• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does SHAFT tend to reuse voice actors? Negima!? and Zetsubou Sensei seem to have a lot of the same people. I'm just going by ear obviously but it's a very similar premise (teacher/students comedy)

Does SHAFT tend to reuse voice actors? Negima!? and Zetsubou Sensei seem to have a lot of the same people. I'm just going by ear obviously but it's a very similar premise (teacher/students comedy)

Yep. Look at the cast lists for their shows and you'll see a ton of familiar names.

Or just look at that chart Arty posted.

Glad to see I wasn't hearing things. I'm still not at the point I can easily recognize voices, well except for Gintoki's voice actor. Samumenco didn't even try to hide it.

I'd say it's more that Tomokazu Sugita has an extremely distinctive-sounding voice that, while quite versatile, is kinda hard to mask.

Gazoinks

Yamato 2199 15

Well Dessler's dead apparently. Interesting.

Good fight scene. Also ploooottiiiiing. Intriiiiigue.

Kodai wise up and get with the superior waifu already.

Golden Time 07

Hey look ghost Banri is gone and now things are entertaining/watchable again! I really hope the show doesn't bring back that stupid plot device. As for Linda...
she is best girl. Koko's adorableness doesn't compare to Linda's character.

Gazoinks

Golden Time 07

Hey look ghost Banri is gone and now things are entertaining/watchable again! I really hope the show doesn't bring back that stupid plot device. As for Linda...
she is best girl. Koko's adorableness doesn't compare to Linda's character.

These are the correct opinions.

pffff Koko is better than Barbara

At this point
I'm not sure what Koko knows what love even is at this point or more specifically can't distinguish love from attraction. I'm predicting the two (or maybe just Banri) will get tired of the euphoria of "omfg i just got into a relationship" stage, break up, Banri gets with Linda, then break up with Linda and go back to Koko. Said drama will result in Koko character development.

Gazoinks

At this point
I'm not sure what Koko knows what love even is at this point or more specifically can't distinguish love from attraction. I'm predicting the two (or maybe just Banri) will get tired of the euphoria of "omfg i just got a girlfriend" stage, break up and get with Linda, then break up with Linda and go back to Koko. Said drama will result in Koko character development.

Koko and Linda get together, forever alone ending for Banri. Calling it now.

You're probably right in that guess tho. Koko is pretty emotionally immature.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I just realized that Haruto in VVV is basically
Shadow the Hedgehog. Ignoring that Shadow is an 2edgy4you antihero and Haruto is just a whiny crybaby, Haruto shares traits like was genetically engineered to be the Ultimate Lifeform, has crazy powers, has a creator who doesn't care about him, is overly emotional about things, has a counterpart/rival that is leaps and bounds better than him that he sometime likes and sometimes hates, and will probably start to forget his past.
Or I could just be blowing smoke out my ass.

Quasar

Nagi no Asukara 7 - Continues to be enjoyable. Trying to get the two parties to settle ended as expected. The whole bit with the guardian of the people was interesting. Still don't quite understand whats really going on there beyond trying to reduce the number of fertile population from leaving for the surface.

At this point
I'm not sure what Koko knows what love even is at this point or more specifically can't distinguish love from attraction. I'm predicting the two (or maybe just Banri) will get tired of the euphoria of "omfg i just got into a relationship" stage, break up, Banri gets with Linda, then break up with Linda and go back to Koko. Said drama will result in Koko character development.

Well this IS from the same author of Toradora and that was chock full of melodrama. Good kind though.

I don't think it'll be quite that dramatic, but they did get together way too early so I'm sure they'll have to keep it fresh with some form of drama.

Unbreakable Machine Doll 6

I should not have watched this. Talking robot doll thing or not, a sad dog story is still a sad dog story, something I'm not really in the mood for right now.

Fate/Zero 19

Intense episode, more Kiritsugu backstory.
Great ending of the two-episode arc giving depth to Kiritsugu's character, shame as I really like Nataria.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I keep seeing people liking it, I dropped it after ep 1, where does it go?

it pretty much just carries on what the first episode started, if the first ep failed to grab you at all, i don't really think any other episode would be able to change your opinion.

NouCome 6

Kanade, Kanade, Kanade. Another episode, another choice badly made.

I know that final choice was clearly set up to guilt him into choosing Option 2, but Option 1 was still the correct choice. Yukihira said herself that she wanted to tell him the truth but was too scared that he wouldn't accept her for who she really was. By revealing himself then and there, he could have granted her wish by reassuring her that he WOULD accept her. It could even have been a touching and beautiful scene if he had played it right. But no, he had to take the cowardly option and suffer in the process. Foolish, foolish, foolish.

You are absolutely right. It was yet another time when this show could have been something more than the harem-dreck that it ultimately is, but it passed, and proved itself to be nothing more than its genre. And when it IS something which has showed flashes of potentially being something better than that, it's definitely unfortunate to see it not even try.

So yes, the ending where he chooses the right answer -- #1 -- would have been great to see. It's too bad the writers weren't brave enough to go for it.
On the other hand though, as I said in my review of the episode (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89784065&postcount=3279), I do think that
the super-cute "real Yukihira" is too generic; it's fortunate for the show that she ISN'T usually like that, because that way she'd have nothing to distinguish herself from most any other haremite in most shows in this genre. I don't have a problem with the concept of the external self being a cover, but a better show would have handled both of these elements, both her internal personality and the ending to this episode, much better.

Fate/Zero 20

Welp shit is going down.
Doesn't really seem in Rider's character to bust down a door, kill someone, then kidnap someone. Well, busting doors down is part of his character, the latter two are not. Since the episode was titled "The Assassin Returns" I'm betting the assassin is back in a Rider-disguise?

CorvoSol

Shadow the Hedgehog. Ignoring that Shadow is an 2edgy4you antihero and Haruto is just a whiny crybaby, Haruto shares traits like was genetically engineered to be the Ultimate Lifeform, has crazy powers, has a creator who doesn't care about him, is overly emotional about things, has a counterpart/rival that is leaps and bounds better than him that he sometime likes and sometimes hates, and will probably start to forget his past.

So Haruto is Mewtwo?

jgminto

Someone just showed they know too much about Shadow the Hedgehog.

Pooya

Gargantia - 15

well,
this other fleet were dumb fools even before Kugel descended on them

the indoctrination in the end was so cool
lolol

Fate/Zero 21

Damn that was like Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet gone bad.
Definitely felt for Kariya but on the opposite side of the coin he had been lost for a long time. Kirei taking advantage of this was just awesome. Sad that Maiya is dead and with this show it's safe to say the Matou family is literally just a bunch of dicks.

Watched episode 6 of KnK yesterday, I think i'm losing interest. It's just not holding me. I'm only there for Ai at this point.

I like to change my avatar a lot. I had a different Eikichi one when I started posting, then two different Ryuko ones, then an Inari one. It's a cycle. :p

Ryuko avatars are the best avatars.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
So Haruto is Mewtwo?

...yes.

Someone just showed they know too much about Shadow the Hedgehog.

I+Regret+Everything+Read+Desc.+.+Pretty+much+my+dogs+face_7645c3_3420745.jpg

DiGiKerot

I would hope this eventually leads to a physical release along with the four, six-minutes specials. I doubt I will be able to see any screenings where I live.

The Beginning of the Day specials are all just bits of the movies first 20minutes they snipped out. It's all stuff that's actually in the movie.

fertygo

About a week ago I watching Patlabor movie no. 2, after finished its left me polarized whether to think its a good movie or not, after awhile and reviewing my thought I think I come to conclusion that I don't think its a good movie.

Like your usual serious Oshii's movie, the story is tied heavily to thought provoking philosophy discussion.. This time topic is about the modern people culture that too busy dwelling around "peace" while ignoring unjust situation in everywhere.. the villain in this movie organizing event that gonna shake this foundation of belief, that he think can making big collapse anytime.

The dialogue in this movie is very good, and those philosophy talk does very engrossing and fascinating. So what's the problem?

For a movie that telling story where "terrorism" act shaking the whole country, military taking over country security, shit even foreign relationship heaten up .. Its absolutely give no effort to give portrayal of public panic, confusion, and other else.. the philosophy talk just keep going without the film showing the impact of that event the conservation mention. Instead the movie made my mind provoked the end I feel its just empty social commentary, because I'm not seeing the result of said event.

Movie also ignoring the fact the series have giant cast, instead making use of those character the movie just showing 4-5 character back and forth chatting about that philosophy almamater .. I don't get it, why not use those character to proving those philosophy point? Such like they living in "ignorant peace" and the impact that they got due to the mess instead just leaving it in chat bubble.

The movie also have pacing issue, in last 15 minute its like someone just remember that they got to had police mech action somewhere.

Maybe the movie could work better as a book (Well if they not fixing some problem, I wouldn't call it a good book either though) or the case is in much smaller scope, like president assassination plan maybe? Something that worked better as excuse to have story that basically about investigator working with intel, instead pretending the movie gonna cover bigger ground than that.

Fate/Zero 23

Alas the almighty and charismatic Rider
has fallen. It is to be expected as I've already played F/SN. I really didn't expect Berserker to be Lancelot, will be interested in how that happened, if they show it. Either way a knight armed with a sniper rifle then a SMG is just plain fucking awesome.
Now it's time for the long-awaited Kirei vs Kiritsugu.

Articalys

If you've got some problem with what I do here on NeoGAF, you can just tell me, you know. I post news as it comes up if I'm interested in it and no one's mentioned it in the thread yet, that's all. I'm continuously working on not adding any extraneous information or misleading details or side comments, and trying to cause less drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom