to say this before, but I just remember.. this VVV eps the victim only about hundred at most.

not million

Jarmel

Banned
Date A Live-fin
So I had seen the first few episodes awhile ago when the show initially aired and utterly disliked it. So today for some reason I was in the mood to watch a harem show and for reasons beyond me, decided to finish it. You know what, it wasn't half bad. Yes there are tons of stupid shit in here but for a harem anime, it kept me entertained without wanting to gut any of the main characters. I do think there is some serious cognitive dissonance as numbers are mentioned in regards to people killed and there isn't much to them other than just some statistics fired off. However the major reason I enjoyed this compared to other harems is the lead himself, compared to someone like Ichika from Infinite Stratos. Here, the male is somewhat likable and charming to an extent without being some super prude. Also all the 'waifu's got a decent amount of screen time without anyone really feeling neglected. Some of the waifus were decent as well which helped the dynamic of the show to a decent extent. At times I thought the harem was going to get too big but the show reigned it in and kept control.

Visually it wasn't anything that notable although there was one good segment in a hospital that used the color red to very effective means. That said, it didn't look bad either. There were some well animated segments and the CGI never became distracting compared to IS. There were also some good character designs and background scenery shots as well. The OST wasn't particularly notable either though.

It was good enough to scratch that itch and make me look forward to the 2nd season.

Bombless

Kyoukai no Kanata - 10

This show is allright, but the OP and ED are my favourites this season.

cajunator

Banned
SaiKano 8

Everyone is changing and he doesn't want to go. He just wants Chise and their old way of life forever. Idealistic but I understand.

Wait, what? Lieutenant Tetsu's girlfriend is the
pedophile
? :lol holy shit

No Shuji, you're not all gonna be okay. No one will. The hurt train will just keep on rolling.

Wow, holy shit Chise.
You jump for the cheating Lt. Tetsu on the rebound and then just striaght up tell him he's gonna die. The dude gets a little bit of hope and life back and you just shit on him. Hard situation all around I know but damn.

This show is relentlessly sad/heartwrenching. You wait for something to get better in it and it never does.

you can't kill off hair this fluffy

3kk2JcQ.gif

Her hair is just amazing. It just is.

Date A Live-fin

So I had seen the first few episodes awhile ago when the show initially aired and utterly disliked it. So today for some reason I was in the mood to watch a harem show and for reasons beyond me, decided to finish it. You know what, it wasn't half bad. Yes there are tons of stupid shit in here but for a harem anime, it kept me entertained without wanting to gut any of the main characters. I do think there is some serious cognitive dissonance as numbers are mentioned in regards to people killed and there isn't much to them other than just some statistics fired off. However the major reason I enjoyed this compared to other harems is the lead himself, compared to someone like Ichika from Infinite Stratos. Here, the male is somewhat likable and charming to an extent without being some super prude. Also all the 'waifu's got a decent amount of screen time without anyone really feeling neglected. Some of the waifus were decent as well which helped the dynamic of the show to a decent extent. At times I thought the harem was going to get too big but the show reigned it in and kept control.

Visually it wasn't anything that notable although there was one good segment in a hospital that used the color red to very effective means. That said, it didn't look bad either. There were some well animated segments and the CGI never became distracting compared to IS. There were also some good character designs and background scenery shots as well. The OST wasn't particularly notable either though.

It was good enough to scratch that itch and make me look forward to the 2nd season.

It was one of the most fun harem shows in recent seasons for sure. I look forward to more!

Valvrave - 21

So after episode 18, or whichever episode had
Haruto meeting his dad,
I thought Haruto would be a little more intelligent about handling wacky situations, but it is business as usual here. Why?

Then, I realized, it's Shoko. Haruto absorbed all her dumb essence, and now he is back to acting like a complete dumbass. If Haruto is going to be cool again, she needs to die, or at least be as far away from him as possible, so he can rub off of smarter characters, like L-Elf.

Otherwise, episode was cool. I guess. Character motivations are a bit out of wack here.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

It's like Espurr but even more terrifying.

Samurai Flamenco - 9

Wasn't expecting it to get so serious so quickly, but I actually enjoy these jarring tonal shifts.

They keep emphasizing the whole no casualty thing so it makes me feel like flamenco diamond (or some other semi-important character) might end up getting killed off.

Quasar

Caught up on Valvrave. Holy mother of God. Epic scale tragedy. Not sure I even want to continue. Whats left? 3 episodes to wrap up? or is another season greenlit?

CorvoSol

VALVRAVE 21

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

YOU KNOW ONE FUCKING THING ABOUT THESE ALIENS. JUST ONE.
THEY DON'T DIE. AND NOW YOU GUN KIDS DOWN EN MASSE AND THEY DON'T GET UP.

Oh God, I mean it's obvious, isn't it?
This was all a set up. These kids were going to be murdered no matter what.
I mean yes that's basically exactly what I say about what happened in Code Geass, but come on
how is this not a set up? The timing of the Dorssian Fuhrer's speech, the ease with which the ARUS president switches sides, the reporter finding his way onto that ship and finding his family member there. It's all too perfect to have been anything other than a set up. And by set up I don't mean just that Cain planned it, but that ARUS was in on it all along. Why else would they not even listen to Shoko's side of things BEFORE OPENING FIRE. Then again, the ARUS are trigger happy as fuck and given that Shoko just goes full bitch on Haruto in this episode, maybe it is all happy circumstance.

By the way, I'm not team #Shoko anymore. I have now joined the vast ranks of Team #Saki because LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOL.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You guys are making me want to watch Valvrave, it's sounding like such an experience.

Pancakes

How are you not watching Valvrave? It is the most sensational Sunrise mecha anime since Code Geass!

Code Geass broke my mind.

I don't know if I can handle that again.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Outbreak Company - 10

So is the scene where the
SDF pummels the dragon
going to be a point of contention in the future for grown folks?

EDIT:
Yuushibu - 10

So they did the
Maid Café omelet
shtick at the beginning of this episode that was done a couple of episodes ago in Outbreak Company leaving me to wonder: With both series having the same real world mixed with fantasy elements, is this two shows taking jabs at each other? The fact is that the shtick is to recent and to specific to be mere coincidence.

Valvrave - 13

Man, I miss seeing Zygarde tiles in the opening.

So the Valvraves are all out of juice? Oh man, is this how they're going to give the body-snatching more screen time? As a refuelling tool? So much for the mind games.

Uh hey, are we going to get little to no info on what redhead computer girl was up to during that skip? With what happened to her last season I'd think a little closure would be necessary.

L-elf remains to be awesome as usual.

Not sure what you mean by that :p
ok ok kidding .. i'll answer so that nobody will complain:

As i said , in 10 eps they would have covered 2 books , considering that this season is 25 eps , they will probably cover the next 3 books up to ep 25 if they do their stuff properly.

The story is NOT over ... there are plenty of BIG events in the last book that they need to take care off.

Do we have stuff for this season : Yes
Do we have stuff for another season : No ( not yet )
Is the story over or about to end ? : Not even close
I was referring to the
Kanami side story, and meant at the novel's current place is she even close to getting to Japan/main story line?
or is it seeming to be one of those long drawn out things that would take seasons and seasons
sorry for bugging you but this show has me pretty interested, especially in maybe reading that side story.

CorvoSol

Coppelion 10

I feel like I'm beginning to see why people were dissatisfied with the way things turned out in Gargantia now. I honestly liked this show a whole, whole lot more when it was about wandering a wasteland, finding survivors, and solving disaster related mysteries. This episode includes a lot of the later features I've come to dislike. It isn't that I hate the show, I'm just, shall we say, dissatisfied with the way things have turned out.

For instance, I love the idea of the First Division. A bunch of military dudes in a wasteland who maintain a creepy control over the rubble is a great source of opposition for the show. The dude who had no face was awesome.

The Ozu Sisters, on the other hand, are terrible. They're stupid, brutish, and have instead of having abilities (such as Taeko's heightened senses or Naruse's increased physical prowess and agility) they have powers like super strength or friggin' lightning bolts. Even their back story is just awful, with them being the daughters of a movie-star/serial killer. It's just really contrived, and rather than the creepy, credible, formidable foe that the First Division's Ghosts represent, they're just boss fights in a show that didn't need boss fights.

Then there's the reveal at the end of this episode. Nobody needed
a Metal Gear.
Why would you need one of those in a wasteland? Why would you need one at all? It's an absurd escalation the plot never really needed.

And lastly Aoi. Good grief, Aoi. She's the Jar Jar Binks of this operation. She's around for comic relief, I suppose, since nothing she does could possibly be intended to elicit anything but laughs, except she isn't funny. She's just whiny, incompetent and annoying. No-Sense deserves a better emotional latch-on.

Again, though. It isn't that I don't like Coppelion. I just wish it had turned out differently.

Syrinx

Full Metal Panic! 7

"Summon the spirit!"
"I can't."
"Picture him raping me."
"MUST KILL BAD MAN!" (though I guess he was composed about feeling it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom