• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of you people are ruining Christmass!

Christmas was already ruined by the bad worldwide economy.
BZJmt44.gif

In other news I'm hypnotized by my own gif.

edit: in other news I missed the joke and only realized it now. LACK OF SLEEP FTW

mhs004

Started watching Buso Renkin last night, the first four episodes in fact, to wash the bad taste star driver left in my mouth. Not bad I am enjoying it but it's nothing special so far about it.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I'm liking the character designs. I'm hoping the show gets out of its shittiness after next episode. And yeah I'd assume it wouldn't be too far off to think these guys will end up being power rangers. Part of me hopes the female one ends up being the love interest for samumenco, but all of the other rangers look like pretty boys so probably not. After that Flamenco girl/Diamond bait'n'switch early on I don't trust this show to give me a romantic interest.

I don't get people complaining about the show. I am onboard with Duckroll.. The fact that the show went so schizo is part of the appeal... and the message they are sending (mundane life of a normal "hero" juxtaposed against TV show heroes) is fairly clever (again kind of riffing it from Kick Ass but even crazier)

I mean I guess if you wanted it to stay like it was from the start... sure... but honestly there is only so far that early premise could have gone before people would have gotten sick of it.. The show eventually needed some kind of tonal change.

I don't get people complaining about the show. I am onboard with Duckroll.. The fact that the show went so schizo is part of the appeal... and the message they are sending (mundane life of a normal "hero" juxtaposed against TV show heroes) is fairly clever (again kind of riffing it from Kick Ass but even crazier)

I mean I guess if you wanted it to stay like it was from the start... sure... but honestly there is only so far that early premise could have gone before people would have gotten sick of it.. The show eventually needed some kind of tonal change.

I was on board with the tone shift from regular kick-ass to batshit insane what we have now. In fact I was fairly bored with the earlier episodes since I wanted some craziness. And when they delivered it I was entertained. I mention this specific arc being shitty now because they managed to bore me with the topic. I know you're meant to be bored as they beat me with the message on the recent episode, that doesn't mean it's all of a sudden better. It's like when somebody makes a really bad humor attempt ironically and you're supposed to find it hilarious because it was done on purpose.

Whether the message is clever or not is not the issue. It's whether I'm entertained. And if the batshit crazy is not there to entertain me, I would hope the characters would. But everybody took a backseat on the recent episode for the sake of setting up this next episode.

Jarmel

Banned
Calling it now, Valvrave is the sequel to Code Geass. It's essentially a Gunbuster/Diebuster situation. The VVV stuff is an extension of CC in that CC was the first alien to land on Earth and was more of a scouting party. At the end of this season, we'll see someone with a Geass pop up possibly Lelouch himself. After that, Valvrave V2 is announced with Lelouch-like character going up against L-Elf and Haruto.

There are currently 6 books of log horizon with the 7th releasing the 20th of this month.
To give you an idea on how the anime adapt the books , episode 10 is the end of the second book.

We should have up to book 5 easily if they plan to make 24 or 26 eps.

Is the side story even close to getting caught up?

Calling it now, Valvrave is the sequel to Code Geass. It's essentially a Gunbuster/Diebuster situation. The VVV stuff is an extension of CC in that CC was the first alien to land on Earth and was more of a scouting party. At the end of this season, we'll see someone with a Geass pop up possibly Lelouch himself. After that, Valvrave V2 is announced with Lelouch-like character going up against L-Elf and Haruto.

There's no way they'd cross the properties like that.

Gundam Seed (Mecha + Former best friends now enemies + discrimination + school) + Death Note (evil hero + meticulous plans + evil laughs) = Code Geass

Gundam Seed (Super powerful Mecha secretly created by a "neutral nation" + main character is special + School friends join in piloting + Main character has sex) + Death Note (meticulous plans + supernatural element) = Valvrave

The formula is sound. Get Gundam Seed (which is in itself a modern rendition of the OG Gundam) add extremely meticulous plans and other elements from Death Note, clean it up and bang, you have one damn entertaining piece of media.

CorvoSol

Oh jeez, Theonik's new avatar. I don't personally have a problem, but I think that might make browsing the thread at school a bit risky, haha.

Is the side story even close to getting caught up?

Not sure what you mean by that :p
ok ok kidding .. i'll answer so that nobody will complain:

As i said , in 10 eps they would have covered 2 books , considering that this season is 25 eps , they will probably cover the next 3 books up to ep 25 if they do their stuff properly.

The story is NOT over ... there are plenty of BIG events in the last book that they need to take care off.

Do we have stuff for this season : Yes
Do we have stuff for another season : No ( not yet )
Is the story over or about to end ? : Not even close

Theonik's avatar looks pretty tame to me.

Course, I thought the Idol Wrestling gif was safe enough to post before it got deleted so ┐(゚~゚)┌

Gazoinks

Your list is missing Fuuko, which is a problem because she should be at the top. But the whole list is wrong anyway so meh.
Except Akio I guess =p

Correct list: Fuuko > Nagisa
x
Ryou > Kyou > Kotomi > Tomoyo

Oh. Yeah. Throw Fuko between Kotomi and Nagisa in my list.
Hers was actually one of the arcs I enjoyed more, but then they decided to undermine the ending by having her continue to appear so she gets to place lower.

Akio's placement is all that really matters anyway. :p

Theonik's avatar looks pretty tame to me.

What it needs is a santa hat.

sleepykyo

Valvrave The Liberator ep 21
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOHOHOHO

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Code Geass ep 22 has finally been surpassed. Oh lordy, my brain can't take in the awesomeness of this shit stained fan.

Somehow, despite following the first one relatively closely I haven't seen any of the second season. Seems I've been missing out on the return to the crazy party.

Pooya

kill la kill 10

Nonon's intro was awesome, damn. Went better than I expected after previous episodes with plot progressing too somewhat, soon good things should happen.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
SaiKano 8

Everyone is changing and he doesn't want to go. He just wants Chise and their old way of life forever. Idealistic but I understand.

Wait, what? Lieutenant Tetsu's girlfriend is the
pedophile
? :lol holy shit

No Shuji, you're not all gonna be okay. No one will. The hurt train will just keep on rolling.

Wow, holy shit Chise.
You jump for the cheating Lt. Tetsu on the rebound and then just striaght up tell him he's gonna die. The dude gets a little bit of hope and life back and you just shit on him. Hard situation all around I know but damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom